Ocean State Home Improvement Inc

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2006

8 Brookwood Dr

Johnston, RI 02919

We are a full service home remodeling company....

05/01/2020

Despina M.

GREAT SERVICE- gave me a quote and did the job the SAME DAY! Very fair pricing! Very professional and clean! Would hire again.

Description of Work
I had an aluminum frame around a window redone

Category picture framing,siding

Thank [Member Name Removed] for this positive review and thank you for your business. I look forward to actually meeting you in person this coming week to quote your floor tile job. I will reach out to you soon. Be Safe 😀😀😀

08/19/2019

Paula B.

John and his crew were very professional. He came right away, quoted me a price and advised me on the materials and work I needed done. As soon as I agreed, I didn't have to wait. The materials were delivered promptly and the work started. His crew came at the time they said and worked diligently. He has a hard working crew including his two very respectful sons. His son Nick answered all of my questions and kept me informed on what they were planning on doing for the day. All of the guys were professional and cleaned up at the end of each day. John was here checking on his crew everyday and making sure I was happy. He kept me informed if problems came up and there were no surprises or unexpected costs at the end. The house was finished in 5 days and it looks amazing. Everyone tells me that it looks like a brand new house. I would recommend John and his crew and use them again when I need work done,

Description of Work
Vinyl siding, decks, gutters

Category decks,gutter repair,siding,woodworking

Thank you so much for recognizing the hard work we put in. Your home looks great and will for many years. I look forward to hearing from you on your next project. Enjoy your home!!!

03/28/2018

Anna G.

Awesome!!! These guys are fast, and very good. We’ve had so many bad experiences with other companies, but John and his crew are awesome. Door was installed within about 2 hours and is exactly what we wanted!

Description of Work
Needed a new door installed

Category replacement windows,doors

I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying your door. It was my pleasure working for you and I look forward to working on your next project. Please keep in touch. Thank you

03/28/2018

Anna G.

Great! John and his crew are total pros. They work hard and work fast. Done in a day, cleaned up and the work was great. Would hire them again in a heartbeat to help us with out 100 year old house!

Description of Work
Replaced rotten cedar shingles, put in new flashing and housewrap

Category siding

Thank you again and also thanks for your patience since it did take longer than I originally told you. Your business is greatly appreciated.

12/16/2015

Ken S.

ON time, good clean up, excellent windows.

Description of Work
Replaced six windows. Excellent work

Category replacement windows

11/08/2015

carla K.

I met with John DiMauro from Ocean State Home Improvement in early September of this year. He was very acommadating with meeting me at my home in south county ,RI. It was a little difficult for me as I live out of state approx 1.5 hours away, from the house where I intended to have the work done. I had already met with 3 other contractors, Ocean State Home Imp. was the fourth.I was first impressed by the fact that the person meeting with was the actual owner of the company. He was not a sales man, or a one man show. He was the owner of an actual company that had a 30+ year history and a crew of experienced installers. He not only was the owner of this company but he had worked as one of the crew for his father that owned it before him. I could tell right away that this was a family business, and there was a lot of pride in that. I knew that day that he was the contractor I wanted, I gave him a deposit and signed a contract. I was hoping to try and have the work done before the end of the year, John told me we could plan on getting this started in 7-8 wks after signing the contract. So I was thinking around the first couple weeks of November. They were actually ahead of schedule and started Oct 19th. I was a little nervous about having all this going on, and not being around so I would travel 2-3x a week to the house to see how things were going. The crew that John sent was amazing. Mike, Nick, Wilson and Matt were there at 8am in the morning worked all day, were very polite, always took time to talk to me give me updates on what was going to happen and when, answered all my questions. Never once complained about having to work around things that the people who lived in the house might have in the way. Extremely professional all the way! John had estimated that the job would probably take a couple weeks, and I honestly have to tell you I had my doubts, but I was ok with it taking longer I wanted the job done right not fast. Exactly 2 weeks later on Oct 30th the job was finished completely. They left the property spotless. The work was expertly done and I couldn't be happier with it. I have received many compliments from friends and neighbors, even my 80 yr old father approved and he rarely approves of anything! I would not hesitate to recommend Ocean State Home Improvement to anyone!

Description of Work
Vinyl siding on entire house, trim and shutters Gutters and downspouts with gutter guards installed Replaced 25 windows and 2 exterior doors

Category gutter repair,siding,replacement windows,doors

Thank you {Member's name} for recognizing all the efforts that we as a team put into making your job a success. Many contractors just don't understand the importance of communicating and working professionally. Thank you so much for your hospitality and the thought ful gifts you gave my workers. I look forward to working with you on your next project. Enjoy😀

05/13/2015

Louise B.

I contacted John DiMauro of OSHI based on my research on Angie's List. Everyone who had dealt with him gave him "A" rating in all categories. He also had a good number of years of experience in his field performing a variety of work. Of importance to me was that he also provided 24 hour emergency service. I called him concerned with my problem which was a piece of siding that had detached near the roof due to very heavy winds and rain. It was about 15 feet wide and hanging loose but it ultimately fell to the ground. I emailed John in the evening and he called me early the next morning. He said he would fix the problem but that he wouldn't be able to get to it for about a couple of weeks but that if he could, he would try to fix it at the end of the week should certain things fall in place on the job he was currently involved with. John is definitely a man of his word. Whenever I called, emailed or texted him, he would respond as soon as he could. He was always very pleasant to deal with and it is evident that he is very customer focused where he wanted to make sure that he not only did the job right but maintained efficient communication. The piece of siding was properly replaced and very neatly done. The job was completed in the week that I called. I was impressed with this as well as every aspect of my dealings with him. My carpenter recently passed away after better than 20 years of doing business with him. I'm happy to have found John DiMauro of OSHI because as I told him, I will definitely contact him again in the future for any type of work that needs to be done. He is a true professional and great at what he does!

Description of Work
OSHI fixed a piece of siding that detached near the roof of my three story home. It was about 15 feet long.

Category contractors,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking

It was great working for you and hope to actually meet you someday on your next project. Thank you for recognizing my dedication it's not always easy to be on target but I give it my best. Even on small jobs like yours. I'm looking forward to hearing from you in the future. Thank you

04/14/2015

Donna P.

From the first call to end of job, it all went perfectly. Complete installation of windows took 1 day and gutters/downspouts took a 2nd day. John offered ideas for future cost savings/efficiencies but did not in any way push us. We followed his advice to vinyl wrap all window trim and add gutter guards. We have since called him back to replace our roof which will be done in a few weeks. The house was clean of all debris and I can't say enough about his professionalism.

Description of Work
Installed 16 windows and replaced all gutters/downspouts.

Category gutter repair,roofing,replacement windows,woodworking

Thank you [member name removed] for the great review it means a lot to me that I do everything I can to make my customers 100% satisfied. We are looking forward to doing your roofing project soon and will make sure that also goes as well as everything else did. Thank you and say hello to Charlie Brown for me lol.

11/07/2014

Raymond R.

My wife and I wanted to have new windows and doors installed in our 80 year old home. We decided to call Ocean state Home Improvement. John the owner returned my call within 24 hours and we set up a date for an estimate. He arrived right on time and measured all the windows and doors that we wanted replaced. He showed me the 2 types of windows he uses and explained the benefits of both. I wanted to order the doors from Lowe's so he wrote down the size of all the doors that I needed to order. He made the whole process easy and comfortable as if we had known him for years. I gave him a deposit right then and there. At Lowe's the sales person had a question about the doors that I couldn't answer so I called John and he returned my call promptly and the problem was resolved. When it came time to install the windows and doors the whole process went off without a hitch, he also gave us a several day notice when he could do the job so we could plan for it. We wanted a certain type of molding for the inside of the new windows, not finding that type at his regular supplier he made the extra effort to find it some place else so we could have what we wanted. After the work was completed there was a problem with one of the entry doors (hard to close) and John spent well over an hour working on the problem trying to correct it. He did, now the door works fine. My wife and I love our new doors and windows, no more cold drafts, storm windows or the constant rattles when the wind blew. John does great work at a fair price. Ray and Fran North Providence

Description of Work
Installed new windows and doors.

Category replacement windows,doors

Thank you so much for the positive and genuine review . It was my pleasure working on your home . It's always great to hear that the efforts don't go unnoticed and always know that I'm here for you if needed. Thank you John

05/06/2014

Joseph R.

Job went great, contractor was readily available and response was quick. Workmanship was excellent. We will now be using them to remodel our kitchen and replace the front entry door.

Description of Work
Completely gutted and rebuilt finished basement.

Category remodeling,replacement windows,basement remodeling

Thank you for the positive review I really enjoy hearing that my customers are completely satisfied. It makes all the hard work worth it . Looking forward to remodeling your kitchen & door. John DiMauro

Above All Roofing

Above All Roofing is a family owned and operated, full service, home improvement company dedicated to home beautification and restoration. Protecting our clients’ investment with durable, guaranteed products, increasing home values, and our professional, courteous employees are all sources of pride. We treat every project like it is our own home. Above All Roofing completes more than 100 home improvement projects each year, making Above all Roofing one of the most experienced and trusted home improvement companies in Rhode Island and throughout New England. Above All Roofing is fully licensed and insured and is member of the Better Business Bureau. The company serves all of New England from its offices in North Smithfield, Rhode Island.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Klaus Larsen LLC

When you choose Klaus Larsen LLC, you select a company of professionals who take great pride in our craftsmanship, and treat you, your time, and your property with the utmost respect. We make sure that before we leave your home, you are completely satisfied with our work and our cleanup, and we consider you a customer for as long as our warranty lasts. And that’s a lifetime! Klaus Larsen LLC serves Connecticut and Rhode Island with roofing services such as roof replacement, roof repair, gutters, attic insulation, and more. Put a Klaus on Your House! Call us for a free, no-obligation estimate today! About Klaus Larsen: Klaus Larsen bought his first apartment building in Denmark at the age of 21, renovating every single one of the 13 apartments in it in less than three years. At the age of 32, he immigrated to the US with his tools and $300 in his pocket to live the American Dream. Little did he know those metric tools would do him little good in a country that only used inches and feet. By 1998 he was able to start his own home improvement business, becoming a roofing-only company in 2010. Klaus is well known for his historic work, using his ingenious creativity to update antique homes so their roofs perform properly while maintaining their architectural integrity. His attention to detail and Old World craftsmanship have earned him a reputation for helping to maintain New England’s rich history while integrating state-of-the-art roofing technology into it’s homes.

Windows - sales, installation & service, doors - sales & installation, siding.