East Side Construction

Founded 1986 • With Angi since January 2010

21 Dexter Road

East Providence, RI 02914

Rhode Island home remodeling, renovation, general contracting services for residential homes and business.  Owner Chris Voll has been in the construction, remodeling, and home improvement business since 1986.  From basement remodeling to roofing and emergency repairs - his crew has the experience to build your dreams from top to bottom....

04/03/2014

anne O.

I had architectural plans already. I asked for a bid. He came quickly and let me know the bid would be ready in a couple of weeks. However, then the head of East Side had a family crisis so he couldn't get me the bid on time. I really wanted to work with them because I was so impressed with their reviews and professionalism, so I asked him just to do a bid for one room of the house so I could get a feeling for their prices. The winning bid would get the whole house remodel. I didn't hear back for quite a while. After emailing and calling repeatedly for three months, I finally got the bid. I had expected it to be higher than others because of this team's exceptionally high quality and reputed speediness on the actual job. However it was double - that's 100% higher - than the other two bids I'd gotten. I don't know if that's because he really didn't want the job because he was too busy or if their prices are really nosebleed compared to competitors. In the end I gave the job to another firm who are doing a fine job so far with it.

Description of Work
Submitted a bid to do a major home renovation worth low six figures.

Category remodeling

WE WERE VERY UP FRONT WITH THIS CUSTOMER,WE EXPLAINED THAT WE COULD NOT MEET HER SHORT TIME FRAME FOR THE BID DUE TO A FAMILY ILLNESS.HER PLANS WERE COMPLETELY CHANGED.OUR PRICE WAS HIGHER I AM SURE BUT HER JOB HASNT BEEN FINISHED BY THE CHEAPER GUY SO STAYED TUNED IM SURE SHE WILL BE WRITING HIM A BAD REVIEW THIS WOMAN IS THE EDITOR OF A MARIJUANA MAGAZINE SO IT DOESNT SUPRISE US THAT HER REVIEW WAS A BIT HARSH AND MIXED UP..........SHES STONED

01/06/2014

Qiufu B L.

Provider did not return calls where I left voice mails (2), nor E-mail (1). Never had to chance to even talk to anyone.

Description of Work
Called to get a professional opinion on various repairs and quotes.

Category remodeling

THIS GUY IS A HOUSE FLIPPER LOOKING FOR NUMBERS FOR HIS BANK,WE TRIED TO CONTACT HIM WE EVEN WENT TO THE HOUSE ONLY TO DISCOVER THAT HE DIDNT END UP BUYING THE HOUSE AND HE DIDNT LIVE THERE WE REPORTED ALL THIS INFO TO ANGIES LIST BECAUSE WE SPEND A GREAT DEAL OF MONEY ADVERTISING ON ANGIES LIST,YES WE PAY TO BE ON ANGIES LIST CONTRARY TO WHAT THEY SAY. PLEASE READ THE REVIEWS FROM CUSTOMERS WHO WE HAVE DONE WORK FOR NOT THE ONES THAT WE SCREENED OUT AS NOT BEING A GOOD FIT FOR OUR COMPANY

10/18/2013

Terrence F.

Went extremely well - kept to schedule (actually faster than originally scheduled) and came in almost $1,200 under budget, as certain items/costs were not ultimately necessary. Crew was efficient & timely, and did quality work - clean-up done well every day

Description of Work
Compl.ete kitchen renovation - removal of old kitchen (floors, appliances, cabinets, etc) and installation of new floors, cabinets, ceiling repair, plumbing & electrical

12/03/2012

Sarah V.

I had a number of items to be done around the house. Chris and his crew added shutters to our home, helped with some issues with the stairs and electrical wiring. The fellows were very nice and polite, and arrived promptly on the days they were supposed to. I have contacted them again (5 times) both through telephone and email and they have not responded. I know they are busy, but they have lost my business due to the lack of response. Overall, their work when you can get them is great.

Description of Work
fixed squeaky stairs fixed doorbell added and painted shutters patched and painted ceiling rebuild screens

Category drywall,electrician,remodeling,screen repair,home remodeling,house painters,interior painters

Some serious communication issues happened here,we responded very promptly to this past customer via email 3xs,unfortunatly we were given 2 different email addresses so it became lost in transaction.We respond to all emails promptly Im sure there were not 5 unanswered emails.Above all the member was happy with our work,email does have its glitches

06/26/2012

Laurie P.

East Side Construction was the highest quote that we received of the 4 companies that we contacted and they were worth every penny! We went with the highest quote because after meeting with Chris at his showroom we understood that they would be using the highest quality materials in our renovation. Chris and his team were professional and informed us of everything that was occurring with the construction on a daily basis. The renovation took approximately 5 weeks and they stayed true to the schedule that they provided to us. I cannot stress enough how highly we recommend East Side Construction for any remodeling projects that you are considering.

Description of Work
East Side Construction renovated our basement into a beautiful family room.

Category remodeling,basement remodeling

01/05/2012

Carlos G.

Chris is extremely professional and his team was equally as efficient, kind and helpful. From the beginning he demonstrated a lot of patience while we thought through our ideas for finishing our basement. He was extremely knowledgeable about the process and was able to provide us with samples to review. The entire project was completed in a timely fashion after we decided upon materials and a time frame. There was virtually no mess or disruption to our existing home and space and the team was courteous and tidy. We were extremely satisfied with the entire process and there were no delays, concerns or problems. Our vision for the finished space was accomplished exactly as we had imagined. The few minor items that we wanted changed or altered were done without any hesitation. Chris responded promptly and patiently to all our questions. We couldn't be happier with our new space. We would highly recommend East Side Construction for any remodeling or construction project - after searching many contractors we are so happy that we chose to have Chris and his team finish our basement.

Description of Work
We had an unfinished basement that we wanted to be redesigned and finished. Chris was able to help us conceive an idea for our basement and also had his associate, a designer help in this process. We decided upon a plan that included dividing our basement space into an office area, gym and living room area. He reviewed the necessary changes involved and constructed dividing walls, watersealed the walls and sprayed insulation. His team was involved with placing track lighting as well as recessed lighting. In the office he placed tray ceiling, designed cupboard space and constructed shelving units. He installed our dehumidifier, french doors and all lighting. We had flooring installed and they completed all painting and installation of our electronics.

Category custom cabinets,electrician,flooring contractor,insulation,lighting,remodeling,basement waterproofing,woodworking,interior painters,doors,basement remodeling

11/26/2011

Nicole L.

East Side Construction worked carefully and efficiently. Each day I could see remarkable results. The project was completed within two weeks; in those two weeks was a lead time for the new countertops. Chris made sure everything was finished correctly and exchanged cabinetry that he wasn't satisfied with. He also made sure that I went through the kitchen and told him any issues I may have had. My new kitchen was up and running in plenty of time for Thanksgiving dinner and I have received many compliments. The team was neat, polite and very respectful of my home. I absolutely will use East Side Construction again.

Description of Work
In wanting to remodel my turn of the century kitchen, I had no idea where to begin. I found Chris online, and he referred me to Cypress Design as a place to start. Once ready with the design, I met with Chris so he could take his measurements and we could discuss other logistics of the remodel. I felt his price was very fair. Chris and his team installed overhead and base cabinetry, moved my kitchen sink, installed a moulding on existing beadboard around the kitchen, installed a tile backsplash and repurposed original bead board for a backsplash. They also installed my dishwasher and overhead microwave. Chris also worked with my father who had a few suggestions of his own regarding some plumbing for the new placement of the sink.

Category custom cabinets,ceramic tile,electrician,plumbing,remodeling,home remodeling

11/10/2011

nancy A.

I called East Side Construction to have my kitchen remodeled, they referred us to Cypress Design Co. for design work and materials. Once Cypress Design Co. finished the plans and we chose all our materials, Chris came back and using their plans gave us a very detailed proposal on the costs to install all of the products. Once we approved his proposal, he then sent us a very detailed contract with payment schedule and then a construction schedule listing the start date through the completion date and all the different tasks and the days they were to be completed. Before our project started Chris had a few visits with the different trades people and secured all the proper permits, as well as taking quite a bit of time to explain the entire process. About a week before the project was to start East Side Construction dropped off some complimentary boxes for me to put all of my plates, dishes, pots and pans in - which I though was a really nice touch. The day the project was to start the crew arrived bright and early and spent most of the day installing dust barriers and moving my furniture so that nothing would get damaged. The project went along just as the schedule described, even though I made a few changes along the way. Chris spent time explaining to me about the changes and the extra costs and gave me everything in a written description. My project was completed a week early and I absolutely love my kitchen. East Side Construction's crew were very polite, very neat and clean. One of my co-workers remodeled her kitchen before mine and went with the cheapest bid she could find and had nothing but a huge, long drawn out horror show. I know East Side Construction wasn't the cheapest, but my finished product and the experience from start to finish was well worth the money.

Description of Work
Total kitchen remodel.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you so much for your kind words! Your comments pretty much describe this project to the "T" We had fun and you were great to work with!!!

11/09/2011

Lee A.

I would, without hesitation, recommend East Side Construction for any remodeling job. Professional, fully insured, great communication, fair pricing, and a job finished completely and on time. We were absolutely satisfied with every aspect of the job and that is the first time I can say that about a contractor that has done work in our home. We will only use East Side going forward and we have already recommended them to our family and friends.

Description of Work
East Side Construction just completed a full remodeling job on our master bathroom. The work was completed on time, on budget, and in a profesional manner. From start to finish the process was seamless. The estimate was complete, detailed, and delivered in a timely manner. They were not the cheapest bid but they came so highly recommended that we thought it was a good idea to pay a few dollars more and get quality work. We were not dissappointed. Chris (the owner) communicated with us throughout the process and the crew showed up when they said they would and worked in a professional manner. The jobsite and surrouding area was immaculate every day when the crew departed and they always interacted with our family in a friendly and professional way. The job was completed on time (before Thanksgiving) just as they said it would be and we couldn't be happier. Our once dated bathroom looks like it should be featured in a magazine.

Category remodeling,home remodeling

Thank you ! i am glad you understand that the cheapest price does not always mean the best quality work,we may be a little more expensive but our standards and employees make the difference in the finished product We also did this clients mother in laws kitchen We strive for repeat busisness,long term customers, and word of mouth refferals

10/28/2011

Leonard E.

Excellent. Yard was cleaned and cleared every day and Workers were polite.

Description of Work
I had both sides my my home reshingled and the roof repaired from damage from the tropical storm

Category remodeling,roofing,siding,home remodeling

Another storm damage repair,that went off with out a hitch !

Above All Roofing

Above All Roofing is a family owned and operated, full service, home improvement company dedicated to home beautification and restoration. Protecting our clients’ investment with durable, guaranteed products, increasing home values, and our professional, courteous employees are all sources of pride. We treat every project like it is our own home. Above All Roofing completes more than 100 home improvement projects each year, making Above all Roofing one of the most experienced and trusted home improvement companies in Rhode Island and throughout New England. Above All Roofing is fully licensed and insured and is member of the Better Business Bureau. The company serves all of New England from its offices in North Smithfield, Rhode Island.

Ned Stevens Gutter Cleaning & Installations, LLC

When you choose Ned Stevens for your gutter cleaning, gutter repair, gutter installation, and other services, you can count on exceptional quality of work and outstanding customer service. Our labor staff are all our own employees, and we train them in our state-of-the-art training facility focusing on quality work. Our work is 100% Guaranteed. Your satisfaction is our goal. We want to make your gutter cleaning experience effortless. You never need to be home! We are fully insured and guarantee all of our work. Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today!

Smiley Ventures

We specialize in Interior Painting, Hardwood Flooring, Bathroom Renovations and New Kitchens. Very personal service and worth your time to contact us for a discussion regarding your project. 20 Years of experience in the construction and development business.

Check, Visa, MasterCard

General contractor, remodeling, kitchens, bathrooms, basement remodeling, flooring, tile, hardwoods, painting, concrete, excavation & new additions.