Roto-Rooter Plumbing & Drain Service

Founded 1984 • With Angi since June 2006

136 Tanner Road

Greenville, SC 29607

Servicing Georgia, North, & South Carolina including Augusta, Asheville, Greenville, Myrtle Beach, Wilmington and the surrounding areas.. Locally owned and operated franchise since 1984. Roto-Rooter is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all of your plumbing and drain cleaning needs.

12/27/2020

George K.

Installation went fine. Note: They did tell me they were no longer affiliated with Angies List though.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Category water heater repair

06/03/2020

Terry B.

very well. A professionally install by Kevin F. He was courteous and well spoken. Cleaned up after the job was done. Will recommend him to others.

Description of Work
plumbing bathroom vanity

Category appliance repair, drain cleaning

Thank you for your business, [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate it.

05/15/2020

Ben R.

On 2/21/20 I had Roto Rooter replace my sewer line due to clay pipes with root damage. The first thing they did was cut the gas line to my house and my neighbor's house when digging. I do not care if it was their fault or the company's fault that marked the lines. The problem I had was that no one from Roto Rooter notified us that this happened. The only way we found out was from our neighbor. Gas was leaking in my house with animals inside and no one bothered to tell us at Roto Rooter. So there was a two hour delay for that. Roto Rooter proceeded to dig until near dark and THEN notify me that there was an issue with a 6" main line they encountered. They dug for hours after seeing the line that would "be an issue". A "patch" was done for my sewer line. I now had an approx 30 foot by 4 foot deep trench in my yard. The "patch" job was horrible and resulted in sewage from my house going into the hole...being exposed. This hole remained open for over a week after several times that Roto Rooter could not get someone out. Roto Rooter ultimately told me they had to notify the County, etc to identify whose "main line" this was. Over the course of them "trying to identify whose line it was" they ran a camera in an attempt to locate where the line went. They could not fully locate it but offered to jet and camera the line further for an additional $680. I declined. They slowly proceeded to try to identify the line for over a week until I took over the process. Within a few days I had it resolved with help from ReWa and Wade Hampton Sewer. Roto Rooter had also been in contact with ReWa and Wade Hampton, but apparently getting anything accomplished wasn't a priority. I then told Roto Rooter to not come back out to my house. The work was completed by someone else. The 6" line is not a main. It was my line. On March 6th I told Joe at Roto Rooter to send me a bill for work done. It then took Roto Rooter 7 weeks to get me an updated bill...almost 2 months. The original bill was supposed to be $2833.05. The updated bill was for $1513.32. When I asked for clarification on my bill it took them another week to get back to me AFTER I sent a very long email detailing the whole nightmare of dealing with them. When I was contacted it was apparent that they did not read my email or the invoice they sent me for $1523.32. Joe said the talked to the owner and they would knock off the camera charge and it came to $1530ish (I can't recall the exact amount but it was right over the bill amount). Apparently they meant to send me a bill that was even higher than $1513.32. I immediately told him "I didn't call to have the price raised, so how about we just settle up with $1513.32 and be done". They agreed. I wanted to be done with it. I understand that situations arose that were not expected BUT communication was horrible on their part. I had to contact DHEC to inquire if the way they left my house was an environmental hazard. (Hint: It was.) Over the course of the week that Roto Rooter "couldn't get anyone out" I had several neighbors stop and inquire about the open hole with apparent sewage that was visible. The only reason I decided to pay without taking it any further was because two guys did dig up my yard for me. So I paid Roto Rooter to dig up my yard, put in a horrible patch job, and run a camera. I will never hire them again. Joe was my project manager. I never spoke directly to an owner as I requested in my email. I have no idea how they have stayed in business this long in the Greenville area with such horrible communication with customers. I have noticed that the negative reviews online all have a common factor: poor communication with customers and certain personnel mentioned in each one. I have attached two photos. One if the "patch" that was put into place by Roto Rooter that resulted in my inquiring to DHEC anonymously about the safety of this situation. I was assured it was not safe. It is not safe because it does NOT patch the sewer line as you can see in the other photo. The arrow shows where the "patch is located". The circle is the existing clay sewer line that was destroyed....and left open. As you can see it was not patched to anything, so that "fix" had my sewage running into this open hole in my yard. Just sharing my experience that I paid for so that others are informed.

Description of Work
Main Sewer Line Replacement

Category plumbing, drain pipe, sewer cleaning

I am sorry that your experience did not continue to be 5-star rated, as it was on your first review. We have discussed your job with the service pros involved to determine what could have been done differently, and how we could have better communicated through all the challenges of your job.

03/17/2020

Michaela T.

They went above and beyond and very nice, professional and responsive.

Description of Work
My kitchen sink is slow to drain and backing up into my dishwasher.

Category plumbing

Thank you for giving us a call, and the chance to earn your business.

02/10/2020

Michelle R.

They came within the hour after calling, called to let me know they were on the way, knew who i was and the job I was having done based on the number that showed up on the screen when I called them back, fixed the problem, took payment over the phone and emailed a detail report with pictures. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Plumbing stoppage lower down the pipe, in the yard

Category plumbing

Thank you for your business, and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad we were able to resolve that drainage issue for you. If you need our help in the future don't hesitate to give us a call.

01/06/2020

Robert E. T.

Completed 3 1/2 weeks ago, then repeated today after it reclogged at no charge. Video exploration to be done tomorrow at usual charge, but recommended. Done by Kevin who was very nice and thorough.

Description of Work
Unclog drain.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your business.

11/30/2019

s S.

Called Roto-Rooter after the first plumber (a competitor) quoted me $500 (gulp!). Roto-Rooter sent out 2 guys the same day; very professional, easy to talk to and get information from, and they got the job done in 40 min at half the price.

Description of Work
All the drains in my house were backed-up. Tried home remedies like vinegar and baking soda followed by hot water, but it just made things worse.

Category sewer cleaning

Thank you for sharing your experience! It is great to hear that we were able to resolve that issue in a timely and professional manner. We appreciate the chance to earn your business.

10/22/2019

Mojeed S.

I was charged for the job that wasn't done. My house was left in a complete mess at the end of the day. The field manager told me and my wife the company was going to reimburse me in the amount of $334.00 and didn't materialize. I was supposed to be charged for diagnostics, instead I was charged for both diagnostics and fixing.

Description of Work
Unclog the drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the service you received. We have discussed your service with all of the team members involved to determine how we could have best handled your service. This customer was issued a refund on 10/6/2019.

08/30/2019

Edward C.

very good .Dean Burton very polite and very professional. Dean was very nice to talk too and explained things very well. I would have him again if we have a plumping problem. He replaced pipe and show me old pipe.

Description of Work
Drain had roots in it

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Thanks for taking the time to review our services. Thanks for choosing Roto-Rooter!

08/20/2019

Emma ).

Very well. They knew what to do and got right on it, Very professional. I was impressed with their level of knowledge.

Description of Work
Open clogged pipes

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your business!

06/26/2019

Fay B.

Daniel did a super job of taking care of my problem. I would definitely hire this company again. Thanks, Fay Ball Mars Hill, NC 28754

Description of Work
Stop up drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for sharing with other members. We appreciate your business.

06/02/2019

John C.

Tough job. Chuck got to me after a full day of hot work at other sites. Nevertheless he was very professional, clearly very experienced with this kind of problem. He put in several hours until dark, then returned the next day with a concrete saw and created new access into the tank. Great job.

Description of Work
Unblock the main pipe from house into septic tank.

Category septic tank

Great to hear we were able to resolve that issue for you. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business, we appreciate it.

05/11/2019

Kay W.

Two hours after I called Roto-Rooter Asheville, Daniel W. was at my house and within an hour he had fixed the problem, cleaned the aread and left no trace. He was professional, informative, efficient, thorough, polite and friendly. He is a superb representative of Roto-Rooter Asheville.

Description of Work
The main sewer line from my home was clogged.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience.

04/11/2019

Randall Y.

Technician did his job professionally. Found and repaired root bound drain section in 2 hours. Good job. Cost of materials about $20 to $25. 2 hours of labor another $555. $579 total. Labor cost very, very excessive. Technician was great. Labor cost charged by Roto Rooter to me was way over the top excessive. I won't use Roto Rooter again.

Description of Work
Root bound section of main drain found and repaired/ replaced

Category plumbing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is great to hear that we were able to camera inspect your sewer, identify the issue causing your sewer backup, and repair it in a timely and professional manner. I am sorry to hear you were not satisfied with the price of your service. We do send background checked and drug screened employees, in wrapped and stocked trucks, who are prepared to resolve the issue that day, within 24 hours of a customers first call. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

02/15/2019

Jake E.

Very well. Pipe is no longer leaking. Feedback and advice was given

Description of Work
Pex pipe fix

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your business.

02/04/2019

Janice N.

James quickly resolved both problems.

Description of Work
Plugged toilet and leaking sink

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Great to hear James was able to resolve that issue in a timely manner. We appreciate your business!

01/08/2019

Sharon A.

FANTASTIC! My drains backed up on Sunday afternoon and I needed emergency service. Within a couple of hours a service call was made to my home (Daniel W. was the designated on-call person who responded). Within two hours my sewer line was cleared and the problem was solved. The service was courteous and prompt and complete, Daniel was very efficient and helpful and a super nice person to deal with. I would definitely call them again in the event of a problem. Having emergency service on a weekend is a lifesaver!

Description of Work
Main sewer line clogged, needed immediate attention.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Thank you for sharing your experience with other Angie's List members. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

11/26/2018

Bobby W.

The serviceman came quickly even on a holiday weekend. He had to run a rooter down the line and in just a few minutes seemingly solve the problem. However, a few hours later the same issue appeared. we called the office again and he was there within a couple of hours. Upon further rod plunging down the same line he found a wad of paper previously missed...problem solved but got charged several hundred dollars both times. Where is the guarantee for work performed?

Description of Work
We had a toilet line stopped up.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Thank you for your business and for the feedback. We offer a warranty on all drain cleanings, excluding any abuse of the line (feminine hygiene products, toys, paper towels, wipes, etc.) I will have our service manager contact you to ensure the proper protocol was followed on your specific job. We appreciate the opportunity to make it right.

11/19/2018

Penny W.

Very good. They were quick to respond and the price for the service was not as high as we had expected.

Description of Work
clogged sewer drain

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business.

11/10/2018

Sybil T.

first visit didn't solve the problem; second visit apparently has - we'll see... they did knock off the labor charge for the second visit - only charged for replacement switch/part, which seemed fair. :), though we had to ask for that... They haven't sent us the promised email invoices/justification of charges for either visit...

Description of Work
indicator alarm on grinder pump had indicated a problem, when there actually was none other than that the alarm float switch apparently was faulty

Category plumbing

Thank you for choosing Roto-Rooter and allowing us the opportunity to earn your business. I apologize that we did not resolve that issue on our first visit. It is good to hear that you felt our make good was reasonable, and that we ultimately resolved the issue you were having.

10/21/2018

Amanda C.

When several other companies were not able to come out for days, Roto-Rooter was able to come the same day, diagnose the problem and give me an estimate for repairs. The technician was very respectful and courteous and communicated with me at all times. My daughter is a student at UNCW and we are several hours away. I felt comfortable allowing them in my home.

Description of Work
Check out water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you so much for the great review! It is great to hear we were able to ease your concerns and provide a plumbing estimate. All of our technicians are background checked and drug screened to ensure we are sending professionals into our customers home. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to being your plumber for life!

10/08/2018

matt S.

The 2 guys were great, couldn't ask for the 2 guys to be more professional. They came in and got the job done.

Description of Work
had drain line inside of plant unstopped

Category drain cleaning

Thank you for your business! It is great to hear we were able to get that drainage issue resolved in a professional manner.

08/04/2018

Wayne M.

Josh did a great job, polite young man, Explained work to be done. Company needs to supply Josh with equipment that performs at peek operation condition.

Description of Work
clean washing machine drain line

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

Thank you for choosing Roto-Rooter! We appreciate your business.

07/30/2018

d G.

Found drain line to tank clogged. Used snake camera to determine outlet to drain field open

Description of Work
evaluate septic drain field for stoppage

Category plumbing

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to write a review!

07/29/2018

Lee M.

We had an emergency situation & our regular plumber was swamped. He recommended Roto-Rooter. David R. promptly arrived. He was friendly and knowledgeable and solved our issue. I would highly recommend David and Roto-Rooter of Anderson, SC. They have gained a new customer.

Description of Work
Clear main drain pipe for all bathrooms in home

Category plumbing, septic tank, drain cleaning

Great to hear! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business.

Appliance Grandmasters

Appliance GrandMasters of Greenville is a Family Owned appliance repair company. Our factory trained service technicians are experts in the repair and maintenance of most major brands of appliances. From first contact to job completion, you can be assured of professional and affordable appliance service and repair. We offer fast, friendly and courteous service. We use only the best products and equipment and maintain a high skilled staff to answer any of your questions. We have built our reputation on our commitment to providing quality service, which has earned us many valuable customers.

Johnson Brothers Plumbing, LLC

Johnson Brothers Plumbing, LLC is a locally owned and operated residential plumbing service company. As a company we care about our brand, our employees and ultimately our customers and their homes. At Johnson Brothers Plumbing, LLC we believe in taking care of our community with honest, quality and responsive work. We pride ourselves with even the smallest details of quality work and promise that we will always go the extra mile in exceeding our customers expectations.

2022 Super Service Award

Upstate Septic Pro

At Upstate Septic Pro we pride our company on reliability, great communication, integrity, and quality work. We are experts in the septic installation and repair business and we strive for excellent work and customer service. We are fully licensed and stand by our customers satisfaction. We look forward to earning your business! Call Today!

M108956,
    Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation
    10/31/2017
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Residential and commercial plumbing and drain cleaning including sewers, faucets, sinks, toilets, showers, tubs, waterlines, pipework, water heaters, septic tanks & video camera line inspection.