Gilstrap Roofing

Founded 1935 • With Angi since June 2006

1512 Easley Bridge Rd.

Greenville, SC 29611

Gilstrap Roofing, Inc. has been serving Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Laurens, and the rest of Upstate South Carolina for over 75 years; longer than any other roofing contractor accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Our company has spanned across four generations of the Gilstrap family, and we still hold the same values today as we did back when our company was founded in 1935. No individual or company is perfect, but we have always done our best to keep our customers happy and fix any problems that may arise as quickly as possible. Our dedication to complete customer satisfaction is the reason why a large portion of our business comes from previous customers or referrals. Our experienced team provides a range of repair and replacement services for residential, commercial, and industrial customers. We are skilled in shingle roofs, metal roofs, and flat roofs and can handle any size project. If you are looking for a full-service roofing contractor that has extensive experience and who is fully licensed, bonded, and insured, look no further than Gilstrap Roofing. Your satisfaction is our ultimate goal....

12/24/2021

Craig S.

Found one leak immediately after work was done and they did a good job responding and fixing the leak. However, they left a hole in the roof elsewhere where flashing was not installed correctly. This should have been found by their inspection after the work was done. That hole resulted in water coming down through a wall which caused significant damage to our main level wood floor and basement ceiling tiles. This water damage was not discovered until 6 years after installation—a year after the workmanship warranty had expired. I called them to fix it and they sent someone out promptly but their estimate to repair was too high. I called them back and asked if they could lower their quote considering the very poor workmanship and resulting damage to our house. They never called me back. I got someone else to do it and saved 30%.

Description of Work
Re-roof entire house

11/24/2018

Paul S.

A tube of caulk and $250 later ---they said their base price for coming out was $250!!!

Description of Work
A leak at a joint on roof

08/24/2018

Phil S.

Employee reviewed work. Never heard from him again.

Description of Work
Needed roof repair

10/29/2017

John V.

Not well. Called the contact number on 10/23/17 in the AM and it was an answering service not the owner or office. Explained the problem to the person who advised me the message would be forwarded to the office and someone would call me back.Did not receive a call back. Called again on 10/24/17 in the AM spoke to a different person from the answering service and explained the problem all over again. No call back at all. I picked the contractor because of Angie's list and the high rating they have. Not impressed at all. Would not attempt to hire them in the future. Bad service. Used someone else for the job.

Description of Work
Had two leaks in the roof around vent pipes. One leak was bad enough to show and wet the sheet rock ceiling of one of our bathrooms starting to cause damage.

Dear homeowner, We looked in our records and we did attempt to reach you on 10 23, the same day that you had called in originally. We attempted to reach you again after second call in, but we were unable to leave a voicemail. If you would like, I can provide you with documentation of this if you e-mail me at brian at gilstraproofing.com. Thanks, Brian Gilstrap

08/30/2017

James I.

Not well at all. They only want to do whole roof repairs. I feel this is their right but they should explain that in the initial contact instead of a week later. I see this as very unprofessional. I do not think I would want that kind of company working on my roof anyway.

Description of Work
I have a small area about 3 sq. ft. that needs to be repaired. After calling the first time I never got a response. After a month I called again, and a week later one of their employees called to come out and give me an estimate on the repair, i had talk with the office worker about. On the phone he stated they do not have the man power to come out and do a small job like mine. I am very disappointed about this and wish the office worker had told me they only do big jobs and can not take the time to do a small job.

08/08/2017

Dorothy S.

Gilstrap Roofing was excellent from beginning to end. The inspection was scheduled within a few days of my initial inquiry. Chase London arrived promptly, evaluated the roof, and provided a complete written estimate. I contacted two other companies. One company's estimate was very high. The other company's estimate was comparable, but it came with a 2-year guarantee on workmanship whereas Gillstrap offered a 5-year guarantee. The workmen arrived early in the morning and worked diligently until evening. The work was completed in two days. The property was swept clean of all debris and nails. All in all, an excellent experience.

Description of Work
I needed to replace the roof on my house.

08/07/2017

Charles P.

We had two leaks. One still leaks, will have to get them back

Description of Work
leak in roof over attached porch

04/26/2017

Donna T.

Excellent service from start to finish. They handled everything. All the paperwork and the roofers were considerate and courteous. Reasonably priced. I have recommended them to several friends and family.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing and repaired and replaced gutter from hail damage

04/13/2017

Chuck T.

The roofing company came out the same day I called. he found the problem and corrected it.

Description of Work
I had a leak in my roof that caused water to run down my ceiling and into my family room during heavy storms.

02/20/2017

Jennifer L.

Brilliantly. The team was friendly and professional from the first call to book an appointment through the work provided.

Description of Work
Small leak in the roof caused by worn out caulking at vent pipes. They also cleaned up the dead valley part of the roof so it wouldn't cause leaks in the future.

Cantey Foundation Specialists

Cantey Foundation Specialists is a trusted foundation repair company providing residential foundation repair, crawl space repair, wood rot replacement, and concrete slab leveling throughout South Carolina and Augusta, Georgia area. Our focus is to provide homeowners with permanent, affordable solutions for their damaged foundation. As a locally owned and operated company, we give our clients the personalized service they deserve when it comes to maintaining a secure foundation and a safe home.

Davis Contracting

Davis Contracting is a licensed and insured professional roofing company in Greenville SC that has served Spartanburg, Anderson, Greer, and the surrounding areas for over 15 years. From windows to siding to roofing, we offer professional building envelope services for residential and commercial applications. We want to help you with any roof repair services you may need by offering a FREE Home Inspection. 5% off for all Angie's List members.

Offers by Davis Contracting on Angi
    Quantum Roofing Company

Call today for Roofing services.

Check, Financing Available, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover
    $75

We provide shingle roofing, metal roofing, low slope roofing, roof coatings, roof repairs, vinyl siding, gutter replacement, gutter covers, and window replacement for residential, commercial, and industrial applications. Estimates for replacements and storm damage inspections are free, roof repairs and general inspections are subject to minimum trip or service charges. Five year workmanship warranty on all roof replacements. No warranty available on repairs/maintenance.