Buckley Heating & Cooling

Founded 1919 • With Angi since May 2007

4.1

1632 Kingstown Rd

Wakefield, RI 02879

A/C, refrigeration, heating, propane, heating & cooling installations, home heating oil, electric to oil conversions, space heaters, handyman services & heating assistance vendor....

02/28/2022

Emily B.

Zero stars. They delivered oil to my house last week without notice despite having asked to receive a courtesy notice via phone, text or email the day prior. They charged me 5.09 a gallon. It cost $700 to fill half of my oil tank. I called to have them explain this price to me…They said my cost is based on my usage. I’m a single mom of one who keeps the heat at 62 when away and never higher than 67 with a Nest thermostat. My oil is only for heat. When I asked them to explain what that meant they put me on hold for 5 minutes. When they returned they told me they have submitted my request to cancel my service with them. I am outraged. Please don’t ever use them unless you like to throw money away. Reported to BBB

Description of Work
Oil delivery

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,heating oil companies

09/04/2018

John B.

Buckley charged me $5.919 per gallon of propane. Amerigas, located 1 mile down the street, quoted me $2.71 for the same product. Buckley did not offer to adjust my bill, this is why I am switching to Buckley. BTW it is extremely difficult to determine lowest cost for propane delivery in the state of Rhode Island.

Description of Work
Propane delivery

Category propane sales

01/16/2017

DD D.

Excellent! The pre-customer service was excellent, and the tech who came was most professional and thorough! Thank you!

Description of Work
We reviewed and signed up for the service plan for our gas heat. We had the burner cleaned.

09/20/2016

christine A.

I bought a new condo in RI recently. Needed to update the a/c system. It took Buckley longer to call me back for the first estimate than the other 3 companies I called -- they didn't return my call for four days. I had used them for years in past homes and was hoping to use them again in my new condo. the salesman was very good when he came and got me an estimate quickly. I met some resistance from my condo board and the salesman came back to double check some technical issues (came a half hour late with no call) but again was very professional and nice. My Board asked some questions and requested a full proposal. I told them they would have it Monday. I emailed the salesman on Saturday,....called him Monday am.....he called me back on Tuesday am and said he didn't realize I had left him a message on Monday -- and after two or three minutes on the phone, he had to take another call, would call me back in five minutes. Its an hour later and I haven't heard. I'm going to look for another provider, I guess Buckley is too busy.

Description of Work
install a new mini split ductless a/c cystem

06/14/2016

AL A.

I used them a couple of years ago. I think it was $120.

Description of Work
I used Buckley Heating & Cooling for service. They redid my filter.

11/06/2013

Maria S.

Service tech arrived 8:30 a.m, checked relief valve and began to replace, then determined expansion tank should also be replaced. Left after 10 minutes, said would be right back, but don't turn on the water. After no one returned, we called back after noon, office said they didn't know where he was or what was up, would check and call back. Said they had the part, he would be back and they would call first. No call. Didn't return until 4:45p.m., no call to explain, no water all day. Came in, spent less than 20 minutes to finish job. Even tho minimum labor charge of one hour @ $105 per, they charged for 90 minutes despite only spending 30 minutes here. Called to complain about labor overcharge, tough luck. This is second billing dispute with Buckley about a repair, first time they changed out a part that turned out was not the problem, had to come back to fix what was really wrong, charged us for both repair visits until we complained and got adjustment - for the parts only. We have been propane customers for over 7 years with automatic pay, it is obvious that counts for zero.

Description of Work
We had small water leakage from hot water tank into drain pan. Called several days before, not an emergency, they scheduled for following Monday a.m. They ended up replacing relief valve, expansion tank.

03/16/2012

Michele K.

They have a great service contract. They are very thorough with their explanation of services. They respond quickly if there are any problems. They are very thorough. They do automatic fills. They are a little expensive.

Description of Work
We had our oil filled.

11/08/2011

Anthony T.

I've used them for over 20 years. They have been excellent and provide excellent service. Their prices are competitive. I got behind through the loss of a job and they were very lenient and helped me through that period.

Description of Work
I use Buckley Heating & Cooling.

09/30/2011

Jeffrey W.

They were on time. They did everything that they were supposed to do. They talked me out of doing things that I thought I needed to do and I liked that. Their prices were fine.

Description of Work
I used the services of Buckley Heating and Cooling six months ago for the annual servicing of our heating and air conditioning system.

10/25/2010

ANN M.

They need to respond to telephone calls and need to listen to problems. They did not do any of this. They came out without knowing what the problem was with a service man. When I called to get some response they never responded. The office staff is good but not the sales rep.

Description of Work
I have used Buckley Heating & Cooling in the past, and I just changed my company because I was totally dissatisfied with their response. They have serviced my heating and air conditioning for 30 years and now I just switched companies. They were recently sold to another person and this happened.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Northern Lights Electric Inc

Northern Lights Electric is your expert, Fully Licensed and Insured Residential Electrician Company serving southern New England. (shhh.... we also do small commercial) 13 employees. No sub-contractors. Cost is determined by the job. Preferred contact is email. License #'s: Master A-20059, and Journeyman E-51095. Licensed in ALL New England

Offers by Northern Lights Electric Inc on Angi
    SD Electrical Services

We are specialized in all aspects Electrical work. Residential and Comercial, New houses rough ins, old houses Rewires, septic systems control box wiring, service calls, trouble shooting non working Electrical systems, New Panel Installations, Service upgrades, Generators, restaurant equipment repair. Serving contractors, Home owners, Realtors and Landlords. No Job is to small or to big. Call now for a Free Estimate. (401)-208-4695

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available