Appliance Medic

Founded 2013 • With Angi since October 2013

212 McMakin Dr

Greenville, SC 29617

Small family owned and operated business. Experienced professionals trained to meet your appliance repair needs. Proudly serving Greenville, SC and the surrounding area. We service virtually all major appliance brands with flat rate pricing.

10/10/2019

MARYANN S.

No work performed. Called twice and left a message each time. No call back. In fact after leaving the second message, the answering system reported that "this maibox is full".

Description of Work
Dishwasher Repair

07/07/2019

Pat B.

After checking all outside buttons, he opened the microwave to check all systems. The conclusion was the repair would cost more than a new microwave. So I only paid for the service call.

Description of Work
Microwave diagnostic

02/01/2019

Rocky M.

good, but charged $25 to replace fuse

Description of Work
heating element

01/16/2019

Ted W.

They took 4 working days to call back. The repair was done outside of Angie's List

Description of Work
Washer Repair

01/07/2019

Jeanne A.

They figured out the non functioning part quickly and got a repair cost quickly which determined it was best to get a new microwave.

Description of Work
Microwave did not work

01/01/2019

eileen S.

Great! Technician was very nice and competent!! Very professional service!

Description of Work
Check dishwasher

08/08/2018

Susan L.

Jon was prompt, professional, and very nice. He repaired the washer and it is working perfectly.

Description of Work
New drain pump on washer.

08/04/2018

Susan L.

Jon was prompt, friendly and professional.

Description of Work
Wasabi ginger machine repair.

06/25/2018

Jaime W.

After the technician checked out the problem and determined that there was a leak in our refrigerator’s coolant line, he said he wasn’t qualified to fix it, and gave me the name of a company who eventually did. Unfortunately, I was still charged for the service call, despite having no work completed. The repairman offered a slight discount because he said he felt bad about how often he has to charge people a service fee when he’s unable to make any repairs. $60 wasted, and several more days without use of a refrigerator before it could get repaired. Wish I’d known before I’d called them how limited their scope of abilities was.

Description of Work
Refrigerator stopped cooling

06/19/2018

Bethany C.

Great, he was prompt and fixed the problem quickly.

Description of Work
Refrigerator leaking

03/26/2018

karen R.

Very good. Even had him change washing machine hose while here.

Description of Work
Fixed leak in refrigerator hose.

02/19/2018

Ricardo G.

Punctual and thorough. Very professional. Checked refrigerator for potential short - no issues found - did not try to upcharge. Will definitely use again.

Description of Work
Checked Refrigerator for Short

10/04/2017

Faye B.

Very well, he came next day and had it fixed within minutes.

Description of Work
Fix freezer, it was icing up and leaking

09/22/2017

L G.

It ended up that the main control panel on the dryer had "fried". Wasn't worth spending the money to fix it. I did, however, have a coupon for a discount and was told I could not use it against the $79.99 service call; it was only for repairs:(

Description of Work
Had a dryer that needed to be repaired and we were going to be leaving for out of town. They got out the day after I called them.

09/05/2017

Katie B.

John was punctual and professional. He provided quality service.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal and stovetop glass replacement

07/26/2017

Paul F.

He had to disassemble entire LG dryer to get to it. Part had to be ordered and he returned promptly once part was in. He did an excellent job rebuilding the dryer. Left work area very clean and price was reasonable for two trips and ordered parts. I would Highly recommend Appliance Medic.

Description of Work
Replaced thermostat's on dryer.

03/21/2017

Don H.

Went very well. They did leave a small mar on the hardwood floor in front of the oven. Double ovens are very heavy and tough to handle even for two men, but I did drop their quality grade a notch as I think they could have used more padding/protection for the floor.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a double oven.

12/30/2016

Stanley P. P.

Showed up in a timely fashion. Asked for information about operation. Proceeded with diagnosis. Result - Best Guess - Transmission Failure Would have been better to have known up front, over the phone, when asking for the appointment, the amount charged for the trip regardless of whether the appliance could be repaired or not. Information is vital to customer decisions. In this case I would have rather have spent the money toward the purchase of a new appliance versus an evaluation which I have to take at face value.

Description of Work
Evaluation of repair-ability of washing machine and repair if feasible.

10/25/2016

Bonnie M.

I called Mr. Oakley on Monday morning, and he was here and gone within 2 hours. He explained everything he was doing and even went outside to check my dryer hose to see if it needed cleaning. He also gave me pointers on how to make my appliances last longer. A $79 service call is very reasonable. I am very happy and will call him again if needed.

Description of Work
Leaking washing machine.

08/12/2016

Arthur H.

Appliance Medic is trustworthy, honest, and reasonable in price. I have called several times but only needed a repair once. He did a great job with the repair. The other times I called he helped me figure out the problem over the phone at no cost. He either recommended a repair I could do myself or replacement (either way he wasn't making any money). This goes a long way to demonstrate his honesty and integrity. I would highly recommend you call Appliance Medic for any appliance needs as I will continue to do in the future.

Description of Work
Oven repair

Category appliance repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank You for your kind review. We look forward to serving you in the future.

08/10/2016

Kelly B.

Perfect! Very kind and personable service. With a family of 8, we needed a company to fix our dryer fast. They came out the same day. Very impressed and would highly recommend.

Description of Work
Dryer would not turn on

07/14/2016

Dennis G.

Excellent service, fast response and a pleasure to talk too.

Description of Work
None, received excellent and honest advice on a problem mom is having with her refrigerator. Great customer service, will use next time we need them.

Category appliance repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to review us. We look forward to serving you in the future. Sincerely, Jerrad

03/04/2016

Scott S.

Lived up to positive online reviews. I would use him again. Easy to communicate with and worked quickly.

Description of Work
fixed washing machine

Category appliance repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future. The Medic

02/07/2016

Melinda H.

I was visiting my elderly parents in Fountain Inn, SC, when their dryer broke, causing them much consternation. I found Appliance Medic online and called them. Jerrad was friendly, cheerful and very helpful. He was able to diagnose the problem on the phone and offered to tell me how to fix it myself. When he realized I don't have the mechanical skills to do it myself, he bent over backwards to fit us into the next day's schedule, despite already having a full day. The next day, the dryer was back to normal and everyone was relieved.

Description of Work
Fixed a dryer switch.

10/24/2015

William D.

Initially we thought the problem was only a blown fuse on the upper oven since the lower oven was still operating. However after replacing the fuse, it became apparent that the control board was bad and needed to be taken to a company that specializes in repairing the board. After three weeks of trying to coordinate our schedules, Jerrad was able to install the repaired board.

Description of Work
Repaired the circuit board on the double ovens

Category appliance repair

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your business and taking time to review us online. We pride ourselves on prompt service. My apologies on the time frame of the project, we normally complete the rebuilds within a week. Thank you again and we look forward to serving your family in the future. Sincerely, Jerrad

Dipple Plumbing, Electrical, Heating & Air

Our Plumbers, Electricians & Heating and Air Conditioning Service Technicians offer fast, 24-hour emergency service. If your energy bills are getting higher and the temperature is getting lower, call us for our $79 furnace tune-up special. We can offer new ideas about how to save money. Ask about our exclusive Comfort Assurance Plan (CAP), which provides special benefits and up to 20% off on services. We have plans for plumbing, electrical, heating and air to fit any budget. We are currently offering financing on new Lennox HVAC systems up to 60 months with no interest! Call us today to schedule your estimate!

Offers Coupon

Royal Flush Plumbing, LLC

Available for immediate plumbing needs!

Integrity Plumbing of the Upstate

We specialize in plumbing services, repairs, inspections, installations, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award