We will take every possible measure to protect you health & safety and that of your loved ones. We make every effort to maintain social distancing. Additionally, our staff is happy to wear masks & gloves should if need. All communication can be done over the phone, through email, or over other electronic systems. The drones that we use for exterior damage assessments allow us to capture high-resolution images that we can share with you. These digital images allow us to remotely show your our findings. We send our clients real-time images as the work is being done on their home to improve communication and ensure satisfaction. Software allows our customers to safely sign documents electronically and submit electronic payments without fear. Our software employees the same identity protection measures as the IRS payment website. Our staff will make every effort to accommodate any additional safety measures that you request. Just let us know what you need.

We complete exterior work only (No need to enter home)
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Indigo State Roofing

Founded 2019 • With Angi since December 2019

146 Leeward Rd

Columbia, SC 29212

We are a local, family owned and operated company specializing in roof installations and exterior restoration including siding work, window replacement, and gutter repair and installation. With deep roots in South Carolina we know if we do things right and treat people fairly the rest will take

07/18/2021

Fredric M.

I’ve worked with Darryl Phelps on several large projects now, and he always provides excellent attention, professionalism, and service. He previously re-roofed both my office building and home, and most recently he sided our home. Our house had “cedar” siding (I think that was the style, not the actual wood) and is on a wooded lot. Over the years the wood siding had deteriorated, and some of the work needed was definitely more than cosmetic. Darryl listened as we described what we wanted to do with the house. He provided valuable insight into what we could do with the project. For example, we wanted vertical vinyl siding that matched the previous cedar siding look of our home rather than the more common horizontal siding. I had not considered that fascia and soffit on the eaves could be different colors, but Darryl encouraged us to explored that. My wife wanted the porch ceiling to be “haint blue,” an old Southern tradition for keeping ghosts away :-). Darryl worked with us on color choices and provided excellent online tools that allowed us to look at virtual mock-ups of our home with the various choices. He also added fine details, like a signature horizontal siding accent line that tied the front and sides of the house together, which we would not have even known was a possibility. Darryl’s bid was not the least expensive we had, but we decided to go with it because of his expertise, commitment to a quality final product, and the experience we’d previously had working with him. The project also involved installing three new exterior doors and replacing a large upstairs picture window. The work was nicely done. Darryl provided us with a number of options for the style of the window, and we selected one with opening side wings that really delights us. The window and door work involved a small amount of interior painting, and this was well done, leaving the walls better off than they were before. There were also fine details which really finished the project. For example, Darryl recommended a proper type of paint for the electrical meter, kitchen vents through the wall, cable box cover, etc., and matched it with the new siding perfectly! He had even quoted me a price on this, which we agreed on, and then ended up not charging me for this detail work! A wonderful lagniappe! We also had a challenge finding the right look, materials, and matching color for the shutters, but Darryl completely came through with what we wanted, and even worked the problem a bit further to find another option we would really like better than our original choice. Like any construction project, this one was not without hitches. Some of this came from workmen on site not checking with us on very small details, like the color choices for mounting exterior electrical fixtures, and they were a bit slow with the detailed clean up once most of the work was done. However, Darryl was exceptional in making everything right, and we are delighted with the finished results. The project also took a bit longer than expected, in part because of COVID-19-related difficulties in getting certain materials, but again Darryl kept us updated on the status, and I believe he moved forward with the project as efficiently as he could. The house is beautiful and we are very pleased. Overall, I highly recommend Darryl Phelps and his company, Indigo State Roofing. I am planning to do another project with him in the future.

Description of Work
Vinyl siding for entire house, plus installing doors and a picture window.

Category drywall, electrician, siding, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review. Here at Indigo State Roofing we always makes an effort to provide a personalized experience that meets our clients' individual needs, preferences and payment requirements. We are pleased to hear that you were so satisfied with our work and the way that we go about doing business. Thank you for your very positive reference & recommendation.

06/09/2021

Heidi S.

Darryl and his amazing crew did a more than exceptional job on our roof. They had many challenges from weather related to obstacles at our home to work. Even through those they excelled with excellence. Even the neighbors commented on their ethics and care. Darryl kept me updated throughout the day of the progress with photos and kept close contact with me during the entire process. He took a final walk through with me and made sure I was pleased with the results. Very appreciative and thankful for the professionalism I received. I highly recommend Indigo State Roofing and their superior quality. Thank you Darryl Phelps, Indigo and crew. Heidi S

Description of Work
insurance roof replacement

Thank you so much for your kind words. It means so much to us to hear that our clients are pleased with our work and the final product. We strive to maintain a reputation of excellence because building relationships with customers like you means everything. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you again.

04/21/2021

Margaret H.

Amazing experience, would highly recommend this company! Our house had a significant amount of wood rot and needed to be repainted, they replaced everything and the quality was outstanding. Daryl checked in everyday to ensure everything was going smoothly and was finished within a week. The prices are very fair considering how much the team works and the quality of everything. Definitely going to use this company again.

Description of Work
Exterior painting/wood replacement

Category awnings, remodeling, woodworking, house painters

We are so proud to hear that you had such a wonderful experience. We greatly appreciate your recommendation & your business. We do take great pride in the quality of our work. Please let us know if there is ever anything else we can help you with in the future.

03/04/2021

Cory N.

It was great. They were incredibly quick to respond, and had the roof tarped within a few hours of my first call. The repairs were done incredibly quickly and with very high quality. The level of communication was amazing, giving updates all throughout the process with pictures included. I won't ever call any other roofing company, Indigo is the way to go!

Description of Work
Roof repair

Category drywall, roofing

We take pride in our high level of communication & our quick response to ameliorating the damage a leaking roof can cause. Here in South Carolina getting a damaged roof tarped quickly can make an enormous difference. We believe that keeping our clients updated throughout the repair process is critically important. Providing our homeowners with real-time photos of our work allows them to be involved in the process, & helps us avoid any miscommunication. We really appreciate your positive review & look forward to working with you again.

02/08/2021

ELLEN R.

Such a great experience! Darryl took great care of me and kept me informed at every step of the way. Honest, always did what he said he’d do, and took the time to answer all of my questions. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Replaced damaged siding

Category siding

We are proud to hear that we were able to answer all of your questions & help you feel comfortable throughout the process. We take great pride in our work & want each and every one of our customers to feel confident in the services we provide. We greatly appreciate your recommendation, thank you.

02/05/2021

Harriet M.

I gladly endorse Indigo State Roofing as a very professional and responsive group of workers. As each stage of the job was completed - the owner Daryl would send me pictures of exactly what was done. I was so impressed and this eliminated any confusion on my part. The owner Daryl informed me of their progress in a timely manner which is unusual but very much appreciated these days. Such professionalism seems unusual and exceptional in today’s Typical work environment. These workers should be appreciated and celebrated for their positive attitudes and professionalism.

Description of Work
interior and exterior repairs

Category roofing, interior painters

It was truly a pleasure working with you on this project. The care you took to make your property accessible & you responsiveness made our job much easier. Thank you for this thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to working with you again in the future.

01/24/2021

Paul G.

Excellent, great work, very cautious about being safe, the crew was very nice and friendly. Cleaned up and made everything look great before they left. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
roof replacement

Thank you for choosing Indigo. We greatly appreciate you, and your family's, repeat business. Please let us know if we can ever be of service to you again in the future.

01/20/2021

Stephanie S.

This was the easiest and fastest work I have ever had done to my home. Indigo State Roofing and Darryl Phelps are the best to work with!! From my insurance adjuster meeting with them to finishing my home took only 6 business days. Darryl is so knowledgeable about what and how to handle roof issues. He worked with my insurance agency to make this an extremely smooth situation. They have gone over and above to make sure that I am completely satisfied. If you need a new roof you need to contact them!! I will recommend Indigo State Roofing to everyone I know. I basically did not have to do much of anything. They handled everything for me and all is professionally completed. I cannot say enough about how happy I am with Indigo State Roofing.

Description of Work
Insurance roof replacement and new ceilings

Category electrician

Thank you for choosing Indigo. We turly appreciate your detailed review of our business. We are very proud to hear how happy you are with our work and methods. Please feel free to call on us in the future. Thank you again for your recommendation.

01/06/2021

John R.

What a truly professional team!! My large roof was replaced in 3 days. There was attention to detail from start to finish. I could not be happier.

Description of Work
Insurance roof replacement

We are glad to hear that you are happy with the work we did on your home & the speed with which we completed the project. We do believe that every detail matters & customer satisfaction is our top priority. It was a pleasure doing business with you.

12/30/2020

Marc H.

Excellent! Darryl and the guys were a pleasure. Darryl offered ideas to improve upon what we requested. We are very happy with the final outcome! We live on the lake and, learning that Darryl is a golfer, I challenged him to hit a few range balls out in the water to see if he could reach the island (well over 300 yards!). Wow! He almost reached it! So, got the project done with flying colors, a few tips on my swing, and a front row seat to see a near-pro hit the ball a country mile!

Description of Work
New siding, windows and custom awnings

Category awnings, siding, replacement windows

Thank you so much for your positive review & recommendation. We did several projects on your home so it is wonderful to hear that we exceeded your expectations. We want every customer to feel comfortable & confident with all aspects of our work. Customer satisfaction is our top priority. It was a pleasure doing business with you. Also, we appreciate the use your lakefront practice range ;)

Bonita S.

Wonderful! Darryl was very accommodating, great communication, and responded very efficiently. He goes above and beyond.

Description of Work
repair and replace soffit, fascia and shingles

Category handyman service, roofing, siding

We are so happy to hear that you are pleased with your repair & the service that we provided. Unfortunately, it can sometimes be difficult to find a company that is interested in doing repairs, but here at Indigo we appreciate the value of every customer no matter how small their project. Thank you for your business & for your review! #IndigoesBeyond

BRENNEN C.

Arrived on time, work was excellent, cleanup was amazing! Still havent found any nails, even put my Christmas lights back on my bushes for me.

Description of Work
INSURANCE ROOF REPLACEMENT

I am so glad that Indigo was able to help you with the insurance claim process & getting you approved for a new roof. We know that insurance roof replacement can be a daunting & often frustrating process. So, hearing that we successfully helped another client with this process makes us very proud. We wish you & your family a very merry Christmas!

Petie B.

Very well . Indigo provided photos throughout the whole process ( very important since there was a lot of unexpected damage.) Very communicative and excellent pricing . I recommend this company to my clients at any opportunity!

Description of Work
removed chimney below decking installed new framing and sheathing, replaced shingles

Category remodeling, roofing

We know it can be very difficult to remove a large leaking chimney without creating further damage. It can be even more difficult to find someone willing to take on such labor intensive work, much less someone who will guarentee such work. We take great pride in our craftsmanship, so hearing that you are pleased is extremely rewarding. We believe that open communication, including sharing real-time imagery, is incredibly important throughout a project. We appreciate your repeat business & all of the referrals you've sent to us.

11/24/2020

Jonathan N.

This company was excellent. They went over and beyond what was expected of them. Darryl was extremely helpful and showed that he really cared about doing an excellent job. We will recommend him and Indigo Roofing to everyone that we know that needs roof repairs. Job well done. Thank you.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

We are definitely proud to hear that you were so pleased with our work. We greatly appreciate your recommendation! It is our goal to meet and exceed our customers' expectations.

11/03/2020

Flora J.

Spot on. Derral found the problem and knew the best way to fix it for permanent fix , not just a bandaid. I would certainly hire Indigo Roofing again if needed.

Description of Work
Roof repair

Indigo truly appreciates your business and all of the referrals you have sent our way. It has been a pleasure doing business with you. We are very lucky to have a client like you.

10/31/2020

Ismail O.

Indigo State Roofing did an outstanding job in providing the estimate, dealing with the Insurance Company and completing the work in record time without cutting any corners or sacrificing quality. Owner Darryl managed the job himself from start to finish with great detail to quality, curtesy and professionalism. I recommend them to anyone without any hesitation.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

Quality and customer satisfaction are always our top priorities. It is always nice to hear that our efforts are appreciated. Thank you for your positive review. We here at Indigo are pleased to hear that you were so satisfied with the process and outcome.

10/27/2020

Mike F.

Amazing! These folks went way above and beyond expectations. Excellent quality work with absolutely no mess left behind. They handled everything with the insurance company. They arrived on time and completed the job as agreed. Super easy to work with through out the process. We highly recommend Indigo State Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you for your positive review! We really appreciate you taking the time to tell us how happy you were with the process and the final product. It was great working with you. We appreciate your business.

10/26/2020

J S.

received a phone call and was told photos would be taken and then another phone call with an estimate. Never received the second phone call with estimate.

Description of Work
waiting for estimate.

Category roofing, drain pipe

I'm glad that we were able to help, thank you for your forgiveness of our initial stumble and look forward to you updating this review with your satisfaction rating of A. Thanks again for your patience and understanding.

10/20/2020

Laura N.

They were professional, very knowledgeable, offered options that benefited me and my costs, and they did what they said they were going to do.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and put on a new roof with skylights

Category roofing, drain pipe

Indigo State Roofing always makes an effort to provide a personalized experience that meets our clients' individual needs and payment preferences. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our work and the way that we go about business. Thank you for your positive reference.

07/20/2020

Kent C.

This company was reasonably priced, prompt, courteous, and thorough. The work was completed in a timely manner, communication was clear and consistent, and clean up was superb. Very pleased with completed work! I would use them again and highly recommend their work for siding replacement.

Description of Work
Siding replacement

Category siding

We are pleased to hear that you are happy with the work we did. It is always great to hear that our clients are happy with the process and the final product. Thank you for your business and your kind words.

06/08/2020

Jeyko G.

They were great and responsive. They always communicated well and I could always get in contact with someone. They use drones to get you high quality images and quotes. They send great updates with pictures and use text as a convenience if you prefer. I highly recommend them and will be using them for any roofing needs. Other companies went MIA when they found out I only needed a partial repair. These guys are the real deal and do quality work. I used them on a rental property in Earlwood and I currently live 5 hrs from my rental so they were very convenient to use even though I was handling all the communication remotely.

Description of Work
Roof repair after fallen tree and upgrades to pipes coming out of roofs.

Category roofing, drain pipe

Indigo State Roofing appreciates your detailed review. We put real value on clear, concise, and timely communication. We find that sending real time images and updates on the progress of projects to our clients is a great way to maintain open communication. Thank you for your recommendation.

05/11/2020

Don S.

I just had my roof replaced with Indigo State Roofing and I have to say that I don't leave reviews... like ever. However, my experience with Darryl and his crew has been such an easy and hassle free one that I had to leave a note. From helping me choose a color, to helping me handle everything with the insurance company, to the clean-up once they were done, everything was professional, courteous, and on time. I would certainly call them again, and I'll recommend Indigo State Roofing to anyone that's in need of a new roof or repairs.

Description of Work
Insurance roof replacement

We appreciate your business and your kind review of our services. I am so glad that we were able to help you get a new roof through the insurance process. Thank you for your recommendation.

04/14/2020

Thomas A.

Indigo State Roofing is the best in the industry, without a doubt. They do a tremendous job. I have dealt with other roofing companies, and they do not hold a candle to Darryl. We had 2 roofs replaced. Guest house and main house. Knowledgeable, professional, with beautiful results. We are actually going to use them for our window replacements as well. Darryl drove 45 minutes to see us in Camden, 4 times, just to sit and talk and discuss the project, not to mention was on the job site every day during the project. He goes above and beyond, and takes tremendous pride in his craft

Description of Work
Total roof and shingle

Thank you for your kind words and recommendation. We are glad that we able to get your roofs, and their underlying decking problems, taken care of for you and your family. We really appreciate you returning to Indigo for your window replacement needs. We want all of our customers to feel comfortable and confident in the services we provide. We never mind traveling the extra mile to ensure our customers are satisfied. Thank you for your business.

04/09/2020

Dana L.

I want to give a big thank you to Daryl at Indigo for his assistance in replacing my metal roof. My house is only 11 years old and I’ve been having trouble with the metal roof for about 5 years. I contacted Indigo State Roofing along with four other companies and Daryl was the only business that returned my e-mails. He has been awesome to work with and maintained excellent communications with me throughout the whole process. He came to the house and explained in detail the products that he was recommending for our house. We took four pictures of the house and using the Hover app recommended by him, we could look at various shingles / colors on the house. Daryl then sent additional pictures with his graphics and provided us with a real life look at how the shingles physically would look on the roof, a truer representation. Once I had decided what shingles to put on the roof, the craftsman showed up and got the job done in only two days. They cleaned the yard after the first day and gave it a thorough cleaning after the second day. Daryl ensured the quality of work met his expectations including the extra effort that was taken around the flashing, in the gully, and especially around the chimney which showed significant roof rot when the metal was removed. He continued to explain the heartiness of the barriers as they installed each component which gave me confidence that I wouldn’t have any more issues with my roof for many years. I will definitely recommend Indigo State Roofing for anyone who needs a new roof or needs a roof replaced. You know immediately when you meet Daryl that he is someone you can trust and he demonstrated his honesty throughout the entire process. It was truly a five star experience. Thanks Daryl.

Description of Work
Remove metal roof and install asphalt

Thank you for choosing Indigo for your metal roof replacement and for this detailed review of our work. We are pleased that you are so happy with our efforts and the outcome. We do have very high standards for ourselves and we feel confident that your roof will stand-up to Mother Nature for years to come. It was a pleasure working with you. We look forward to doing business with you again in the future.

03/09/2020

M M.

The work was done quickly and very professionally. I was updated with drone photos all along the process. Pricing was very fair and Daryll helped me with my insurance company requests as well. Definitely recommend Indigo!

Description of Work
Roof replacement on home, with some of the old underlying wooden planking replaced as well.

It was a pleasure working with you and your family. I am glad that we were able to help you with the insurance roof replacement process and that we could help you achieve such a positive outcome. Please let us know if you have any future roofing, siding, widow, or gutter needs.