We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

L Sweet Lumber Co Inc

Founded 1885 • With Angi since July 2010

709 Harris Ave

Providence, RI 02909

L. Sweet Lumber is a supplier of Quality Lumber and Building Materials (LBM). We are a frame-to-finish lumber yard, and we also specialize in custom millwork, moldings, hardwoods, softwoods and other hard-to-find products, especially for historical restoration. We also carry masonry, drywall, flooring, siding, roofing, hardware, tools, paints & coatings and related product lines. Offering quality products and professional service throughout Southern New England, We serve all professional builders, contractors, remodelers, architects, property managers, and other institutions, as well as home-owners and do-it-yourselfers. Local & Family-Owned since 1885!...

09/30/2015

Diane B.

Category decks

Thank you for the positive feedback [Member Name Removed] We greatly appreciate the A rating and are glad to hear you are satisfied with your deck/porch project!

09/25/2014

Susan R.

I called in for an order of more lumber and to do the work on the property. They called me and I finagled the price and haggled and I'm done. They already know they better give me the right price if not I'm going to go elsewhere. They're very courteous, friendly, and professional. I've been using them for 5 years now. I'm kind of like a joke now because I give them purchase orders according to what I'm feeling or what I'm looking at, what I'm needing and they laugh. They call me at lunch time, if it has something in front of me and I'll give them peeled pizza. Their quality is great.

Description of Work
I use L. Sweet Lumber for all our lumber needs on the property like pressure treatment, clapboard, trim boards and any kind of lumber work.

Category home improvement stores

We appreciate your kind review and your continued business over the last 5 years! We are glad to hear of your satisfaction and look forward to working with you in the future.

09/25/2014

alan G.

The details? Not much in the way of details except to say that when I went there to inquire about why my doors were painted I was told that this was the way they were ordered and there was nothing they could do about it. Not even a phone call to their supplier to see if something could be done. I was basically told "too bad". I am so glad I do not run my small business this way.

Description of Work
I purposefully went to a small business rather than the big, box store as I thought I would get more in the way of personal service. I was greatly mistaken. I was shown a showroom with Ken, the salesperson, full of unfinished doors which is what I thought I was going to get. Paid for them in advance. When they arrived they were primed white.

Category home improvement stores

L Sweet Lumber reached out to the customer to resolve this miscommunication. We offered to resolve the issue, but the customer actually found a way to use the primed doors for his home. Hopefully we can work together again in the future.

Valter Rego Masonry

Valter Rego Masonry has been in business since 2000. We offer great quality work. We return our call as soon as possible. No job is too small. Complete landscape construction. Feel free to call with any questions, we will be happy to help you. Forms of payment; Cash or Check. November special! 10 % off labor on Basement stucco reinforcement and fireplace surround. Project must be booked in the month of November. Customers please mention coupon at the time of appointment.

Adelino Soares Construction

30 years experience in the construction industry, with many satisfied customers. I guarantee you will be pleased with my work. We return our calls as soon as possible. We accept cash and checks. Feel free to call for a free estimate, we will be glad to help you! Award winning.

Jack Stone Co.

We are a small stone mason company out of Millis Massachusetts. I have been doing stonework for a little over 10 years. It is owned and operated by me, I am licensed and insured. We do everything from walkways to patios, retaining walls, fire pits, we also do any and all landscape design. Nothing is too big or too small.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Delivery, Estimates, Contractor Referrals, Showroom, Samples, Custom Millwork, Special Orders