Glass Doctor of Columbia

Founded 2009 • With Angi since July 2009

2711 Alpine Rd Ste 220

Columbia, SC 29223

We are a locally owned franchise with a 6 member team. Our business is built around the desire to deliver rapid, quality service for your glass replacement needs.

01/23/2018

Kathy M.

Both look real nice. Fit well

Description of Work
Shower door replace, glass desktop for protection

07/24/2017

Teresa C.

It didn't-can't get a response

Description of Work
I sent an email to them on 5-31-17 and also tried to reach them via phone. I have not received any response from them to this date.

07/03/2017

Thomas R.

It was a good experience, good job. They performed the work at my second home and I didn't even need to be present.

Description of Work
They replaced an entire bay window.

01/19/2017

Joe O.

great work!

Description of Work
replace windshield

11/27/2015

Steve B.

Description of Work
Replaced a cracked windshield.

11/17/2015

Alana H.

On time. One man to do all in one day.

Description of Work
Replaced 9 casement window glass where seals were gone.

10/29/2015

Lillie Mae M.

Very professional, friendly and punctual.

Description of Work
Installed patio glass door.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

08/06/2015

Joette F.

This was an insurance claim and I paid nothing. They replaced the windshield on my vehicle in Summer 2014. So far the windshield held fine. They were overall very good.

Description of Work
replace windshield

Category replacement windows, auto glass

07/23/2015

jerry S.

great work and on time

Description of Work
change window

07/13/2015

Julieanna T.

No problems

Description of Work
Replaced windshield

Category replacement windows, auto glass

05/07/2015

Isharah M.

12/18/2014

Eric D.

Description of Work
They replaced a thermal pane window in which on pane was broken and the other was not. We had it done before (don't ask as it is along story) by ACE Glass and they charged $350 just for the window not labor. We located Glass Doctor via Angie's List. The only glitch was the workman came out on Oct 6 with a trainee helper; one of them, I don't know which, put a nail from a nail gun through the glass on the edge. They were extremely apologetic and had to return the next Monday (Oct 13) after ordering another pane. They came out again, put in the window; this time with no problems. They did not charge us for the second call or glass. I was happy with their work and appreciate their perseverance in getting the job done right. I understand things happen; that is how the window was broken a second time within a couple of years. Glass Doctor finished the job and did the work as well as the other firm; but Glass Doctor did it at nearly half the cost. I would and will use them again when I need similar work done.

10/24/2014

Stephen C.

I am wrapping up a home renovation and needed glass and mirror installed in several cabinet doors and a couple of glass shelves cut. I also had some mirror that I needed cut down to glue on some vanity cabinet doors. Having had a bad experience with an established local glass company in the past I searched on Angie's list for another company close to my home. I called the Glass Doctor and arranged for Dave Mackey(the president) to come give me an estimate that afternoon. Dave was prompt, courteous and professional. Before the end of the day they emailed the quote and after some negotiation I agreed to have them do the work. Two technicians arrived as promised the next day and efficiently performed most of the work. Dave took one cabinet door to his shop that required a backer board to be cut and inserted behind the mirror for reinforcement. He delivered and installed it today. He even primed the backing knowing that I would be painting it to match the door frame. I was a little surprised at the initial quote but Dave sharpened his pencil and agreed to lower it some. Considering the quality of the finished product and the attention to detail the price was worth it. I would definitely use them again and recommend them for all of your residential glass needs. I recently had a stone damage my car windshield and am considering having them do the repair or replacement.

Description of Work
Cut and installed glass and mirror for cabinet doors.

Category glass repair, replacement windows, doors

09/19/2014

Jonathan L.

Glass Doctor did a first-rate job in every way. Phone contacts were pleasant and helpful, service technicians were professional and polite, every promise and schedule commitment kept. Would not hesitate to call them again if needed.

Description of Work
Replaced a broken double-pane picture window in my kitchen.

03/28/2014

Harold Dwaine J.

They did an exceptionally good job and came out to my location and were in and out in 45 minutes to an hour. They've been in business a long time and they often have discounts available.

Description of Work
He replaced my front windshield that had cracked.

02/03/2014

Larry G.

Great job! Thank you so much Glass Doctor!

Description of Work
Glass Doctor of Columbia recently fixed a crack in my windshield. Their team made it an extremely easy process. Mike Coppney orchestrated the process by having the lady at their office contact me. She then contacted my insurance company and handled all of the details. Their technician was great and explained exactly what he going to do. They drove to my location and did the work while I was in a meeting! Thanks to Mike and the Glass Doctor team for a great experience!

07/30/2013

John H.

Everything was good. I can highly recommend Glass Dr.

Description of Work
I have rental property in Columbia, SC. The tenants reported a broken storm window caused by a bad storm in the area. I called Glass Dr. and they sent out a technician and replaced the same day. Tenant called me and said the window looked like new.

07/15/2013

Tammy L.

The service provider was punctual and professional. He explained where the leak had originated and that his company doesn't repair vinyl siding. I appreciated his professionalism and honesty. I also showed him a leak at the base of the frame of a set of French doors. He caulked that at no cost.

Description of Work
He looked at the leak that appeared to be coming from a large picture window. It was actually coming through the vinyl siding surrounding the window. He informed me of this and showed me where the leak the had originated.

05/15/2013

Shawn C.

Job was perfect from start to finish. I called them on Thursday afternoon, 5/9 and they were able to come out on Friday 5/10. Job didn't take long and the windshield looks good. I would have them out again.

Description of Work
Replaced windshield in 1999 Chrysler Sebring.

05/10/2013

George S.

Glass Doctor was able to arrange appointment on same day that I called. Technician showed up on time and replaced the broken window in a short period of time.

Description of Work
Replaced roughly 12" by 12" window pane.

02/05/2013

Jim B.

The Glass Doctor quickly provided a very competitive estimate. Once selected, he ordered the glass and had it installed in four days. The Glass Doctor does not do finished and stained trim work but he did install unfinished 1/4 round trim. The only negative aspect of the finished job was the interior trim was gauged and will have to be repaired.

Description of Work
Replaced front door safety glass.

09/21/2012

trudy R.

Made the call. Arrived on time. Job finished satisfactorily.

Description of Work
Replaced broken window.

08/04/2012

DONNA C.

My experience with them went very well. They were on time for appointments and got the job done in a timely fashion.

Description of Work
I needed one window replaced and they were priced about the same as the other companies I called.

08/04/2011

Brent Z.

They told us when they were coming, came on time, fixed within a reasonable time frame, approximate cost, and were very professional (on phone and on site). Two weeks after the replacement date we received a 10% off coupon in the mail. They did a great job and I have recommended them to all of my neighbors with the same type of old houses.

Description of Work
Glass Doctor came out to replace an old single pane window that we cracked after moving into our home.

11/16/2009

Stewart G.

Glass Doctor was helpful over the phone and got me scheduled for a measurement with no trouble. The technician came out to measure and I received a call a few days later with fair estimate for the job. The technician replaced the glass in two sliding doors (4 panels) without much trouble. There was a problem with them sliding smoothly but he worked with me to correct it. The window unit turned out to be the wrong depth though and the rest of the job had to be postponed to a later date. But that didn't take much time to come back and fix the following week. Got 2 cans of ammonia-free glass cleaner out of it too. Nice stuff! Overall I'm pleased with their work and the price was better then anyone else I had called around to ask about.

Description of Work
Replaced 2 sliding glass doors and 1 window unit. Total of 5 pieces of glass.

Category replacement windows, doors

Palak Windows & Doors

Family owned and operated locally in South Carolina - professionally specializing in window and door replacement and installation. We boast and guarantee top-notch workmanship and work ethic being applied to every project. Our products provide superior quality, serious energy efficiency, excellent warranties and all paired with especially competitive rates with ProVia. We offer financing for ALL size projects with best-in-class rates and terms, no affect to your credit score. Get approved whenever you're ready. So - be proud of your renovations, reduce your energy costs without spending your whole sum savings and bring in new light with Palak Windows & Doors.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Palak Windows & Doors on Angi
    Champion Windows and Home Exteriors of Columbia

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Columbia! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Auto Glass
    American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, Check

Windows, windshields shower & tub enclosures, table tops, mirrors, doors & auto glass