Dennis Moffit Painting LLC

Founded 2003 • With Angi since July 2008

1428 Kingstown Rd

Wakefield, RI 02879

DENNIS MOFFIT PAINTING LLC is a third-generation painting company that offers residential services across Rhode Island and commercial projects for all New England. Over the past 35 years, DMP has become renowned for quality craftsmanship and customer service. Visit www.experiencedmp.com for more details or call us to schedule your appointment - (401) 203-3326...

03/10/2020

Mark H.

This company's estimating process leaves a lot to be desired. We wanted interior and exterior painting. Kevin stood us up on our first appointment, then when he finally came out to make an estimate, he substantially overstated the amount of trim to be painted, and included for interior work a screen porch which is exterior work. We never did get an estimate for the exterior work. And when we pointed out the interior estimate's mistakes, Kevin first said he'd get us something the next day, and when he didn't and I contacted the main office, they said they'd get back to me the next day but they didn't. I told the office that if they were no longer interested in the job they should at least have the courtesy to let us know. But they went completely dark - a very frustrating process! No matter what the quality of work, the estimating process was so bad that I'd never use this contractor.

Description of Work
Painting exterior and interior

05/16/2017

Carolyn P.

This is a top notch company. From the initial appraisal through the end of the project, everyone was professional, timely and did a great job. The project leader, Emelio, was particularly great. He kept me updated when there were weather delays (we had alot of rain!) and was always responsive when I called him with questions. He appeared onsite every day to make sure everything was in order, and even worked some days as well. The painters were so pleasant and polite. Their work is guaranteed for 2 years, and if I have any issues at all, they will take care of them. I could not be happier with the quality of the services.

Description of Work
Outside of my house powerwashed, shingles stained, trim painted and gutters

Category gutter repair, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

09/05/2016

John S.

Outstanding workmanship. The house is transformed and now looks like a beautiful coastal summer home. The foreman kept in contact throughout the process, they left the place neat and clean. Great job - I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Dennis Moffit Painting painted the exterior of my house. We changed the trim color from purple to white, stained the shingles light grey, repaired any damaged shingles, replaced the gable vents, new gutters, new shutters, new front storm door, they also prepped and painted the deck.

Category gutter repair, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters, doors

02/27/2016

Mary C.

I loved it. It was excellent. I would give them an A+. They were neat and clean. They did everything they said they would do plus they did extra. They came and left when they told us they were leaving and coming. They supplied the paint. The price was reasonable.

Description of Work
Two weeks ago, they did the living, room, kitchen and foyer painting. They did two coats. They did the ceiling and they sealed the cracks.

07/07/2015

Mary C.

He did a great job and was extremely nice. He was also very neat. We were so pleased to find someone that we could trust to do a good job and so reasonably priced

Description of Work
He painted a room and did a wonderful job.

04/22/2015

Jodi G.

Excellent painting and attention to detail. Paint job feels top quality including the edges! Communicated well with me throughout the project. Made minor home repairs as needed (ex, fixed sheetrock and cleaned vents). Worked started shortly after I signed the contract. Finished before my expectations. House looks so fresh and clean now! I would definitely recommend DMP and would hire them again.

Description of Work
Repainted entire inside of home.

01/01/2015

Joseph B.

As expected, weather plays a factor when scheduling. The crew did a great job remaining flexible and did a great job. I believe this was the shortest punch list I've ever had with a contractor.

Description of Work
Exterior painting and staining of trim and shingle siding.

12/23/2014

donald B.

went fairly well. finished product looked good..some minor details needed to be fixed..

Description of Work
paint exterior of house.

12/01/2014

K W.

Dennis Moffitt Painting recommended a particular stain for our shingle home, as we were used to clapboards in a different environment. So far, it looks wonderful! The job was completed by a clean, quiet and polite crew. The crew and job foreman did not leave until they were confident that I was satisfied with the job. Many contractors seem to 'run' as soon as they think they are done - this was not the case with Dennis Moffitt. They happily touched up any little spot I pointed out. I would not hesitate to use their services again.

Description of Work
Prep and paint entire exterior of two story home.

10/24/2014

L F.

Working w/ the DMP Team was a wonderful experience! We were referred to Dennis Moffitt Painting by another area subcontractor, but we were already aware of their presence & positive reputation. Very professional from start to finish. From the first phone call w/ Cathy to the initial meeting w/ Mike through the professional, quality & timely work completed by Mario & Crew, the entire process went smoothly. The Proposal/Contract/Payment Schedule was detailed & provided us with options to consider regarding scope of work & materials used. The DMP Team, including Cathy, Mario & Gus, could not have been more helpful w/ stain color choices. Mario & crew were prompt, friendly, professional, hard working, & cleaned up each day. The communication throughout the process was always helpful, prompt & courteous. This was, especially, important to us as we were not always present on site. We were confident that the work would be completed w/ proper preparation & quality materials used both outside & inside, & we were not disappointed. It is obvious they want the customer to be pleased w/ the outcome of the project, & the DMP Team takes the time & effort to make that happen. They use a team approach that is very effective. We are very pleased w/ the results at our home, and we would not hesitate to work w/ the DMP Team in the future.

Description of Work
A great job of extensive exterior power washing, prep work & staining top to bottom, including large deck & porches. Also, some interior painting.

Category pressure washing, interior painters

10/23/2014

G D.

They are very professional. They listen. They clean up. We would hire them again and have hired them in the past for interior work as well. Very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Two coats of stain on new exterior clapboards on south side of Gambrel House and window trims.

10/20/2014

D C.

They did a terrific job. The crew was extremely professional, polite and helpful. They appeared promptly and checked with us as the project unfolded. Our satisfaction was an importent issue to them. They did a superb job; folks in our neighborhood continue to remark to us on how great the house looks. We are completely satisfied and will call them again when we need this type of work done.

Description of Work
Our 7 year old cedar shingled contemporary house, on the ocean, had become severely and unevenly discolored by mold. Our Trex deck had also been marred and moldy. Mike Moffitt came out and did a thorough inspection and prepared an estimate that we believed was quite reasonable, so we hired the company to power wash and bleach the shingles and coat them with a semi-transparent stain, as well as to treat the deck similarly.

Category pressure washing, house painters

10/17/2014

B A.

My house was in desperate need of painting. It had been at least 10 years since the last time it was painted. I obtained 4 quoted from area painters and was pleased that Dennis Moffitt Painting was so close to all of the other quotes that did not include the carpentry work. He has without a doubt the best reputation of anyone in the area and my wife agreed to go ahead with the decision. The work was done with care and quick response. We experienced a few hurdles along the way but they rose to the occasion and solved every potential problem. The staff was professional and courteous and kept in touch with me via cell phone as the job progressed. They cleaned up everyday and left not a trace behind. I am proud of the decision to hire them and would do so again for any interior work that I can't do. I will also refer them to my client's who are looking for quotes on their homes. Nothing but the best!!

Description of Work
Painted the exterior of a large colonial, including, deck, bulkhead and shed to match. Also some carpentry work was performed and included in the price.

Category deck cleaning, house painters

08/29/2014

Walter Y.

Very detailed but too expensive for our needs at Church

Description of Work
Provided an estimate

08/22/2014

M C.

Outstanding! The painters were always on time - early even. Very professional and courteous. When we decided we didn't like the color that we chose, they took it in stride, despite having spent hours applying the paint. They insisted that we should be happy with the outcome and managed to switch the color with minimal added expense, and no delay in the completion of the project. Especially impressive was how the four painters worked as a team, were supportive of each other, and were genuinely interested in the development of one of the "new guys". Very professioanl and a pleasure ot have around. this is my third time with DMP, and I will go back again.

Description of Work
Painted the trim (One coat) and clapboard front of the house (two coats), as well as the doors.

07/25/2014

Maryalice M.

Estimate was clear and concise. Gentleman showed up promptly. I believe 'it's all in the prep' and they certainly lived up to that motto. They take great pains to be neat, organized and were courteous to my family. The paint job met my high expectations (i like to paint myself but 'we can't do everyhthing, I've learned!) I would recommend this awesome company to my friends and family, no holes barred.

Description of Work
Painted interior porch . I've used theri services for oter jobs in past and intend to continue using this company as 'my' paint company.

05/27/2014

Greg F.

I loved working with this company. They scheduled and arrived on time to estimate the work and to fulfill the service. After finishing the quote I was emailed exactly what was discussed during the visit. Once the work was scheduled, they were there when they said they were going to be. The foreman Chris was excellent. He came a day early to make sure that he understood what was going to be done and to make sure that we had the same expectations. He also made sure that everything was ready to be able to start working the next day. There were some screws that I left in the wall by mistake and needed to remove them, even though they had finished that area, they made sure that I as happy and filled in and repainted the area. On the third day, Chris and the other painter needed to be a little late, instead of just showing up an hour late, they left me a note the night before letting me know that because of a conflict that they would be a little later that day. They were awesome. One of the painters had a dog like mine and thought that she would like a bone like his gog used, so he brought her one, it was very thoughtful. After everything was done, a few days after the work, DMP followed up to make sure that I was completely satisfied. The paint work they did was perfect, the price was right and the thing that I like the best about this company was the way that they communicated and how professional they were. I would suggest this company to anyone and know that they would be well taken care of by Dennis Moffit Painting

Description of Work
They painted the inside of my house from the entry way through the family room, kitchen and up the stairs through the upstairs hallway.

04/09/2014

Pat D.

Amazing - the painters said they would be here at 7AM and each day they were on the button. Mike Moffitt responded to my first call for an estimate. We set a date to begin the job and it was the best decision we made. Chris and Steve were efficient and rganized - no mess..and they went the extra mile to create a new room for us. Working with a local company is very beneficial and we would most certainly recommend them.

Description of Work
remove existing wallpaper. paint ceiling, walls-(1coat primer, 2 coats paint), all windows, trim and doors.

12/18/2013

brian J.

The house was overdue for repainting and required a lot of preparation work before painting. The owner, Mike Moffit, did the onsite inspection himself. He spent a good bit of time talking with me about the requirements of the project, the process he proposed, and the rationale for that approach. We hired DMP over 4 other companies on Angie's List that we had bid on the job, based on professionalism, reasonable cost, good references and strong recommendations. DMP assigned a very competent and professional crew leader (Jaime Dominguez) to the project, and the owner and the operations manager both conducted progress inspections. DMP performed all phases of the work at a high level of quality, and delivered an outstanding result. The weather didn't always cooperate, and when that was the case, the onsite crew got busy with other tasks, going the "extra mile". We could not be any happier with the work they did - the exterior is in very good condition now and looks just great. We recommended them to neighbors across the street from us, who also hired DMP. Their house is looking good, too.

Description of Work
Preparation and painting of our 4BR wood frame suburban house.

12/17/2013

Barbara B.

The crew arrived on time each morning, worked throughout the day, cleaned up each afternoon and brought in more people to finish on time. We were very pleased with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
They painted three rooms over the course of three days.

12/05/2013

Carolyn H.

Very well. The house looks terrific! Workers were very polite, prompt, neat. Did a good job keeping me updated as to schedules and progress. I had a few questions during the project, and got thorough answers to them. Very little intrusion on our activities. A few shrubs near the house were battered, but only in the line of duty! (I know they will be fine.)

Description of Work
Power washed, painted exterior, including windows & trim.

12/02/2013

Ann C.

Owners and staff are very professional and friendly, in addition to being quite skilled at their jobs. We have used DMP for a number of painting jobs over the years and have been very pleased with the work that they have done.

Description of Work
This time, interior painting and papering. In past, both interior and exterior painting.

12/01/2013

Roland B.

Very professional, I felt comfortable staying in my home while the crew was completing the interior painting. They do great work, and clean up after themselves. |

11/24/2013

Tom G.

DMP is a first class painting contracting company. The foremen are exceptional with many years of service and the workers are very neat and friendly. The painting job came out perfect.

Description of Work
interior and exterior painting for a client.

11/18/2013

Nicole S.

They started more or less on time (there were weather issues), and proceeded with the work until it was done. They checked with us along the way for our input. We decided to have an additional washing of the stain with special chemical to get to a more uniform color. They were very attentive to details, painting our cellar bulkhead and front door as well as trellises.

Description of Work
Remove old paint and stain and paint the whole house