MITCHUM CONSTRUCTION SERVICES

Founded 1971 • With Angi since August 2008

3 EMPLOYEES. USES SUBS FOR TRADES. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO ADDITIONAL TRAVEL CHARGES. SERVICE FEE OF $75.00 APPLIES AS OF 8/26/08. MAY CONTACT THROUGH E-MAIL. ADDITIONAL DBA: CAROLINA WRECKING INC, 141 COURT RD COLUMBIA SC 29203. LICENSE #'S G110238; M107899....

R & R Services

Riley & Riley Services is a family owned business with a small crew which allows me the ability to pass low and affordable prices to customers. I have 15 years of experience with exterior and interior painting. Every job includes 100% customers satisfaction guaranteed.

Palmetto Ceramic Coatings LLC

Exterior Painting Company and authorized dealer of Rhino Shield in South Carolina. Rhino Shield is is an exterior ceramic coating product that is applied to the painted areas of your home. It looks like rich, fresh paint and has a 25 year Warranty against cracking, chipping and peeling.

Spray-Net Carolinas

12/22/2013

CHARLES M.

Replace windows, Doors, Interior repair.

Description of Work
Replace windows, Doors, Interior repair.

Category drywall,replacement windows,doors

10/30/2012

Sherry K.

Prompt, and worked very hard.

Description of Work
poured concrete and cleaned up afterward.

08/04/2012

Grant W.

Mr. Mitchum investigated as to why my driveway collapsed and suggested determining and correcting the cause rather than just replacing what was broken. I had other contractors give me a price to fix what was broken but did not offer or suggest trying to find out why it happened and correct it.

Description of Work
Inspected cracked/broken section of driveway to determine cause of concrete failure. Found that the driveway concrete collapsed due to improperly installed sewer cleanout. Removed broken concrete section, back-filled and compacted and poured new concrete. While excavating and removing old concrete a leaking water line was discovered and repaired.

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,remodeling

07/30/2012

Josh D.

They did very good and had a good service. They responded, answered questions and calls. I was pleased overall. They weren't the cheapest.

Description of Work
MITCHUM CONSTRUCTION SERVICES did a garage concrete slab.

05/14/2012

Dena B.

I called a few contractors and he wasn't the cheapest but he wasn't the most expensive either.

Description of Work
Mitchum Construction Services did some repairs on my home.

Category remodeling

04/20/2012

CLEM C.

They did competitively good work. I don't have any complaints.

Description of Work
Mitchum Construction Services did repair work on my walk way.

Category concrete driveways

03/30/2012

Steven L.

They seemed like nice guys. They were prompt and professional, coming out the same day I called. I would use them again for another quote. I don't know if I would actually use their services because their pricing was so high.

Description of Work
I used Mitchum Construction Services. They gave me a quote last summer to put a concrete floor in my shed. The quote was exorbitantly high, a lot more than I wanted to spend.

08/22/2011

Edward R.

It went very well. Mr. Mitchum and his guys were prompt and punctual and the job was done right so far as the concrete itself was concerned. Mr. Mitchum had to call his guys to come back and fill in the dirt around the concrete after the wooden forms were removed and they did - up to a point. I still had to fill in some myself, though. And the price was not cheap although it was worth it to us to have the job done right. I would definitely recommend them and use them again myself if they were available.

Description of Work
We had Mr. Mitchum replace the concrete on the upper part of our driveway where the old concrete was cracking and peeling.

02/09/2010

Jamie K.

The reason I chose them was because they were located close by and they had good rating on Angieslist. They were very prompt in returning my phone call. They came out when they said they would come. They were very nice and their quote was reasonable.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for putting in a patio and laying the cement and stamping the concrete. I will be going ahead with them.

06/27/2009

warren H.

I can recommend Mr. Mitchum without reservation for any kind of house building or home improvement project. He is a person of great integrity with great expertise, character and ability. We called him to inspect and possible repair driveway damage resulting from a poor installation. On inspection, he informed us that the driveway installer had not done the installation properly according to building inspection codes. He instructed us to call our local government inspector saying we should not have to pay for the repair since the original installer need to do the driveway in compliance with building codes. He could have easily persuaded us to let him do the work instead and we would have not known the difference. At his behest we are now working with our local code enforcers, who confirmed that the work was NOT done according to code, to have the work done over by the original installer.We then asked Mr. Mitchum to make a recommendation on upgrading our kitchen counters. He arranged for a tile person who works for him to install marble kitchen counters and tumbled marble back splash areas which are spectacular and superb workmanship. I would recommend Mr. Mitchum and anyone he recommends for any home building or home improvement project.

Description of Work
We called Mr. Mitchum to inspect a driveway defect and to give us an estimate on the repair. We subsequently hired a tile person who works for him to tile our kitchen counters and back splash areas and to replace kitchen sink, etc.

Category remodeling

MITCHUM CONSTRUCTION SERVICES

Founded 1971 • With Angi since August 2008

9801 DUNBARTON DR

Columbia, SC 29223

RESIDENTIAL & COMMERCIAL CONSTRUCTION & GENERAL CONTRACTING, DEMOLITION, NEW CONSTRUCTION, HOME REPAIR & REMODELING, PAVING, CONCRETE FOUNDATIONS & FLATWORK.

ASK FOR DETAILS