Pro Heating & Cooling Inc

South Carolina
South Carolina: General

2106 State Park Rd

Greenville, SC 29609

I have been in the HVAC business for 38 years serving the Greenville area....

HVAC Companies (44)

12/07/2021

SANDRA S.

Cody was they guy that did the service. He is very good, very professional, on time, and he did an excellent job.

Description of Work
General repair of an AC unit.

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

12/10/2020

SANDRA S.

They fixed the problem and it went great.

Description of Work
They service my furnace, heating and AC.

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

06/25/2020

Michael R.

Excellent. Steve was super responsive. A+ Communication and service.

Description of Work
HVAC Repair

Work Completed On 06/25/2020

12/19/2019

SANDRA S.

Excellent. I worked with Cody, he called and explained what what was going on. He works very well with me. Shows up when he said he will. Everything is working fine.

Description of Work
Serviced my heating and air conditioning system

Work Completed On 12/05/2019

05/30/2018

Emily V.

Cody was great. He called to schedule a time the same day and early. No wait! He checked everything and identified the problem with a switch, and quickly fixed it. He was thorough and re checked the whole system. He was friendly and professional. This is the second time we've used Pro Heating and Cooling, and I've been really happy with their service from start to finish. I definitely feel confident in their work. After years of contractor shopping, I know I'll be calling them back!

Description of Work
AC furnace would not turn off.

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

05/29/2018

TJ F.

Steve and Lee were great to work with. Super knowledgeable and took great care in their work. I got two quotes and theirs came in the lowest. Have already recommended them to friends looking for HVAC work. If you are looking for work that is done right and at a fair price, this is it.

Description of Work
New HVAC unit and duct work

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

05/18/2018

Jenny S.

After a nightmare trying to get 2-10 Home Warranty to get their "qualified" contractor out with a week of mid 80's temps, I gave up and called Pro Heating & Cooling. This is the busiest time of the year, yet Cody called me back ASAP, and showed up the next morning early! He even called to tell me his ETA. A quick assessment and 4 lbs of freon later, we are cooling again. Great, professional services, and we will continue to utilize them in the future. ***I've also left reviews on AL for Rapps Heating and Air, as well as 2-10 Home Warranty as if you hear either of those two names, expect a hassle/scam and run the other way.

Description of Work
Freon added to AC unit

Work Completed On 05/18/2018

02/20/2018

Patricia & Wiley C.

Everything went well. Service Tech was great. Repaired it quickly.

Description of Work
Air conditioning didnt work. Unit would not turn on

Work Completed On 02/20/2018

02/15/2018

Emily V.

He was a little early, which was good, because we had no heat. We thought it might be the fuse, He checked, and it did need to be replaced. The heat still didn't work. A thermostat we installed was the same as the previous model (installed by another company). He took a long time to explain to us that the model we had wasn't the right one for our system and why. He is the first contractor to explain how our system is different. He replaced the thermostat with a different model. The price for the service call with the Angie's list discount was good. We could have purchased a new thermostat for less, but he told us that, and we went ahead since he was here, honest, and so informative. I will definitely call them again.

Description of Work
My new thermostat wasn't working, and I needed diagnostics and possible repair.

Work Completed On 02/15/2018

01/25/2018

Heather H.

The technician was very knowledgeable and fast. He fully insulated the primary condensate drain line in the attic. Repaired end termination of primary condensate drain pipe at rear foundation wall. Replace media filter on return duct. He actually alerted me to the fact that the downstairs unit had two filters. One inside and one under the house. This restricts the air flow. Removing one would create better air flow.

Description of Work
Fixes indicated on an inspection report

Work Completed On 01/24/2018

09/30/2017

RICHARD B.

It was covered under warranty. They actually installed our HVAC and it just wasn't cooling and it was a real simple thing that he was able to fix me up with. I have know them and used them for a long time. They are always prompt. They are very professional in what they do. They pick up after themselves. Very helpful in the information that he provides and making sure that any issues we are dealing with, he takes care of.

Description of Work
They installed our system and we had to have them come out because our cooling wasn't coming on.

Work Completed On 08/15/2017

09/22/2017

Michael C.

Excellent responsiveness and quickly was able to identify the problem and advise that replacement was my best option given the age/efficiency of the current system, coolant type, and possible cost of repairs.

Description of Work
Evaluate air conditioning failure to determine appropriate action (ie. repair or replace).

Work Completed On 09/22/2017

09/15/2017

Susan S.

The technician arrived slightly ahead of the scheduled time, which I greatly appreciated. He performed a check of the HVAC system, and was able to diagnose the problem and offered me several potential solutions. He gave me an honest assessment without trying to sell me a product. I appreciated the time he took to make sure I understood the situation. I will definitely call this company again in the future.

Description of Work
Inspection and maintenance of existing HVAC system

Work Completed On 09/06/2017

06/02/2017

Randy H.

Went great. I have nothing derogatory to say.

Description of Work
They replace my old electric furnace with a heat pump.

Work Completed On 04/01/2016

03/14/2017

Ken France F.

Bad contact, fixed and heat came on.

Description of Work
Troubleshoot heat not coming on.

Work Completed On 03/14/2017

03/14/2017

Ken France F.

Technician called me back within 30 minutes of my voice message, and came out right away. Unit was fixed within 1 hour of my original call. No parts were required (an electrical connection was bad, causing a switch to malfunction), so unit was put back in service right away. This is my first experience with Pro Heating and Cooling, and I will definitely be calling them first for any future HVAC needs.

Description of Work
Gas heater stopped blowing hot air. Called Pro Heating and Cooling to troubleshoot the problem.

Work Completed On 03/14/2017

07/08/2016

Anna C.

I have used this company for years so has everyone else in my family. They installed new units in my sister and mothers house. They even went behind a neighbors person and found they missed seriously dangerous issues. They have kept my very old Trane unit going. I trust them completely and that's saying a lot!

Description of Work
Checked unit and added freon

Work Completed On 07/06/2016

12/30/2014

Gary M.

They are a smaller company but very good in price and quality.

Description of Work
Complete new furnace and AC unit.

Work Completed On 12/19/2014

08/18/2014

Joe D.

I was very satisfied with this company - so satisfied that I already wrote a review. Why do you keep on bugging me to write a second review for the same company?

Description of Work
Work

Work Completed On 01/01/2001

05/18/2014

Don I.

Responded to my request for service in a very timely manner. Arrived on site at the time stated. Checked both units and identified the problem, called supplier for necessary part, retrieved the part and completed the repair all in less than 24 hours after my original call, late the previous day. I was impressed with the timely, professional service.

Description of Work
CHECKED BOTH A/C UNITS FOR PROPER OPERATION. REPLACED INOPERABLE EXTERIOR FAN MOTOR IN LARGE UNIT SERVING PRIMARY ZONE IN HOUSE.

Work Completed On 05/16/2014

01/21/2014

Phillip P.

Once again, Angie's List has proven to be an absolutely indispensable resource. We found Pro Heating and Cooling on here, and after speaking with Steve, it was clear he was very well trained in this field and knew exactly what he was talking about. (I had already spoken to several other companies and was left with an uncomfortable feeling.) I told Steve I was interested in having them come out and install two wifi thermostats I had already purchased. The technician, Cody, showed up exactly on time (pretty rare these days!) and was extremely polite. He did a superb job on both thermostats. The old ones were removed and the new ones were carefully and neatly installed. Cody walked through the setup with me and explained a couple of features I wasn't sure about. If only all service calls went this smoothly! I know it's like a minefield out there for homeowners like me trying to find reliable, honest, affordable service technicians, so I hope I can help others out by saying that I wholeheartedly recommend Pro Heating and Cooling! We will definitely use them again for any A/C related needs that arise. Thanks for the outstanding service, guys!

Description of Work
Installed 2 new Wifi thermostats

Work Completed On 01/21/2014

11/12/2013

Colburn W.

They were extremely knowledgeable and discussed my heating and cooling needs in the simplest terms possible. On the date of the installation they showed up on time and had the new system in place before I got home from work. While I was away at work they took great care around the house and did not leave a mess behind. Their pricing was very competitive and the quality of the equipment top notch.

Description of Work
Installed new heat pump system to replace damaged equipment in a recently purchased home.

Work Completed On 11/06/2013

09/30/2013

Elizabeth C.

Great, very prompt at returning calls and setting up appointment asap. My 3rd time using this contractor, and wouldn't consider using anyone else. Seem very fair in pricing, have experienced staff, (love Cody), and they're very neat about their work.

Description of Work
Checked out AC compressor, low on refrigerant and it was added as neaded.