We offer estimates and quotes using video calling

Yardley Kitchen Bath

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2010

219 W Afton Ave

Yardley, PA 19067

Creating inspiring places to live your everyday! A multi-year award-winning company, Yardley Kitchen Bath (YKB), also known as Tinkermens Construction, Inc, is committed to providing excellent and hassle-free service for your kitchen & bath remodeling project. We work closely with our clients to

07/20/2020

Klaus B.

We obtained three estimates. Yardley Kitchen Bath was prompt (the first) in replying to our inquiry and schedule an estimate visit. The estimate was conducted thoroughly and professionally. Yardley Kitchen Bath was prompt (the first) in providing a detailed estimate. Among the three potential contractors, Yardley Kitchen Bath’s cost fell in the middle. We selected them since the quote gave us the highest confidence that the work would be done well and stay close to the estimated cost. And they proved us correct! A professional face-to-face meeting at Yardley Kitchen Bath finalized the planned work and cost. The work start was scheduled within a reasonable time frame. COVID-19 delayed the start; however, Yardley Kitchen Bath kept us informed throughout the delay, and managed the start appropriately. Each bathroom was completed within one week, separated by a mutually agreed time interval. The professional crew was efficient, friendly, accommodating, and performed the work well. We are very pleased with the end results. We would certainly use this Yardley Kitchen Bath again.

Description of Work
The work consisted of remodeling two bathrooms.

06/05/2019

Foderaro B.

Everything went well. There was constant communication and ultimately everything was on schedule and budget!

Description of Work
remodel of bathroom and add a laundry room

06/04/2019

Sonia F.

The process when really well. It is beautiful now and handicapped accessible. I don't need to worry about slipping or falling. The workers were very friendly and professional. They were easy to talk to and answered any questions I had. They always arrived on time ready to work.

Description of Work
Bathroom redone to get rid of sunken tub and rusted sink..

05/31/2019

A C.

John and his team did a great job !! I would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
New Powder room

Category remodeling, home remodeling

03/12/2019

Bob T.

Outstanding job. Yardley Kitchen and Bath are very good to work with. They have good ideas and do the highest quality work. Highest quality craftsmanship. They finished the job on time. They start a job and stay until it is complete. No going back and forth between multiple jobs which is often a problem with contractors. The result of the job was worth every penny.

Description of Work
Total redo of a Master Bath and a Hall Bath

01/16/2019

David S.

We were very happy with the outcome of our kitchen remodel, from design suggestions to quality and professionalism of the contractors. Very responsive to minor issues that arose. Would definitely recommend them to friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel

11/17/2018

george V.

John was very responsive to any and all our concerns. John was very helpful if I was unsure of a choice. Brett and Vlad are very skilled at their trade. I can honestly say we hired him based on his reviews since we did not know anyone who recently had a kitchen remodel and were not disappointed.

Description of Work
kitchen remodel and floors

Category flooring contractor

07/25/2018

Deborah A.

Yardley Kitchen and Bath recently completed a total gut and rebuild of our main bathroom and we couldn’t be more pleased. Working with John is a pleasure. He helped guide us in the design but still gave us plenty of room to make it ours. Although he did give us a better price/value then a competitor, we mostly decided on Yardley Kitchen & Bath because of the confidence we had in John and his “we can do that” attitude. His work crew was very professional, meticulous, and friendly, keeping us in-the-loop from demo through completion, asking our opinion on certain details when appropriate. John checked with us every day as well. There was a manufacturer defect with a jetted tub. John and his crew went above and beyond to make sure the problem was resolved and we were 100% happy. We love our new bathroom, it is beautiful, and the attention to detail is impressive. We highly recommend Yardley Kitchen and Bath and will be using them on another project in the near future.

Description of Work
Main Bath remodel

07/16/2018

Joe C.

Great they did it while we were on Vacation and did a great Job and cleaned up well

Description of Work
tub conversion to walkin shower

07/15/2018

Sherry F.

It went great! We really were not inconvenienced much at all. We love our new bathroom. Quality of work great and workers were on time and cleaned up so well every day. Owner checked almost every day to see progress. Took about 10 days.

Description of Work
Bathroom done over

07/14/2018

Thyra C.

My project was completed right on schedule, it is beautiful and I couldn’t be happier with it.

Description of Work
Partial kitchen remodel.

06/23/2018

R M.

Once again the process was easy and the end result impressive.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet and tile with PVT flooring.

06/11/2018

Andrew B.

Unequivocally, the best contractor we have ever dealt with. YK&B was great from start to finish. Very responsive when we first contacted them about a quote and stayed that way all the way through the bathroom renovation and even afterward. We had a slightly unusual situation and the craftsmen did an excellent job of adapting to it. The finished room looks great and, more importantly, works great.

Description of Work
Bathroom renovation

Category remodeling

04/10/2018

Betty S.

The work was performed very professionally and efficiently. The entire project was completed in 4 days, excluding painting which was not part of their contract. The team covered and draped the adjoining part of the bedroom, and left the bath and bedroom clean and neat when done. (also the garage, which was their work and staging area.)

Description of Work
Remodel master bath

02/01/2018

Lynne G.

Excellent! BATHROOMS: One of the bathroom jobs required completely gutting two adjoining bathrooms and building two new bathrooms connected via a pocket door. John did a great job listening to us and what we wanted and came up with a design that worked beautifully. We love the new bathrooms and friends are very impressed. The whole project was completed in 9 1/2 days (!). People don't believe us when we tell them. And, yes, the workmanship is good. KITCHEN: Again, John did a great design with suggestions we wouldn't have even thought of. The result is an airy, light-filled room (with a Northern exposure) that is so easy to cook in. It feels like we got ten square feet more! We were also "out" of the kitchen for only 2 and half weeks. Then they put in a temporary counter and sink so that we could use the kitchen. t The floor, cabinets, and appliances were all in place. A week or so later, the countertop was installed. CREW: Vlad and the rest of the crew were punctual, professional and pleasant, and worked through until the job was done. Vlad even came back on a Saturday to complete the bathrooms, right before the December holidays. They were pleasant to work with and seemed very knowledgeable. Everything was cleaned up at the end of each day. OVERALL We very much enjoyed working with John. He is organized, knowledgeable and efficient. A true professional. He is also very good at communicating. He would come every day to discuss the project with his crew. Then he would turn to us and ask, "Do you have any questions?" (and meant it!) He was/is always accessible. He even has an answering service who can contact him right away with pertinent information from the customer. I once needed to ask him a question while I was standing in the appliance store. I left the message with the service, and John got back to me in minutes. We have had several little things to be adjusted, etc., and John has never put us off. He responds quickly and pleasantly, and often does the work himself. I haven't listed the cost because I am describing two separate projects. But I did extensive research before hiring John, including calling a dozen references of the two dozen that he provided. We felt that his prices were reasonable, not the cheapest but not the most expensive. But I'm also willing to pay a bit more for the peace of mind that comes with working with professional, dependable and creative people. When you hire a contractor part of what you should be receiving is their expertise and experience. Too often this is not the case. But with John and his employees, we felt very confident. I could go on. We love showing and telling friends (and complete strangers) about our new bathrooms and kitchen, and we love their look of surprise when we describe how great the experience was, and how efficiently it was done.

Description of Work
First, Yardley K&B did a complete remodel of our three 1960 era bathrooms in December 2016. Second job was a full kitchen remodel, also of our 1960 era kitchen in October 2017.

Thank you for your kind words [Member Name Removed]. John

12/18/2017

Janet H.

Tinkermen's Construction was excellent! All workmanship was of high quality and professionalism throughout the process. I couldn't be more happier with the results in both bathrooms, and John did an excellent job in helping me to pick out the colors for everything to make sure they would go together nicely.

Description of Work
Both Master and Hall bathrooms were completely remodeled. The work included removing all fixtures (tub, sink toilet, floor tile, tile and wallboard around tub), and replacing with all new items.

11/02/2017

Stephen M.

Excellent. Couldn't have gone better. Did I pay a lot? I don't want to say too much, but I think they were on a high end of the pay scale, but quite frankly, you get what you pay for. So, I didn't want to cut corners, and the job was excellent.

Description of Work
Bathroom added in the basement.

09/24/2017

Mike H.

We hired Tinkermen's Construction for a master bath renovation. The entire process was seamless from beginning to end. John Carlson was extremely helpful during the design process. The crew arrived on time and completed the total project in 5 days! We are very happy.

Description of Work
Master bathroom rennovation.

07/25/2017

Clare H.

They were good. They gave me an estimate, but I wasn't going to be doing the work.

Description of Work
I think they did an estimate for me.

07/10/2017

Isolde P.

John and his team were recommended by my neighbors, who had their bathrooms done a couple of years ago. Already,the planning process was very smooth. After the initial appointment to discuss the planned project, I went there to finalize plans. John was able to visualize what I wanted for each bathroom and suggested options to maximize the value for my money. The project began on time. John and his team were there, explaining what they will be doing. The whole process was really very painless for me, while I was working. Whenever there was a question, John would contact me; otherwise work would proceed as planned. I could see the progress every day. They protected the area around the bathrooms and would clean every night. All three bathrooms were finished on time (2 1/2 weeks) and I am so happy with the results. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Master Bathroom, Guest bathroom and powder room renovated, no changes to layout

06/12/2017

Joann S.

We recently had our kitchen renovated by Tinkermen’s Construction (aka Yardley Kitchen and Bath) and would highly recommend them. After receiving two stellar recommendations from previous clients, we accepted Tinkermen’s proposal and found the entire renovation process to be just as others’ had described. John Carlson, the owner, was very professional and easy to work with. He listened to our concerns, answered our questions, and guided us through all the choices we needed to make. We appreciated his attention to detail. During the renovations, he would frequently stop by to check on the progress giving us ample opportunity to ask any additional questions. The crew (Dan and Greg) was always punctual, courteous, professional, and neat. The dust/debris was kept to a minimum because they installed walls of plastic sheeting. On the few occasions when the water or electric needed to be turned off, they always communicated these plans to us. Of note, we appreciated the temporary countertop and sink which made our kitchen functional during the time the new countertop was being made. We would definitely consider Tinkermen’s for any future renovations.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation

06/12/2017

Jeff B.

Extremely happy with the end result. A beautiful new basement with a new powder room really expanding the living area of the house.

Description of Work
Remodeling of my basement with a new powder room included.

Category remodeling

06/03/2017

R M.

Extremely well. The work was completed very quickly and looks amazing. It totally exceeded my expectations. I highly recommend Yardley Kitchen and Bath and would absolutely use them again. No need to call anyone else!

Description of Work
Entire kitchen remodel project including flooring, appliances, cabinets and countertops.

05/18/2017

Oscar S.

Great. John came out and quickly understood what we were looking to do and was very clear about timelines and costs. He was extremely helpful in coming up with a functional design (including exhibiting great patience when we kept making 'minor' tweaks) and gave great guidance when we talked about colors, materials and fixtures (this was huge...my wife and I had a rough idea of what we wanted but he helped bring it home for us). John and his team gave us guidance that they had a number of projects ahead of ours and asked if it was OK to give a "range" of dates when they would start which was more than fine with us. As the time got closer, he kept us in the loop as the date range narrowed (e.g., "we want to start next week" then "we are targeting the second half of the week" then "we will start demo on Wednesday at 8AM") The work took a little under two weeks (plus add another week and a half order and then install the glass for the shower). The team was great - worked solid from 8 to 4/5 every day and did their best to not disrupt the rest of your house. We are very pleased with the outcome! The price was a fair price for the job but a really good price when you factor in the quality. I am not the type of person to typically write reviews, but I read a ton of them. I would highly recommend John and his crew.

Description of Work
We had been looking into doing some significant renovations to our house that required a long time frame to get everything we initially wanted completed. Due to some family issues, it became clear that the larger scale projects would have to wait but our master bathroom was not functioning and, at the very least, we needed to move forward with that. After scouring Angies List (as well as talking to other contractors), we came across Tinkermens.

05/10/2017

JG T.

This project went extremely well. The contractor was very professional, knowledgeable and patient with our many questions. He made great suggestions and we trusted his opinion. The work crew was amazing. They were punctual, professional, hard-working and they respected our home. The project began and ended on time. One thing we really appreciated was that the contractor and crew discussed the progress of the job each morning and asked if we had any questions/concerns. We are very happy with the final result!

Description of Work
Complete master bathroom renovation and installation of a kitchen backsplash and new designer faucet.