Carolina Gutter Helmet and More

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2006

Family-owned and operated we provide the highest quality products, professionally installed, at a reasonable price. Our objective is to offer our customers a level of service unmatched by the competition. Our reputation and continued growth are based on how we treat you. There is simply no substitute for our personal service. Our pledge to our customers is that we have outstanding quality and dependable service, courteous staff and sales representatives, superior american made products and guaranteed lowest prices. Branch Location: 2053 Island Trail Chapin SC, 29036 Local: 803-798-5834 Toll Free: 877-6874888...

Gutter Helmet

+2 more images

4.4

gutter repair (58)gutter cleaning (18)awnings (13)roofing (8)window replacement (2)door installation (1)

02/10/2021

Joy S.

Robie Hutcherson, the owner of Carolina Gutter Helmet, knew exactly what my home needed! The installers, John, Noah and Jake were very professional and courteous, they did an amazing job putting new gutters on my home. I am thrilled at how nice my house looks! A job well done! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Description of Work
Gutter installation and repairs

Work Completed On 02/09/2021

11/20/2020

Mike C.

From the initiation of my inquiry to the execution of the project, I was very pleased with Carolina Gutter Helmet. Kerry Shade was fantastic in working with me to understand my needs, identify a solution, and provide me an accurate estimate of timing and cost for the project. When unexpected issues arose such as need to replace part of my roof, Jayme Mack was fantastic in getting the work re-scheduled and so terrifically responsive to my concerns. Very happy that Angie's List recommended Carolina Gutter Helmet.

Description of Work
Replace/repair some of my gutters and conduct minimal gutter cleaning.

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

11/05/2020

Lisa K.

I need it gutters very badly. I am not really sure if I paid a fair price. I did felt a lot of pressure to buy even though I wasn't prepared. The workers showed up later than I expected but they did the job very quickly. Overall everything went well.

Description of Work
I needed Gutters

Work Completed On 11/05/2020

Robin S.

They did a great job fixing my porch and cleaning up after themselves. Were able to do the whole job in one day. I would definitely recommend them and would hire them again if needed.

Description of Work
they repaired my back porch roof

Category awnings

Work Completed On 07/22/2022

Cindy H.

there quote was outrageous for 1 gutter cancelled the contracr.

Description of Work
N/A

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

Carolyn D.

Didn’t get the doors. They didn’t replace screen that came with a hole in it. No one would explain anything! I finally had to file a grievance with the BBB. Ended up hiring a different company to install the doors.

Description of Work
New windows and exterior doors.

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 02/04/2020

12/14/2019

Darrell H.

He did a great job, and it only took about an hour or so. Great job !

Description of Work
Repaired about 25 ft. of sagging seamless gutter across the back of my home.

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

12/01/2018

T W.

Quick response, but did not use service. I needed standard gutters. They only provide gutter helmet type gutters.

Description of Work
gutters install

Work Completed On 10/31/2018

02/12/2018

Gene J.

Neatly installed and quickly, cleaned up on completion

Description of Work
Gutter Helmet installed, Gutters aligned and cleaned also

Category gutter cleaning, gutter repair

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

10/29/2017

Sergio C.

The sales crew came out to give me an estimate and the price seemed reasonable so I signed a contract for installation of new and replacement gutters. When the installation crew came out, they had concerns about installing the selected product on my flat TPO roof, so installation was not performed. After meeting with the owner, Robie Hutcherson, we agreed that it was best to cancel the project since neither party was convinced about the proper marriage of the selected product to my roof style. Robie was very cordial and accommodating. He refunded my deposit right away and cancelled the finance of the balance of the contract. Will definitely recommend to others and keep them in mind for future projects. Very nice folks.

Description of Work
new and replacement gutters

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

04/13/2017

DEBORAH R.

We love the gutter covers and they fixed a roof leak that several others had tried to fix without success.

Description of Work
We got gutter helmets installed and they also did roof work.

Work Completed On 04/13/2017

03/20/2017

Julia B.

Generally very good. Some of the gutters extend past the edge of the house. They were professionals and cleaned up the mess after they were finished. Seems like the salespersonew could've communicated a little better with the crew. Otherwise I would have given an American grade. Basically a grade of A minus.

Description of Work
Needed gutters replaced and damage on a couple of soffits.

Work Completed On 03/20/2017

02/09/2017

Craig D.

They were on time and were very professional. Only been on about a week so time will tell. Initial impression was very good. Have confidence in the company.

Description of Work
gutter helmets put on gutters

Work Completed On 02/09/2017

08/26/2016

Andrea W.

The salesman came on time to our appt. He measured and showed us the system. I emailed him 3 times to try and get the quote for the job. Once I received it, I emailed the owner of the company to request the measurements taken for the job. I received a reply that he would get back to me but he never did. I emailed again asking for the information. No response. We were ready to install the system but could not get anyone to respond to repeated requests. I definitely would not recommend this company.

Description of Work
New gutter guard system

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

11/30/2015

Joe E.

I meet with Bryan Hutcherson with Carolina Gutter Helmet went over the Gutter Helmet system and price ,picked out the color for the gutter helmet , set the date for installation and the installation was completed one day before the set date. Great job and workmanship, the crew did a great job cleaning upon competition of the job.

Description of Work
Installed the Gutter Helmet system on our house.

Work Completed On 11/19/2015

04/29/2015

bud S.

Robie and his guys were excellent in all respects. They were very professional on the difficult install due to the 200 pound weight of the automated awning and left our premises in very clean order. I would definitely use them again and would highly recommend them to anyone. Bud in Greenville

Description of Work
INSTALLED A 25' PORCH AWNING

Work Completed On 04/27/2015

01/28/2015

Jeffrey M.

Three workers arrived on time and when scheduled. They were courteous, professional, and installed the awning without difficulty. It has continued to work well ever since, and it has now been over a year. We would recommend them to anyone who needs an awning installed.

Description of Work
Installed a Retractable Sunsetter Awning

Work Completed On 10/11/2013

01/12/2015

Jason G.

When I first contacted Gutter Helmet they sent out someone to give me an onsite estimate and consultation on the different gutter protection products they carry. I ended up going with the 5" gutters and copper mesh protector. Based on my house only being affected by leafs this seemed to be the best option based on all my research. Everything was installed a few days ago and seems to be working well based on the rain yesterday. Although more money than I had originally wanted to pay it seemed to be a good value based on my research. I'm happy with everything so far and will update this review as I get more usage out the gutters and covers.

Description of Work
Installed new gutters and copper mesh gutter protector

Work Completed On 01/09/2015

01/08/2015

Stephen W.

We were pleased with both the product and the crew. They did a great job and were efficient and professional.

Description of Work
Installed new gutter shields.

Work Completed On 10/22/2014

12/03/2014

Barbara R.

Outstanding customer service. Rapid installation. The rain gutters actually improve the look of our home. LOVE this company.

Description of Work
Installed rain gutters.

Work Completed On 05/01/2014

10/13/2014

Melissa B.

They came to the house with fabric samples and design guides for everything we wanted. We discussed what we wanted, he did the measurements and gave us an immediate quote. We signed the order and paid 1/2 of the total up front. The gutters were installed exactly when they had told us to expect them. The awning is something they order from another company, there were delays getting it made due to the volume of business the company apparently had at that time. Delays were communicated to me and we were kept informed, but it did take weeks more than originally expected to receive the awning. Once it was shipped to them, they came out and installed it very quickly. The gutters have had a lot of use since they were installed and we've also used the awning multiple times. There have been no problems with either at this point.

Description of Work
We had them install gutters and a sun awning over our patio.

Work Completed On 07/31/2014

09/24/2014

FABIENNE M.

I called this company because I had two small leaks in our gutters. His only concern was to sell its gutter protection system . Our only concern was to fix leaks. We found another company who repaired efficiently at a reasonable cost.

Description of Work
Work not done because of an expensive quote. Approximate cost of service $1254.00.

Work Completed On 09/10/2014