McGEE Brothers

Founded 1971 • With Angi since November 2008

A complete foundation and masonry contractor with four divisions. Grading, Footings and poured walls, Masonry & concrete flatwork....

Mount Valley Foundation Services

Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Mount Valley Foundation Services on Angi
Cantey Foundation Specialists

Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe home.

Wood Rescue Team

We Fix Rot. It really is as simple as that. We repair joists, sills, girders and piers in your crawlspace. Employ NADRA certified deck safety inspectors for deck repairs and perform repairs made to last on the exterior of your home including soffit, fascia, wood or Hardie siding. We are your neighbors, here to help.

03/30/2016

Robert Z.

We called them for a quote to add on to our driveway, after getting a hold of them they came out and we talked about what the job would take to do it, I was also told the lead time was only a few days out so it would not be a issue getting our job done in the time we needed it. I was told we would have a quote in a few days because of the weekend. I called them after not hearing anything and I was told the owner wanted to go and look at the job. I waited another day and got a email saying they would not do the job because they had to much work coming up. Funny that the guy estimating jobs told me they only had a few jobs and would be able to do it quickly for me.

Description of Work
Nothing but a bunch of talk and not quote.

06/10/2014

paul R.

punctual, fast, clean and great value

Description of Work
new roof

10/14/2013

Ralph B.

They arrived on schedule and did the work in 2 days as they said they would. The finish on the concrete was very good. They placed adequate number of joints in concrete to prevent cracking. No surprises. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
Broke out old driveway concrete and replaced with new concrete.

Category concrete driveways

07/17/2013

Richard B.

They were great. They had a good price. They did good work. Their demeanor was also great. I already recommended them to one of my neighbors.

Description of Work
I used McGee Brothers Company toward the end of last year for pouring concrete on a sidewalk around my house.

06/25/2013

Patty W.

Workers arrived before 8:00 AM and were here until after 6:00 PM. Very hard workers. Everything went smoothly and it looks nice.

Description of Work
Company removed concrete on old driveway and replaced with concrete.

12/22/2011

Ralph B.

They scheduled the work to be done within 2 week after I told them I wanted them to do the job. On the first day they tore out the old concrete, graded the area and installed forms. The second day they placed the concrete and finished the job. I was pleased with the finished product.

Description of Work
My driveway was over 20 years old and had many cracks and was "spalling" off at the surface. McGee tore out the old concrete and installed new concrete in approximately the same area. I asked them to change the slope in one area and increase the size in another area. They completed all this per my verbal instructions. They provided a detailed quotation.

11/11/2011

richard D.

I arranged to meet with Jonathan Brush, Concrete Supervisor, for Mc Gee Brothers so that I could explain my project to him and to obtain a price quote. Jonathan was right on time, courteous, and professional. He answered alI of my questions and provided me a competitive quote for the project immediately. When I gave the go-ahead for the project, there was no delay. My project was formed and poured without any delay - no nonsense - all business. The anchor bolt placement (a critical aspect of the project) was completed perfectly, In regard to the slab - it too turned out flawlessly. The job could not have gone better. It was an absolute pleasure dealing with Mc Gee Brothers - great company!

Description of Work
Mc Gee Brothers, Co. formed and poured a 30' by 60' concrete slab for a steel building I was constructing and set the anchor bolts for the building.

Category concrete repair,masonry

08/09/2011

Bonnie J.

Overall, this was a completely painless experience from the time we met with Jonathan Brush to the time the project was finished. Jonathan was extremely professional and responsive, always available by phone as he worked with us to pinpoint the exact date for the work to be done. He even told us that he was going to use his very best crew to do this job for us. In one day they completely removed all of the concrete from the existing driveway, and on the second day they poured all of the concrete and finished up the fine detailwork. Even though they had to disrupt some of our landscaping during the project, everything was exactly back in place when they finished. They cleaned up so well that it was difficult to tell that they had been here--particularly with all of the heavy equipment they used. This crew was professional, reliable, courteous, and have a strong work ethic. Jonathan Brush is an excellent leader. We would highly recommend McGee Brothers to anyone looking to have concrete work done, and appreciate what an excellent job they did for us.

Description of Work
Jonathan's crew completely removed our driveway from the street to our garage. They removed concrete next to garage door and provided a slope out of the garage. They replaced the curb, as well. 3,000 psi concrete with saw-cuts, as required.

01/05/2011

Sandra B.

We received 3 bids ranging from approximately $8,000 to $13,000, but I was most impressed with Jonathan Brush of McGee Brothers so we selected them to install our driveway. The drive took approximately 50 yds. of concrete and 5 days to complete, so as you can see it was a long dirveway for an average home. Jonathan Brush was most courteous and professional. I do not remenber the names of the crew that did the actual work, but I was also impressed with their professional attitude and attention to detail. This crew knew their job and worked well with each other. At the end of the day they policed the jobsite and left the work area clean and safe.

Description of Work
McGee Brothers installed a driveway for us. We had waited years to afford having a driveway installed so to say we are please with the end result is putting it mildly. In the fall of 2009 we had add an addition to our home with a new garage in the basement level, but had not been able to use it since we had so much red mud and did not want to stain the concrete floor. We now drive down our long beautiful driveway and pull/back into our garage, then when we leave we have a circle drive area that allows us plenty of room to manuver our cars in whichever direction we are headed. We LOVE THE DRIVE. It is also saving on dirt tracted into the house. I have a small dog and I have to walk her daily so now we both keep our feet clean!

10/07/2010

Byron B.

Their guys were very professional, and the patio looks great.

Description of Work
Poured a concrete patio around 215 sq ft. Area did not have truck access so they used wheel barrows to get the concrete to the site.

Category concrete repair

Masonry & concrete finishing.