Upstate Helpers

Founded 1992 • With Angi since August 2018

We at Upstate Helpers are here to help with all of your cleaning and repair needs. We are family owned and operated and have been in business since 1992. We have a crew of 6 and are licensed, bonded and insured. We do house cleaning,pressure washing, Interior & Exterior Painting, leaf removal,

4.4

lawn & landscaping (11)pressure washing (10)decks & porches (10)house cleaning (9)lawn care (7)window cleaning (6)interior painting (5)house painting (5)mulch delivering (5)deck cleaning (4)gutter cleaning (4)door installation (3)

12/31/2022

Leah M.

We hired upstate helpers to remodel an older trailer for my mother and grandmother. They were able to start right away and even helped us move my mothers furniture because we didn’t have anyone to help. They have done a wonderful job and our super friendly and are very caring about their work and what they do. They want you to be happy with everything they do and we have been! They ran into several issues due to it being a very older mobile home and always tried to find the best deal to fix it. We have been very happy with their services and would recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Remodel of older trailer

Category remodeling

10/28/2022

Zilola K.

Darlanda is an excellent professional. She performed all duties as expected. She very punctual and thorough. It’s very easy to communicate with her and her husband. I highly recommend this company. I am looking forward to working with them. Thank you, Z

Description of Work
Cleaning services

Category house cleaning, remodeling

Work Completed On 10/28/2022

05/06/2022

Nila D.

It took longer then expected due to weather and they thought they could reuse some of the existing wood, when it turned out they could not, so there was a small delay in that issue because they had to order new wood replacing the entire deck structure. They were trying to save me some money by reusing some of the wood. They showed up on time and were very respectful. They kept me informed each step of the way. If the owner was not onsite, one of his guys knew what was going on also with each step. The owner answered all my questions completely and everyone remained professional throughout the entire process. They also spread pine straw for me and trimmed my trees. They place looks so much better now. Thank you Terrance Mark!

Description of Work
Needed my deck replaced suing timbertech material

Category patios

Work Completed On 04/20/2022

02/03/2022

David B.

In a word, "Lifesaver". Upstate Helpers managed to take our kids house from a cute house to an elegant home with a priceless view. Their work ethic is amazing. On time every time and the quality of the work is second to none. One thing to note is that the communication was constant and that was key to success due to the huge job of this renovation. But I also must mention that Upstate Helpers treated me like family, not a paycheck. Their professionalism and pride in their workmanship is plenty reason to recommend them, but we also got a more than fair price for the work. Quite amazing! Sincere Thanks!

Description of Work
New Deck with stairs, chimney work, flooring, door replacements, interior painting, flooring, plumbing, bathroom remodel, kitchen remodel

Category concrete repair, decks, flooring contractor, house cleaning, landscaping, masonry, remodeling, pressure washing, woodworking, drain pipe, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 12/15/2021

Review for Upstate Helpers - P.O. Box 168, Anderson, SC - 39617396

08/26/2021

jeffrey C.

So far so good! The deck is coming out great! The crew is professional and corteous. Daryl worked on my VA build add-on and he's a top notch foreman! Terrence has been great at communicating and making sure that we will be happy with everything being done! We're on the homestretch now. :) Lean-to looks top-notch. It has lowered the temperature of the deck and pool by a lot after about 16:30. Terrence, Darlanda, and Daryl and crew have been a pleasure to work with. Good people = good job. Recommend.

Description of Work
Outside renovations

Category decks, gutter cleaning, landscaping, mulch, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

06/22/2021

Linda T.

They listened to everything that I had to say, made structural suggestions to try and improve my project. I was always able to get in touch with them, they let me know when they were coming and it was nice that they knew exactly what they needed to do that I didn't know anything about.

Description of Work
They make my water lines moved, they build me a huge multi level deck with a gazebo on it and they did some landscaping service as well.

Category decks, landscaping, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

02/11/2021

paula J.

They've done everything from my roof to floors, I was able to trust him during the moving process, he did an excellent job, very trustworthy, he's a good communicator and let's you know every step of the way, he's a perfectionist, they are very hardworking and they wont stop until they provide a good customer experience. I will highly recommend them to others

Description of Work
They did a complete remodeling and they did a beautiful deck on the lake.

Category remodeling

Work Completed On 02/11/2021

11/13/2020

Linda T.

We are in the final stages of a complete deck rebuild. Mr. Mark has regular suppliers for all the product needed. They were easy to work with and he made sure supplies were delivered on time. My deck sizes has been quadrupled. We have an amazing Gazebo! It is five levels all functional for different things. If an issue was found it was fixed. When building Mr. Mark looked towards the future as what our needs might be needed. Even the leveling out of my yard to protect future water flow that would ruin the wood. I am so excited to see the final steps.

Description of Work
Tear down existing deck and replace with new

Category auto detailing, decks

Work Completed On 11/13/2020

Review for Upstate Helpers - P.O. Box 168, Anderson, SC - 39023811

10/26/2020

Jeffrey C.

Upstate Helpers is great! I would recommend them to anyone I know because they do good work, and the entire process has been up front with me, no nonsense, and that's the way I like it! Terrence is doing many projects for us and is extremely easy to get ahold of despite how many projects they have going on.

Description of Work
Various. House needed a facelift around the exterior, siding fence and all.

Category auto detailing, decks, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 10/26/2020

08/30/2020

Alan B.

In the beginning of my experience with Mr. Mark I felt comfortable with him performing the work we agreed on which was replacing wood on my dock. The price quoted was $1,250.00 plus material. He specifically told me he would provide me with all the receipts for the materials. I agreed. I paid him payments of $250. $675. and $1,100. He said the job was complete so I requested copies of the materials receipts. He later that evening sent me a photo of a paid receipt, hand written if the materials from a forged blank invoice from a supplier that was not the supplier he previously told me he purchased the materials. He originally told he purchased all the materials at Lowe’s. I had calculated what the materials should have been and they were much less than what he was Trying to falsify to buffer his profit higher. I demanded that he make it right and he gave me a rebate of $200.00 He is dishonest. It would have been fine but when I went to inspect the work, he didn’t replace all the underlying wood on my gangwalk he said he did. Then he refused to go back and stain the wood he installed which was originally agreed. He is dishonest and when I complained to his wife who he described as the actual owner she sided with him and refused to address my complaints. Therefore I would not recommend them for any work. They failed to complete the job and comply with what they initially agreed!!!

Description of Work
Dock wood repair/replacement

Category auto detailing, woodworking

Work Completed On 08/14/2020

We here at upstate Helpers take Pride in doing our work Mr Alen try to get something for nothing out of this job All of his wood was rotten and we wanted to replace it he didn’t want to spend the money so he gave us a bad review I gave him $200 back of his money and he still not happy don’t wanna spend the money on the wood try to get something for nothing Trying to beat Upstate Helpers but we take care of our clients and our customers he didn’t sign a contract I’ll try to get him to signed the contract so that was my fault we here at upstate Helpers us do not by material for customers we set our customers up with the vendors who is selling wood or whatever the case may be Are usually don’t take jobs with our contracts this was my mistake it won’t happen again

07/04/2020

Desiree W.

The workers arrived on time the scheduled date of service and worked hard all day. I noticed the inside of the gutters hadn’t been washed and Terrance responded immediately by sending 2 workers back the next day to thoroughly clean the inside of the gutters. I was very pleased with the thorough job and responsiveness.

Description of Work
Pressure washing gutters and soffits and wash windows inside and out.

Category auto detailing, gutter cleaning, window cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

06/27/2020

Ronnie W.

None of the contractors contacted me with a price to do my work

Description of Work
Gutter cleaning

Category auto detailing

Work Completed On 06/27/2020

Upstate helpers do not do gutters our Account supposed to be for building decks design and flowerbeds building docs painting retainer walls we do not do gutters I apologize for any inconvenience me and my wife we look at our book you were not even in our book not even on Angie’s list so ours apologize for any inconvenience on your behalf due to the coronavirus we have not been working much one of my employees caught coronavirus so I shut everything down

03/17/2020

Chad C.

NO GOOD!!! It took multiple calls and emails just to get in touch with him. Finally set an appointment to meet for quotes, but he never showed up and didn't answer when I called. He called me back days later, NO EXPLANATION, and asked for another chance. He set a second appointment for quotes and STILL didn't show up. Do NOT do business with these people!!!!

Description of Work
Several projects around the house, inside and out.

Category decks, house cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 03/26/2020

one of my employees caught coronavirus so we shut everything down we did not receive a phone call from you or email we at Upstate helpers take care of customers we do apologize for the miscommunication may God bless you and you have a blessed day stay coronavirus free

03/14/2020

Matthew P.

Upstate Helpers (UH) did several jobs for me. These included: Storm Door Installation, Replacing Front Door, Pressure Washing, Yard Work, Sod Replacement and General Repairs. UH did a great job on everything. Kept me informed about the progress and any issues that needed my attention. They finished on time and on budget. There were no surprises. I would highly recommend UH. If I need anything done in the future, I will hire them again.

Description of Work
Several Jobs

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 03/14/2020

01/11/2020

Steve S.

I was very pleased with their work and they kept me informed through out the process of removing multiple trees also when they were rebuilding my Dock they took pictures through the process to keep me updated with how they preformed the work. I was very pleased with the end results. Terrance the owner did exactly what he said he would do and that is hard to find these days. I will use them again they have a wide skill set for multiple projects around the House and the yard.

Description of Work
Tree Removal and Dock Work

Category concrete repair, lawn service, dock building

Work Completed On 01/04/2020

Thank you Mr.Stumberge we appreciate you for trusting Upstate Helper's and we are happy that you are very pleased with the work we done for you and your family. In the future if you ever need Upstate Helper's again don't hesitate to call again thank you so much for contacting Upstate Helper's.

12/13/2019

Rudolph F.

They did a really good job and we are hoping to use them twice a year now. We would highly recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They cleaned our house.

Category house cleaning

Work Completed On 12/13/2019

11/20/2019

Mike and Patty S.

We were so pleased with their service. Very professional, very polite, ended the work well. and the work was excellent.

Description of Work
They put in new doors, painting, fixed my entire foundation, fixed the rotten wood, replaced fireplace outside, redid the complete yard, did the retaining wall, and keep my yard pretty.

Category contractors, landscaping, lawn service, fireplaces, woodworking, house painters, interior painters, doors, foundation repair

Work Completed On 11/20/2019

09/25/2019

Meagan C.

Excellent high quality job done. Affordable and will call again!

Description of Work
Deep cleaning

Category house cleaning, wallpaper removal, wallpaper, window cleaning, pressure washing, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

08/16/2019

Angela M.

We just purchased our home which was a rental over the past year. No one had cleaned inside or out from the previous year. We needed cleaning help and knew this would be a very large project. Terrence is an experience contractor with a wide range of knowledge when it comes to caring for a home. He pointed out things to watch out for, and provided me with great suggestions that will keep my home looking like new while saving me $$'s in operating costs. If he says he will do something, you can stand on his word. Darlanda is co-owner and knows the inside and out of keeping your house spotless. She provided us with a written contract ahead of time and left no details out. I felt a high level of trust with these folks. We will maintain a working relationship with Upstate Helpers for future painting, landscape, and deck repair work.

Description of Work
Pressure washing, exterior windows cleaned, including skylight, trimming trees, removing evergreen shrubs, and deep cleaning exterior of home.

Category gutter cleaning, landscaping, lawn service, window cleaning, deck cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 08/14/2019

08/07/2019

Lee/Christine B.

Excellent, their work was pristine. They made everything clean and shine. They made our house presentable to buyers, with positive results. They also helped us out of a bind when our lawn service failed. They took care of the yard work needed on the same day. They were terrific! When they finished their work they sent us pictures. It was pretty awesome! We are very appreciative, they work hard and it shows. We recommend Upstate Helpers. We would absolutely call on them again. They are the right Company when you need Help. They care and it shows.

Description of Work
Deep house cleaning, windows (inside & out), and hedge clipping on a moments notice!

Category house cleaning, lawn service, window cleaning

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

08/05/2019

Mark L.

Given the age of our house (150+ years old) and its size, this job stretched the capabilities of Upstate Helpers, but in the end Terence and his team did a nice job. They caulked much of the exterior, made repairs to several wood boards, painted our large front porch and stained a small back deck in addition to paining the entire exterior. The final cost ended up being more than the original estimate, but the increase was justified by the amount of additional prep and repair work that was required before the painting could begin. Terence and Darlanda were good about keeping us informed at every step and kept good records of all the materials used and the cost. As result of the repairs, a bit of additional work we requested and the small team, the job took about a month, which wasn’t a problem for us. Terence and Darlanda care about the work and their clients. Overall, we really enjoyed working with Upstate Helpers. One piece of advice for them: Be a bit more thorough in your original estimate and require more of a payment up front to avoid the need for multiple changes and payments along the way, as occurred in our case.

Description of Work
Exterior house painting

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 01/22/2020

Thank you so much Mr. [Member Name Removed] for choosing Upstate Helper'[Member Information Removed] we were more than happy to service you and your wife and know that you are very pleased with our expertise. In the future if ever need Upstate Helper'[Member Information Removed] for any other services feel free to give us a call. Again thank you for choosing Upstate Helper'[Member Information Removed]!

07/22/2019

Lisa E.

FABULOUS! The couple who own and operate this company were just the most polite professional and hard working. They are now in my list of contacts and will be called again! Thank you Darlanda

Description of Work
Pressure wash house and driveway, clean outside windows

Category window cleaning, pressure washing

Work Completed On 06/15/2019

04/19/2019

Deborah E.

Everything is looking good. My neighbors have all commented on how good it looks.

Description of Work
Yard/ landscape work

Category concrete repair, gutter cleaning, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 04/19/2019