Rooterman of Rhode Island

Founded 2011 • With Angi since June 2012

3.5

2211 Hartford Av

Johnston, RI 02919

Rooterman of Rhode Island is a local professional plumbing, sewer, and drain cleaning company. Rooterman provides services to homeowners as well as businesses such as: chain stores, realtors, municipalities, condos, etc. No job is too big or too small for Rooterman!...

09/23/2022

Elaine S.

He was very rude. I told him how could you do this to an old woman then he said "well you'll be dead soon so you don't have to complain", he was very very rude.

Description of Work
My two toilet wouldn't flush, he put two handles on my toilet. My toilets kept running and running, he didn't put flaps on it as well.

07/31/2021

Cassandra B.

Beware of this company. My husband had called and scheduled an estimate with Bill from rooter man for the next day between 10 AM - 12 PM to look at connecting our washer to our sewer line. Bill also said we could get their company to collapse our dry well since the company was full service even though we told them we just needed them for the washer connection. No one showed up for our estimate. I called their phone number at 12:00 PM to find out if the estimate was still happening. At first no one answered. I called back and a gentlemen who did not identify himself or the company name answered. I asked if it was rooter man and he said yes. I started to explain that we had an estimate scheduled for 10 - 12 and no one showed up. The man proceeded to say what work did you need done and I explained what the estimate was once again. The man proceeded to say that dispatch would get back to me. I was about to ask if he needed my name, number, or address again and the man hung up. Completely unprofessional company. They seem to screen their phone calls as well and do not pick up on purpose even if you have an appointment scheduled with them and no one shows up. Not sure how this company is so highly rated, what a joke.

Description of Work
Connecting washer to sewer line

06/07/2021

Colleen D.

okay

Description of Work
Came by to fix the flange and replaced it.

09/18/2020

Jennifer B.

Said they would show up between 8-10 on Friday, so I called off work. They never showed up, did not call, did not answer my calls. Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Replacing shutoff valves.

Category drain pipe

09/18/2020

NANCY H.

Hired to check out a leak under the kitchen sink which turned out to be from the garbage disposal. Tim and Paul were quick, courteous and professional, and made helpful referrals to deal with the water damage. I appreciate them sticking around to answer some of my questions about the plumbing in general.

Description of Work
leak under the kitchen sink

07/24/2020

Joe S.

These people are oriented towards unclogging drains not reccomended for real plumbing job. Callesd and said they would be at house from 8-10am. Called at 125 saying they were 15 minutes away. Then came next day and said they would have to send someone else. Never came back

Description of Work
Needed a flow valve replaced

01/17/2020

Don L.

I applied on Angies list for a quote on Thursday evening. less than 10 min I got a call from the owner of Rooterman plumbing in RI, quoted me a new toilet with new wax seal. We agreed to price, Friday morning he was at my house by 9am and change the toilet with new, took old toilet away and price was exactly as quoted. I like quick service and HONESTY!!

Description of Work
Changed out leaking toilet with new toilet and new wax ring.

11/04/2019

THOMAS S.

It went very well. They called me back right away on Sunday morning and they were here to do the job the next day. Tim did a very good job. Fast, efficient and very polite. Price was reasonable. I will call them again.

Description of Work
Leaky pipe under tub on second floor. Access in kitchen cabinet

10/02/2019

Lawrence K.

Prompt response and came out next day. He was very nice, did a great job and I feel the price was reasonable for the work performed. Would definitely use for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
install gas piping for shutoff behind kitchen range

08/06/2019

Adam M.

Dave came out and worked on my water heater . He was very professional and courteous. Price was good and he is very trustworthy. Would definitely use this company again

Description of Work
Water heater

10/14/2018

Darin P.

The contact through Angie's went great, then there was a broken seat, another hour and 400 dollars. Now, an even $1,000 later I have a new toilet that still runs and wastes water and it leaks and rocks on the base. It is running right now and leaking onto the floor. So I don't have any more money for this project, obviously I got screwed again in South County and I have two more toilets that are old and need to be replaced. I was hoping to do them all for that much. So I have nothing. Less than nothing. The only reason I called a contractor was because the old toilet was running. I can buy a lot of water for a thousand dollars.

Description of Work
Replace Toilet

09/24/2018

Rick M.

I had a plumber from Rooter Man give me a quote for a plumbing leak in my kitchen. The leak started in the bathroom. To replace the plumbing and put in a new toggle lever for the bathroom drain was $650 and would take them 2 to 3 hours. Fortunately I had another plumber look at the same job. He said the leak was caused by the drain toggle plate was loose. All I had to do was put silicone around the plate and the problem is solved. A $4 solution not $650.

Description of Work
Plumbing leak

08/19/2018

Theresa J.

Plumber was unable to clear clog and made matters worse and charged $300. Hired Roto Rooter and they were able to unclog pipes with some effort.

Description of Work
Clogged Drainage in kitchen pipes.

08/14/2018

Charlene L.

Bill was very friendly and professional. He answered all of my questions regarding the problem at hand as well as other plumbing questions pertaining to other areas of my home. He diagnosed the problem and gave me a price for the work needed. He was done in under an hour. I plan to call Rooterman when I am ready to do the other jobs.

Description of Work
Outdoor faucet was leaking/broken.

08/05/2017

Robert B.

On June 25th Rooter-Man repaired a leak on the horizontal drain pipe underneath 2 sinks in a kitchen cabinet. It was leaking where the copper pipe was soldered. Charged $450 to have this repair done. Upon repair of that leak, water was still found leaking onto the floor of the cabinet beneath sink. This leak came from the garbage disposal. On the 19th of july, the garbage disposal was replaced. Charged $375 to have this repair done. Upon repair of the disposal, the dishwasher drain wasn’t functional. Waste water collecting in the dishwasher & not draining out. Someone from Rooter-Man sent to correct this issue. Upon completion of resolving dishwasher drain, observed a large puddle of water collecting on kitchen floor. One of the pipes connecting to the sink drain was completely disconnected. PVC piping was cut to an inadequate length allowing the pipe to slip apart beneath sink. This was discovered after running the dishwasher & a huge puddle of water leaked on to the kitchen floor. Picture of the garbage disposal disconnected from drain pipes attached below. At this point began to attempt repairs by purchasing fittings and PVC from Home Depot. Also contacted another plumber to make repairs. & the garbage disposal installed is no longer functioning. A visit by another plumber resolved the garbage disposal issue. A ‘knockout’ was found inside the disposal causing the motor to jam. This knockout was part of the new garbage disposal and was inside of it. Stay away from Rooter-Man in Johnston.

Description of Work
repair to a leaking kitchen sink drain

03/11/2015

Brendan H.

Description of Work
We had a sewer main blockage and called Rooterman. They came and worked all day to fix the problem economically. It turned out that we needed to have the front lawn dug up to replace the old clay pipe. They were extremely sensitive of our situation, very professional and listened to all of our questions. Not to mention they were great with our kids too! They only did what was necessary to remediate the situation to keep the cost at a minimum and advocated for us with the inspector. They made a terrible situation better with their professionalism. It felt as though it was someone we knew well doing the work. Highly recommend them.

Category excavators, plumbing

11/26/2014

Jim T.

They sent 1 plumber, who was replaced halfway through the job with another plumber. The whole job took 5 hours.

Description of Work
They replaced the shower diverter valve and fixed a leaky kitchen sink.

Kyles Home Improvement

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in Remodeling services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

Thumbs Up Plumbing & Drain Clearing LLC.

You can rely on Thumbs Up Plumbing for complete residential and commercial plumbing services. We provide a wide range of general plumbing services, and we install, repair, and maintain water heaters and water softeners. We're available 24/7, so call today for your free consultation.

Sureflow Rooter Service And Drain Cleaning

24/7 Emergency Sewer & Drain Cleaning Service. We never charge emergency fee's and are always on call when you have a clogged drain.

Plumbing repairs and installation, Drain cleaning, Septic Installation, Plumbing inspections,