Elite Custom Fencing/Deck and More LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since March 2012

150 Honeysuckle Dr.

Greenville, SC 29609

Elite Custom is a full service design / build contractor specializing in decks, screen porches, fences, and gazebos. Through the whole process, from setting up your first design consultation to the completion of your project, we strive to provide you with the highest level of professionalism,

04/19/2017

Ted D.

We made our deposit in February (half down) for our fence. Weeks later, we began to call as to when our installation date would be. We received excuse after excuse and delay after delay. Once the installation began, the work itself was acceptable. However, to this day, it is NOT Complete. We installed an aluminum fence that has caps on the fence posts. They are still missing. Again, we have received false timeliness and excuses concerning the delivery of these caps. This was to be the First job of two for this company, the 2nd being Several times larger. Because of his poor communication, dishonesty, and unprofessional response time, Foster Davis will Not be offered the 2nd contract and I would NEVER recommend this company.

Description of Work
We hired company to install fence for the back yard of our new home. This was one job of two that we needed done.

05/07/2016

Kenneth C.

The Good: The final result is well constructed and attractive. The gates are very sturdy, with quality hardware. The contractor did an excellent job of cleanup and left the site in good condition. I am pleased with the final result. The Not So Good: The overall job took an extraordinarily long time. I contracted with the company in March, 2015. There was a short delay to obtain approval from our Home Owners Association and the first portion of the work (removal of the old fence and installation of the new fence) was completed in June, 2015 - longer than I would have liked, but acceptable. The second portion of the job (staining the new fence) was expected to begin approximately 90 days later to allow for the wood to dry and be suitable for staining. There was a contractually stipulated completion date of no later than 11/20/2015. It appears that the contractor waited until very late in the contract period to schedule the work and then rainy and cold weather made it difficult to complete on time. The staining was not actually done until April, 2016! That is more than a year after we first contracted for the work. Removal of the old fence was problematic. The contractor appears to prefer to cut old fence posts slightly below ground level rather than removing them. I do not recall any warning that this would be done. Our old fence included brick pillars, so the contractor was forced to physically remove nearly all of our old fence posts. He removed a few of them by pulling them up with a line attached to the back of his truck. He did not have equipment sufficiently strong to do this and actually snapped the line once (a potentially dangerous situation). The remaining posts were removed by using an auger to dig around the base of the post and then manually pulling/lifting them out. Lawn Irrigation Lines were cut in a number of places. This was a potential situation which the contract specifically stated that the contractor was not liable. Never-the-less, it was irritating and increased the overall cost of the project by several hundred dollars. Scheduling when work would be performed was very challenging. I could not get any firm date for the start of work, and the contractor would just give me a call a short time before starting. That made it very difficult to coordinate with a neighbor who had a pet that needed to be confined while the fence between our properties was down. The cost for the Staining increased substantially. The contractor began the staining job by power washing the fence to remove dirt and debris. At this point he realized that he had significantly underestimated his cost for doing the work, and asked to increase his price. He also volunteered to terminate the contract for the staining at no cost to me. We worked out an acceptable price increase, but the cost for this portion of the project more than doubled.

Description of Work
The contractor removed our old fence, installed approximately 150 linear feet of custom fencing with two gates and stained the fence. The work was performed under two separate contracts since it was necessary to allow the wood to dry before being stained: Remove old fence and install new one Stain the new fence.

06/25/2015

Steve D.

Category deck cleaning

05/07/2015

darwin G.

Description of Work
This Company should be avoided (Foster Davies). Put fence in wrong place. Told me he found and used the rebar markers to lay out the position of the fence. Turns out the rebar markers were 10 foot away from where he laid the fence, resulting in fence being on neighbors property. Would not come to property to discuss. Instead a barrage of childish excuses as to why he stood me up SIX times! |I had to hire another contractor to move the fence which cost me circa $3000!

Category fencing, deck cleaning

When a customer gives approval upon install of a fence it is not in the installers issue anymore. It is 100% the customer's responsibility to have lot surveyed and property pins marked. I went off a pin that [Removed Member Name] also approved. When given the option and price to move the fence [Removed Member Name] felt as I should move at no cost as if the placement of the fence were to be my fault. Your job was a very custom wood fence and we went over and beyond to have it done the way you liked it. I did not avoid you to come out and look at the job to be done, I told you it was out of my hands and it would be a new contract. THIS IS WHY ALL FENCE BUILDERS STRONGLY ENCOURAGE HOMEOWNERS TO HAVE THEY'RE PROPERTY MARKED BEFORE INSTALL. Im sorry that was the only mishaps on the entire 400ft job since you were more than satisfied and more than happy to pay the end balance. Sorry your experience was bad but we are continuously putting up quality work in SC, NC, and GA and reviews like the one you posted only come from mad and upset customers that cannot see the logistics when they find out they were wrong about they're property lines. Thanks for the opportunity to do the job for you. There are 100+ positive customer references any prospect could call before pursuing a job with us. Don't let 1 negative review turn you away.

04/29/2015

Cheryl S.

I'm satisfied with their work.

Description of Work
They installed my new fence.

01/03/2015

Jason S.

The final product was GREAT. I absolutely love the fence. Foster is a true craftsman. The gates are super sturdy, and really nice looking. I'm really proud of the way it turned out. Foster showed up after hours to make his initial measurements, and gave me a price on the spot. It was my first quote, so it took a week to get back to him with an affirmative. I paid him a little less than half on the front end for materials. By that time it was into the Holliday season, so we were slowed down by thanksgiving and a couple of days of bad weather. I take some of the responsibility for that. That's why I gave him a "B" for responsiveness. On the day they set the posts they cut my catv line, my sprinkler line, and the underground drain for my gutter. He wanted me to take responsibility for the damage. Luckily my sprinkler guy was on site, working on something else, and volunteered to fix it for me. Otherwise, I'm not sure how it would have turned out. That is why I gave them a "C" for professionalism. Otherwise I would have given them an "A" for overall. I would absolutely recommend Elite Custom fence to my mother or yours.

Description of Work
Elite custom fence put in 110 linear feet of wooden fence in my back yard. They Also installed two 4 foot gates.

Category deck cleaning

We Are The Light

We Are The Light is the Carolinas trusted outdoor lighting company. Illuminating your home or office with outdoor LED lighting is one of the best ways to both enhance and secure your home or business. Each home and office is unique and so should the approach to enhance your property. With our no cost evaluation we will do a comprehensive review of your property while considering many aspects from hardscape and softscape lighting, architectural accents and of course security. Combined with state of the art low voltage LED fixtures and the depth of our lighting design team, we will elevate your property to a new place that will cause your property to come to life each and every evening.

Sam Construction

Lopez Painting

Painting Services: Commercial/Residential, Interior & Exterior, Pressure Washing, Housecleaning

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa, PayPal