PRECISION CARPENTRY & PLUMBING LLC

Founded 1982 • With Angi since January 2009

We are a Licensed General Contractor, Licensed Mechanical Contractor, Licensed Master Plumber, and use Licensed Electricians. Owner operated since 1982 and in the Greenville, SC area since 1996. We specialize in kitchens, bathrooms, additions and repairs. Let us help you to bring your dreams to

TRENOR POOLHOUSEBERLIN KITCHENA Service Provider's profile image

Pergola

awnings

2020
14' x 36' Pergola built on outside in back patio area
View project

plumbers (113)home remodeling (96)woodworking (84)drywall (59)electrician (55)door installation (43)tile installation (41)interior painting (40)general contractors (35)flooring (28)decks & porches (28)window replacement (27)

12/06/2022

Sara H.

Charlie and his team are easy to work with and have the skill set, knowledge, and experience needed when remodeling an old house. We used Charlie and his team to open up some load bearing walls in our 1950s house and they did a great job. They were always very professional and cleaned up behind themselves during the process. We have additional work lined up including hardwood flooring, cabinetry, and plumbing. We are confident that we will be pleased with those projects as well.

Description of Work
Beam installation and wall removal.

Category remodeling

08/19/2021

Brennan S.

Great experience with Mike. Extremely friendly and pleasant to come out. Had my problem fixed quickly and effectively.

Description of Work
Shower drain was clogged

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/19/2021

07/22/2021

Susan S.

Charlie and his guys were wonderful. They opened up our first floor layout by removing 4 walls, moving a powder room, moving a laundry room, jacking up a sinking floor, adding additional piers for support, framing, and drywalling. We couldn't be happier with how everything turned out and would definitely use Precision again in the future!

Description of Work
Opened up first floor, moved bathroom, fixed structural issues

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, structural engineer, home remodeling

Work Completed On 12/01/2020

06/29/2021

Dave D.

Charlie met with us several times to go over what we wanted done, which included a installing a luxury vinyl floor, a new toilet, a new custom cabinet and mirror, a fan and recessed lighting, a new window, and removing the old tub and prepping the space for a cultured marble shower (with bench) and glass doors. Charlie and his team were a pleasure to work with, and the work went smoothly. We also asked Precision Carpentry and Plumbing to update or pipes beneath the house. Charlie anticipated potential issues (such as bracing the floor or replacing rotten beams) and so there were no surprises regarding the final fees. Charlie kept us in the loop every step of the way, and worked hard to minimize the inconvenience of being without a shower while the work was completed. There were a lot of components to this remodel, and suppliers did not always cooperate, but Charlie and his team kept us informed as the work went on. Precision Carpentry & Plumbing impressed by their quality, the attention to detail, and the attention to customer satisfaction. We are also delighted by the results! We'd happily use PC&P again for future projects.

Description of Work
Charlie and his team remodeled our bathroom, which included replacing a tub/shower unit with a walk-in shower.

Work Completed On 06/29/2021

06/15/2021

John C.

I had Precision build a 14 x24 addition on the back of of my house. The quality of the work was top notch and I would especially like to thank Kevin and Ricky for the attention to detail. I plan on using this company again for additional work and I have recommended them to friends. As far as pricing is concerned I won't say they were a bargain but they certainly were not the highest of the estimates I received. Furthermore, they provided a detailed estimate with itemized costs and they worked with me while I deleted some smaller items that I decided I would rather do myself (sweat equity-primarily painting). Finally, the work was completed in a timely fashion - no complaints about them disappearing for a week at a time. It may not seem important but when you have people working at your house for an extended period of time you want and enjoyable atmosphere, admittedly they are what my son would call "paid friends" but I enjoyed having these guys around, all of them were polite and friendly. Thanks! Updated 5/15/2021- Precision has now completed three contracts for me; the aforementioned addition, removing a wall between the living room and dining area and a small bathroom remodeling project. I continue to highly recommend this company and thanks again to the gentlemen (especially Ricky and Kevin again) who performed high quality work. In addition I would like to thank and recommend the owner's brother, Mike Dieterich, who did the plumbing work. I will point out that, like all contractors in the Greenville area, this company appears to be very busy so if the start and finish time is crucial to you I would advise you to clarify and specify that up front. I will say that Precision is pretty good about completing a job in a timely fashion once they start (they don't leave you hanging with a mess in your house which to me is the more crucial part of the timeline). Precision will and did subcontract out certain parts of any given job (in my case that would be the metal roof, electrical and floor tile) and I have been extremely happy with the subcontractors they selected. Thanks again.

Description of Work
Three jobs. Room addition, interior wall removal, small bathroom remodel.

Category ceramic tile, concrete repair, electrician, flooring contractor, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, structural engineer, home remodeling, sunrooms

Work Completed On 05/14/2021

06/13/2021

Jim M.

Precision’s crew did an outstanding job of repairing our drywall and flooring. They went beyond the scope of the project to ensure that an awesome customer experience along with great quality of craftsmanship was achieved. Great work!!

Description of Work
Drywall and flooring

Category drywall, hardwood floor, siding, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/13/2021

02/14/2021

Dan P.

Charlie and his crew did a great job helping me finish a project that had been left incomplete for ~20 years. The work included a bathroom buildout, custom cabinetry, Sheetrock, paint, electrical and HVAC. All together, the project had few hiccups considering the length of time between construction. Great, trustworthy team to work with.

Description of Work
Finish above garage apartment

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/14/2021

01/01/2021

Phyllis T.

We were very pleased with the work from start to finish.Charlie and his team of carpenters, painters etc. answered all our questions and kept us appraised all during the process. It is really great to have someone like Charlie that you know you can trust. I highly recommend them and will definitely call on them again.

Description of Work
repairs to cedar siding, facia boards, windows, exterior painting

Category contractors, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/25/2020

Karol R.

Precision did an excellent job of transforming our home. The craftsmanship and quality of the flooring, carpentry, plumbing, painting, and finishing was superb. They had to work around some tight areas and our home looks like an original design and not a remodel. The team communicated well with me and worked around some of our scheduling needs with the ongoing virtual school and working from home. The whole Precision team were easy to talk with about the status of the project, design and worked with us through changes very professionally. They were upfront about all the costs and kept me informed along the way. It was a great pleasure to work with the whole team. We will not hesitate to contact Charlie and team in the future when we need improvements.

Description of Work
Remodel Dining Room, Kitchen Pantry, Hardwood Floors

Category remodeling, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/09/2020

09/01/2020

Susan D.

It went great! Kevin made sure that the railings would be very sturdy (extra supports underneath, setting the end posts in concrete). He took great care to make sure all was level, to code, and professional looking.

Description of Work
Replace wooden porch columns and railings with white composite parts.

Category decks, architect

Work Completed On 08/24/2020

Review for PRECISION CARPENTRY & PLUMBING LLC - 28 SCARLETT STREET, Greenville, SC - 38843757

09/01/2020

Ryan W.

They worked with me on scope to meet my budget and were very responsive and did great work. Using them again.

Description of Work
Wall removal, wall construction, floor/ductwork relocation, and crown molding replacement

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, architect, doors

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

08/10/2020

Richard B.

Excellent craftsmen. This was an emergency and they worked to complete the job quickly even with a large work backlog. Good people.

Description of Work
Widen bathroom door.

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

08/08/2020

RICHARD B.

Excellent. The work and the workers were outstanding. Because we are recovering from an indoor flooding issue, they worked us into their already busy schedule. A+

Description of Work
Widen bathroom door

Category architect

Work Completed On 08/07/2020

07/21/2020

Susan D.

Charlie Dieterich and all his crew were a pleasure to work with. Everyone was polite and professional. No matter what needed to be done, Charlie had someone who could do it. His crew went the extra mile to make sure my bathroom came out the way I wanted it to. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on their work, and I hope to have them back to do more work soon.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel - demolition, framing, drywall, plumbing (sink, toilet, and oversized tub), electrical, new door, trim work, and painting.

Category drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/13/2018

07/20/2020

Carri L.

Precision was the absolute BEST!! They treated me just like family! I had a nightmare and Kevin and his team came and took all the stress out of the situation. They were extremely professional, described each step as they went, I am super happy with the results!! I will be calling them for any job I have big or small in the future! Awesome is and understatement lol! Love these guys!! I highly recommend them to everyone!!

Description of Work
I needed water damage around my patio door and window replaced.

Category drywall, picture framing, siding, water damage restoration, architect, doors

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Review for PRECISION CARPENTRY & PLUMBING LLC - 28 SCARLETT STREET, Greenville, SC - 38731659

06/29/2020

Molly H.

We are about to list our house so we had a few projects we needed done quickly. Charlie and his team were responsive and incredibly quick! They came and gave estimates and were able to do the work in a short time period. As a first time homeowner I had a lot of questions and they answered them all and made us feel confident the repairs we were doing were right! They were flexible and worked within our constraints to get everything done and it looks awesome!! Their quotes were fair and much better priced than others we received. We would definitely use the Precision team again. I cannot day enough good things!

Description of Work
Moving a water heater & installing new baseboards

Category flooring contractor, water heater repair, woodworking, interior painters, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 06/29/2020

06/08/2020

julia B.

Charlie was very responsive while his crews were here. It's a small company, so the workers coming each day are familiar from previous days. All workers are very friendly and maintain reliable 8-3:30 schedule. All Charlie's workers cleaned up nicely at the end of each day and asked permission when tools needed leaving for the sake of convenience. I'm very glad to have Charlie on speed dial!

Description of Work
general remodeling: added shower to 1/2 bath, took 2 old bathrooms to studs and re-tiled, moulded. New doors and hardware changed thru entire house, wall removed to open space (load bearing and plaster). Added French door opening to large new deck.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, architect, home remodeling, doors

Work Completed On 06/08/2020

06/06/2020

Kenneth C.

We contracted with Precision Carpentry & Plumbing for two remodeling tasks. First, they added a tile back backsplash over our granite kitchen counters. The work was done quickly and very professionally. We are delighted. They also helped with remodeling of our master bath. The vanity top was replaced with a new granite one and they remodeled our shower so that it was tiled and had a glass door. The tile work also included adding two niches in the shower wall. The work commenced shortly before the onset of the Coronavirus situation, but we were able to continue even after everything was closed. We were able to practice social distancing and were very comfortable. All of the crew were very competent, easy to work with, did excellent work, and were respectful of our premises. I would hire them for other work and recommend them.

Description of Work
Tile Backsplash in Kitchen and remodeling of master Bath Room

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

06/04/2020

Teresa S.

Charlie and Company could not have pleased us more. From demolition to finish, everything went off without a hitch. Charlie is very accessible. He will either answer the phone or will call you back right away. His employees are very knowledgeable. Believe me, I asked a lot of questions. If you are on lockdown and have to have strangers in your home, these are the people you want. They work as a team, and each tradesman knew how to work to prepare for the next phase. I was anxious about starting a project and never knowing when the contractor would show up. I did not have to worry with Precision. I am so happy with them, that I contracted with them to build a new screened in porch for me. It is going beautifully and it is exceeding my expectations! I will post pictures when it is finished.

Description of Work
Total gut and rebuild bathroom.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, countertops, decks, drywall, electrician, picture framing, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, architect, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/04/2020

Review for PRECISION CARPENTRY & PLUMBING LLC - 28 SCARLETT STREET, Greenville, SC - 38618392

05/31/2020

Stacy S.

Mike Dieterich did a great job, was very personable, and communicated well before and during the job. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Replumb outdoor spigots to well water and city water.

Category plumbing, architect

Work Completed On 05/31/2020

05/29/2020

Alan H.

No call back as promised after a week

Description of Work
Window repairs and estimate on screen porch

Category contractors, architect

Work Completed On 05/29/2020

This is not true. I never talked to this person

05/13/2020

Benjamin T.

My first experience with these guys was awesome! The quality of the job was great and they got it done in no time! I have a few more things I'll need done in the future and they will be the first ones I call! Definitely earned my business. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Support columns replaced on home.

Category architect