Biotek Environmental, Inc.

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2008

Need expert water damage restoration, fire damage restoration, and mold remediation? BioTek Environmental Inc. is based in Columbia SC and serves South Carolina, North Carolina, and Georgia. We are rated A+ by BBB, and we are proud of having served more than 2000 satisfied clients since 2007. Get

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

mold removal (153)water damage restoration (26)home inspection (13)carpet cleaning (12)insulation (10)basement waterproofing (9)biohazard cleanup (1)upholstery cleaning (1)

01/29/2023

Dan S.

Water damage remediation performed on unattached garage. Charged $725.00 upfront for less than 1 hour "water damage analysis". Basic job was performed but charged for almost $2,000.00 in materials and services not supplied or performed. I complained to Ted Borys who admitted to some and excused others saying performed thousands of dollars in work not billed. Why not bill honestly for actual service provided? Asked why I was questioning since insurer approved - They weren't there to observe work. This is "Angi's" top recommendation? Dealing with Angi and Biotek turned unfortunate disaster into unpleasant and regrettable event.

Description of Work
Remove wet insulation and sheetrock. Dry walls and ceiling.

Category water damage restoration

12/30/2022

Tracy R.

As a disabled veteran who is going through a divorce, Ted came in a gave me peace. During this flooding of my home. He took his time and showed me tje water damage with his equipment. Not only that his reassure voice seal the deal, that I want no one else to work on my house but, Ted.

Description of Work
Water and Smoke Damage

Category home inspection, water damage restoration

Work Completed On 11/25/2022

Ms. [Member Name Removed]: We appreciate your service!!! Thank you for trusting us to help you through this!

11/08/2022

Paul F.

I believe that they took great care in assuring that the water damage was repaired and the mold were remedied. They worked very closely and cooperatively with me. They advocated for me rigorously with my insurance company. Very personable.

Description of Work
Remediation, water damage

Work Completed On 11/08/2022

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]! It was our pleasure to be able to successfully handle everything! We are here if you need anything else!

08/09/2022

Patrick S.

Ted from Biotek noted that since I had already done some home project work, the fix needed was actually something I could do myself. He gave great feedback on the root problem for moisture continuing to build up was the lack of a hose feeding to a vent from the bathroom fan, and that a simple dryer hose running to an existing vent exit in the attic would help on that front. He then gave steps on using a vinegar solution, elbow grease, and letting the area dry for several days (avoid that shower) after killing the existing mold, before applying a layer of mold sealing primer (like Killz). He saved me at least $2500 compared to some quotes I'd received to take care of the problem.

Description of Work
Requested mold removal quote for bathroom ceiling

Work Completed On 08/09/2022

So glad we were able to help you find the resolution easily! We are here when you need us, so feel free to contact us whenever you have any questions! We are very grateful for wonderful customers, like you!

10/28/2021

Greta G.

Amazing! Tyler was such a pleasure to work with. He was knowledgeable, friendly, and concise. Work was completed and we cant thank you enough!

Description of Work
Drying out our closet and garage after our toilet broke, flooding those areas!

Category water damage restoration

Work Completed On 10/28/2021

Thank you! We are very glad we were able to help and please feel free to reach out if we can help with anything!

04/07/2021

Kathy J.

Very well. Professional staff. Work was completed in timely manner

Description of Work
Mold restoration

Category carpet cleaners, mold removal

Work Completed On 04/07/2021

01/26/2021

Elizabeth W.

Poorly coordinated, owner refused to return to job saying it was too far away to conduct water test. Supervisor did not know how to conduct test. Agreed to facetime testing that didn't happen. Overpriced labor. Contract terms were fulfilled.

Description of Work
Determine water infiltration and extent of mold growth. Demolition and treatment

Category carpet cleaners, mold removal

Work Completed On 01/26/2021

I'm sorry if there were any issues that occurred. Our customers are very important to us and we strive to make sure that all issues are addressed and resolved. I apologize that I cannot find a customer matching your last name, and therefore, cannot specifically address this situation; however, if there was a miscommunication on our part, I am sorry and I hope that it was resolved for you. I want to stress that if we can assist in any capacity, please feel free to contact us any time.

10/07/2020

Dustin H.

Great, they came in and did an inspection.

Description of Work
Inspection for mold

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

Glad we were able to help you! Please feel free to call any time with any questions you may have!

10/06/2020

Jessica U.

Ted did a great and thorough job of evaluating our home for mold. I would recommend this company to anyone!

Description of Work
Mold inspection

Category home inspection, mold removal

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Thank you! It was our pleasure to help you, Ms. [Member Name Removed]! Hope all is going well for you!!

08/27/2020

Nicole F.

They were thorough and did the job right.

Description of Work
Mold removed

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Thank you Ms. [Member Name Removed]! It was a pleasure to help you!

12/01/2019

Billy P.

Very professional, we ended up not needing the service, but were grateful for their response!

Description of Work
Mold testing

Work Completed On 12/01/2019

Anytime we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us!

04/25/2019

Maury H.

Ok but their subcontractor was not very professional and project management was lacking.

Description of Work
crawlspace remediation and add dehumidifier

Category insulation, mold removal

Work Completed On 12/05/2018

05/29/2018

Debra L.

Very professional,came back after work was completed for a post inspection.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

[Member Name Removed], Thanks for the review! I hope all is well in the thriving metropolis o Silverstreet! We will be back out to check everything again mid-summer. Ancel

05/11/2018

Judy P.

Biotek is the best, most compassionate company I've ever dealt with. All the employees were top professionals with a very kind heart & ever so helpful. They answered all my questions honestly & were concerned about my health. All were knowledgeable, well trained, courteous, & performed the testing & remediation efficiently. They blocked off the place where the mold was found & protected me from any mold spores or mycotoxins the the remediation could stir up. They brought huge air scrubbers to my house to suck up all bad stuff in the air & used a special vacuum cleaner to clean the carpets, as well as cleaning the furniture. They thoroughly took every precaution & measure to get rid of all toxins & poisons from the mold that have made me so sick. I am so grateful for Biotek & pray for all in the company everyday. May God bless them more than they could ever ask or think.

Description of Work
Mold remediation

Category carpet cleaners, home inspection, upholstery cleaning, mold removal

Work Completed On 04/27/2018

[Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure serving you! Thank you for taking time to write this review, and thank you for trusting us to take care of your home! Than you also for your good wishes and prayers! Ancel

04/10/2018

Debbie W.

We have worked with BioTek Environmental, Inc. on several occasions. Ancel Hamilton and his crew are truly "the best". They are prompt, courteous, professional and do immaculate work! It is extremely reassuring to have them on a project. We have used them at homes in Hilton Head, Asheville and in Highlands, NC, and in all cases, they were exceptional. Most recently, Ancel drove to our home (six hours), determined the source of a hidden leak and mold growth and followed up immediately, dispatching a crew to rectify the problem. We recommend them without reservation! Brian and Debbie Whalen

Description of Work
We used BioTek three times in different homes for mold remediation and water mitigation.

Category home inspection, water damage restoration, mold removal

Work Completed On 03/14/2018

[Member Name Removed]and [Member Name Removed], Many thanks for taking time to write this review. It has been a pleasure serving you in your different homes since 2012!!! We appreciate the opportunities that you have given us to serve you!! Ancel

03/08/2018

ANGIE V.

I contacted Biotek Environmental the last week of February 2018 to schedule an inspection and analysis of a home my husband and I are interested in purchasing. The basement in the home has a mildew smell, and we wanted to get to the bottom of the issue as we were considering whether or not to make an offer on the home. I scheduled the appointment directly with Ted for today, March 8 at noon. I called the day before the appointment and confirmed it. We made arrangements with the sellers of the home and realtors to have this inspection done and coordinated schedules with all involved. Ted failed to show up at noon as scheduled. At 12:20, I called the BioTek main office in Columbia to make sure Ted was still coming. I was transferred to his cell phone number, and spoke to him directly. He said he was running behind schedule, but would be at our appointment once he finished with the prior customer. Note, no one from the company contacted me to tell me he was running behind for our appointment. Ted texted me at 12:47 to see if I could still be available if he arrived in 30 more minutes. I said yes, come on. He did not come. Instead, when I talked to him, he said he had called me and gotten no answer and had decided to put another customer ahead of me. Notably, I have no missed calls from Ted. But in any case, I had already confirmed my appointment multiples times and had spoken directly with him at 12:20 and texted directly with him at 12:47. So alas, after waiting for over an hour for him to arrive, Ted put another customer ahead of me on the schedule, and I have no inspection that has been performed. Now, I will have to find another company and make additional arrangements with the sellers and realtors for an inspection to be performed. I have never had any customer experience that compares to this one. This was a complete fail on the part of BioTek, and a complete waste of not only my time, but the time of multiple others involved. The only bright side is that you pay at the time of the service, so at least I did not lose any money.

Description of Work
Mildew/Mold Inspection and Analysis

Work Completed On 03/08/2018

This customer is absolutely correct. This was an abysmal failure on our part, and should not have happened. There is no excuse, and I can only apologize for the inconvenience and frustration that our failure caused. Ancel Hamilton

01/23/2018

Megan R.

Great- porch and attic are now clear and clean!

Description of Work
Mold removal

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

01/02/2018

claudia K.

Was supposed to send me a report.. so far have not received it..

Description of Work
Diagnosis of leak in ceiling..

Work Completed On 01/02/2018

11/17/2017

Lloyd P.

The visit went well. No complaints.

Description of Work
Needed evaluation on possible mold in the bathroom and on an old leak close to the back door. Suggested using silicon caulk around outside light to stop water leak. Think that it worked.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

10/26/2017

Roz F.

Good, since this is uncharted territory for most homeowners, make sure it is mold before you shell out a lot of money.

Description of Work
Check my crawl space for mold, and gave me an assessment.

Work Completed On 10/26/2017

10/23/2017

Angela C.

The person who came out was knowledgeable on the subject and assured me everything was ok.

Description of Work
Check for mold.

Work Completed On 10/23/2017

09/06/2017

amanda H.

He underestimated time required for remediation, but ended up not charging me for the additional time and stuck to his price. Paid half up front and other half when I was satisfied with the work done. Thorough.

Description of Work
Complete mold remediation and clean up of water damage done to walls in finished basement.

Work Completed On 09/06/2017