MITCHUM CONSTRUCTION SERVICES

Founded 1971 • With Angi since August 2008

9801 DUNBARTON DR

Columbia, SC 29223

3 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR TRADES. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. SERVICE FEE OF $75.00 APPLIES AS OF 8/26/08. MAY CONTACT THROUGH E-MAIL. ADDITIONAL DBA: CAROLINA WRECKING INC, 141 COURT RD COLUMBIA SC 29203. LICENSE #'S G110238; M107899.

01/09/2014

Wendy D.

everything went as planned

Description of Work
installed a drop in ceiling & painted existing grid.

12/22/2013

CHARLES M.

Replace windows, Doors, Interior repair.

Description of Work
Replace windows, Doors, Interior repair.

Category drywall, replacement windows, doors

10/30/2012

Sherry K.

Prompt, and worked very hard.

Description of Work
poured concrete and cleaned up afterward.

08/04/2012

Grant W.

Mr. Mitchum investigated as to why my driveway collapsed and suggested determining and correcting the cause rather than just replacing what was broken. I had other contractors give me a price to fix what was broken but did not offer or suggest trying to find out why it happened and correct it.

Description of Work
Inspected cracked/broken section of driveway to determine cause of concrete failure. Found that the driveway concrete collapsed due to improperly installed sewer cleanout. Removed broken concrete section, back-filled and compacted and poured new concrete. While excavating and removing old concrete a leaking water line was discovered and repaired.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, remodeling

07/30/2012

Josh D.

They did very good and had a good service. They responded, answered questions and calls. I was pleased overall. They weren't the cheapest.

Description of Work
MITCHUM CONSTRUCTION SERVICES did a garage concrete slab.

05/14/2012

Dena B.

I called a few contractors and he wasn't the cheapest but he wasn't the most expensive either.

Description of Work
Mitchum Construction Services did some repairs on my home.

Category remodeling

04/20/2012

CLEM C.

They did competitively good work. I don't have any complaints.

Description of Work
Mitchum Construction Services did repair work on my walk way.

Category concrete driveways

03/30/2012

Steven L.

They seemed like nice guys. They were prompt and professional, coming out the same day I called. I would use them again for another quote. I don't know if I would actually use their services because their pricing was so high.

Description of Work
I used Mitchum Construction Services. They gave me a quote last summer to put a concrete floor in my shed. The quote was exorbitantly high, a lot more than I wanted to spend.

08/22/2011

Edward R.

It went very well. Mr. Mitchum and his guys were prompt and punctual and the job was done right so far as the concrete itself was concerned. Mr. Mitchum had to call his guys to come back and fill in the dirt around the concrete after the wooden forms were removed and they did - up to a point. I still had to fill in some myself, though. And the price was not cheap although it was worth it to us to have the job done right. I would definitely recommend them and use them again myself if they were available.

Description of Work
We had Mr. Mitchum replace the concrete on the upper part of our driveway where the old concrete was cracking and peeling.

05/05/2011

Carole T.

Excellent job

Description of Work
Concrete slab 20X16 - Robert came out and gave me an estimate, brought has crew. They did the work and the clean up was excellent and up to this point, I am completely satisfied with the job. I would recommend them for paving needs.

09/09/2010

warren H.

Excellent

Description of Work
Mr Mitchum saved us a great deal of money by telling us that the company that originally put in our driveway should redo it because it was not installed according to code.. I would certainly choose him because of his integrity and ability Because of the money we saved by the original company having to redo the driveway (which we would not have known had he not told us) we were able to get other work done which he handled. Her is a general contractor.

02/09/2010

Jamie K.

The reason I chose them was because they were located close by and they had good rating on Angieslist. They were very prompt in returning my phone call. They came out when they said they would come. They were very nice and their quote was reasonable.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for putting in a patio and laying the cement and stamping the concrete. I will be going ahead with them.

06/27/2009

warren H.

I can recommend Mr. Mitchum without reservation for any kind of house building or home improvement project. He is a person of great integrity with great expertise, character and ability. We called him to inspect and possible repair driveway damage resulting from a poor installation. On inspection, he informed us that the driveway installer had not done the installation properly according to building inspection codes. He instructed us to call our local government inspector saying we should not have to pay for the repair since the original installer need to do the driveway in compliance with building codes. He could have easily persuaded us to let him do the work instead and we would have not known the difference. At his behest we are now working with our local code enforcers, who confirmed that the work was NOT done according to code, to have the work done over by the original installer.We then asked Mr. Mitchum to make a recommendation on upgrading our kitchen counters. He arranged for a tile person who works for him to install marble kitchen counters and tumbled marble back splash areas which are spectacular and superb workmanship. I would recommend Mr. Mitchum and anyone he recommends for any home building or home improvement project.

Description of Work
We called Mr. Mitchum to inspect a driveway defect and to give us an estimate on the repair. We subsequently hired a tile person who works for him to tile our kitchen counters and back splash areas and to replace kitchen sink, etc.

Category remodeling

08/06/2008

John F.

He did a really good job. He was really nit picky. He completed the work in the time he said he would and stayed within the budget. I would recommend highly recommend him to others.

Description of Work
He put in a new concrete driveway. He fixed up an old deck where we were having draining problems. He put on a stucco finish on top of the deck to finish it off. He then built in a screened in porch on top of that. The roof had to be put on at an awkward angle due to the chimney. He also did some exterior painting and made other repairs as well.

Category concrete driveways, deck cleaning, stucco, house painters, sunrooms

Precise Drywall & Painting

HI, my name is Scott and I have been in business for six years, but I have over 15 years experience in Drywall and Painting. I also do home improvements and remodels. i am a licensed and insured. My work speaks volumes. I also give discounts to senior citizens as well as military and first time clients.

CertaPro Painters of Columbia, South Carolina

Additional DBA - CertaPro Painters Ltd. Independently owned & operated. Residential & Commercial. Serving Blythewood, Cayce, Irmo, Lexington, West Columbia, Columbia, Richland County, Lexington County, Lake Murray, Arcadia Lakes, Lake Carolina, Spring Valley, Wildwood, Elgin, Pontiac & Chapin.

Keller's Residential Services

With over 25 years of painting experience, here to help you with all your painting and handyman service needs you may have.

ASK FOR DETAILS

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION & GENERAL CONTRACTING, DEMOLITION, NEW CONSTRUCTION, HOME REPAIR & REMODELING, PAVING, CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS & FLATWORK.