DENDRODIAGNOSTICS INC

Founded 2005 • With Angi since August 2008

DendroDiagnostics is a chapter S corp. with one employee. We use no subcontractors. I use my intellectual property of education and experience in diagnosing problems with trees. I have a Masters degree in Forest Entomology and Pathology from Duke University and retired from the SC Forestry Commission after 29 years as the Leader of the Forest Health Unit. I am a Registered and Certified Forester, an ISA Certified Arborist (Tree Risk Assessment Qualified) and a Commercial Pesticide Applicator. DendroDiagnostics has several rate plans, depending on the degree of services needed. Our basic rate is $75/ hour for actual evaluation time (not travel). Angie's List members get a $5.00 discount on the first hour of work. For local evaluations there is no charge for travel time and no charge for the first 20 miles traveled. Mileage beyond that 20 is charged at $.50/ mile. Work outside the Columbia area does incur travel charges of $20/ hour + $.575/ mile. Daily and half day rates are also available....

Green Landscaping Maintenance and Design LLC

Landscaping, Hardscaping, mulch installation, paver patio's, installation of new trees, plants and shrubs.

Offers by Green Landscaping Maintenance and Design LLC on Angi
Zone1 Sprinkler Repair & Installation

Zone1 Sprinkler Repair & Installation is a full service lawn irrigation repair and installation company. We service Rainbird, Hunter, Toro and Nelson sprinklers. You can count on us to repair a leaking sprinkler or design and install a full lawn sprinkler system. No task too small or too large. We also offer landscaping services such as sod installation, grading, LED landscape lighting, paver patios and much more! Let Zone1 Sprinkler Repair & Installation be your first choice for all your irrigation needs. We service the entire Lexington County, including Lexington, Lake Murray, Columbia, Irmo, Chapin, West Columbia, Blythewood and surrounding areas.

Offers by Zone1 Sprinkler Repair & Installation on Angi
Black River Landscaping

We can take care of all of your Landscaping and Lawn Care needs.

07/09/2019

david W.

Mr. Boone did a great job looking at every tree and deciding which trees were diseased and which ones were healthy, as well as helping me decide how to thin the trees on my property. He also provided a detailed written analysis and plot diagram of the project. He is a very knowledgeable arborist.

Description of Work
analysis of trees on 3/4 acre wooded lot

05/10/2017

Kevin F.

Very knowledgeable and helpful experience

Description of Work
Evaluation of health of trees on lot.

05/13/2016

Brian M.

Everything went very well. Mr Boone, came to my property 1 year ago when it was new to determine potential construction related damage to trees. I called him to come back for another walkthrough in preparation for the 1 year walk through with the builder. Mr Boone confirmed that 2 large White Oak trees and 1 large Mockernut Hickory tree were dead and needed to come. There was a second hickory tree, which while viable was leaning in a way that made it a hazard to the house and removal was indicated. Mr Boone showed were a type of fungus was already attacking the dead oak. He also captured an ambrosia beetle that was feasting on the dead hickory and pointed out the many bore holes and sawdust on the bark indicating the degree of beetle infestation. He utilized GPS coordinates to mark the location of the four trees to be felled. The trees to come down were banded in blue. He then identified 2 living white oaks, 100+ feet in height requiring some dead limbs to be pruned. These trees were banded in yellow. A Google Map was provided as part of the job with tree locations identified by pins and the written evaluation of his visit spoke to the type of damage to the trees / tree root system and what could and could not be considered as due to construction damage. The report clearly laid out the problems; and as part of the 1 year walkthrough, the builder concurred with the report and the four trees needing to be downed were taken care of by the builder. The cost I'm sure was $5,000 + to take down the 4 trees and grind the stumps. Obtaining the services of Mr Boone, an expert with multiple certifications related to trees, arborist, forester was a great investment. He is professional, knows his business and works for the customer providing exceptional, knowledgeable service. I will definitely be back in contact in the future with Mr Boone regarding the trees on my property.

Description of Work
Assessed the health and status of trees on my property, that were impacted by construction.

12/14/2015

Jan R.

Andy Boone proved to be a very knowledgeable source. He provided a great evaluation of the trees on our property. He identified those that needed to be eliminated and provided input on what trees to plant that are native to our region. He also helped label the trees to keep and provided input on how to maintain and nurture them. He gave us insight on tools and preferred methods to eradicate unwanted species and underbrush. After his visit, he provided a written summary of his visit and included additional instructions and ideas.

Description of Work
Provided an expert assessment of trees on our property.

06/07/2015

Mike E.

Andy was great. Very very knowledgeable. Discussed all areas of shrub and tree care. Provided a complete written report. Highly recommend you use Andy for any tree question. Will use again.

Description of Work
Complete inspection of trees and shrubs.

05/11/2015

wayne T.

We completed construction of our home last spring. A huge (60-80 yr old) red oak is in our back yard, we love it. When it suffered an early leaf drop last fall, we engaged a local arborist (not DendroDiagnostics) at that time and were told it was stress from construction and over-watering. Corrective action recommended was to reduce watering and have various treatments and nutrition applied by the arborists company. We made an appointment to have the work done in the spring. When they did not show up to perform the work and failed to respond to two attempted contacts, I went to Angie's List (should have done so last fall, but did not) and located DendroDiagnostics among multiple other providers. After conversations with 6 different listed providers, chose DendroDiagnostics as the one to go with based on the business description being heavily weighted for analysis and diagnosis of conditions, which was validated during the telephone conversation. Andrew Boone (Andy) is DendroDiagnostics, we were totally satisfied with his work. Upon arrival, our initial observation was very positive...total professional in all regards, arrived on time and was completely prepared to accomplish the work. Exceptionally knowledgeable regarding all things tree. Expressed technical information in clear, understandable terms as well as physically showing us the evidence he based his findings upon. He conducted a complete examination of the tree, including root system and the layers beneath the bark. His work was minimally intrusive and he repaired all examination sites completely. His explanation of findings was accompanied by showing us the actual evidence. He was clear, expressing technical information in layman terms. He identified potential outcomes with projected timelines based on the evidence and estimated the likelihood of each outcome with explanation of his evaluation supporting the outcome. He patiently answered all our questions, clearly and with adequate detail. When the discussion moved from this specific tree to other landscape questions, Andy provided a trove of useful information regarding all things tree we will use to continue improving our landscape. He did not try to sell us any service or products. He gave us what we needed, accurate information based on a body of evidence he collected and explained. We are completely satisfied and highly recommend Andy to you, without reservations. Give him a call and describe your issue...I am confident if he cannot help you with resolution he will tell you so based on that initial interaction.

Description of Work
Provided diagnosis and prognosis for 60- 80 year old red oak tree in my backyard that has been displaying distress signs.

Category landscaping,tree service

05/07/2015

Brian M.

I recently moved into a newly built home on a wooded lot and had questions about the types of trees and their health, especially those that were affected by the building process. I settled on Mr. Andrew Boone to have a look as I wanted an independent assessment. We spent 1 1/2 hours walking the ground, the cost of service was very reasonable, and well worth it as it will pay great dividends going forward. Andy arrived on time, provided me with some background information and pamphlets to read later. We walked the property and discussed what trees looked to be in good shape and which appeared to be at risk. He identified a type of beetle affecting two pine trees and what could be done for those 2 trees and how to protect the others adjacent. He identified future pruning needs to protect the home and property from falling branches and how this interacts with your homeowner policy. He identified the great diversity of trees on the property, on the order of 20. Provided recommendations of best tree types for future plantings if needed. He also provided me with a listing of reputable, bonded/insured companies that would address any of the trees in need of work or coming down. We talked about many other factors and issues related to the trees as well. The great thing, I also received a written report from him, PDF by email the same day of the visit so I have a good record of everything to keep an eye on with the trees around my home. In hindsight, had I known what I know now, I would have had Mr. Boone on ground before the builder started clearing ground to mark and best protect some of the trees prior to construction starting. I would definitely recommend that people consider having someone on their side providing that kind of input to the build process if possible. To wrap up, I found Andy to be experienced, knowledgeable, personable, patient and a great teacher as well. I am 100% satisfied with the service he provided and I will not hesitate to call him the future if needed.

Description of Work
Provided an assessment of tree health and tress species on my property.

03/16/2015

STEPHEN L.

Andy did a wonderful job. I messaged him on Angieslist late Friday not thinking anyone would response till Monday. But within minutes he responded and offered to come on Saturday. He came on Saturday at the exact time we agreed and he already had a pamphlet full of material such as identifying plants and more. wow. Before I called him, I wanted to cut down 7 trees in the back. Of course this was before I knew what trees were really decaying. That answer soon changed after Andy gave me a thorough inspection of the trees and recommendations. He also looked at the trees and not only gave me answers, I could tell that he really knew his stuff. I asked him probably hundreds of questions and he kept answering them with excitement. He wasn't annoyed at all. I probably repeated some questions as I always do and he still answered them. What I like most was his unbiased answers. He doesn't have any ties to a certain tree cutter so it was nice to get a 3rd party answer. In fact, if you're thinking of cutting down trees, I would recommend that you hire Andy first and then find a tree cutter, rather than finding an arborist connected to a tree cutting company. He doesn't charge a lot to come out either and the education is well worth it if you like to be a educated customer when you call the tree guys so you know exactly who is going to trick you and who is being truthful. Andy was honest which is also something I liked. Anyways, long story short - if you're looking for an Arborist so you can become an educated customer, he is definitely the guy to go too. He sent me a PDF file containing other things he noticed such as I had a big oak tree that was struck by lightning, so he wrote something up so I could give to the insurance company. I didn't even think to do that. So he has your back covered and you can be safe with him. He also gave me a 10% off angieslist discount and went ahead and did that. Who does that? I mean other service providers I have encountered offer these discounts, but unless you actually initiate it - often don't give them to you. Talk about major ethics here with Andy. That's why he can be trusted. I'll call Andy next time I have a tree or plant issue.

Description of Work
Gave me an idea of what trees were decaying, needed to be cut down, and other hazards that could hurt the house

03/01/2015

Gina S.

The visit went great. Andy was patient and spoke in laymen's terms. I was very comfortable asking questions and never felt any question was a dumb question. He followed up with the information we discussed in writing that same evening. I am so glad I made the investment in my property and contracted with Andy.

Description of Work
Gave me an analysis of the trees on my property. He is exceptionally knowledgeable and answered all my questions. He left me information on tree care, gave tips on pruning and so much more. Andy was prompt, and over all a very nice person.

08/30/2014

Michael A.

I found this provider on Angie's list. I was seeking someone to advise me on three specific trees I had concerns about, and to let me know of any other trees of concern on my property. The owner and sole employee, Mr. Andrew Boone, was able to come by later the same day. He showed up promptly, and spent about an hour inspecting my trees and advising me on areas of concern. He followed up with a written report later that evening (emailed at my request) detailing all the items we discussed. The report included a list of tree services that he recommended to do any work I might choose to have done. Mr. Boone was courteous and professional throughout, and patiently answered all my questions. I would recommend DendroDiagnostics to anyone seeking an experienced arborist to advise them on tree health.

Description of Work
The provider visited my home at my request, and evaluated the health of the trees on my property.

Category tree service

ARBORICULTURE SERVICES, FORESTRY SERVICES, PINES, HARDWOODS, EXOTIC PESTS, FORESTRY & LANDSCAPE NURSERIES, CHRISTMAS TREE PLANTATIONS, SEED ORCHARDS AND CUTTING BANKS. DIAGNOSIS OF INSECT, DISEASE OR PHYSIOLOGICAL PROBLEMS AFFECTING TREES

Tree removal, pruning, planting