DAVID'S HANDY WORK

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2008

4.3

100 COLEMAN CT

Greenville, SC 29609

2 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS ON MAJOR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. TRAVEL CHARGES MAY APPLY. NO SERVICE FEES.

09/11/2017

Robin H.

Great! Repair went smoothly and at estimated price quoted.

Description of Work
Some repair work around the garage door making it secure and water tight

06/24/2017

Lana W.

David came out to assess the job and give a price quote. Some of the items were fixed on the spot during the price quote and the remaining items were repaired the next day. His did great work, which passed inspection. He was quick and responsive. I called him on a Tuesday. He came out on a Thursday, and the job was complete by Friday. I highly recommend, and will certainly use him on future jobs.

Description of Work
I had a list of items that needed to be repaired in order for me to sell my home. The items included roof repair, minor plumbing, door repair, and minor electrical.

03/20/2017

Fran P.

BUYER BEWARE!!!! This was the absolute worst experience for me. I bought a older structured home that needed a little TLC. I hired this company to renovate my basement and complete some touch up work in two bathrooms. I had a few other companies lined up to get estimates, but cancelled those appointments after getting what I thought to be a reasonable project estimate of $14,400 from David. During our conversation, David assured me that he was a very reasonable and trustworthy man who "gets the job done." Of course, I took his word for it because that's all I wanted was honest and good work. David wanted me to pay a third up front which would include the cost of materials and labor. However, I offered to buy my own materials and that total would be deducted from the project cost. Things went smoothly, until David continuously asked for payment each week or what seemed like every 3-4 days. Within two weeks, I spent over $5,000 on materials and paid him a total of $8,000 in checks for labor, with one week being a total of $6,000 paid for labor. The next week, David asked me for another payment. I informed him that according to my records, my balance was a little over $250. I asked him to review the numbers with me to make sure we were on the same page. WOW....I went to my house to meet up with him to discuss the numbers and he told me that my balance was $4,236.36. OMG, I asked why?? He then stated, even though they tore out the ceiling, installing insulation was not included in the project cost. He also said the doors that I chose were not included in his project cost. I asked what he budgeted for doors, he said $75 per door and I'd have to pay the difference of a $200 door out of pocket. David said nothing about door budgets when I selected the doors in the store. He told me that I would also need to provide light fixtures out of pocket, which are also not included in the project costs, not even inexpensive ones. Needless to say, I was very unhappy and felt manipulated. After reviewing David's numbers, I realized that he included insulation and trim/moulding as "extras" and not a part of the project!!!!!! Who does this??? So, I questioned this. David went on with a long and drawn out explanation of how he had to add on to the agreed upon price of $14,400 and now charge $16,498.94 due to the "extras", of which I paid for the materials anyway. The job was left unfinished and he now harasses me via text messages and telephone calls to place a lien on my house or meet him to pay money. Not to mention, David brought in a friend of his to do tile work in the bathrooms. The tile guy told me that David paid him cash and I could just reimburse David. So, I asked David what the total was and he said $1,564. I asked the tile guy what the total was and he said $1,189. Ok... the tile guy told David I asked him the total and David immediately starts to text me with threats and said I "went behind his back", so for that he's "working up a bill for additional work he did in the house." To date, I've paid this guy $9,371 cash/check and purchased my own materials well over $8,000! This guy has the audacity to harass me about more money? BUYER BEWARE!! Just save yourself the headache and hire a real contractor who stands behind their work and actually completes the job to your satisfaction. Also, there's no contract, no receipts from payments made to him, but I'm supposed to just keep handing over money and pay in full for an incomplete job. No way! I've hired another company to finish the job and conducts business the way it should be.

Description of Work
Renovate basement, remove ceiling, Sheetrock basement walls/ceiling, install laminate floor, drywall repair, remove bathroom floor tile, trim/mounding work

Category ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, remodeling, interior painters

This matter is under litigation due to the inconsistencies in how this job is being presented by the home owner.

12/05/2016

arnold L.

some ok, some not so ok, some not completed. I don't think that the results were worth the cost. To be fair, I did not call him back to request that he come back to try again to finish all of the work, and finish it properly. I don't need any more aggravation.

Description of Work
many various small handyman type jobs.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, interior painters

04/26/2016

Eric S.

I am really pleased with the work. it took a while to get on David's schedule but the end result is great.

Description of Work
installed a complete bathroom. new dry wall , tub, vanities and flooring..

02/29/2016

Tom P.

Fine. The work went well . Professional and timely.

Description of Work
Sparkle, paint removed and replaced an outside faucet.

Category handyman service, plumbing, house painters

10/06/2015

William J.

They did everything they said they would. They basically finished a project I started and needed help with.

Description of Work
David and his crew put a metal roof on a building I had built for my daughter

Category handyman service, roofing

08/31/2015

Joy S.

The provider never showed up!

Description of Work
Nothing

03/12/2015

mark T.

Was told it would take 45 minutes to complete the job just to sell us hot air they were done in 15 minutes and you can tell because of the poor quality of work. Now it's leaking water into my crawl space. We called the guy on multiple attempts to try to get him to correct the problem. Giving him the benefit of doubt, he finally responds to 1 of our 10+ voicemails. We set up a date, and no call no show. Our water bill is running up + we're at danger for mold due to the dampness. I'm a man of my word and stand behind my work. The only thing this guy is standing behind is the voicemails on his phone. We would not recommend anybody using this guy. Even if the work was free. We already contacted Angie's list and in the process of getting some of our money back if not all of it. We could have done a better job ourselves.

Description of Work
Put in a water faucet in the back of my house.

Category handyman service, plumbing

11/10/2014

Kevin S.

i t went terrible. I got an estimate, set everything up over the phone and e mail and he NCNS on a job and did not even call to say why. Now I can not reach him. He will not respond by phone or e mail. Buyer Beware.

Description of Work
The provider did not do anything. He NCNS a job.

10/11/2014

Jennifer F.

We called David to widen a small doorway to make it more of an open area. This project went well and we hired him for numerous other projects. Bathroom remodel, recessed lighting, crown molding installation. Every project had unforeseen issues (I.e., the bathroom tile didn't cover the floor under the old vanity so we had to redo the entire floor) and David handled all issues and we didn't worry about things. His prices were fair, he was always on time, his guys were polite, and we loved that he said to us, "My job is to make you happy". We will be redoing our other bathroom soon and will be calling David for that job, too. He's great and we enjoyed working with him!

Description of Work
Small to major jobs. All projects quoted quickly, accurately, with full transparency. All work was performed as quoted and on time. Professional, punctual, straight forward. A real "Go-to" guy!

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, woodworking

04/23/2014

Cris S.

We are very happy with the work that David did. He was always on time and worked around our busy schedule. He cleaned up well and left everything looking good. We will call him again for our next project.

Description of Work
David remodeled our bathroom including new shower, sink and toilet for handicapped. Lighting,exhaust fan, window,new walls,painting,plumbing and replacing the floor because the toilet had leaked through.

04/11/2014

Sandra P.

It was fine and he did a good job.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for the roofing, electrical and plumbing service of DAVID'S HANDY WORK. He fixed the leak in the faucet, installed the light fixture, they fixed a spot on the roof and fixed a little hardware on different doors.

Category electrician, plumbing, roofing

04/07/2014

mary ann B.

Description of Work
Nothing. I called and described the work, he quoted me $75. He came out a few days later and said he would get back with us...and he never did. I realize the job was (is) not easy, and would have paid him more, but he just never responded back. I think he is just interested in quick jobs he can make a lot of money on. Not interested in anything involved or out of the ordinary.

01/22/2014

Skigh L.

My experience went very well. The staff was punctual, professional and knowledgeable in their field. The pricing was reasonable and I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
They came to replaced siding, flooring repair, and electrical work.

Category electrician, handyman service, siding

12/03/2013

jeffrey S.

We weren’t happy. All he did was glue it. When I went to close the door, the whole porch moved. We had called him and told him about it. He said he’d be down to fix it but he never called so I had to do it myself. We paid him $1,800 but it wasn’t much of a job. He gave us all the worst materials that you could possibly buy. I had to repaint the whole thing because the paint he used was faded. We called 3-4 people and he was the only one who called. I thought he knew what he was doing because we weren’t home when he did half of it. The thing that upsets me was that he never secured the mesh, that’s the first I asked him. It was a very small porch. I wasn’t very happy. He was very prompt but the quality of the work was bad.

Description of Work
David’s Handy Work put in a screened porch for us.

Category decks, screen repair, sunrooms

11/16/2013

M Kay H.

We had a leak due to increased pressure in our water line. A small area of our downstairs ceiling had to be replaced. He came the same day we called and looked at it and gave us a price and approx. date. He called the week before and gave us a firm date. He was on time and the project was completed as agreeded.

Category plumbing

10/25/2013

Jamie L.

He did quality work in a very timely manner. Very trust worthy and honest and fair on pricing. I will definitely use him again and will refer him to friends, family & clients.

Description of Work
He repaired damage done by squirrels in my garage, replaced a threshold at my back door, installed 2 dead bolts and repaired some sheet rock.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking

08/21/2013

Paula M.

The service provider refused to honor the deal.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal with DAVID'S HANDY WORK

Category handyman service

I apologize for not being able to honor the deal for [member name removed]. Due to being overbooked, I had to end the special with Angie's List and was not contacted by [member name removed] until after we had ended the deal. My sincere apologies!! David Yearwood-David's Handywork

08/13/2013

Timothy C.

I had an area of base board next the shower that had been showing signs of water damage. I had looked it over myself to try to determine where the water was coming from but was unable to find where the water was leaking. I was honestly concerned there was a problem with the plumbing inside the wall. David was good about returning my calls and kept the appointment time. He evaluated the shower and moisture/water damage at the base board. He told me he had seen a similar case where the issue was not the pipes inside the wall, but issues with leakage from the overflow notch at the top of the shower pan. He recommended re-caulking the shower and filling in the over flow notches. His workman took down the shower door frame, and re-caulked everything in one day, including the over flow notches. Since then the base board has been dry. I did have one area of the caulk start to peel off. David was very responsive and came by the re-caulked the peeling caulk (free of charge) and it's done well ever since. I intentionally waited 3 months to post this review since the problem was a slowly developing one. In that time the base board has remained dry. I'm not sure why filling in the overflow notches fixed the problems, perhaps the shower pan was misaligned when it was originally installed. I will probably use David the next time I need a handy man, he did a very good job.

Description of Work
Re-caulked the the shower. painted the base board next to the shower.

06/25/2013

Kathleen F.

He stated he would look at dog doors and then call with a price for the installation. When I asked for the product name, he couldn't answer my question but told me where he looked. I checked online at the location he specified and couldn't find one that would fit in the space I wanted. I emailed the day before he came for the information on the dog door and that night I received an email stating he cancelled the appointment because he could not get the information in time. I didn't feel that was a valid reason to cancel and feel like he didn't have the correct product for installation so I thanked him for his time and cancelled the job.

Description of Work
He priced the installation of an in the wall dog door.

06/14/2013

Tim M.

It went okay. I picked out the door and paid for it and then he picked it up from the store and installed it. Although this is what he had asked for me to do, he seemed slightly disgruntled with the process. The instillation required extra trim and he did not offer to do this. He left a stud exposed and caulking on the brick where he had taken down the existing door.

Description of Work
He installed an exterior door.

05/29/2013

Margaret Q.

prompt, punctual, pride of workmanship, etc......

Description of Work
Cut out drywall; replaced sheetrock, taped, mudded, sanded and repainted repair spot; scraped off popcorn on bathroom ceiling; repaired ceiling with mud, sanded, primed and painted; sprayed Kilzed water stain on bedroom ceiling. LOOKS Wonderful!

Category handyman service, interior painters

05/29/2013

llyn S.

They did a great job in a very timely manner and cleaned up after themselves. The work was started on 5-20-13 and finished on 5-21-13. I was very happy with the work done and I will hier them again for future work!!!

Description of Work
David's Handywork took up most of the 1/4 round shoemold in my house, re-cut molding and stained or painted it and re-placed it.

Category handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

05/10/2013

Regis R.

It went well. This being a small business, they do not have a full-time secretary. Therefore, it requires a little patience in connecting to someone and getting an appointment. However, David is good at returning calls and following up after work. He will take calls any day of the week including Sunday. I do think my rate was a little high for such a simple job. But I'm glad to have had the gutters examined the first time by a professional.

Description of Work
I had several downspouts clogged up. My gutters were clear but the downspouts were clogged with granules from the shingles. The gutters are too high for a non-professional to clean.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service

Augusta Lawn Care of Greenville

We specialize in lawn maintenance and mowing services. We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Allegiance Power Wash

Allegiance Power Wash serves Spartanburg, Greenville, and surrounding areas with professional exterior cleaning. We clean both residential and commercial structures as well as concrete driveways and wooden decks/fences. We also clean RVs, boats, and commercial trucks! Please feel free to reach out for a quote on any of our services! Ask us about our Military, Veteran and First Responder http://Http://www.Facebook.com/allegiancepowerwash

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Upstate Electrical Solutions LLC

Upstate Electrical Solutions specializes in Residential Electrical Repair in the Greenville, SC area. While other electrical contractors are going after larger new construction electrical jobs, wiring homes and commercial buildings, our electricians focus on fast response times to your electrical repair need. We can handle any electrical repair for your home. That's all we do! Our mission is simple: provide you, the homeowner, with the highest level of customer service while making electrical repairs and installations that are safe, reliable, and cost appropriate for your budget. Please read some of our customer reviews. Upstate Electrical Solutions is the electrician to call in Greenville when you need fast and reliable service that comes with upfront pricing and a 100% money back guarantee. We make sure every customer is completely happy before we accept payment for our service. All prices are put in writing before any work is performed and our electricians will explain what repairs are needed in easy to understand terms so you know exactly what you are paying for. Upstate Electrical Solutions provides electrical services for Greenville, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Taylors, Greer, Fountain Inn, Berea, Traveler's Rest, and Piedmont.

2022 Super Service Award

ANY AND ALL TYPES OF HOME REPAIRS AND REMODELING, MINOR PLUMBING, ELECTRICAL,(SUB OUT MAJOR PLUMBING AND ELECTRICAL), SOME HEATING/HVAC

BRICK, CONCRETE.