David A. Curtis Sr.

Founded 2006 • With Angi since May 2012

106 Aldbury Court

Columbia, SC 29212

I am not taking on any new customers at this time. I am booked over three months. Thanks for looking! I am an LLR licensed Residential Home builder specialized in home repair but my licenses allow me to accept commercial business up to $5k per job. I also hold specialty contractor licenses in

01/08/2016

Vicki Z.

Description of Work
Forgot to paint an area in Great Room. Ran over some antiques in hallway. Seam tape is now peeling |G.

Category electrician, handyman service, woodworking

09/30/2015

Marie M.

My hot water heater had a major leak coming from the intake and output connections. Of course it happened on a Sunday! I contacted him through Angie's list and purchased a special deal for $89.00, which included 1hr of service. He replied later that day. He came Monday afternoon. With one look, he knew exactly what the problem was. It took him 30 minutes and he was done! He made sure that I had hot water and he was done. Very knowledgeable and friendly. I will definitely use him again. Thank you

Description of Work
fix a major leak in my hot water heater!

Category electrician, plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair

08/23/2015

Marcus W.

He did a great job. Very knowledgeable in plumbing.

Description of Work
Remove old kitchen sink and installed a new one.

Category electrician

01/19/2015

Clarence S.

Did a great job.

Description of Work
Installed baseboard,painting

Category electrician, woodworking, interior painters

11/13/2014

Paul P.

David showed up on time and worked tirelessly through the day, even though the job wound up requiring more work than originally thought. He only charged as per his original quote.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling boxes for new fans and lights. Installed the fans and lights.

Category electrician, ceiling fans

08/20/2014

Kathy P.

David arrived when he said he would. He did the work in a timely fashion. He kept us informed of what he was doing. He asked us more in depth questions on what kind of switch we wanted for the dining room and promptly got that kind for us. We were really pleased with his competence, and his professional manner. When those jobs were done we asked him some questions on other electrical issues we want to pursue. Again, he took all the time in the world to ask us questions, listen to our answers, and tell us our options, We found David from our searching for an electrician/handyman in our area. He got great ratings through Angie's list and we can VERIFY those in spades! .

Description of Work
David fixed four smoke alarms for us as well as a dining room switch that was not working.

Category electrician, handyman service

06/02/2014

gina H.

David was great to work with. He was very easy to get in touch with and quick and courteous in replies. He has wonderful skills in different areas which was a big asset to us.

Description of Work
He worked on two older homes for us, He fixed a leaking skylight, relocated plumbing pipes in yard, replaced ceiling fans, put in security light, replaced high garage lights, removed wood stove and repaired ceiling and roof, dealt with very tricky electrical wiring in old home, and painted.

Category electrician, lighting, plumbing, ceiling fans, interior painters

02/13/2014

Clarence S.

I had an electrical problem in my home. Lights dimming,stove,dryer,and heat pump not operating properly. I called David 0800, Saturday morning. On or about 0820, he was ringing my doorbell. He immediately diagnose the problem. David, inform me that I was not getting enough power coming into the house. Something was wrong outside in the Meter box. I called MCEC, they arrived and open the box. There was a cable Inside the box that had shorted out. |Although, David didn't do the repairs his prompt response is deeply appreciated. He took the time to explain the problem in layman's terms. I highly recommend him. I will definitly use his services in the future. Best of all, there no charge.

Category electrician

11/11/2013

Amber C.

The experience with David was wonderful actually. He was wonderful. He was very accommodating and very fair. I felt like he was honest with me. I basically had a home inspection, and I took the list to him and he went through it. So he told me a bunch of things that didn’t really needed to be done and in total what needed to be done. He did that for me and that was really helpful, so I hired him to do the repairs. I would honestly recommend him to anybody and he was very thorough. I can’t say enough good things about him. He was great and I will absolutely use him again in the future.

Description of Work
I used David A Curtis Sr. for plumbing and electrical services. It was just some general repair work around my house. I basically had a home inspection.

Category electrician, plumbing

12/21/2012

Kris D.

David has expertise in both plumbing and electrical. He gave a very fair price for labor and parts needed to replace our electric tankless water heater. The job was done quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
Our electric tankless water heater needed to be replaced with a new one.

Category electrician, plumbing

Closets By Design

Closets By Design is a family owned & operated business. We offer FREE in home consultations with one of our experienced designers who will customize designs to fit your organizational needs.

24 Hr Garage Door Service LLC

Here at 24 HR Garage Door Service our mission is to provide everyday working people outstanding service at your door step. We ensure quality, satisfaction, and dedication to each and every customer.

Offers Coupon

Precision Garage Door Service

Award winning. Serving Columbia and Lexington. Same day/24-hour emergency service available. The highest quality garage door parts and accessories available in the garage door industry. Certified technicians, fully stocked trucks. Precision Door Service has more than 20 years of professional experience in garage door installation and is committed to customer satisfaction. We do top quality work at an affordable price. Please feel free to email us at mail@theprecisionteam.com

Offers Coupon

Check, PayPal

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about David A. Curtis Sr.

How is David A. Curtis Sr. overall rated?

David A. Curtis Sr. is currently rated 4.8 overall out of 5.

What payment options does David A. Curtis Sr. provide

David A. Curtis Sr. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, PayPal

Does David A. Curtis Sr. offer free estimates?

Yes, David A. Curtis Sr. offers free project estimates.

Does David A. Curtis Sr. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, David A. Curtis Sr. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does David A. Curtis Sr. offer a senior discount?

No, David A. Curtis Sr. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by David A. Curtis Sr.?

No, David A. Curtis Sr. does not offer warranties.

What services does David A. Curtis Sr. offer?

David A. Curtis Sr. offers the following services: Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, roof repair, deck construction, cable wiring, door repair/replacement, tub/shower calking, custom cabinets, toilet repair, water damage, ceiling fan/light replacement, porch screen repair/replacement, lock/knob install/replacement, countertops, dryer vents, kitchen/bath remodeling, appliance installation, debris removal

Are there any services David A. Curtis Sr. does not offer?