Jack Oliver's Pool Spa & Patio

Founded 1995 • With Angi since February 2010

Jack Oliver's Pool, Spa and Patio is a family owned and operated business located in the Forest Acres area of Columbia. We provide top notch expertise and great customer service when it comes to your pool, spa and patio needs....

Green Landscaping Maintenance and Design LLC

Landscaping, Hardscaping, mulch installation, paver patio's, installation of new trees, plants and shrubs.

Offers by Green Landscaping Maintenance and Design LLC on Angi
Yellow Fox Lawn & Landscape

Our business is here to help you get the dream yard you want at an affordable price. We offer lawn care, landscape, hardscape, hydro seeding, irrigation, and yard clean ups. Our goal is to treat you like we would treat our own family and not charge you crazy out of this world prices. We have just started in the Lexington and Columbia area and i have over 18 years of landscape, hardscape, and pool installation. When it comes to our business we are a one stop shop for all your needs. We hope to see you soon and give you the dream yard you have always wanted.

Hollywood Home Improvements LLC

We take care of all your remodeling needs!

07/17/2016

Glenn A.

First off , It was hard to get a call back to arrange a time for the service to be done. Once a time was finally made to have service done... They never showed up or even bothered to call..

Description of Work
Service call on Spa.

Category pool cleaners

We apologize for this happening Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Unfortunately, this was a subcontractor that we used at the time and his lack of communication is not something we tolerate. We no longer use this gentleman and we are sorry that you experienced this.

07/16/2016

Glenn A.

Description of Work
Service call on Spa.

04/28/2015

Linda D.

They arrived as scheduled, the date moved up several weeks due to a change in the companies scheduling. The workers were polite and very efficent, They cleaned up at the end of each day. All in all it was a very positive experience.

Description of Work
resurfaced our pool and hot tub,changed the configuration of the hot tub

04/28/2015

Melanie H.

It went very well, they were punctual and always made good on their commitments. Even after the install, any issues were resolved immediately. We continue to use them for any service issues.

Description of Work
Installed a new inground pool

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

11/28/2014

Dave Q.

They came, but did not check the level of water in the trough as requested. We knew that the level could go down such that the pump would be getting just air. They had said before that we had a water leak, but that leak sometimes would leave a low level in the trough after 3-4 weeks sometimes in a week and a half. There is a lot of evaporation from the trough too since it is very hot then. I had chosen not to do a $3-5,000 leak repair but rather add some water occasionally. Two weeks after this situation I saw water leaking from around the pipes of the pump and filter that Jack Oliver's service had installed a year earlier--so yes there was a leak- from their work. Since we were going to be gone for a week, I set up the service to be sure all was OK. When we got home the trough was totally dry and the pump was only drawing air. So, I called in to let them know what we found. Jack's brother called back to say they did not want to service our pool any longer- that I was never satisfied with their service and besides they had said I had a leak in the pool. The service before this one was just to check while we were gone as well. When we got back their people did not check the basket at the pump that collects extra leaves and debry. It was so full that the basket had cracked open, again their fault. I have never heard of any business, particularly one where it was their faulty work, to tell anyone that they did not want their business any longer. I worked in retail all my life supervising 1000's of people and always knew that relationships with customers is paramount to retaining them and vital to a ongoing successful business. I would certainly say that this person is a hot head. He did not know what he was talking about did not listen sufficiently to understand much of anything and acted as if I did something wrong by bringing a problem of theirs to his attention. Jack Oliver himself has been fine to work with even though he appears to be unhappy and short with customers at times. One could think that since we did not have the leak repair BY THEM that they did not want our business anymore. I had used Jack's service over 5 years, buying chemicals from them, having them put in a whole new pump and filtration system and additional work on the pool.

Description of Work
They were to do a vacation visit checking the pool for water level in the trough and the chemical levels

Category plumbing,pool cleaners

We pride ourselves on providing top-notch service and we are sorry this customer was not pleased. In this case, we could never seem to please this customer and he would not listen to our advice as pool professionals. We did ask him to stop contacting us and find another pool service as we were tired of being told we were wrong and didn't know what we were talking about. We are actually quite surprised that this customer has finally admitted that his pool is leaking and has been leaking for over three years. We, as professionals told this customer based on our work that we have done on his pool and on the chemical usage, that his pool had a substantial leak. One of our first service calls for this customer was because he could not get the pool to prime up. Upon arrival, we noticed the water level in the pool was low and shut his skimmer line and the pool primed right up. Also, this customer has a trough with no covers over the drains in the trough. Therefore, anytime after we visited and debris got into the trough, it would be sucked into the pool pump basket and of course get overfilled and crack. Over the last year and half, we sent three of our best techs to take care of this pool and each time this customer had a problem. And after each complaint, we tore up his bill in hopes to appease him. After the last time, we decided no matter what we did, we would not be able to make him happy and that it would be in both of our best interests if he found another pool service. As you can see, complaints against our company are few and far between and we do our best to make everyone happy. Most of all, we always do the right thing and if we screwed up, we will happily fix the problem.

08/06/2014

Pamela M.

It went well. Two people came out and it took 30 minutes to complete the work. I called them about a week before. Communication was good and they did what they said they'd do. They were very nice.

Description of Work
They replaced some leaking pipes in my pool.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

04/03/2014

Judi B.

My experience with them went fine. They did a really great job. They were fantastic. I really liked that Jack actually came out and was at the pool site probably twice. That was nice. They subcontracted the cement contractor because they had to dig into the cement. I wasn't crazy about them as they left trash on lawn which was not cool. They made sure that everything working well before they left. I would use them more if they were closer to my home. Their price was comparable though not an amazing price. The guy that came out to do the work was real nice and professional.

Description of Work
Jack Oliver's Pool Spa And Patio added two jets into the pool.

Category plumbing,pool cleaners

03/26/2014

Rebecca A.

I am a real estate agent and recommended Jack Oliver among a short list of companies to provide a pool inspection for my clients. My clients called the different companies and selected Jack Oliver in part because of their low cost of $85, but also because they knew he came recommended. Jack performed a thorough inspection and caught things the normal buyer or home inspector would not catch on their own, saving my clients hundreds of dollars in future repairs. He was very friendly and took the time to explain issues and answer follow up questions beyond the inspection. We experienced prompt and professional service.

Description of Work
This was for a pool inspection at a house my client was purchasing.

01/19/2014

William T.

In late spring of last year, our pool liner began to tear at the corners, so I called the company that installed it to get a quote on replacement. They did not return my call. I went by the store and asked them to send someone out to measure and give me a quote. They never came or called. So, I asked my step daughter who installed their pool, and she referred me to Jack Oliver. At the beginning of the summer, the busiest time of year for pool companies, Jack sent Vince over three days after I called. After measuring, Vince said that it would be six weeks before the liner could be installed. As that time approached, so did the rains, which caused postponement after postponement. During that trying time, Vince kept me “in the loop” on target installation dates. Finally, after about six weeks of more delay past the original installation date, work began. Upon removal of the old liner, Vince discovered that two problems existed: the pool floor had been disfigured by the rising water table, and the water table continued to fill the pool bottom with water. Jack Oliver called and said that the original quote of $2,500 would have to increase by about $1,000 if the bottom was to be repaired. He said that a sump pump would have to be installed under the floor to keep the water table from interfering with floor repairs and the liner installation. Upon my approval of the increase, Vince came out and installed the sump pump and repaired the pool floor. As he began installing the pool liner, Vince discovered that the fiber glass spa step pool entrance would not secure the liner because of stripped out screw holes. Vince spent over two additional days repairing the entrance so that the screws would seal the liner to the spa steps. Finally, there were no leaks in the pool and the liner was neatly installed. Upon turning on the pool circulating pump, however, the water level began to go down slowly. Vince came back and tested the return and supply piping and found that the leak was in the return pipes located at the spa step end of the pool under the concrete apron that surrounded the pool. This looked to be another $3,000 to tear up the concrete, replace the piping and pour new concrete. Vince suggested that we reroute the water return piping from the pump and locate the return in the side of the pool, which would minimize cost and cause very little disturbance of the concrete apron. This was done and the leakage stopped completely. This episode was tedious and trying, but all along Jack Oliver and Vince kept in touch with me and came in on budget. And in fact, they did far more than they were compensated for. In my view, this is the only company one should use to handle pool maintenance, repair and installation. They are a business model that others should follow. I can recommend them with out any reservation whatsoever.

Description of Work
Removed old pool liner. Repaired pool floor. Replaced pool liner. Repaired fiber glass pool entrance steps. Found leak in pool return piping. Recommended economical solution to leaking return piping.

01/12/2014

Alan B.

After years of good service, something went wrong in the lack of responsiveness to a problem with my pool. I consider myself as having grown up with the service, but as the firm expanded into retailing spas and patio furniture, attention to its traditional weekly pool service deteriorated. Finally, I was left for weeks with a blocked skimmer drain that made the pool unusable, and an angry Jack Oliver, who is apparently having either personal or business problems.

Category pool cleaners

We are sorry that this customer was not pleased with our pool service. The pool skimmer did become clogged during a cleaning service and we did work diligently to unclog it. However, because of the age of the plumbing (metal pipes) our traditional means could not unclog the skimmer. We actually had to call in two different outside resources to help get the skim line unclogged. The time period that it took to get the skim line unclogged could have been reduced and we did apologize for that. The customer's claim that the pool was unusable is completely inaccurate. His pool was still fully functional, just operating off of the main drain at the bottom of the pool. The pool was cleaned and chemically balanced during this time period.

Pools, Spas, & Patios. Design & Remodel.

Above Ground Pool Repair & Installation.

MasterCard, Discover, Check, Visa, Financing Available, PayPal, American Express