Aviv Service Today

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2007

1941 Savage Rd Suite 300E

Charleston, SC 29407

With 30 Years experience, Our service charge is from $89.95. to $109.95 The Service Charge covers the cost of bringing a fully-trained technician and his mobile service shop to your home to diagnose the problem with your appliance.and to give you the cost of repair.we offer 5 YEAR PARTS WARRANTY & 10% senior discount OFF THE REPAIR....

04/07/2022

Diane T.

It's been quite a while, but I want to give a shout-out to an excellent service tech named Joe. On 1/21/22 he repaired my dryer, but told me if I had any more issues with it, I would probably need a new repair kit. I'm not sure of the date that he came next to repair it, but he did a great job. He was courteous, respected my home, and made sure to clean up after he was done. I would not hesitate to use Joe if I have any more electrical needs. Diane Ratcliffe-Tripodi

Description of Work
Dryer Repair

04/06/2022

Claudia S.

The customer services reps were very professional, helpful, and accommodating. We have had 2 different technicians: both were professional and explained our problem being neat and tidy through the repair and were very careful moving the refrigerator on our hard wood floors. I would definitely recommend Aviv and will use them again if the need arises.

Description of Work
2 different refrigerator repairs

12/07/2021

Michel R.

They did well but the repair is beyond repair already, they immediately told me that a repair will not be worth it, they did not took advantage on the situation and id not make money out of it, that's why I just replaced the clothes dryer.

Description of Work
Stove/Oven repair 4 years ago and Clothes dryer repair 3 years ago

12/23/2020

Joe B.

Andre, the tech, was quick, clean, polite and informative. He had the parts he needed and made a good recommendation to help my appliance last longer and work more efficiently. I’ve used Aviv before and am very comfortable and confident using them.

Description of Work
Replaced freezer and Refrigerator door gaskets

08/18/2020

Karen F.

I called this morning because my ice machine is malfunctioning. I have used this company for over 15 years. Probably more. I am told the next appointment is in 11 days. They cannot get here sooner. But......if I want to pay a premium fee of $250 on top of the repair price they will send someone today. Can I pay the $250? Yep. Will I pay the $250? Nope. This is unfair trade practice. A very poor (and I do mean VERY) treatment of a customer. Especially a loyal customer. I will never use this company again. I will also do my best to spread the word.

Description of Work
Repair LG Refrigerator/ Freezer

04/04/2020

Charles P.

I called AVIV at 8am on a Monday morning and the technician, Joe was there before lunch. Thank goodness because the refrigerator was making so much noise, we could barely stand it. Next time we need appliance service our first call will be to AVIV.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

05/19/2019

Gail S.

Repair man, Alex, was very professional and very efficient as well as very informative about my appliances. I recommend him highly!

Description of Work
Repair of dishwasher and dryer

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your review.

02/10/2019

Johnny T.

Initial visit was for diagnosis-$89. Returned w/part & performed 2+ hr. defrost & install. COST: $496. It worked fine for 2-3 weeks, then stopped again. Called AVIV again. This time, a $196. Main Control unit had to be ordered. Still waiting to hear for install appt. BUT... NO Labor charge for 2nd part install. CSR & Tech were very courteous, polite & able to resolve my issue. I would highly recommend AVIV, and will use them again, but hopefully not too soon. J. Tate Sullivans Island, SC

Description of Work
Thermostat module in Side-by-Side Frigidaire unit.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your kind words.

12/25/2018

michael S.

Really good, fair service, the service technician was delightful, thorough and persistent is resolving issues. While one expects a service provider to do work on a timely basis I was genuinely appreciative of workmen like manner, professionalism and satisfaction of outcome. In sum they came as promised; provided services as offered and recommended and completed on time and on budget as promised. Three cheers for saying what you are going to do and doing what you said would likely use again as of this writing.

Description of Work
Consulted/fixed ice maker; wine cooler; oven & stove

11/05/2018

Jason M.

I paid $109 for a guy who took an hour and was one the phone with his boss and the appliance manufacturer for most of it. He ordered a part. Four days later he came back and the part wasn't the right one. He still took an hour and was on the phone to determine that! Then, incredibly, when he left, the problem was fixed. Real amateur hour. I called and cancelled the part, and they didn't refund my $109. Footnote: I also had a need of a new motor for a microwave. I knew it was the motor, and now that the fridge is back to normal, I am paying $109 for the service call charge for the microwave. Again, I knew what the issue was! It was all in all a big waste of time and money.

Description of Work
appliance repair

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

We are very sorry you feel this way, sir. Everything was done in the power of our staff and management to appease you, including giving you a refund. Our company has been in business successfully since 1999, receiving the Angie's List Super Service Award multiple years in a row. We stand by our work and the core values that lead us to be the premier appliance repair company in the Charleston area. That being said, we realize some customers just cannot be satisfied and we are willing to accept this misfortune because we know we have done all we can to work with you.

11/04/2018

Bo R.

Technician was very friendly, concerned, professional, and gave me exactly what I needed. I’ve always been pleased with Aviv.

Description of Work
Dead refer, too expensive to repair.

07/23/2018

Angie S.

Excellent. Nate our service man was polite, very knowledgeable and came to appointment when schedule. I highly recommend this company!

Description of Work
Repair dishwasher

02/22/2018

Donna H.

Had a replacement of element 3 years ago but obviously was not a solid connection because element shorted and burned out. Aviv's made the job look easy but oven door had to be removed, gas disconnected and stove pulled from wall to access wiring. All the things not done by other repair company. Little high on repair, I had my own element which was a little over $100. Would definitely use again to get the repair right the first time.

Description of Work
replace element through back of oven

Category appliance repair, electrician

01/09/2018

Marilyn J.

In a word, superlative! Since the company had been set back by the snow storm of the century, and jobs delayed therefrom, the technician came to our house on the first day I thought it could even be possible. And despite it being 7 PM, he was good-natured, funny to talk with, and absolutely professional. He carried on a friendly conversation about kids and grandkids with us while tearing apart our freezer in short order, fixing it, testing it, and putting it back together in the quickest fix of any appliance I have experienced. This was a man that I would love to have as a friend. Just a great person to talk with and obviously an extremely knowledgeable technician. There is no question how Aviv has earned such a top rating if this person represents the sort of people that work for them.

Description of Work
Repaired my freezer fan, which was inoperative.

11/02/2017

Tom A.

Very responsive, prompt and professional.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repairs

11/01/2017

beth N.

Nate Riser was a pleasure to have in my home. He was friendly, very proficient and professional. The service was above excellent! It is so nice to be able to rely on a service that you trust. Most Sincerely, Beth Neboschick

Description of Work
The drain tube was frozen in my LG refrigerator.

10/29/2017

Merwin H.

Great! Professional technician, very friendly and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Finally fixed a gas GE stove that has been giving us problems the last few years. Tried other services, but this is the one that made it happen.

10/14/2017

Ellen B.

Every step of the way, we had an incredibly great experience with Aviv service. The ladies on the phone (I spoke with Jessica and someone else, I'm sorry I can't remember her name) were always pleasant, gracious, exceedingly polite and customer centric; something I find usually lacking these days. When I asked if there was any way they could give me a ballpark quote up front, she took information about my appliance and problem, spoke with the technical team, and called back (like she said she would) with the information I needed. When I needed to change my appointment at the last minute, they were understanding and accommodating. They called when the technician was at his prior appointment to let us know we were next. The tech called when done with the prior appointment and told us how long it would take to get to us. The tech, Nate, was pleasant and knowledgeable and even had the part on the van; so we were able to get the fridge fixed in the one visit! All the way around, we had a great experience and I highly recommend them. I will definitely use them whenever I have a future appliance repair need.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Repair

09/23/2017

Robert K.

very good...parts were ordered and replaced within a week

Description of Work
Replacement of ice maker

09/14/2017

George W.

In day two, post Hurricane Irma, Aviv was able to service our freezer. Alex came and did a thorough job of trouble shooting. It turned out that we needed a new ice maker. Removing the old one and installing the new one took about 20 min. Clean up was easy, because he was careful and didn't make a mess. All in all, it was a great experience and if, in the future, I need appliance repair, I will call Aviv

Description of Work
Our Ice maker wasn't working

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your kind words, we're here when you need us.

09/11/2017

Louis W.

Good. This is the last review I will do for this joke of a web site

Description of Work
Don't remember

07/18/2017

Dean L.

Repair was poor but it worked need to do better job on all aspect of repairs

Description of Work
Dear Mr. or Ms. Manager This is response to your recent response to my email on having work done by your company. I was not going to respond but your company request a response. I was trying to be very cordial toward you and you company on repairing my Samsung stove and refrigerator and you replied that Samsung was new to the appliance company and you did not have any parts to repair my Samsung appliances, you have been in business for 30 years but you cannot keep up with change, you should still be delivering ice cubes via a horse and carriage. If my students followed you we will still be building the Wright Brothers airplane and the Model T Ford automobile. My students do not leave parts left over and broken using an electric drill (Bryan, your best tech) they build and design airplanes and wings for major companies here in SC. Bryan left screws on my floor and a broken right housing to cover the icemaker on the right side looking in the freezer. I replaced the icemaker with an 5 year warranty and free help via the Internet the same that you offer. A lot of glue and metal washers holds the housing together, I know that an airplane is not the same as an refrigerator but 12 billion people fly a year which my students build (how many wings and broken parts are found on a plane in 30 years?) If you are going to fix appliances get modern or quit, do it right the first time and have the parts like a thermocouple and not over tightening screws. PEOPLE look for answers You Tube still helps, if you are afraid of a screwdriver call Aviv and pay to much, and they don't give a Senior Citizen Discount.

06/07/2017

Chris G.

My customer experience with Aviv was "off the charts good", from start to finish. Super easy to make an appointment, communication before the appointment was thorough and the professional they sent out (Bryan) was phenomenal He diagnosed the problem quickly and our "dead" frig was back cooling in less than an hour....I do not normally write reviews unless the service is above and beyond, Aviv is definitely above and beyond the competition!

Description of Work
Revive my " dead " year and a half old frig....

06/06/2017

Alicha G.

Went horribly wrong from the beginning.... arrived a day late... took over an hour and thirty minutes to diagnose problem.... once figured out, the grand total came to be $416.50!!! ***! FIRST OFF THE **** SERVICE CALL WAS 89.95! .....another $50 deposit for them to order parts.... AND THEN ANOTHER $326.55 for the parts and install! STAY AWAY FROM AVIV SERVICE TODAY!!!!! YOU DEFINITELY WON'T GET SERVICE THE SAME DAY....AND IF YOU DO, YOU WON'T LIKE THE COST! We are better off getting a brand new DRYER! SMDH!

Description of Work
Our Samsung dryer needed servicing as a result of heat loss and not drying clothes!

Category appliance repair

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], First and foremost, thank you kindly for sharing your feedback with us. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for our company, as indicated by our many positive reviews on Google, Facebook, Home Advisor, and Angie's List. We consistently work to keep our prices in line with industry standards. Depending on new and used condition, your dryer would be between $600-$700 to replace. Replacing a heating element is a major functional part of a dryer, similar to periodically replacing the breaks on your vehicle. And while we understand that no one "wants" to spend money on appliance repairs, we do work hard to provide professional, stress-free service.

06/01/2017

Peg E.

Service was prompt, efficient, friendly, and well done.

Description of Work
Refrigerator/freezer repair. Several new parts were needed, ordered, as necessary, and the work was properly completed.