Air Necessities

Founded 1983 • With Angi since August 2008

M109369

7718 Two Notch Rd

Columbia, SC 29223

If you need a furnace, air conditioner,or heat pump replaced, repaired, or upgraded, Air Necessities has the best equipment to fit your needs. We can provide emergency or routine service for all makes and models. Air Necessities not only has heating and air conditioning equipment for your home or business, but we also offer a wide range of humidifiers and thermostats. For those with allergies, we offer a whole house electronic air cleaning system called the AccuClean. Installing the correct home comfort system is a crucial step. Our technicians are NATE certified to provide a professional and courteous installation in your home. Our team members are trained and have many years of experience in calculating and recommending the correct furnace, air conditioner, or heat pump for your home or business, providing years of comfort through the winter and summer seasons here in South Carolina. We now offer financing!!! DBA- North Valley Services Additional phone number- 803-714-3560...

HVAC Companies (74)electrician (2)generator service (1)air duct cleaning (1)

08/17/2020

Return home from vacation on Saturday Afternoon to no AC. Air necessities called me on Saturday afternoon to Schedule a tech for Monday morning. They had us back in air by lunch time Monday. Very reasonable price. Very pleased with responsiveness of this company.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor on air condition unit

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

Thank you for your review. We look forward to working with you again in the future. Take Care, Air Necessities.

12/31/2019

Tim came out today and did a fantastic job! He kept me informed of all issues he found, gave me suggestions and was very honest. Will hire again if needed. Thank you Tim!!!

Description of Work
Thermostat shorted out, found and repaired Short in system

Category electrician,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 12/31/2019

Mr. [Member Name Removed], We appreciate your time & your review. Please let us know if you need anything further. Thanks, Air Necessities.

12/20/2019

Very well. Price was $1300 less than other company considered. They were honest and prompt!

Description of Work
Installed new H VAC system

Work Completed On 12/20/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you in the future as well.

10/03/2019

Customer service rep very rude. Maintenance was not performed though I was charged for it. Company representative stated that HVAC unit doors are removed for coil cleaning yet these doors have been duct taped shut for the last several years - not possible to clean coils though they stated that they did do work!

Description of Work
Scheduled preventative maintenance

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Customer called in said the unit was broken and did not want to pay our diagnostic charge. We did indeed perform the maintenance service on 5/1/19 on their 20 year plus systems. The systems were maintained well obviously or there would of been several mechanical issues through the years. The Customer refused to pay the diagnostic charge of $69 which is company policy after almost 5 months that we ...

06/13/2019

It went ok. I was told my another HVAC company that my unit was so old that it couldn’t be repaired. Air Necessities charged $256. To repair. I understand that the unit will need replacing if it breaks down again. It bought me some time.

Description of Work
They replaced the converter in my HVAC unit.

Work Completed On 06/13/2019

Thanks for your review.

01/19/2019

Excellent. They were straight to the point of what was needed. Professional installation and was installed exactly as described. They followed up to make everything was working as expected

Description of Work
Installed HVAC system

Work Completed On 01/07/2019

09/07/2018

Got five different bids from separate companies. The Air Necessities guy was the only one who did a technical review of what my home required. The others just assumed the previous system was adequate. So I chose Air Necessities. I had a difficult install due to space limitations. We had some fit and finish issues. The management was very responsive. I later had a failed component. Again Management...

Description of Work
Replaced whole HVAC system with new high efficiency system

Work Completed On 07/16/2018

05/31/2018

So Happy this company came out to my home. I'm new in town and this company was referred to me by many different people and I'm glad I called them. We had no Ac and the tech came out within the hour of us calling and determined we needed to have a maint and add a small amount of freon. Very very happy. Will DEFINITELY be referring to others.

Description of Work
Air not working

Work Completed On 05/25/2018

05/30/2018

The technician came out and to look at the unit because it was not cooling the house properly. His diagnosis was that the unit needed to be cleaned properly before he could make a diagnosis. The technician with "25 years of experiences" was more interested in making a sales pitch for the $170 sales maintenance than actually diagnosing a problem. The owner was contacted and asked why the freon was ...

Description of Work
Diagnostics of HVAC

Work Completed On 05/30/2018

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I would like to respond to your review and further explain as well. The Diagnostic of $69 pays for an experienced technician to access what may or may not be wrong your heating and air conditioning system. Upon arrival our technician noticed that the air conditioning system had not been maintained in some time, he found the air filter very dirty, the outdoor condensing u...

05/13/2018

Technician was there before me and very professional. On the weekend so it was nice to have someone on such short notice. Explained the situation and fixed problem then cleaned up afterwards. Will use again!

Description of Work
Water leaking from ceiling from unit

Work Completed On 05/13/2018

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to taking care of all your HVAC needs in the future.

Heating & AC Units, High Efficiency System Upgrades, American Standard Equipment, Indoor Air Quality Specialist