Chim Cheree, The Chimney Specialists

Founded 1978 • With Angi since June 2006

27 Edwards Lake Dr

Greer, SC 29651

Chim Cheree, The Chimney Specialists is a local family owned business. We build, install, service, and repair chimneys and solid fuel appliances. We inspect and evaluate chimney and venting systems. We are serious about fire safety and do not install cheap appliances or parts. Our goal is to provide you with a worry free chimney system. We are a small, family owned business. We perform all the work ourselves and do not do any subcontracting. All of our technicians are certified by the Chimney Safety Institute of America and the National Fireplace Institute....

01/04/2020

William G.

Ive only been waiting since February of 2019 for a quote have been very polite and called every two months requesting my quote and keep getting promoted it's on the way. Still waiting.

Description of Work
An estimate to repair chimney for leaking and to install an insert to push hot air out into the house.

Category chimney repair,fireplaces

02/12/2018

June L.

They did exactly what they were suppose to do. Inspection before work was very carefully done and well documented. The sweep of inside on chimney was done and care was taken to keep everything clean. I was disappointed that work did not include a good cleaning of the inside open area of fireplace but I agree that description of a sweep does not include that.

Description of Work
Sweep of Chimney; we’re changing fireplace from wood burning to gas logs

Category chimney sweep

12/27/2017

Suzanne G.

Showed up on time, very professional, had modern equipment and gave us a work up of recommended work.

Description of Work
Inspected the fireplace and chimney and gave us an evaluation regarding the condition.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

05/21/2017

mark V.

Response was quick along with appointment. However estimator was totally unprofessional upon arriving and conducting his work. Got ladder out and attempted to climb to chimneys (wood cedar shake roof which was described before coming) and in process damaged a couple of shakes. Came down and told us that we had a "bad / old" roof. House is 6 years old. Further he said that he was afraid to damage the roof and that it would be costly as will need a "bucket" truck. Persisted that we had a bad roof and old roof. Clearly not professional and was not nice. No, did not pay the $175.

Description of Work
Requested a quote for chimney caps (4). Sent pictures and described the roof. Was willing to pay $175 if they did not do work as it is their policy

Category chimney caps

Hi [Member Name Removed], I'm sorry for any miscommunication on my part, and I apologize if I came off as unprofessional or flippant. While some shake roofs are ladder-accessible, yours simply wasn't. In an effort to avoid any damage to your property and any bodily harm to myself, I suggested the lift/bucket truck as an alternative. I understand entirely if you'd prefer to go with another company. Since I was unable to do any work for you, I did not charge anything for my visit. Thank you for your feedback. We always appreciate customer feedback, even if it's negative so that we can improve. Sincerely, David Kline Owner Chim Cheree The Chimney Specialists

08/08/2016

Karen S.

I am a real estate agent representing a buyer. The seller's told us we may have to have a new chimney liner ($4500-$12000 possible cost). I called Chim Cheree and he came out the day I called. He was very honest and knowledgeable about what was needed. He was very thorough in his explanation even going so far as videotaping his explanation so that it could be sent to my out of state client. When I sent his report to my client, my client said "this guy is impressive!" As a real estate professional, I appreciate promptness and honesty. We will be using him to clean the chimney on my buyer's new house and I will definitely use him again in the future! Thank you so much for everything.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and quote.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,fireplaces

07/18/2016

Stephanie S.

We were very pleased. They came out and gave us a good estimate. They said they could come out and fix it and they did!

Description of Work
They waterproofed the brick and built a new cap for our chimney.

Category chimney caps,chimney repair

03/24/2016

Luther H.

We received a comprehensive report of the inspection. Audio recording of the "debrief" afterwards and dozens of photos documenting everything. They gave us practical, straight forward advice for how to protect the top of the chimney from weather. When we can afford to put an insert in, we will call them back out!

Description of Work
Inspected chimneys and dryer ducts.

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair,dryer vent cleaning

02/10/2016

Marsha G.

Inspected chimney. Paid !75.00 for a bunch of pictures. What ever happened to earning business.I already new that we had a leak and obviously was coming from top and around brick on outside.Do yourself a favor and find someone that will give you a free estimate.

Description of Work
inspected chimney

Category chimney sweep,masonry,chimney repair

11/09/2014

Philip K.

They were on time, smart and informative without being overbearing, and performed their job professionally. They even cleaned and repaired another problem I had while at the house. I was impressed with their knowledge and professionalism.

Description of Work
chimney inspection and cleaning. dryer vent cleaning and repair

Category chimney sweep,chimney repair

07/25/2014

Claire S.

They arrived a few minutes early, which was great! I had to stay home from work this morning in order to meet with them so it got me to the office a little earlier than I anticipated. Before David stepped foot in the door, he covered his shoes in order to keep my floors clean. He examined the fireplace itself, took some photos, and went to the roof to examine the top of the chimney as well. When he was done, he came back inside to explain his findings and show me the photos. He even recorded everything we discussed so I can share it with my husband later - it is really nice they do that because there is no way I could have remembered all of those details. They will be emailing me suggestions on how to fix the chimney/fireplace (it needs to be completely replaced after improper initial installation and 25 years of total neglect). I will definitely be using them to replace the entire system when we are financially prepared to do so.

Description of Work
They provided a thorough inspection of my 25-year-old chimney.

Category chimney sweep

Leon Masonry

We specialize in foundations, new construction bricking, and making brick arches. We also offer mini projects like brick encased mailboxes, brick columns, and brick fire places. We take the time to make sure everything is right the first time. We have 10 years of experience in both residential and commercial masonry.

Dryer Vent Wizard of Upstate SC

Homeowners with clogged dryer vents typically experience longer dryer cycles resluting in $18-$24 more per month in energy costs. Additionally, over 15,000 dryer fires occur each year, with failure to clean being the leading factor. The trained professionals at Dryer Vent Wizard specialize in cleaning, repairing, altering, and installing dryer vent lines. It's all we do, so we have the right knowledge, tools, and techniques to do the job right. An informed decision is the best decision... Download our Dryer Fire Warning Signs. To schedule an appointment contact (864)607-9002

Prime Concrete Solutions LLC

Prime Concrete Solutions is a family owned business created to ensure quality work and our top priority is to ensure our clients our satisfied satisfy with the end results. Creating a direct relation that will give us a better north to continue growing day by day.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

We build and install quality fireplaces and outdoor fire features. We sweep fireplace and solid fuel appliance chimneys. We sell and install quality wood burning inserts and stoves. We renovate, repair, and rebuild deteriorating chimney structures. We inspect fireplace and chimney systems, then explain them to you so you understand what's going on. We fix leaking chimneys! All of our installations and repairs are backed up with our 10 year worry free guarantee.

We are not roofers or carpenters. We do not sell cheap products or parts. We do not do shoddy work, or cut corners to lower your costs and compromise your safety.