Clyde Nettles Roofing & Painting

Founded 1950 • With Angi since October 2008

General Remodeling

Family owned. Location address - 7524 Fairfield Rd, Columbia, SC 29203. Award winning....

Restoration 1

Shelley Custom Roofing & Construction

Been in the building & roofing business since 1996. We offer Roofing and gutter work in central South Carolina. Please contact us today at (803)605-6135 for a free estimate.

Biotek Environmental Mold Removal

Biotek Environmental Mold Removal serves the state of South Carolina and parts of Georgia and North Carolina with offices in Columbia, SC and Greenville, SC. Biotek provides mold and moisture related services (investigation and remediation), flood recovery, fire restoration, crawlspace moisture control, encapsulation and dehumidification, steam pressure washing and carpet cleaning services. We know that you have many companies to choose from, and recognize that our success depends completely on creating a reputation of integrity, fairness and customer service, so maintaining great customer relationships is critical to us. As a result, our approach to customer service is simple, and that is to "always do the right thing, no matter how inconvenient it might be or how much it might hurt". Because of that unwavering focus on our customers, we are proud to have received the Angie's List Super Service Award for five consecutive years, and we are an A+ company with the Better Business Bureau in all of our markets. We encourage you to go to our website at www.biotekhelp.com to learn more about us. Thank you for giving BioTek Environmental, Inc. an opportunity to serve you and your family. Ancel Hamilton

12/30/2016

The estimator gave us a detailed list of what they would do if they installed a new roof. This included several things that the previous roofer did not tell us about such as several sections of our roof were at the minimum pitch for architectural shingles.....for these sections they would install additional waterproof membranes under the shingles as added protection. The installation crew showed u...

Description of Work
We contacted Clyde Nettles after another roofer installed a roof just a few months earlier with so many errors (high nailing, incorrect stagger, improper shingle weaves, missing flashing) that we could not trust it. We knew we needed a new roof.

09/23/2016

Did an excellent job on replacing roof (replaced 3 pressed board sheets, laid down snow/ice protectant covering, and all new architectural shingles} plus replaced 4-5 shingles on house. Carefully cleaned up afterwards. Couldn't ask for better service.

Description of Work
New roof on storage shed and check roof on house.

08/28/2014

We had several roofers evaluate our hail damaged (25.33 sq) roof. Decided on Clyde Nettles based on responsiveness to initial contact, professionalism and knowledge of their estimator as well as their price. I contacted their sales representative Bill Excell, and told him that, although their quote came out higher than our insurance company would allow, I would go with their firm with some modific...

Description of Work
Removed and replaced shingle roof

We did the initial roof measurement on 6/12/14, at which time no one was home.We emailed the estimate to replace the roof with 25 year shingles the homeowner on 6/13/14, we also included 240 lf of drip edge to comply with SC building codes. The homeowner contacted us and wanted a price to replace the roof using architectural shingles and to see if we could do the job for $6750. We advised the home...

04/15/2014

Very professional, did wonderful work and address a problem and fixed it, I've had with our house since it was build. Very attractive roof now.

Description of Work
Put a new roof on our house.

04/15/2014

This happened several times and the leak continued. However, there was always a prompt response and no additional charge. Finally the company sent another employee who speculated that the leak might be coming through the mortar on the chimney and that sealing the mortar might help. No promises and there would be an additional cost. They sealed the chimney and the leak stopped. The company's persis...

Description of Work
I had a leak into my living room which seemed to come from the roof. They replaced chimney flashing and did other minor roof repairs. The leak persisted and the company representative continued to come back and caulk and try other measures.

07/01/2013

I still have not found where the water problem is coming from. Had a plumber come out and found no plumbing leaks. Currently a drainage expert is reviewing the situation to determine if water is coming in from under the patio home or between our unit and the adjacent unit. Out issue is still unresolved and still causing us much distress. At this point..any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Description of Work
Did a complete evaluation of the interior roof line from the attic and outside. Found no issues that caused water to come in through the roof area.

05/28/2013

When I called the Clyde Nettles company a representative paid us a visit very promptly. He arrived exactly on time and even came late in the afternoon to accommodate my husband's work schedule. He first looked over our roof and took measurements, then made a very thorough presentation of what their company could offer, taking all the time we needed to answer our questions. There was absolutely no high pressure sales talk, which we greatly appreciated. He emailed us with a price quote the very next morning. I took several weeks to get quotes from 2 other roofers. One offered the same brand of shingles but in a color that Clyde Nettles had not included in their brochure, a color that we really liked for our home. Even though we could have signed on with that company as the prices were very close, we felt a lot more confident with the Clyde Nettles company. When I called their rep back with our dilemma about shingle color, he offered to obtain the color we wanted, and at no extra charge for this. We decided to proceed and were told there would be approximately a 3-week waiting list. Right about the 3-week mark, we got a call that they would be out the following morning to do our roof. They arrived promptly when they said they would and went right to work. Our rep was there off and on throughout the day and assured us that there was a very competent crew leader there who he had a lot of confidence in during the times when he had to leave. But judging by what I saw I really don't think they needed any supervision. Everyone there was extremely hard-working and seemed to know exactly what needed to be done and just did it. They were also very polite. I even heard them singing at times, but if I happened to go outside all became silent (except for the hammering!) I guess out of respect for my presence. They took great pains to clean up all debris, I hardly found any bits of shingles or nails left in our yard. They finished the job by late afternoon, then the rep came back the next day just to look the job over himself and make sure that we were completely satisfied. I would not hesitate to hire Clyde Nettles Roofing again, or to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Removed all old shingles, replaced plywood in areas where there had been some water damage caused by careless work of original roofers when the house was built, added flashing in areas where it hadn't been placed originally but should have been, installed a ridge vent over a sunroom addition that never had one before, installed new high-quality shingles, cleaned up all debris.

04/30/2013

Subcontractor was responsive and completed the work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Called because of a small roof leak when heavy rain. Promptly called back and made sure no water in house and set an appointment. He arrived promptly and looked at the damage inside and climbed on the roof and identified the location. Because the job was small he referred me to a subcontractor they use to do the job for less.

04/05/2013

They did a good job. I went with them based on their reputation. So, I may have paid a little more to go with them, but I was very happy with the outcome.

Description of Work
Clyde Nettles Roofing & Painting put a new roof for us.

04/08/2011

I need a section of my roof replaced from storm damage. Insurance company wanted to see an estimate first. My dad has been pleased with this company's work so I thought I'd call them, but just can't afford $90 for a service call to give me a "free" estimate!!!

Description of Work
Just a phone consultation.

Category roofer

Commercial and residential roofing, home repair & improvement, carpentry, remodeling and additions, fire & water damage restoration, and Commercial Painting,