American Wood Reface

Founded 1979 • With Angi since February 2010

Our Solid Wood Refacing System upgrades cabinets and transforms kitchens in just 1-3 days. Beautiful, premium quality wood, highly skilled installers, Lifetime Warranty. Made in USA. Locally & Family owned. Award Winning Service. Free Consultation. Beautiful kitchens made affordable, with less mess

cabinet refacing (91)home remodeling (27)cabinet makers (24)countertop installation (22)woodworking (20)marble & granite (9)door installation (7)plumbers (4)tile installation (4)lighting (1)

05/06/2021

Maryrose E.

This company is special. Serina did a fabulous job with her design ideas and communicated perfectly about what to expect. She went out of her way to help me adjust the cabinet color when I needed guidance. Joe and his team did an exquisite job of refacing our cabinets and the detail was amazing, we love the end result. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
American Wood Reface renovated our kitchen and two bathrooms.

Category custom cabinets, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

03/05/2021

Christi F.

AMAZING!!! From the moment I got the call from Serina to schedule the consultation, until the moment the job was complete, was an absolute pleasure! Serina did an amazing job with the design of my kitchen. She is professional, honest, extremely talented in her field, and a pleasure to be around! Joe and Seth did an amazing job with the installation! They took such great care in keeping my house clean, and cleaning up afterwards when the job was complete. I am beyond thrilled with my experience! Thank you Serina, Joe and Seth!!

Description of Work
Complete cabinet reface

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 03/05/2021

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 39231294

03/02/2021

Diane M.

My experience with American Wood Refacing was outstanding! Joe and Serina are wonderful to work with and their ability to solve existing problem areas in my kitchen were creative and turned out beautiful. I can't say enough about Joe's team of workers. They were respectful toward each other and 100% focused on their job every second. Their skills were top notch and everything was executed with precision and attention to detail. I did not want a 'stick on' solution for my reface but a quality product that would last a very long time. They did not disappoint. My cabinets look like brand new. American Wood Reface exceeded my expectations! I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Kitchen Refacing

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

Mrs. [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We may be biased, but we absolutely agree, we truly have a wonderful team and we appreciate your kind words! Thank you, Bruce Zaidman and The American Wood Reface Team

02/19/2021

Robert C.

Fabulously! This company is truly one of a kind. The craftsmanship, professionalism and promptness was a pleasurable experience. We are thrilled with the look of our new kitchen and highly recommend You consider this reasonable option.

Description of Work
Reface kitchen cabinets and drawers

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for your "A" rating and kind words! So happy to hear you are loving your new kitchen, thank you for choosing American Wood Reface for your projects! We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Thank you, Bruce Zaidman and the American Wood Reface Team

02/18/2021

Douglas H.

Our experience with American Wood Reface (AWR) on our kitchen project was just outstanding. From the quality of the cabinetry to the craftsmanship of installation, all were first class. The coordination of subcontractors used was seamless. The job was completed in 2.5 days as promised and cleanup was done daily. Would highly recommend AWR for any remodel you may have. They're committed to your satisfaction.

Description of Work
Refacing of original kitchen cabinets and new counter tops.

Category countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/18/2021

Mr. [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for trusting American Wood Reface with your kitchen project! Additionally, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We take pride in our hardworking craftsman and our teams' commitment to making our customers happy. There's no better form of advertisement than a positive recommendation from our customers. Again, we thank you! Bruce Zaidman and The American Wood Reface Team

02/17/2021

T E.

Upon our call to American Wood Reface, Serina was very prompt to come to our home. We explained what we would like done. Serina was most helpful in making suggestions. She brought samples of all the products to our home and assisted us in choosing the best products for our renovation. Joe promptly came out and did all the measuring. Before he left, he advised on the projected installation date. Our actual installation occurred well before this date. Joe and his son arrived promptly each day. Joe is a true professional. The quality of the wood used was exceptional, and Joe's craftsmanship was superb. We highly recommend this company for any kitchen or bathroom renovation.

Description of Work
Kitchen Cabinets were refaced. Some kitchen cabinets were converted to drawers. Hardware was installed on all kitchen cabinets and drawers. Master Bathroom and guest bathroom countertops were raised. New quartz countertops with backsplash were added. New sinks and all plumbing were installed. All cabinets were converted to large drawers.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, plumbing, marble & granite, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words! We appreciate you choosing American Wood Reface for your kitchen upgrade. We agree with you, and we are so fortunate to have wonderful people on our team. Serina, Joe, and Seth truly exemplify our mission to make beautiful kitchens and happy customers! We truly appreciate you. Thank you, Bruce Zaidman, and The American Wood Reface Team

Denise S.

From the planning to the completion of the job it was a wonderful experience. Serina, the planning consultant, listened to what I wanted and made some suggestions. The end product was just what I wanted. No pressure, no hard sell. The installers were efficient, professional and courteous. They did a great job. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Kitchen and bathroom cabinets refaced

Work Completed On 11/02/2020

Walter B.

Great service. Professional from the planning stage to the completion stage. Excellent carpentry work. Built upper cabinets new and changed some lower cabinets to large drawers. Refaced balance of cabinets. Very pleased with everything. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen cabinets and reface kitchen cabinets

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 09/18/2020

Rochelle M.

We are very happy with the way our kitchen and bathroom cabinets came out. Serina and Joe were wonderful to work with from start to finish. They did a great job on installation and our cabinets look beautiful! We would highly recommend this company if you are looking to reface your cabinets.

Description of Work
Refaced our kitchen and bathroom cabinets

Work Completed On 08/19/2019

Mark M.

I have dealt with several contractors through the years of remodeling in different homes. I have never had a transaction go this perfectly. The skills of their crew are second to none. Everything was done on the time schedule they laid out. Their carpenters are the absolute best. From start to finish, from the estimate to the install, they did an outstanding job. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Cabinet Refacing and Design

Category custom cabinets

Work Completed On 10/15/2020

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 39196486

Lauren E.

I had a 1998 kitchen, peeling cabinets, outdated appliances, Formica countertops. I didn't know where to start. Serena, from American Wood Reface came to the house with samples. Asked questions to guide me through the process. I ordered the appliances, but Serena took care of everything including subcontracting and following up with Prestige Tile for the the countertops and plumbing Joe did the demo, moved the electrical and all the refacing on time, good price fabulous results. Will be calling them when it is time to remodel the bathroom.

Description of Work
Resurface cabinets, quartz countertops, backsplash and new sink

Category countertops, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 02/16/2021

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 39196624

09/22/2020

Carol W.

I contracted the job in December 2018 -- everything was thoroughly explained before purchase, and the work began January 2019, as promised. The kitchen cabinets were stripped down to the boxes, which were oak, and in very good condition. I ordered birch for the doors, sides and bottoms, in a beautiful red oak stain. (My cabinets didn't require tops.) I couldn't be more pleased with the quality/construction/thickness of the wood, the Amish wood crafters did a PERFECT job, the grain and stained color are outstanding -- I continue to be very impressed every day with the beauty of the wood. I also had thick shelving installed inside the cabinets, as my old shelving was thin and bowed/bent down. The included cabinet hardware is so attractive, with a life-time guarantee. I had the lower cabinets replaced with drawers, and a large pullout drawer installed under the sink. I also had the 'silent close' hinge feature added to all the cabinets and drawers -- no more banging cabinets!! The installers, Mike and Robert, were hardworking, VERY detailed, wanting to please -- *the best workers I have ever had on any project, ever*. The cabinet doors are lined up perfectly at each edge. They stayed with the job late, until every detail was complete. I think it took a little less than two days to complete. They swept and cleaned up all mess. Since then, I have had two service calls regarding adjustments on the hinges, and the quick repairs were done excellently, no charge -- thank you, Tim! *I also received superb recommendations for hiring others (Steve) for countertop, backsplash and flooring. I cannot praise this company enough for the quality of service and product, plus the quickness in responding to any questions or service call I needed. I would definitely use them again and highly recommend them to anyone -- Outstanding!!

Description of Work
Replacement of kitchen cabinet doors, sides, bottoms and interior shelving, plus referrals for backsplash, countertop and flooring.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 01/18/2019

08/01/2018

Patricia P.

American Wood Reface team (Matthews, NC) did excellent work on our kitchen reface project. It transformed our old, flimsy, discolored cabinets into a high-end look with quality cabinetry. It improved not only the appearance but also the functionality and utilization of our small kitchen. Work included new doors and crown moldings on upper cabinets, conversion of all lower cabinet doors to deep "pot drawers", deepening the above-fridge cabinet including custom vertical storage for baking pans and pull-out trays for large item storage, and adding a custom shallow pantry cabinet to flank one side of the refrigerator. The quality of work was excellent. Quality of materials is also excellent. Thick wood drawers glide easily and fully utilize all of the under-counter space. We now have much more storage, even though the kitchen's overall layout was not altered. All of the space is now fully utilized and easy to access. The floor-to-ceiling pantry along the refrigerator gives a beautiful custom-look to the kitchen and puts spices and other ingredients in a well-organized place within easy reach. The deep pot drawers are absolutely great, as it stores all the heavy cookware within easy view and reach. We are delighted with our project's results and highly recommend American Wood Reface for this work. The work was very professional, completed on time, and very cost-effective compared to new cabinets. We've received many compliments on the results.

Description of Work
KItchen cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

Thank you for your kind words, it is greatly appreciated! Bruce Zaidman, Pres American Wood Reface

02/27/2018

Sara M.

They did an amazing job at talking thru the job with me and giving me options. I had previously gotten an estimate from a big box store that was very high pressure and almost 4000$ more then the quote ended up getting from American Wood Reface. Extremely happy with with their customer service.

Description of Work
Installed New Cabinet doors and drawer boxes as well as a transition strip.

Work Completed On 02/27/2018

02/02/2018

Barbara B.

Very well. One person did the entire cabinetry job Second for back splash Third for countertops. Fourth for electrical. All either included in price, or recommended by company. No complaints with any of them. Did a great job.

Description of Work
A complete redo of a kitchen

Category countertops, lighting, marble & granite, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 05/02/2015

12/10/2017

Jan M.

This is an excellent company with excellent employees. Joe and his team worked steadily and transformed our tired kitchen cabinets into amazingly beautiful cabinets in just two days. They were clean, punctual, and professional in every way. The attention to detail and craftsmanship is exceptional. We cannot believe the difference and wish we had done it several years ago. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
We had our tired kitchen cabinets refaced by American Wood Reface.

Category custom cabinets, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 12/07/2017

Thank you for your kind words and your taking the time to file this report. From all of us at American Wood Reface. Bruce Zaidman, President.

11/14/2017

Linda A.

Way beyond our expectations! Beautiful quartz counters match the natural cherry hardwood cabinets. The pantry replaced cabinets and counter rarely used. Joe and the crew completed the work within two days. Cleaned up like new as well.

Description of Work
Had all kitchen cabinets and doors refaced. Plus pantry rebuilt. Plus new countertops.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 11/14/2017

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 36568722

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your nice report. I'm sorry we couldn't get it done sooner, but I'm really glad your happy with the results. Let us know if you need anything else, and remember our generous referral program! Regards Bruce Zaidman, Owner American Wood Reface

11/09/2017

Diane S.

I cannot say enough of how beautiful the kitchen came out. Went with a white cabinet. There was arched cabinetry that needed to be fabricated over my sink and cook top which was beautifully done. The installers Carlos and Patrick were professional, know their craft and extremely concerned of keeping our home clean during the process. They were always concerned that we were happy with what they were doing asking us during the process if it was okay with what they were doing. They work hard and stay late to get the job done. They were about as perfect as you can get when having someone coming into your home and doing work. I am so happy with my new kitchen. I have had refacing done in a former home and did not compare. This is wood and not veneer base to the cabinets so it is the old saying you get what you pay for. Thank you guys for a beautiful kitchen.

Description of Work
Kitchen cabinet refaced, cabinet added replacing desk in kitchen

Work Completed On 11/09/2017

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 36544288

Thank you for taking the time to file this report. I saw the arches in the warehouse and they really were beautiful, first time we have done one so big! I'm glad your happy with your new kitchen. I saw the email you sent to Jim and I'm sorry about your concern about the salesman, honestly, he is very old school and I understand where your coming from. I will call you in person to discuss. Regards Bruce Zaidman, Owner American Wood Reface

08/16/2017

Sara M.

Couldn't be happier! The cabinets are beautiful, love the 2-tone with the lighter cabinets on top and a darker cabinets on the bottom. I didn't think I would care one way or the other, but I now love the soft-close hinges. And the customer service is top-notch. From the get-go, they responded quickly to any questions or comments that I had, and the installers were very courteous.

Description of Work
Kitchen reface and additional cabinet added above refrigerator.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

Review for American Wood Reface - 40 Pennington Dr, Bluffton, SC - 36052621

Thank you for taking the time to file this report, we really appreciate it! And thank you for trusting your kitchen to us, we're very happy it was a good experience for you. The photos look great! Bruce Zaidman, Pres. and the Team at Smerican Wood Reface.

08/02/2017

Sandy C.

Everything turned out great. Joe did an outstanding job!

Description of Work
We had our kitchen cabinets refaced. We also added pot drawers, roll-outs, and an appliance garage.

Category woodworking, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 07/27/2017

Thanks for taking the time to file this report, we really appreciate it. We also value your business. Please remember, we have a great referral program. Regards Bruce Zaidman, Owner

08/01/2017

Eric M.

Fantastic. From the moment Serena arrived for the consult to Joe's installation of the last piece of hardware, this was perfect. The kitchen is now a contemporary classic.

Description of Work
Kitchen door/drawer refacing with new hardware and design upgrades...

Work Completed On 07/06/2017

07/10/2017

Henry H.

Carlos and Patrick did the work in a day and a half. They are not only highly skilled craftsmen, but a pleasure to be around. The high quality of the materials and installation could not be better. I am completely thrilled with the results. I HIGHLY recommend this company.

Description of Work
My small kitchen with early 1950s cabinets was in serious need of an update and "beautification." Tim Bowen the salesman came out after the Ideal Home Show to make the initial measurements and make excellent suggestions. Then Jim Gobbetti the installation manager came by for precise measurements to order the custom doors and drawers.

Category woodworking, cabinet refacing

Work Completed On 06/20/2017

We appreciate you review and your business. I will pass this on to the Guys. Please remember our generous referral program! Bruce Zaidman, Owner/ Pres. American Wood Reface, The Carolina's

06/14/2017

Michael B.

The cabinets look amazing. The crew (Jim, Carlos, Mike, Robert and Patrick) were professional and courteous and worked diligently to finish the install in three days. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
We refaced all of the cabinets in our kitchen and half bath with new hardware.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017