Century Glass

Founded 1987 • With Angi since April 2010

Century Glass is a South Carolina based glass retailer that has been locally owned and operated since 1991. Randy Wright, the owner of Century Glass, contributes Century Glass’ success to simply staying focused on what matters most to you, our customer. By offering low prices, friendly customer service and the highest quality glass products available; our customers keep coming back to us, again and again. With showrooms in Charleston and Columbia, our trained and knowledgeable staff, strive hard to be the glass repair and replacement company you call first, when you have a glass need in your Home, Auto or Business. We look forward to earning your business. Additional DBAs - Century Glass Co, CenturyGlassSC.com. Additional e-mails - jcannon@centuryglasssc.com, centurysales@bellsouth.net. Additional phone - (803) 699-2342.

Amenities

This pro has not provided any licensing information to Angi at this time.All statements concerning insurance, licenses, and bonds are informational only, and are self-reported. Since insurance, licenses and bonds can expire and can be cancelled, homeowners should always check such information for themselves. To find more licensing information for your state, visit our Find Licensing Requirements page. Contact pro for more details.

Anne Marie D.
06/23/2018
I have reached out to Century Glass twice to repair a window for a customer, Friday I was told that they contacted my customer and were going between 10-12. No call nobody showed up and now I have an upset customer and nobody to do this job. She stayed home for hrs waiting on them. The Charleston office is terrible and would not recommend
Description of Work
Window repaired
Jan P.
05/08/2018
What a painless experience! I called yesterday afternoon. The woman who answered, Cindy, was pleasant and efficient, and in a very few minutes had all the information she needed (insurance company) and we scheduled an appointment for this afternoon. The technician gave me a courtesy call ahead of time, arrived on time and went right to work. Within about one-half hour I had a new windshield and he was on his way. He, too, was pleasant and efficient. Could not ask for better service. I would definitely use Century Glass again.
Description of Work
Replace cracked car windshield
auto glass
Brenda E.
11/05/2017
Not good - Five trips to my home for completion of shower doors. Shower doors were not prepared correctly at their shop, frame not cut, holes not lined up. Then there was a chip in of the the doors that they did not want to replace. They finally did when I mentioned an attorney. One of the other doors has a scratch in it - I'm going to just live with it. End result was ok - I do like the doors but would not use this company again.
Description of Work
Install new shower doors in Summerville, SC
scott A.
09/20/2017
They did an outstanding job installing some low-e windows. The price was fair. They show up on time. They do the job for either the estimate or less than the estimate. Their turn around time is quick. The work is professionally done. They are in and out. They are affordable.
Description of Work
Replaced windows.
replacement windows
scott A.
09/20/2017
The price was very fair. On quality, I lacked for nothing. Obviously, I'm planning on using them.
Description of Work
Just an estimate.
replacement windows
frank C.
02/13/2017
The install team improperly measured the opening and made at least two attempts to mount the doors, leaving drill holes in the tile where the first attempt was unsuccessful. The sliding door was installed crooked and the installers failed to properly clean the hardware before mounting. The install manager eventually came to try and correct the errors and told me that the installers did not measure or install in compliance with the method on which they were trained. The ultimate result was a very unsatisfactory job. This was a $2,000. + project and I asked the sales rep if the company was going to make an adjustment. She offered a $9 bottle of glass cleaner and said that the managers would have to make any further adjustments. I asked to be contacted and never heard form the company again.
Description of Work
Century Glass was engaged to provide and install a new glass enclosure [sliding doors] for a new bathroom walk-in shower. The quality of the product is exceptional; the professionalism, quality of install and customer service was unsatisfactory at best.
Category
glass repair, home remodeling, doors
Ken B.
06/23/2016
Description of Work
Installed a frameless shower door and replaced two fogged window panes.
glass repair, auto glass

Thank you so much for your positive review. We hope you are enjoying your Century Glass product. We take feedback very serious and appreciate you taking the time to provide it.
Deb B.
10/20/2015
A few minor craftsmanship issues, but overall a nice job. Gary, the estimator, was extremely cordial and professional.
Description of Work
Built glass custom framed glass enclosure for shower
Andrew W.
08/26/2015
Aug 4th - The came out and measured the window for ordering. Aug. 21st - They replaced the glass in the window. Aug. 22nd - The sealant dissolved and the window developed multiple air leaks. The edging came loose and my wife noticed the glass wasn't cut very straight. Aug. 24th - I called them to come out after sending them an emailed photo of it. Aug. 26th - They came out (this time with a manager) and resealed it using the same glass. The edging now lines up evenly. After they left, my wife informed me some of the sealant was dripped on our new carpet in that room. I doubt it was intentional. No, I'm not going to call and complain. In retrospect, I wish I would have just bought a new window from the beginning for $150 more. Either my wife is too picky or exterior glass windows just aren't their best work. They have so many good reviews, I hated to leave this one. Now I need to call and order new windows, wife is still not satisfied with the results. If she's not happy, no one is allowed to be happy.
Description of Work
Replaced cracked glass in a dual pane house window.
Mike W.
05/21/2015
glass repair, auto glass
Diane M.
02/10/2015
They were very fast in getting out here and very quick in getting the job done. They knew exactly what they were doing and created no mess or whatsoever and that's kind of an important thing because I've had work done by others in the pass and they really did a mess and things but this guy knew what was going on.
Description of Work
The insurance took care of the cost.
auto glass
Sandra F.
08/05/2014
Description of Work
Replaced fogged glass in 6 window
Allen C.
07/11/2014
It was a good experience. Everything was good.
Description of Work
They did our shower glass.
Allen C.
05/27/2014
Product was delivered and installed on time and as promised, great job.
Description of Work
Shower Glass door and enclosure.
Dwain J.
05/06/2014
Fine
Description of Work
Looked at the problem and suggested another company
ROBIN C.
04/25/2014
3/28/14 Century Glass sent out guy to get measurements. Couple days later got the quote back. On 4/3/2014 I went to the company to view the semi-frameless glass doors and paid my deposit. On 4/7/14 the installers came. Had a couple frames cut too short so they came back next day to fix. Had trouble with water leaking out door but Century was very timely and diligent about getting that fixed and now it is good to go. Very pleased. Expensive, but happy.
Description of Work
Measured, ordered and installed glass wall, panel and door on Bath Fitter installed shower.
Steve D.
04/03/2014
They were fantastic. The measurement was excellent and the quality of that door is excellent. They were also very easy to work with. They are an A company. They did a great job. I was very happy with them. I got some other things from them since then, and they seem to be reasonable compared to other places.
Description of Work
Century Glass did the glass door for our shower.
Tim E.
03/28/2014
They did a fine job.
Description of Work
Century Glass installed a shower enclosure for me.
Kathie H.
01/17/2014
It went great, they performed the replacement with no issues.
Description of Work
Replace windshield.
glass repair, replacement windows

We appreciate you choosing us for your windshield replacement, we love hearing from our satisfied customers!
Dennis L.
08/31/2013
I've used Cenury glass three different times. Their pricing is competitive, but most important is the quality and service. Anybody should be able to fix a chip in window glass, but installing large custom shower doors is another matter. They were made correctly and their installer was a top notch professional. I would highly recommend this company and wouldn't hesitate to use them for any of my glass needs in the future. I simply won't go anywhere else.
Description of Work
Installed shower door. Installed large mirror over double sink. Repaired stone chip in the window glass in automobile.
glass repair, replacement windows

Thanks [Member name removed], It was a pleasure working with you!
Clay S.
01/23/2012
They did a fine job for me. I would recommend them highly.
Description of Work
They replaced a piece of tempered glass in a commercial building.
Category
glass repair, replacement windows, auto glass
Tim E.
01/09/2012
They did previous work on a house we bought.
Description of Work
Replaced a pane.
Stephen C.
12/01/2011
On the first visit the window was measured and inspected to provide an estimate. After receiving the estimate and telling them to proceed they ordered the replacement double pane glass panel. About one week later they called to schedule the installation. On the second visit the broken glass was removed and the new glass installed. The estimate was based on two men performing the work. When only one man showed up to do the job I asked about the estimate so he called the office and the labor for the second man was removed from the price. I ended up assisting from the inside while he worked on the ladder from outside. The installer was knowledgable and pleasant. The only minor problem that I had was the installer did not wear shoe covers or a place a drop cloth on the floor below the window when he was inside working on our new light colored carpet. I offered to use my own vacuum to clean up the small amount of broken glass from the carpet to avoid him making another trip into the house. This is the reason for the "B" Quality rating.
Description of Work
Replaced the double pane glass in one sash of a second floor double hung window without removing the sash.
Marc W.
04/28/2010
Our bathroom window had moisture in between the layers, which caused the window to look foggy. First, we priced new replacement windows which were very expensive. Next, we contacted several glass shops. Century glass came out and measured the window. Then, we went to the showroom to select the style of glass. The office staff needed to contact the manufacturer to price each of the numerous style options, which took time. The installers came out for the installation in about a week. Unfortunately, the installers accidently broke the existing glass while they were removing it from the upstairs window. They cleaned up lot of the glass but, we found more glass for days! Overall, replacing the glass was much better than replacing the window.
Description of Work
Home window glass replacement.

Phone

Visa
MasterCard
American Express

FAQ

Century Glass is currently rated 4.5 overall out of 5.

Century Glass is open:

Century Glass accepts the following forms of payment: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

Yes, Century Glass offers free project estimates.

No, Century Glass does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

No, Century Glass does not offer a senior discount.

Yes, Century Glass offers emergency services.

Yes, Century Glass offers warranties.

Century Glass offers the following services: Shower Glass Services – Frameless, Semi-Frameless, Shower Doors, ADA Handicap Showers, & Maintenance. Home & Office Glass Services – Window Repair, Mirrors & Frames, Glass Tabletops, & Commercial Glass. Auto Glass – Replacement, Windshield Repair, & Auto Glass Safety & Rights.

Other Local Pros In Your Area

One Day Bath Tubs

(3)

One Day Bath Tubs

Family-owned company with 20 years in home improvement business. 80% of our business is repeat or referral business. We accept major credit cards(fees may apply) and e-check. We provide on-line billing.

There’s never been a better time to transform you home with Champion of Columbia! Think of us as a one-stop shop for everything you need to beautify your home’s exterior: windows, sunrooms, siding, roofing and doors. Only Champion offers the superior energy efficiency of Comfort 365 Windows, industry-leading limited lifetime guarantee, and award winning products made in the USA. For over 60 years, Champion has been manufacturing and installing quality windows, doors and sunrooms while creating a seamless experience for our customers. More than 9 out of 10 customers recommend Champion. Not only do Champion products enhance your curb appeal, but can also lower your energy bills, improve the comfort level of your home and reward you with a high return on your investment. Experience the difference Champion products can make for your home today! ENERGY STAR®, NSA, AAMA, Installation Experts, VSI, BBB, NFRC

Craftsmen Construction

(17)

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

Craftsmen Construction

We are a full-service residential construction and renovation company with over 25 years of experience. We specialize in Bathroom and Kitchen renovation, we also do tile, floor coverings, pre-finished hardwood floor installation, kitchen and bathroom renovations, doors, windows, cabinets, vanities, decks, electrical, plumbing, painting and drywall. Founded in the Midlands in 2002, we can remodel or repair any part of your home. We offer a range of quality services that encompasses everything between your crawlspace and the roof top of your home. We also offer handyman services to help keep your property in tip top shape! I love the challenge of solving home issues small and large, exceeding customer expectations, and helping customers build equity in their properties. Also, I enjoy and take pride in seeing the end results of a job well done.