AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg

Founded 1994 • With Angi since April 2010

AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg is a locally owned and operated prevention and mitigation company. We specialize in mold remediation, crawl space humidity control, crawl space encapsulation, interior drainage. AdvantaClean is a better business bureau accredited business with seven full time employees. Certified Anabec Systems technician offering up to a 30 year warranty against new mold growth.

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered

Amenities

All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

4.4

Elaine V.
03/15/2021
The team at AdvantaClean was exceptional in work and attitude. They worked fast to clean up the mess and clear it out. The team was led by Alisa Jenkins, who was kind, courteous and accommodating during a very stressful time for me. I would definitely use this company should I ever need to in the future.
Description of Work
Needed a cleanup and a tear down after my apartment flooded as a result of a burst water heater supply line.
Category
insulation, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

[Member Name Removed], thank you for the review! We were glad to help you out in this stressful time! Let us know if we can ever help you in the future!
Lena E.
01/29/2021
Better than expected, timely, proficient, went above expectations.
Description of Work
Mold testing and remediation
remodeling, mold removal
Kenneth C.
06/26/2020
The estimate was done very professionally, the work was done over three days, and adequate supervision was provided. The crew also responded promptly to minor things which we called to their attention. The price was slightly higher than other quotes we received, but we were pleased with the value of the service provided. I would use them again and recommend them.
Description of Work
Replace vapor barrier, mold remediation, replace some insulation batting and add insulation hangers.
Category
insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal
Neil C.
08/13/2019
Advantaclean was exceptionally professional throughout this complex and involved project. Took nearly three weeks. Seems like a long time? Well: removed all existing underhouse insulation (damaged by 30 years of moisture), scrubbed every inch of exposed wood to remove build-up of mold, installed French drains to channel water from serious rains to sumps, installed new sump pump w/ battery backup, sealed all crawlspace vents, applied thick Mylar moisture barrier, installed dehumidifier to control humidity in space to prevent regrowth of mold and damage to wood substructure. Throughout, the crew chief, Alisa, kept me apprised of progress, of changes to plans, of problems solved. Her crew worked ceaselessly. The results were phenomenal!! A clean, moisture-controlled, mold-free environment that greatly improved the in-house environment both immediately and for years to come. Attention to detail, quality work, fair price. Advantaclean Greenville is most highly recommended!! n
Description of Work
Crawlspace Encapsulation
structural engineer, mold removal
David K.
02/02/2018
At first, I was skeptical about the company because I had to provide my own ladder for them to reach the high ceilings in our great room. They had to come back a day after my scheduled appointment because I had to arrange to have a ladder at my house. The team that came seemed professional watched a few of them as they worked. They connected their vacuum system to the vent just inside my front door. They sealed all the vents to maintain suction as they went around with their tool that cleaned deep inside each vent line. To my surprise, the job took a lot less time than estimated. The team started packing up and I questioned the team lead about cleaning the upstairs unit (which we paid for the two separate units) and he said, "we were able to section out both systems from the single vent." I was not about to argue with him. I called the office the next day and kept leaving messages. Finally, after speaking with Adam Walker multiple times and leaving messages I received no resolution, just empty promises to come fix the problem. All I wanted them to do was come back and do the job right!
Description of Work
The previous owners of our new home had dogs and our family is allergic to them. We knew we needed our carpets cleaned and air ducts cleaned thoroughly.
air duct cleaning

Please enter what you would like the response to look like:Mr. [Member Name Removed], I hate to hear this. I bought the company shortly after you received this less than stellar service. I will apply the charge to the cost of paying a service partner provide a duct cleaning or refund your money, whichever you prefer. I apologize that our service wasn't excellent and hope I can make it up to you. [phone number removed] Dan Wackerhagen - Owner
john P.
10/23/2017
As far as the actual work it was performed as scheduled except for the final air mold mold test results which were done approximately three weeks after the completion of the work. Also, my insurance adjuster wanted a more detailed description of the interior demolition and removal of materials. Per Stan, they do not give that detail, only the summary. Therefore, if you get a quote make sure it has details as for example how many square feet of molding or paneling, etc is included.
Description of Work
Remediation of mold that was in the bonus room due to a roof leak.
Kerry V.
10/15/2017
Someone came to look at the crawl space. Said I would receive quote later that day. After 5 days still no quote. Emailed salesperson, and she emailed me back saying i would have it by the end of the day. Never received it. Now going on 3 weeks and still no quote.
Description of Work
Crawl space mold removal.
mold removal

Unfortunately the salesperson quit suddenly and didn't pass on her active clients. I have tried to reach out to everyone but obviously missed this client. I apologize for the lack of communication as we try very hard to be responsive. I do think that an F rating is a little harsh as we didn't actually provide a service or charge anything. There are a lot of contractors that don't answer the phone, don't return calls, don't provide quotes timely or at all, or don't show up to do scheduled work. We try hard to not be one of those companies. As this is the first none A/B rating received since I bought the company it pains me to see this failure. I hope that we can prove to others that we really are not one of 'those' contractors.
Saundra W.
08/25/2017
Very well. I give the crew an A+ plus as they had very extreme conditions to complete this job . The crawl height was only 2 feet and it was compromised by the heating and air equipment.
Description of Work
Mold remediation and crawl encapsulation
Andrew H.
07/31/2017
Good. They came back and fixed up everything for me.
Description of Work
They cleaned my crawl space. They cleaned mold off.
Michael T.
02/13/2017
Dan and Blake are truly amazing and have a work ethic that is rarely found these days. They not only did the contracted work, but they tested the results through a lab and came back to do additional work, at no charge, without being asked. They did not ask to be paid until the results were beyond my expectations. You will not find a higher level of ethics and integrity.
Description of Work
Mold testing and remediation
Category
insulation, air duct cleaning, mold removal

Thank you for the kind and uplifting review! We all appreciate it. Thank you from the whole team. It was a pleasure to assist you with your home! We are always here to help!
Chris T.
01/17/2017
They were very thorough. The up front walk thru and quote was clear and helpful and they were a little flexible on price. They completed the work in a reasonable time frame and did a decent job cleaning up after themselves. They left a small problem in the crawl space but after a text late the night after they finished, but were out immediately the next morning to correct the issue.
Description of Work
Advantaclean performed mold remediation on my house to prepare it for sale. This included cleaning all the ducts upstairs and downstairs, wiping down contaminated surfaces in several rooms, removing the old vapor barrier and insulation in the crawl space, decontaminating the joists by hand and replacing the vapor barrier entirely. They also fogged the entire house and crawl space, ran air scrubbers for four days and sprayed all surfaces in the crawl space down with fungicide. Finally, they did the extensive post remediation testing and provided a clearance certificate.
mold removal

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words. It was our pleasure. Hope you don't have any more mold problems in the future, but if you do we are at your service. Hope things are going well with post-move! Dan Wackerhagen Owner
Laura B.
01/28/2016
AdvantaClean provided very professional service. I had a significant water problem in my crawl space along with a serious mold problem. The solution they provided was cost effective as well as energy efficient. AdvantaClean employees worked in stages as the situation required, and were consistently prompt, courteous, and professional. I feel confident that the work was done correctly; it is also under warranty, so that helps to provide an extra measure of confidence. After the snow we had a few days ago, I checked under the house, and all was still dry. I am very happy I chose AdvantaClean among other companies for which I received quotes. Their solution was the best and I am pleased to have this home repair project complete. The only negative was that the electrician that AdvantaClean contracted with was not very neat and left the humidifier unplugged, so it did not drain and created a pool of water. I noticed this within a day of the service and reported it to AdvantaClean. AdvantaClean sincerely apologized and came early the next morning to ensure everything was back on track. Overall, they did an excellent job from start to finish.
Description of Work
Used temporary dehumidifier and air movers to dry out crawl space Cleaned and prepared area, air duct system. Installed new dehumidifier with pump and drain line. Sealed vents. Installed dedicated breaker and electrical outlet. Remediated mold. Installed vapor barrier. Sealed foundation wall where leak was occurring.
Category
basement waterproofing, air duct cleaning, mold removal
Mark B.
10/22/2015
Stan and team did great job working within our busy schedule and provided superior service. Technicians were professional and pleasant!!! We will use them in future for all their services!! Thanks Stan!!
Description of Work
Cleaned and replaced barrier in crawl space as well as utilized negative air system to prevent spread of any contaminants..
Donna O.
09/29/2015
Gave me an estimate of services that could be provided,showed me the pictures,he was extremely professional and friendly. Apologized for being early!I was completely satisfied.
Description of Work
Spent about 20 minutes examining under the house . He measured the humidity level,took photos,and explained in detail his findings.
Billie P.
09/03/2015
Provider inspected my crawlspace and provided me with estimates for correcting my dampness issues.
Description of Work
Crawlspace Inspection
Sandra M.
06/25/2015
They were very professional and offered several options of service. The prices were reasonable. I found someone else through a friend, so I did not use them. Most homes in the south have an issue with mold. I did not want pressure to spend thousands on services I did not need. I didn't think the salesman was overly pushy.
Description of Work
Checked for mold under house. Gave estimates for work.
Bernard H.
04/14/2015
Blake arrived as scheduled and proceeded to do the inspection. Our home is new and we wanted confirmation that the crawl space was prepped correctly by the builder. Everything was in order so no other work was necessary.
Description of Work
Crawl Space Inspection
Maryann T.
03/25/2015
Promptly return call to set up schedule.
Description of Work
Special price to check crawl space.
IZETTA A.
03/25/2015
The gentlemen was very, very nice but he didn't offer to do any of the clean up in my crawl space. He told me how to do it but did not offer to do it. So I really didn't get anything for the $250 Repair Credit that was included in the deal.
Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for $39 Crawlspace or Basement Inspection with $250 Repair Credit.
basement waterproofing

I did not offer any services based on my inspection because there were no significant concerns that would warrant her spending any money to resolve.
Nicholas M.
09/25/2014
All of the people we worked with were fantastic. They were professional, friendly, and went out of their way to get this job done quickly for us. John and Michael paid great attention to detail, cleaning every surface, nook and cranny of the basement, as well as cleaning the air handler and ducts. They arrived on time, worked efficiently, and got an incredible amount done, finishing the job in just in one day. The mold is gone; the basement looks, feels and smells nice and clean.
Description of Work
We had mold growth on the walls (and pretty mich every otter surface) of the basement due to high humidity. Blake came out promptly to evaluate the problem to make an estimate. John, Michael and Mark came out 2 days later and wiped down everything with antimicrobial solution, cleaned the air handler and air ducts, and used a fogger of antimicrobial in the entire basement area as well.
Tiffiny M.
07/30/2014
The office staff and technicians were extremely helpful, informative, and professional. I cannot say enough about the staff. Chelsea is the first voice that I heard when I called and she went to great length to help me schedule around my work and school. They accommodated for my schedule and I cannot express enough gratitude. The technicians showed up on time and kept me informed during the process. They cleaned the dryer vent, cleaned any remaining dryer lint from the laundry room and returned everything back to its original place. I even had the pleasure of speaking with the owner, Chris, in reference to a future job and he was also very informative and I look forward to working with them again. I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend this company to everyone!
Description of Work
Cleaned Dryer Vent.
Category
mold removal, dryer vent cleaning
Gretchen T.
07/16/2014
Chris Herman and his crew were great. I will say my job was done during a time when Chris was on vacation and there was some miscommunication causing some things to not be done as originally planned. Actually the problem came with an area that Chris was going to help me with since there would be a dumpster on site, and that was not directly related to the services I contracted them to do. This was also partially my fault for not being on site to clear up any miscommunication. Though there was a problem what made this an overall A experience was Chris' response along with the response of Blake, the project manager on site. Though Chris was on vacation, when he was notified by his crew of the problem he called me himself to let me know what was going on. He was very apologetic and was going to do everything he could to make it right. Once I got on site Blake and the crew there were also apologetic and helpful in getting the situation corrected. I have worked with other contractors where when mistakes were made and they would try to cover things up or would be defensive, and Chris and his crew did not do this at all. Chris did everything he could to correct the situation, and in my opinion went above and beyond to make sure I was a satisfied customer. He even used this as a learning experience for his crew to improve their work and to help prevent any future issues. In the end, the job I had contracted to do was done and I feel confident that all the mildew has been removed from my basement. No one is perfect and mistakes happen. How one handles a mistake to me says a lot about their character and how much they value quality work. Chris and his team went the extra mile to make sure things were right. I would definitely use their services again if needed and would definitely recommend them.
Description of Work
Removed insulation in a basement to remove mildew damage and cleaned beams to remove mildew due to water previously being trapped in the basement.
insulation, mold removal
Arron B.
05/09/2014
Four men (John, Jason, Derrick and Patrick) showed up at my door on time and ready to work. They went right to the dryer and cleared room to work on it. They cleaned the duct, picked up the dryer lint and returned everything back to normal. Exactly what you want from a company, to do what they say they are going to do!
Description of Work
Dryer duct cleaning
Category
air duct cleaning, dryer vent cleaning
Ramona P.
03/26/2014
They were very professional and had good attitudes. They were very nice guys and explained to me the whole process.
Description of Work
They had to rip up flooring and removed appliances. They had to clean up mold up underneath the laminate flooring.
Don B.
02/18/2014
Failed to show up. After an hour after my appointment I called office and was told that they couldn't do the work that day. Hadn't bothered to call me earlier. Would not recommend these people.
Description of Work
Had made an appointment for a simple dryer duct cleaning. Wanted duct cleaned before installing new dryer.
dryer vent cleaning

AdvantaClean did miss our appointment. We had an emergency situation on another job and the dryervent cleaning slipped our mind. The owner of local AdvantaClean called to apologize and offered to come do the cleaning for free. The service only takes around 15 minutes. [member name removed]refused and said he had a usual company that cleans his dryervent. Apparently his usual guy could not do it either. We feel the grade of F is extremely harsh for a missed appointment especially since the customer was offered the service for free to make up for it. If you are reading this feel free to call and ask for the owner 864-704-1993 for a better idea of who we are. Thank You

Phone

162-A Kerns Avenue

Greenville, SC 29609

Other Information

Services offered

Services not offered

Please ask for details

Covid-19 update

We currently perform all of our core services!

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Payment options

Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
Financing Available

FAQ

AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg is currently rated 4.4 overall out of 5.

AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg is open:

Sunday: Open All Day

Monday: Open All Day

Tuesday: Open All Day

Wednesday: Open All Day

Thursday: Open All Day

Friday: Open All Day

Saturday: Open All Day

AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing Available

Yes, AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg offers free project estimates.

Yes, AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg offers eco-friendly accreditations.

No, AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg offers emergency services.

Yes, AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg offers warranties.

AdvantaClean of Greenville and Spartanburg offers the following services: Mold inspections & remediation. Crawlspace humidity control & encapsulation. Water damage mitigation. Waterproofing and drainage systems.