Myatt Air Conditioning

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2010

1235 Camp

Charleston, SC 29412

Myatt Air Conditioning is a local family owned and operated, full service contractor, supplying quality heating and air conditioning sales, service and installation to residential and commercial clients. Setting new standards in workmanship and customer satisfaction, our highly skilled team meet all of your heating and air conditioning needs. Owner, Bernie Myatt, is a South Carolina mechanical contractor with over 28 years experience in the sales, installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of residential and commercial air conditioning and heating equipment. Our licensed technicians have years of experience and extensive knowledge with all makes and models of HVAC for both homes and businesses. Our skilled professionals will assist you with home comfort issues, reduce your energy costs and improve your indoor air quality. Your Comfort is our Goal!...

05/23/2020

Ann C.

My husband and I agree, last night was the best sleep we have had in weeks! We are so thrilled with the Coastal Air Condition and the dehumidifier that was installed May 22. For fifteen years, we have struggled with uneven room temperatures, lack of air coming our of vents and so much humidity that mold would grow on our walls. With our new system, we do not have the air conditioner temperature set as low as we had previously and can set the thermostat to tell the dehumidifier how much humidity we want in the house, keeping us comfortable. The whole system is so quiet, we don't notice when it turns on. The installation crew was experienced, professional, and answered all our questions. Bernie listened to our concerns and gave straight forward solutions. We appreciated the no nonsense approach and fair price. An important message was sent to these consumers when the president of the company dresses like his technicians and is out in the field with his crew. His name is the company name and he cares! Don't be surprised if he appears while the job is being done. We saw him three times! We look forward to many years of comfort!

Description of Work
replacement of HVAC

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

01/10/2020

Stephanie J.

Disappointed. I contacted Myatt 2 weeks ago trying to get home inspection items completed for the sale of my home. The receptionist was nice and took my info. I emailed her the home inspection info. Then no response for scheduling. A few days later I call and find out the receptionist was sick. Okay, so I tell the new person about my situation and that I am on a time limit to get these things done. She was very nice. After a few more days calling, she told me she handed my inspection report to the Marvin the HVAC technician a couple times. He never called to schedule. I told them I had found Myatt on Angie’s list and I was very disappointed in the lack of service. I had to use another HVAC company to get these inspection issues completed in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Home inspection items had to be completed before the sale of my home.

08/14/2018

Dan M.

When my HVAC failed I needed to replace the system. I made a determination on the mfgr's that I wanted to target. Trane/American Standard and Bryant/Carrier. I picked a number of contractors that appeared to have good reviews and asked them for quotes on the system replacement. Bernie(Owner) called me the next day. He asked me a number of questions: How did you hear of us? Have we done any work for you? How many other contractors have you called? I answered each question and before I could explain I was looking for quotes from contractors for the above mfgrs Bernie Myatt said "I am not interested in doing your work. You are only looking for the lowest bid. I do quality work." and he hung up the phone. I never spoke with him before this and he deduced from the above three questions that I was chasing the lowest bid and not a quality bid from a quality contractor that installs quality items. I never received a bid from Bernie but he appears to be doing just fine to turn work down based on a single request for a bid.

Description of Work
HVAC replacement

06/21/2018

Lesley W.

I came home Wednesday evening to find the AC wasn’t working. The temperature inside the house was 81 degrees and the forecast for Thursday was in the mid 90’s. I called Myatt Air Conditioning and within 30 minutes the owner was at our house assessing the issue. He ordered the part and had a technician come over first thing Thursday morning and he fixed the problem within 20 minutes. I am super impressed and so thankful! Myatt is top notch in my book and I give them an A+!

Description of Work
AC unit needed a part replaced

06/02/2018

GILBERT L.

The entire process was superb. We have owned our home on the marsh for 39 years. During that time we have had five different AC contractors . Myatt is by fat the best in all respects. The company owner was personnally involved throughout. He responded immediately to our initial call, gave very specific advice and a very fair quote which we accepted. Work started precisely on time. The crew of 5 were absolutely professional and extremely pleasant. Both the installation of the new system and the removal of the old system was compelex, but done with finesse. The work was completed on time and cost, and the air environment in our home is now far better than it has ever been in almost 40 years. We love it. Throughout the installation team members answered any questions we had politely and thoroughly. It was a "turn-key" operation. Clean- up was totally thorough. We will remain with Myatt for all aspects of our Air Conditioning needs. We have absolute confidence in Myatt and his professionals.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of Heat pump and Ducting. Duct work was moved from crawl space to Attic

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your business is very much appreciated and we thank you for sharing. Do not hesitate to contact us should you have any questions or concerns.

02/05/2018

David M.

Our HVAC system was old and undersized for the house. Bernie Myatt accessed the house and made recommendations for improvements which included replacing the existing indoor and outdoor units. In addition, his team rightsized the duct work to accommodate the new system, corrected the flow on the supply lines, and added a return. Areas that traditionally never received adequate air (such as the FROG) are now comfortable without using supplemental heaters. The technicians worked on the system two different days. Both days Bernie Myatt visited the site, met with his employees and proved updates to us about the status of the install. His team always showed up on time and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC and corrected duct issues

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We value your business and thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

01/12/2018

Beth H.

The men that came to perform the job were on time, courteous and efficient. They were mindful of any mess they created and made sure they cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Heat pump installed

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate your business.

12/19/2017

Nenny N.

excellent service and very happy - very fair

Description of Work
excellent service and very promt

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a comment - It was our pleasure to serve you as your comfort is our goal! Thank you for your business!

10/19/2017

Deborah H.

Great! Found the problem right away and replaced the part.

Description of Work
New fan replaced in A/C unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your comfort is our goal!...Thank you for your business!

08/22/2017

Cathy W.

Myatt Air Conditioning responded quickly and were at our home that same morning to assess the situation. Bernie Myatt quoted a price, offering two options. That afternoon his crew began working to replace the old system. The three man crew that was assigned to our job was punctual, polite, and efficient. We were very impressed and more than satisfied with their work. We highly recommend Myatt Air Conditioning for their excellent service.

Description of Work
In the midst of a heat wave, our old AC stopped working. Replacement of the old unit required installing a new return,a new unit (and duct work) in the most hard to reach area of a very hot attic, a unit outside, and new thermostat. The unseasonably hot weather made working conditions far from ideal to say the least.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. Your comfort is our goal. We certainly appreciate your business!

06/26/2017

Suzanne K.

The crew showed up exactly when they wee scheduled for. They worked hard all day, and now we have two new energy efficient units.

Description of Work
My hvac went out shortly before Memorial Day. I called Myatt because they are close to my house and the last time I called they were prompt and professional. Long story short: both of my 16 year old units needed to be replaced. Myatt replaced them before the long, hot weekend at a price I could live with.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for leaving a comment - We appreciate your business and look forward to servicing any of your HVAC needs in the future.

06/21/2017

john C.

Air conditioner patched up. I know I will need a new one in the near term, but trying to wait as long as I can. I will look to Myatt to replace when needed. As well as an HAVAC service plan.

Description of Work
In two separate occasions my old air conditioner went south, they were over the next day. When it's 88 degrees upstairs and you have contractors coming you need things fast. Cost was good, but excellent to promptness.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]!!

06/06/2017

nona J.

the guys who did the work were very professional and worked very hard to get our unit back together in a timely manner

Description of Work
we had to have our 11 year old air conditioning replaced with a new coil

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mrs. [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure and we look forward to serving you for any future needs. Thank you for your business.

05/18/2017

Monica T.

We are extremely happy with the service we received from Myatt Air Conditioning. After having a new heating & air system installed with Myatt, we will only use them. They showed up early in the morning, changed out our entire heating & air system and by 2pm the unit was running and cooling our home. The crew was courteous, and respectful. They cleaned up inside & out. We really appreciate owner Mr. Bernie Myatt taking the time to verify our square footage and letting us know what size unit would best suit our home. No pressure to buy, we are very pleased.

Description of Work
Installation of new heating & air system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mrs [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure and great meeting you and Mr. [Member Name Removed]

05/04/2017

Al E.

The crew finished today and I thought they did an amazing job. All the guys were very nice, courteous and responsive. They had an expert for each major task. The owner Bernie visited the site several times and was always checking in with the progress of the work. We had quotes from several other companies in the past but decided to call Mayatt because of their rating in Angie's list. Bernie came the same day I called. Mayatt was by far the best price and the best experience during the selling process. The owner came personally to assess the job and give us the quote. He did not try to upsell me on anything and treated my house like if it was his own in making recommendations. The work lasted 4+ days and every day the crew left the site clean and neat. They always came when they said they were coming and finished the job on schedule. My husband is super picky about everything and everyone took the time to answer his questions and address his concerns. They were even nice to my dog which was always trying to join the crew in the crawl space. All the paperwork for the rebate was done for us and forwarded immediately to us for filing with the power company. I would recommend Bernie, Levi, Lemont, Harold, Mike, and Justin, to take care of your AC needs. I am writing this review the same day they left so not sure if I will get any power savings from the new A/Cs -- I will let you know after I compare my bills this summer.

Description of Work
Replacement and relocation of 2 A/C units. All ductwork was replaced.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], As always it was our pleasure and we look forward to our relationship in the future.

02/28/2017

Dulaney W.

When my regular A/C guy was too busy to get to the problem soon enough, I tried others. Myatt was able to come out quickly. They were able to diagnose the problem and fix it. The price seemed high but there was not time to get another opinion.

Description of Work
Air conditioner stopped working in a rental house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed], it was our pleasure to help you with your HVAC needs. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

12/01/2016

Robert V.

Myatt Air Conditioning provided prompt service and a quote for repair of a heat pump system that failed. Price was reasonable, but when they started repairs, other problems with the unit were discovered and a new system was needed since repair costs would have been higher than warranted. I fully concurred with the repair technicians that discovered the additional problems after seeing the unit myself and never felt that I was being upsold a new unit that was not necessary. Bernie Myatt promptly provided a very competitive quote for a new system and it was installed quickly. I have used this company previously for HVAC repairs and installation of air filtration systems. I've always felt that I received fair and accurate repair charges when my older units have been serviced by this company, or I needed new equipment. All of the Myatt staff are courteous and professional. I highly recommend this company for both repairs and quotes on a new system.

Description of Work
Installation of a new heat pump and fan coil HVAC system. I have previously used this company for HVAC repairs on older systems.

10/20/2016

Cynthia B.

Called the office and spoke with Gigi. She said she would send someone asap. Just a few hours later I got the call at work that they were on the way to my house. Met Harold there, who checked out the heatpump and got it working. Then he crawled into the crawlspace and checked the ductwork, found the problem and called the office to report. Later that afternoon a two-man crew arrived to replace my return ductwork which was full of water. I've used Myatt Air Conditioning for almost 25 years and I wouldn't bother to call anyone else. Bernie Myatt is an honest, hardworking professional. His work crews and office staff are the greatest.

Description of Work
Needed heat pump and duct work checked after Hurricane Matthew storm surge.

09/22/2016

Larry L.

Myatt AC did an excellent job! They came out quickly to provide a quote and were able to do the work the same week. The crew was professional, thorough, and did a great job. The owner himself came out to assess and do the quote and also came the day of installation to check on everything. The price was one that could not be beat either! And they offer a great warranty for their work.

Description of Work
AC/Heat Unit Replaced

08/10/2016

Robert V.

Prompt service, accurate diagnosis, no attempt to upsell parts that I did not need, or try to sell me a new unit.

Description of Work
Heat Pump air handler unit stopped working

07/28/2016

Justine D.

Also emailed them through Angies List and still no response. I'm fine if they are very busy and are unable to fit me in but would just like to be told that. Instead of having me rearrange my work and childcare schedule to have someone at home for them, and then have them no show.

Description of Work
I've used Myatt before to install AC units. So I wanted to use them again. I Called several times and was told someone would come out twice. No one ever came and I didn't receive a call.

05/19/2016

Lauri R.

I am a retiree, living with my 2 pups. The service after checking with 4 other companies found that Myatt was the deal for me. I have never had such efficient and on-time installation of any home equipment. I was very impressed by Bernie Myatt and his staff. The care they took with me being older was excellent during the whole process.

Description of Work
Install a gas package unit and complete duct system

09/20/2015

Terry M.

They were awesome. They loaned us window units as we had out of town company coming for a week.

Description of Work
Sold us new air conditioner for good price. Repaired AC in our other house. Replaced blower motor & transformer.

It was our pleasure!

06/18/2015

Bob M.

I Qualify this review by fact that I have done business with this company for 30 years. One of my heat pumps had a serious leak in the freon system and the unit was old and ready for replacement. Mr. Myatt came out and checked it and was able to schedule one of his crews to install a new unit that same day. They did an exceptional job. I am totally happy with their service and concern for their customers. This is why I continue to use this company. They are honest and that is something you have a hard time finding in todays time.

Description of Work
Changed out one of my A/C units.

09/02/2014

Joshua G.

Myatt installed a new A/C system on my friends 2 story home about 2 years ago. I moved in to the home and noticed that some water had formed on the bottom of the air handler in the crawl space. What I thought was a LOT of water. I know that this humid weather can cause this, but it was even too excessive for that. I had a friend come over who is an HVAC tech and he said that it was missing the rubber grommets where the lines went in and out of the unit, creating suction of crawl space air and this helps cause this issue. I called Myatt, thinking to myself, this is NEVER going to happen. Installed over TWO years ago, a friend calling of the owner to say improper install (a very MINOR improper install, wouldn't hold it against them) and they are going to tell me to stick it!!! I could not have been MORE wrong. They answered the phone, heard the story, and a tech arrived within 45 MINUTES after hanging up. He saw the issue, corrected it and was down the road.... That, ladies and gentleman, is a company that doesn't play games. That is a company that CARES and takes PRIDE in the work they do. That, is a company that truly deserves an A rating!!!! Myatt knows something that few other companies know. TAKE CARE OF AND STAND BEHIND THE WORK THAT YOU DO. That is how you grow a company. They remind me, well, of me :) No song and a dance about how my friend needed to call, no "well it's been over 2 years since we installed it" no blah,blah,blah. If we did it and we missed something, then we WILL take care of it. Period. End of story.

Description of Work
Took care of an issue that was a slight overlook from a previous install.