UG Nasons

With Angi since August 2009

305-B Oliphant Ln

Middletown, RI 02842

16 EMPLOYEES. RARELY USE SUBS. MAY CHARGE MINIMUM TRIP FEE. PRICE DETERMINED PER JOB. ...

01/27/2020

Stephanie C.

The woman that answers the phones (sorry I forgot her name) She was so helpful and eased my mind that everything was going to be ok and I would have hot water soon. The tech Chris was so nice and explained everything to me. They literally go out of their way with amazing customer service. I will always use them and recommend anyone to them. Chris even went out of his way to make sure the company I was getting my parts from (they were under warranty) to reimburse me for the shipping that they charged me and I never received the parts the next day. Thank you. :)

Description of Work
2 elements needed to be replaced on my water heater

Category water heater repair

10/04/2017

Kallie J.

Great company with knowledgeable staff.

Description of Work
Repaired my ductless AC and heat pump.

06/07/2017

Suzanne S.

we wanted air conditioning in our small Newport cottage. it wasn't an easy job because small Newport cottages have their own challenges. luke suggested ductless on the bottom and traditional air conditioning on the second floor. three zones which is great. their price was the best of my three quotes. some said it couldn't be done I am happy with the job they did considering the limitations of our house. would definitely recommend and use again.

Description of Work
air conditioning installed

08/04/2016

Alexis M.

The tech (Kenny) was on time and polite and friendly and explained everything he did. I wasn't expecting it to cost so much, but that's probably not their fault.

Description of Work
Serviced central air. Replaced blown capacitor, checked freon, filled freon and added stop-leak sealant.

06/15/2016

M M.

I bought an old multifamily house and one of the units had a boiler that was disconnected and seemingly inoperable. Two other contractors did their best to sell me a new boiler, plus whatever it would cost to fix the pipes which could not be determined in advance. Luke from UG Nasons came out and said I think you can fix that boiler instead of replacing it. After getting three quotes ranging from $10,000 to $4000, I went with UG Nasons' bid. The pipefitter, Dave, was able to diagnose the exact problem, repair the boiler, fix the leaky pipes and replace a radiator (in a strange place in a stairwell with a strange narrow shape). This was all done in 2 days. They were great.

Description of Work
Fixed a boiler...

08/12/2015

Frank C.

Description of Work
Repaired evaporator coil in Air conditioning unit & related repairs

03/25/2015

Mark M.

They seemed to have the best pricing breakpoint compared to some of the other quotes we had gotten. The interaction with them was fine. It has been good so far.

Description of Work
I used UG Nasons for installation of a new heating system and air conditioner. I have got a maintenance contract with them.

10/12/2014

JOHN C.

We currently have a remodel ongoing, overseen by a general contractor which impacted nearly every area of our home. We converted from a simple oil heated, hot-water boiler type furnace, to multiple zone/level LP heat and electric air-conditioning units, so the entire system was built from scratch. The undertaking was complex and considerably large in size. Rob designed as well as installed the incredible duct system, Luke configured the individual components (furnaces, condensers, coils etc) and both of these experts consistently demonstrated exceptional technical knowledge, ability, dedication and professionalism. As a matter of fact, every UG Nasons’ technician who entered our home was uncommonly knowledgeable, organized, professional and completed their undertakings in a timely, efficient, orderly and neat manner. We could not be more impressed or satisfied with the heating and air conditioning system UG Nasons created for us. They are by-far the first sub-contractor to complete their work, they were the most responsive, as well as communicative, their pricing was reasonable and simply stated: UG Nasons, as well as the system they created, exceeded every expectation.

Description of Work
Installed a new efficient and comprehensive multi-level LP furnace and electric air conditioning system.

Category metal restoration

11/08/2011

Janet O. C.

We were finishing the basement, and they made custom sheet metal work for us. I took in my drawings and they were able to create what we needed for our windows. They've also done aluminum work for me. They are very nice and easy to deal with.

Description of Work
This company has changed ownership, and both owners have done custom sheet metal work for me over the years.

Category metal restoration

11/08/2010

Brian M.

UG Nasons was on time and did a thorough job. They always explained everything and left everything tidy. They made sure the entire system was working, checking everything for any possible problems.

Description of Work
UG Nasons worked on my air conditioning unit. The unit was not cold enough so they came out and did a maintenance check.

06/29/2010

Janet O. C.

I am extremely grateful to Nason's for their willingness to deal with my small custom jobs over the years!! That willingness made possible (and easy!) the improvements to my house that, otherwise, I would not have been able to make. Nason's took my word that my measurements and sketches were correct and did an excellent job each time at a very resonable price! I contacted the company for the first time in 1974, when the shop was in Newport. I just walked in and spoke to the man working there. I explained what I wanted (no.1, above) and gave him my measurements and sketches. He told me to come back in two days. I did so, paid the very reasonable price, went home and fount that the pieces were perfect! The pieces were such a time-saver in finishing the basement and looked so nice! At some point over the years since, the company changed hands and also moved to the Tradesmen's Center in Middletown. At least three more times, I went to Nason's, now in Middletown, with requests for small, custom pieces. They always took me (a woman and not in any part of the construction industry) seriously, never spoke to me patronizingly, and agreed to do the work. The jobs were done quickly, excellently, and inexpensively! For job no. 3, above, the man I spoke with (the owner?) even told me about the white-and-brown-finished aluminum that would be perfect (and time-saving) for that use! I liked, too, the woman who was at the front desk in recent years and who assisted me a couple of times. She is knowledgeable and helpful. Long may U. G. Nason's continue!

Description of Work
I have hired U. G. Nason's from 1974 to perhaps 2007 to fabricate, at least four times, custom aluminum sheet-metal pieces, made to my measurements, for my home. The items made were 1) pieces to bridge the gaps between the bottoms of basement windows and the inside of studded, sheet-rocked interior basement walls (going over the cement of the basement wall first), 2) a complicated piece to form the top of a new laundry chute from an upstairs hall to the basement, covering the sheet-rocked and studded wall-edge and overshooiting a lumber-rack in the basement, 3) two vertical aluminum pieces, white on the outside and brown on the inside, bent in a certain way, to form flanges and points of attachment for a white, curved, easily-removable cover for the pipes under a bathroom, wall-hung sink, and 4) an extension piece for the basement-part of the laundry chute, made necessary by a change in the placement of the dirty-clothes box accessed from the laundry room.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,metal restoration

08/26/2009

CHRISTINE A.

Excellent. The man who came really knows his business and was able to identify uncaulked connections and improperly sealed ducts. These gaps allowed bad attic and basement air to permeate my house, and decreased the efficiency of my system. He repaired the system quickly and the problem is gone.

Description of Work
Checking out an a/c system that had been installed by another company to find out why I was smelling basement mold in my downstairs and stale attic air in my upstairs.

Square 1 Home Improvement Solutions

Square 1 Home Improvement Solutions is a multi service sales and installation company serving RI, CT and Southern Massachusetts. We specialize in Flooring sales and installation, Hardwood refinishing, Air duct and dryer vent cleaning, carpet and upholstery cleaning, tile and grout cleaning, interior and exterior painting, and powerwashing. Locally owned and operated, Square 1 Home Improvement Solutions has over 30 years experience in the Home Improvement industry. We have a flooring mobile showroom, meaning we bring the whole store to you so you can shop from the comfort of your own home. We also have a no-haggle price structure, so you can be confident that you will get our best price without the need to negotiate. Additionally, we can finance all of your project up to $100,000 to turn your Home Improvement projects into affordable monthly payments. Visit our website to get pre approved for financing with no hit to your credit. BOOK A FREE IN HOME ESTIMATE ONLINE!! www.Square1USA.com.

Offers by Square 1 Home Improvement Solutions on Angi
    Cotti-Johnson Heating-Cooling-Electrical

Are you having problems with your homes Heating, Air Conditioning, or Electrical systems? Or is your home just not as comfortable as you would like? Are you looking for a contractor that can handle all your systems with one call? Welcome to Cotti-Johnson, your one stop shop for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Electrical systems. We can handle anything from a simple light fixture replacement or a furnace tune up to a Home Standby Generator or Ductless system. Our crews are well trained in large scale jobs as well. From a whole house rewire to a complete zoned central air system you can control with your smartphone, we can handle it. We service all your indoor comfort needs. We understand how frustrating it can be when one of your homes critical comfort systems goes down. We offer 24/7 emergency services to get your systems up and running when you need them most. We offer professional design services for Landscape Lighting, Indoor Lighting, and Duct Layouts as well. Give us a call to see what Cotti-Johnson can do for you. Don't forget to ask about our 10 year warranty! 1-844-48-COTTI

Offers by Cotti-Johnson Heating-Cooling-Electrical  on Angi
    A Good Plumber

A Good Plumber is a family owned and operated company. Skilled in all facets of plumbing from small repairs to multi-residential and commercial work. We deliver a high level of skill at an affordable price and are fully licensed and insured.

Check, MasterCard, Visa

Complete design & installation, radiant & baseboard heating, air conditioning, ventilation & sheet metal contractors.