Moisture Control Experts

Founded 1998 • With Angi since September 2007

PO Box 40246

Charleston, SC 29423

Moisture Control Experts has been servicing the Charleston South Carolina and surrounding areas since 1998, becoming the area's only choice in commercial and residential mold testing and remediation services. Our highly trained staff also specializes in Crawl Space Encapsulation and Dehumidification Systems, structure repairs and crawl space repairs...

01/26/2016

Charlie G.

We had used Terry before to evaluate a crawl space in a house we were looking to buy. We were very pleased with his inspection process. We did not buy the house based on his inspection. When we developed a mold and moisture issue in our current house sunroom we called Terry. It was determined that the best fix was to encapsulate the sunroom crawl space and install a dehumidifier. Jody and his crew removed the sunroom floor, encapsulated the crawl space, installed the dehumidifier and put in a new sub-floor in 3 days. We were very pleased with their level of professionalism and thoroughness on this project. We would definitely recommend them and use them again if we had any mold and or moisture issues.

Description of Work
Removed moldy floor in sunroom, encapsulated the sunroom crawl space, installed dehumidifier, and replaced sub-floor

06/08/2015

Jessica W.

Moisture Control Experts are exactly that -- experts. We have had a slew of moisture problems since we purchased this house 1.5 years ago. Moisture Control Experts has helped us many times along the way. We are so thankful to feel confident that our house is in good hands and our mold problems are taken care of. Nothing but the best!

Description of Work
Mold treatment for mold on glue on subfloor under our floor tiles.

04/03/2015

Ann Marie K.

We are having our screen porch enclosed. I called several companies listed on Angie's list to see about having my crawl space insulated. Several did not call back. One called me back but after I left two messages. I was unable to answer the phone at the time. He left no message. I returned the call immediately and left a voicemail but still have not received a return call. One person tried to sell me everything under the sun before they would even come to see what I needed. I was really turned off by this. Jody with Moisture Control Experts returned my call and set up an appointment for the next day. He got to my house a little earlier than he thought but that was okay. I explained what we were planning on doing and asked for his recommendations. Should we encapsulate the underneath of the screen porch even though the rest of the house was not or did it make sense to foam etc. He crawled under the house to inspect our current situation. After looking at the underneath of the house. He explained that we have no mold or damp areas under the house. He said that he has seen houses that have encapsulation and they don't look as good as our free air flow crawl space. He said since the area is going to be less exposed to the elements than now....it may be best to leave as is. He laughed and said, "I would love to sell you something but you don't need it. You may years from now but for now your free flow air crawl space seems to be fine". I thanked him for his honesty and he left. I will definitely call Jody and the people from Moisture Control Experts in the future if I need work done because I feel they will give me an honest assessment for any work that will need to be done. Thank you Jody for being an honest expert!!!!

Description of Work
He came and inspected the crawl space under the house

08/16/2014

Jim G.

Had a few bumps in the road but Terry and I were able to work thru our differences and get to the finish line. I had to do a little more follow-up work than usual but I would certainly recommend Mr. Tilly with Moisture Control Experts.

Description of Work
Added support to flooring of home. Installed 9 foundation piers.

Category foundation repair

07/03/2014

Jessica W.

I've never worked with a such a great company. We had Moisture Control Experts come out to do an estimate on a house we were thinking about buying. The estimate was so thorough that we knew how many joists and even the square footage of sill that we had to have replaced. We got many estimates for the job (which was lifting the house, almost a complete rebuild of the bottom, mildew treatment, and full encapsulation). Moisture Control was not the cheapest, but they were by far the most thorough and professional. We felt completely reassured that our house would be taken care of, and boy were we right! Terry and his crew are extremely hard workers and went above and beyond to take care of our house, even though our crawlspace was very bad. We are so thankful for these guys. We were able to use their estimate to negotiate exactly what we needed out of the purchase price, AND we are so happy to have our house done right so that we can live a lifetime in this house. If you have mildew problems, you can trust Moisture Control Experts to tell you exactly what you need to do to fix it and rest assured that they will do a thorough and complete job to protect your house. They may not be the cheapest, but I feel like when you want to protect your house and the air you breathe, the best is the better way to go.

Description of Work
Lifted our house and pretty much rebuilt the undercarriage, New section of center and outer sill, new pier, sistering joists, cut new access hole & framed in all access holes, Full encapsulation with dehumidifier & 20mil

04/05/2014

Diane C.

The workers arrived on time..kept us informed daily and were very professional. They cleaned up everyday. Wood had to be cut and sawdust was swept up and lumber stacked. Because of rain they could not work one day but came on Saturday morning ti finish the job on time. I job superviser, Jody, is a total professional, always ready to answer any questions. He said he would be back to inspect after a few weeks to make sure everything is working as it should. I have already recommended this company to a friend.

Description of Work
This was a major project dealing with moisture, mold,joist replacement and floor leveling. In addition, a vapor barrier was installed in the crawl space. A humidifier was also installed.

06/18/2013

Fred & Joyce M.

As noted above, no problems whatsoever. I highly recommend the firm.

Description of Work
We had a foundation repair company do some repair to our foundation. They had to do the work from the crawl space under the house. We asked tham to cover the dehumidifier unit that Moisture Control installed about five years ago. In the process they ended up turning a dial that controls the unit. As a result, the unit was in effect turned off. Terry Tully came to the house and reset the control. When I asked for the bill, Terry said "no charge". Now that's really outstanding service.

05/23/2013

Lok L.

Test went as planned. However, that was the end of the good stuff. At the end of the testing, it was revealed that we couldn't get a quote for remediation without paying another $150. This was not disclosed prior to testing and they charged among the highest for the testing. We did get the mold test result with the statement that we had a problem. While they did answer my follow-up call, they were unwilling to answer my questions in layman's terms and they would not send me a written statement on the origin of the problem. They had told me there was no moisture in the walls during the testing and after I told them I found a rotted window sill a week later, they changed their story and accused me of not having listened carefully to them. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Did a mold test.

Category mold removal

Mr. [member name removed] has a hard time speaking and understanding english and there is definitely a language barrier. When he had called the office for a quote he was informed by the staff at the office of all charges prior to going to his home in which he agreed to. Before testing was started a form must be read, filled out and signed before testing begins which also clearly states all charges including the protocol plan charges. After test results came back Mr. [member name removed] was E-Mailed a detailed letter of my findings which clearly stated my findings with color photos and my opinion of where moisture and mold originated from. I was well aware of the window leak and damage that Mr. [member name removed] was pointed out in no way had anything to do with the mold growth under his hardwood floors that was approximately 55 foot from window. Mold growth under Mr. [member name removed] floors was caused from unprofessional installation of hardwood floors being installed on top of existing hardwood floors as stated in my report of findings. As far as tardiness is concerned i always give a time frame and call at least one hour before arrival time.

05/20/2013

Thomas M.

Terry was very professional and timely with all items promised for our moisture control and crawl space enclosure project. Work crew was very polite, started on time, and did an excellent job. I would highly recommend Terry and his company.

Description of Work
Enclosed crawl space and moisture control

05/07/2013

Josh R.

I have never delt with a more professional, responsive, reliable and trustworthy company in my life. We had some serious level 3 contaminated water issues as a result of a broken pipe under my crawl space. This issue occurred while I was out of town for business and my wife was home alone with our two children. Upon returning home, I contacted Mr. Tully (owner) and within a day he was at my home assessing the situation. It was apparent to me from the onset that Mr. Tully was very well-versed in this field and was more than capable of handling the situation at hand. It was extremely comforting to me to deal directly with the owner of the company and to know that he truly was an expert. It was furthermore comforting to know that he could handle all issues that arose from the water damage from top to bottom (literally). Mr. Tully did not downplay the situation at all, but he did put me at ease in assuring me that they would address the situation in a very thorough manner and adhere to all regulatory and safety standards in doing so. During the course of the water removal and mold remediation, Mr. Tully brought to my attention that my crawl space was taking on water due to poor drainage. He showed me the problem instead of just explaining it to me and there was absolutely ZERO pressure to spend additional money. He simply explained and showed the problem at hand and I never felt as if I was being pressured into buying any kind of additional service. After learning about issues that come as a result of standing water in a crawl space, I made the decis

Description of Work
Removal of level 3 contaminated water, standing water under crawl space, mold remediation, crawl space encapsulation, and minor general structural repairs.

Mount Valley Foundation Services

Mount Valley Foundation Services, founded in 1986, is a subsidiary of Groundworks, a family of companies that offers superior, proven solutions for your foundation repair, structural repair, crawl space encapsulation, dehumidification, and concrete leveling needs. They are the oldest foundation repair company in South Carolina and currently maintain offices in Columbia and Greenville. Mount Valley is a recognized accredited member of the Better Business Bureau and devotes its years of experience, industry knowledge and specialized training to help customers protect their homes or commercial buildings from water damage, concrete sinking, and foundation failure.

Offers by Mount Valley Foundation Services on Angi
    Travis Connolly Services LLC

Run natural gas and propane lines. Leak repairs, fire pits, installation of new lines, Installing gas appliances and hooking them up as well as any maintenance needed. Like to do it the correct way the first time and you will not have any issues!

Biotek Environmental Mold Removal

Biotek Environmental Mold Removal serves the state of South Carolina and parts of Georgia and North Carolina with offices in Columbia, SC and Greenville, SC. Biotek provides mold and moisture related services (investigation and remediation), flood recovery, fire restoration, crawlspace moisture control, encapsulation and dehumidification, steam pressure washing and carpet cleaning services. We know that you have many companies to choose from, and recognize that our success depends completely on creating a reputation of integrity, fairness and customer service, so maintaining great customer relationships is critical to us. As a result, our approach to customer service is simple, and that is to "always do the right thing, no matter how inconvenient it might be or how much it might hurt". Because of that unwavering focus on our customers, we are proud to have received the Angie's List Super Service Award for five consecutive years, and we are an A+ company with the Better Business Bureau in all of our markets. We encourage you to go to our website at www.biotekhelp.com to learn more about us. Thank you for giving BioTek Environmental, Inc. an opportunity to serve you and your family. Ancel Hamilton

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Commercial & residential mold & moisure remediation, air quality testing, crawl space dehumidification systems and encapsulaions installed. foundation repair, floor joist and piers. termite damage repaired. Moisture barriers and french drains installed

Home building or new foundations.