Overhead Door Co of Allentown

Founded 1962 • With Angi since December 2007

Overhead Door Co. of Allentown is a family owned business and has been serving the Greater Lehigh Valley since 1962. The main goals of our company are to serve each customer professionally and install the best product that we can supply all within a fair competitive price and timely manner. We strive to be the best and will try to accommodate our customer’s needs to make your purchase with us a totally pleasant experience. Angie's List Super Service Award winner 4 year in a row beginning in 2012....

garage doors (250)

10/21/2020

DAWN M.

I called for an appointment and was told they were busy but would call when an appointment became available. I didn’t hear back for quite a while so I had another company do the repairs because I could not open my garage door and I needed equipment out of it. When they finally called at the end of a day, the day before they wanted to come, I had to tell them I already had the work done because I hadn’t heard from them.

Description of Work
Repair my garage door

Work Completed On 10/21/2020

01/03/2020

R. W.

Dominic responded promptly to my request for service. Arrived on time with equipment and supplies. His manner was professional and kind. Worked efficiently. Also showed me how to prevent or correct the problem.

Description of Work
Repair of the garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/03/2020

10/04/2019

Tomas R.

Great service. Polite and professional Technicians. Friendly contact desk. Slight delay in weatherproofing replacements but the most important thing was a functioning garage door. Would definitely use again and highly recommended!

Description of Work
Replace one broken torsion bar, tuneup 2 garage doors, replace 2 bottom door seals and replace weatherproof trim on both doors

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

10/03/2019

Young C.

Very quick service. It took only 10 minutes.

Description of Work
Repaired a bracket connecting the door to the opener.

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

09/27/2019

Terry S.

The technician was very capable and did quick, competent work , but was rude and arrogant, and had zero customer service skills.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance for doors

Work Completed On 09/27/2019

09/25/2019

Barbara C.

Great! Work was done quickly. Knew what he was doing. Very fair in pricing. Highly recommend

Description of Work
New opener needed to be installed

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

07/12/2019

Dave K.

I call the gent and he set up a date and time to estimate the job and show me options. My wife and I waited. The rep never showed up, followed up or called to explain or apologize for wasting our time and now the job still remains as we begin to search for other firms who can keep appointments and commitments.

Description of Work
two new replacement garage doors installed along with two new garage door openers

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

I am sorry to hear this. I do not believe Overhead Door Company of Allentown, PA was the company the appointment was scheduled with. That is actually out of our territory. There is another branch of Overhead Door Company in Reading, PA and I wonder if that is who was contacted. I apologize about this and would appreciate it if you could kindly change your review.

05/13/2019

Ellen S.

It went splendidly! Brendan was punctual and completed a good job in no time.

Description of Work
maintenance of garage door

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

01/20/2019

Cathy K.

Very well he was very timely and professional

Description of Work
Repair of garage door

Work Completed On 01/20/2019

04/02/2018

Peter S.

Installation was done well. All information was provided in advance and in detail.

Description of Work
Replacement of Garage Doors and Openers

Work Completed On 12/29/2017

03/21/2018

William M.

Service was fast and efficient. One of the new springs broke after 2 days. I blame this of a defective part, not Overhead Door service. Serviceman returned promptly and replaced the defective spring at no cost to me. Door works fine.

Description of Work
Replaced springs on old garage door. Lubricated hardware.

Cost $151.05

Work Completed On 03/13/2018

12/01/2017

Deborah K.

The work was top notch with explanation of any questions I had. The installer was able to solve a technical glitch very well. The opener works much quieter and the remote is always responsive. I am VERY pleased!

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement

Work Completed On 12/01/2017

11/06/2017

Joseph L.

The repair was prompt and did not try to upsell

Description of Work
Install custom garage door Used a second time to repair door

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/22/2017

Greg S.

The folks at Overhead Door of Allentown were great. My schedule was busy and difficult, but they were very patient about scheduling the appointment for the technician to come out. He arrived on time, was courteous and very efficient. Finished in no time and the door opener works very well.

Description of Work
Our electric garage door opener was a mess. The cables came loose and the rollers were off the tracks. We hadn't used it in years.

Work Completed On 09/12/2017

06/14/2017

Lewis H.

great...picked 3 available days, was called w-in 24 hrs, called the night before service, service tech, Kevin was great.

Description of Work
tune-up garage door, replace rollers

Work Completed On 06/13/2017

05/15/2017

Edward P.

With their guidance I installed the new gasket myself with no problem at all.

Description of Work
I needed a new bottom gasket for my garage door; they not only had it in stock but also gave me tips on how to install it the easy way. They were terrific.

Work Completed On 04/22/2017

04/17/2017

Arthur A.

Excellant no problems couldn't be better

Description of Work
Garage. Door opener replaced

Work Completed On 04/17/2017

03/31/2017

Randy V.

I am not one to write reviews, but I felt it necessary to write one about the great experience I received from Overhead Door Co. I was contacted the same day of my purchase from Angie's List to schedule my appointment by Andy. He worked around my schedule for the quickest installation date and the tech arrived right on time to install. Dave was a fantastic tech! He was very professional and explained the complete process being performed. He spent the time reviewing how to operate and showed me the different functions of the Garage Door Opener. He also went the extra steps to program the remote in my car and made good recommendations in servicing my garage door. He provided an additional service on the spot so I did not have to schedule another appointment for the future. My son's bedroom is above my garage and now he can not even hear the garage door opening anymore. Great Service, Great Company, Will Definitely Use Again!!

Description of Work
Install Garage Door Opener

Work Completed On 03/30/2017

03/04/2017

William S.

I think it turned out pretty well. We didn't get lined up right away, I had to call them a few times for them to acknowledge that I had purchased the deal. The guy came out and he adjusted it and it works well. He lubed some of the stuff up and what was happening with the garage door was you would push the button and the door would only go up about halfway and it would stop. So he told us he lubed some stuff up and adjusted the sensors. It took awhile to get them out. They were good, professional. They showed up, they did the work they were supposed to and charged us the price we were told.

Description of Work
Adjusted the garage door opener

Work Completed On 01/04/2017

12/22/2016

Kord H.

Smooth as silk. Technician was prompt, friendly and thorough. Service was as expected with timely in and out times.

Description of Work
inspection and replacement of worn springs and pieces from a overhead garage door opening mechanism.

Work Completed On 12/05/2016

12/03/2016

rochelle K.

It was good. I was very happy with all the services I got. It was excellent service. I thought it was fairly quick. He did a great job and he was very personable.

Description of Work
They fixed my garage door. I had a problem with it squeaking.

Work Completed On 06/17/2016

11/15/2016

Dorothy N.

The actual service was great. The service was excellent, the service man was very nice and punctual. However they call the day before to come the next day. Would not make an appointment in advance. Took a month and a half to get the service...that happened only when I insisted I set an appointment in advance.

Description of Work
Just a check up for my garage door

Work Completed On 11/01/2016

09/14/2016

Chuck C.

The technician showed up on time and was knowledgeable and thorough. He went into detail explaining what he was doing and why it was important. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Garage door maintenance.