Craig Gouker Roofing & Home Improvements LLC

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2004

4001 Clairton Rd Route 885

West Mifflin, PA 15122

Over 25 years ago, I decided to pursue my dream which was to own my own roofing business. I didn't want to be "just another roofer"...I wanted to be known as "THE" roofer ! I've always taken pride in my workmanship, my determination...and my reputation. Thankfully, my work ethic and passion to excel has translated in to a REPUTABLE Roofing Business which has continued to grow every year...for the past 20+ years ! We use only the highest quality materials and equipment. The materials we install are top quality and produced by well-known industry leading manufacturers. There will NEVER be any JUNK used in a Craig Gouker Roofing job! The secret of our success is... and always will be "quality workmanship" and a FANTASTIC "satisfaction guarantee" We provide Roofing. Showroom: 4607 Library Road Bethel Park, PA 15102...

06/15/2020

Todd M.

CGR is a great company to hire. They had great communication, pricing was fair, and the quality is top shelf. I will hire them again.

Description of Work
Roof Shingles

04/19/2020

Jennifer S.

Craig Gouker roofing is one of the most professional companies I have dealt with for home repair. They came and gave a thorough estimate including a folder with samples of all material that will be used and information on those supplies. It took almost 1-1/2 years before I replaced the roof so when time got closer I emailed for an updated estimate and received one in a few days. Once I moved forward with the project they were able to schedule me within a few weeks once the weather cleared up. I selected my shingle color via email (my choice). The day of installation two crews showed up at 6:30 am and worked non stop. They finished by 3 pm that day. They were careful to cover things to keep from damaging them. Everything was cleaned up as the went along and then there was a final cleanup. All employees were courteous and use appropriate language. I am already thinking of having them back to do my soffit and gutters since the work they did was so neat. I was billed at the end and sent payment in. I wish all contractors were this great to work with.

Description of Work
Removed old roof and installed a new roof on a 800 sf ranch with a 4/12 pitch, 160 sf of porch roofing and 80 sf of flat roofing on the front porch. New roof installed with Owens Corning Architectural 20 year Shingles. Hauled away all debris. Fixed the slope of the front porch roof. Replaced roof flashing and roof pipes.

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We certainly appreciate the business!

03/29/2019

Andy B.

Everything went as expected, his crew is hardworking and they take pride in their work. I have absolutely no complaints. Craig is awesome! he only uses quality materials, and the warranty he offers is better than most roofing companies.

Description of Work
demo'd and installed shingles, soffit, fascia, gutters and downspouts.

11/21/2018

RJ & JENNY G.

Gouker Roofing crew did an excellent job. They had top notch equipment and a large crew that enabled them to efficiently remove the old roof and replace in 2.5 days. Given that it was cold and an storm was coming, the fast pace was much appreciated. The speed did NOT compromise quality in any way. The roof looks great and withstood an early test of a mix of snow an ice, passing with flying colors. The estimator who visited our home months earlier was very professional an thorough as well.

Description of Work
Roof replacement-including decking, underlayment & shingles

08/10/2017

Wayne S.

Let me first state that this work was done probably a dozen years ago, so I can only speak to their business practices and work quality at that time. Having said that, Gouker exceeded every expectation I had...and I have high expectations! The job began and ended on the agreed upon day. They arrived early every morning and the job site was tidy and broom clean at days end. This guy didn't advertise, and instead ran his business by word of mouth. We found him because the old Photographic Supply Store on 5th Ave, McKeesport had many roofers try to fix their flat roof, but only Gouker did the job right. A few of their sales associates then had Gouker do roofing at their homes. We knew one of those associates who recommended him to us. He did a great job, we've never had a problem with the roof and I've recommended him to many friends over the years.

Description of Work
Replaced all shingles on my large roof with 4 dormers. Replaced all flashing, too.

08/03/2017

Ellisen L.

We received several bids on our roof replacement project that included a total replacement of our main house roof (with gutters and guards) as well as a large sheds roof in the back of the house. We received an estimate the next day after we requested it, which was the lowest of all of our bids by a small margin, but we were so impressed by the responsiveness that we selected Craig Goaker's estimate. The crew arrived early each morning and were friendly, neat, and extremely thorough. You could tell they cared about our home and took pride in a job well done. We had a really strange wiring issue that posed some problems with the gutter installation and they worked to find a temporary solution until we could get an electrician to reroute the wires. Furthermore, the job manager worked to find solutions for a carpenter ant problem on our large shed. They began the job Tuesday at 6:30am and completed it by Thursday around noon. We are so pleased with the job and their work and are recommending them to our friends.

Description of Work
Roof/Gutter replacement

05/17/2017

Kenneth U.

This project went flawlessly from the initial call placed until the last scrap of roofing was picked out of the yard. 5 roofing companies where contacted initially for a bid on my roof. Craig Gouker Roofing was here within two hours, starting the estimate process. I had a detailed estimate, along with a detailed brochure on the materials they use, within a couple of days. The only other estimate I received over the next week was 40% higher. Since Craig's estimate was what I had anticipated before starting this process, i decided to go with him. I eventually heard from 2 other contractors within the following weeks, one i never heard from at all. Preliminary plans where made to start the job during the first part of May. I talked to Craig on May 15 and plans where made to start on May 17. The crew arrived on May 17 at approximately 7:30 am and worked non stop until approximately 5:00 pm. The job was finished approximately 5:00 pm the following day. Everything went extremely well over these two days. The crew was very knowledgeable and professional on how they went about their work. Their attention to detail was excellent. All work was completed to the highest standards and their work site was kept extremely neat during this process. When they left after the completion of the job, you couldn't tell that they had been there; other than the brand new roof. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Strip and replace the roof and skylights

05/10/2017

Kelly R.

I came across Craig Gouker Roofing via Angie’s List. I could see that the business had great reviews on all of the review sites that I checked so I gave them a call. They were very competitively priced (I got 3 other quotes) and were super responsive, helpful and efficient. I called in the morning and they were at my house and sent my quote within hours. They didn’t harass me while I was obtaining other quotes. Once I made the decision to choose them, they delivered color samples right away and patiently waited for my decision (also sent pictures and examples of other local roofing jobs so that I could see the colors before choosing). I felt that the roof might be leaking so they expedited the project. I was not home while they were working and the owner texted me with updates daily. I have a ranch home with a fairly large roof and while others were telling me 3 - 5 days for project completion these guys started the roof Monday morning and were done by Tuesday at 3:30 PM. Seriously impressive!

Description of Work
New roof installation.

Thanks for the wonderful review!

01/16/2017

Nicholas T.

Fantastic men on time completed in two days cleaned up with no issues. A fine job

Description of Work
Roof replacement

01/16/2017

Pat G.

Went great, great team of workers. Job was completed in a timely manner and crew did a great clean-up.

Description of Work
New Roof installation.

01/02/2017

Janice N.

Very pleased with the work performed. Would recommend Craig Gouker Roofing to anyone wanting a professional company to work on their home. It was a pleasure to work with all of them. Roof, gutters workmanship are all beautiful!

Description of Work
Needed new roof, gutters and fascia boards. Received a prompt return call from Craig and detailed estimate was provided by Brian. When work started, Ron and his crew protected landscape while removing old shingles and keeping debris to a minimum using the "roof buggy". The crew always started on time, were friendly, courteous, and willing to answer questions. Requested a trim change to the chimney and it was done without question or hesitation. The crew was well equipped with the latest tools and equipment to do the job.

10/11/2016

Karen S.

Finally we found a company/owner that actually called us back, came out promptly to give us a professional written estimate, stayed in touch prior to and during the job, and provided great workers to the job!! My husband and I are extremely pleased with our new roof and the job that this company did; just finished yesterday. We give Craig and his workers an A+ and have already referred several neighbor's.

Description of Work
We needed a new roof.

09/03/2016

Sandra M.

Craig provided me with a detailed written proposal. It was specific and itemized. His crew arrived as promised, worked very hard, and cleaned up each day. It was amazing to me how quickly they completed the task, and the amount of equipment that they brought to the job site. Craig did not require any payment down, it was due upon completion and was no more than the agreed upon price. He has a showroom that you can go to see the shingles etc. I really can't say that there was anything negative about the experience. It was very professional and yet personal at the same time. A roof is a big investment, and mine is just beautiful.

Description of Work
I realized that my 20 year old roof needed replaced. My two story house also has covered porches in both the front and rear. My neighbor is a commercial builder and I asked him for a recommendation. He suggested Craig for the job. I was afraid of all the horror stories about contractors taking your money and not completing the job or doing shoddy work.

07/18/2016

Liz R.

Craig Gouker was recommended to me by another company I used for other work on my house. He is located about an hour from my house, so the first time I called he explained that they only travel that far for roof replacements, which I completely understand. At that point I wasn?t sure if I needed a roof replacement or a repair, so I called a few other companies to get quotes at the end of April. After discovering that a roof replacement was needed, I called Craig back in the beginning of May and he said he would come out in the next couple of days to take a look at the roof and give me a quote on that as well as replacing the gutters and installing gutter shields. He came within his estimated window while I was not home and left me a folder with information about his company and the roofing he used. He also called me back to explain that they would be emailing me the quote, which came by the end of that day and was reasonably priced. To be honest, I was considering using Craig or another company, but Craig was about $1500 less and had extremely good reviews here on Angie?s List so I decided to go with him. I called him back in mid-May and told him that there wasn?t a huge rush in getting our roof replaced, so he said that they had a few other jobs lined up and would probably do our roof in the end of June or beginning of July. He also helped me decide on which shingle color to use, explaining that they do not charge more for the Designer Colors options of the Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration shingles they use and that they have samples in their showroom you can take home to help choose a color. The samples were about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet in size, so they provide enough shingle variation for you to be able to accurately see what the shingles would look like with your house. At the start of the week in the beginning of July, Craig called me to say they were finishing up a job and would be able to work on my roof soon. He then called me back later that same week to make sure they could work on the roof that weekend. He explained that a large number of people would be working on the house, so I?d probably want to pull a car up front so I could come and go as I please while they were working and that I?d want to remove anything breakable from external walls just in case the vibrations would cause anything to fall. They came sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 in the morning on Saturday and made a decent amount of noise (nothing excessive), but that?s to be expected when they?re tearing the shingles off of your roof and the gutters off of your house. I don?t have a particularly large roof and he sent a ton of people, so they were able to finish the entire job around 2:30 PM that same day. I found a couple little pieces of the old roofing felt that blew into my yard, but did not have any nails in my driveway. Craig called on Sunday to make sure I was happy with the job, to arrange the pickup of the payment, and to explain that they would be sending over a final version of the quote marked as paid for our records. I wasn?t available to meet at a time that worked for both of us, so I left the check taped to the shingle samples on my front porch and an estimator picked them both up during the day on Monday. All-in-all, I found Craig pleasant to deal with and thought he did a good job explaining everything. His employees were fast and made sure to not leave any nails in my driveway. The roof and gutters look good, so I am pleased with the work they did and the amount they charged.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutter replacement and gutter shield installation

Category gutter repair, roofing

Thank You [Member Name Removed]!,, it was a pleasure to work on your home! We are happy you are pleased with us and our work.

06/09/2016

Thomas L.

Craig came over to our house to give us an estimate within a couple hours of calling his company. He was the only roofer who actually went up on our roof and measured before giving us a very detailed estimate. When we met him at his showroom, he was very professional and knowledgeable, and we found him very friendly. He took the time to answer all our questions. On the first day of the installation, a crew of 8 showed up in 3 huge work trucks (very impressive!) and got to work immediately. Each man knew his job and they were very professional with how they went about their work. The foreman for this crew was Ryan, who was stickler for perfection. When the crew came upon a pre-existing problem with the old soffit, Ryan went above and beyond to make sure the job was done right and he and his crew would not leave until it was perfect. We were very impressed with Ryan and the whole crew. We would highly recommend Craig Gouker Roofing to anyone who is looking for honesty, professionalism, and quality work!

Description of Work
New roof, skylight, soffit, fascia, gutters and downspouts.

04/26/2016

Joseph M.

Craig, Came to my house either the same day or the next day after I contacted him and within 1 day I had an estimate. After I chose the shingle I wanted it was less the two weeks and they came out to start the job. It took less than 1 and 1/2 days and it looks great. The crew was professional and made sure everything was cleaned up afterwards. I walked the yard after they left I didn't find a single nail, piece of old shingle etc. anywhere. I would recommend Craig's company to anyone who asks. The price was competitive, the workers were professional and clean. Joe

Description of Work
Replaced the shingles on my roof

04/15/2016

Ed P.

Easy to deal with. No pressure. Excellent craftsmanship. Delivered on time and more than we expected. There are many good contractors in south hills of Pittsburgh. Craig Gouker Roofing stands out. You might pay a bit more, but the quality shows and that is what we wanted. No grief at all.

Description of Work
Installed new roof, sky light, soffit and fascia, gutters to our ranch home in a Pleasant Hills.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding

03/29/2016

Richard F.

I was impressed with the prompt response from Craig. Within 48 hours I received an email with a detailed description of the services to be provided and the cost. The crew arrived the day promised and they were courteous and careful. Flower beds and shrubs were unharmed. Outdoor furniture was moved and replaced when the job was completed. Cleanup left no traces of debris in the yard. The job was completed on time. The roof looks great and the new flashing matches my existing trim colors. There were no "unexpected charges". I am glad that I went with a full time roofing expert.

Description of Work
Replaced dimensional shingles and underlayment on a large roof with multiple valleys. 2 bay windows and a bay door also received new shingles and flashing.

02/04/2016

Linda D.

There was a break in the winter weather and Mr. Gouker asked if he could replace the roof during that time. He sent two teams of workers with several trucks, lifts, and other equipment. The team of workers arrived at 7:15 am and prepared my property for the job. They covered the porch, deck and landscaping so that nothing would be damaged. The workers were very polite and professional. In just two days, the project was completed. They had to replace the plywood on the roof and they also installed plywood and a waterproof material on the patio room roof. They discovered that the wood on the flat portico roof was rotting from the water that was not draining from it and they modified the portico roof and installed attractive box gutters to solve that problem. They also had to address the problem that when the vinyl siding was replaced a few years before, it was installed over the fascia allowing water to get behind the siding. Every problem that was encountered was addressed-- and to my great surprise, at no additional cost to me!!!!! The workers took pictures as the work proceeded and I was given copies. Mr. Gouker did not ask for a deposit, he came to my home the day after the work was completed and asked if everything was satisfactory.? He then gave me the bill for the services and it was $300 less than the estimate even with the additional work they did to address problems that were found. This is a great company with great workers. I highly recommend Craig Gouker and his team.

Description of Work
Replaced roof, fascia and gutters that were in poor condition on my house, portico and patio room.

01/25/2016

MICHAEL V.

15120The team arrived on time the morning the job was to begin and brought the entire garage or equipment. Very organized and efficient in everything they did in tearing off old shingles (two layers) and making whatever repairs were necessary to begin installing new roof. Craig was very responsive to all questions I had and provided an estimate with a folder of series of brochures with information on the products they had and there were many choices and colors to pick from - all at the same price, no up selling involved. The on site team were hard workers, polite and no nonsense in getting the job completed in two days. They cleaned up everything and hauled all debris away leaving our property as they found it (maybe even a little cleaner LOL). I highly recommend Craig and he is open to anyone stopping by their location with questions or to view the shingle options they have. We have a small side porch roof that we hope to have him rebuild as well. No doubt who we are going with when that happens.

Description of Work
Replaced entire main roof of house, replaced all gutters and downspouts.

11/03/2015

Peter Y.

Our home inspector had concluded we would need the roof replaced, and we knew it was one of the first projects to take care of after moving in. Craig visited us after we reached out to him, and he explained our roofing options clearly. We then scheduled the job, and his team arrived as planned and worked tirelessly over two full days to complete the job. They were courteous to us and each other, they left no debris behind, they removed an unused satellite dish from our chimney, and the roof and gutters look great. Craig came out to the house the same week to collect payment and was unrushed and helpful as he took a look at the work his team performed. A great, stress-free experience.

Description of Work
Craig's team replaced my old roof shingles and gutter/drains.

10/04/2015

KATHERINE C.

Craig called immediately to inform me he was fully booked and since the nature of my request needed immed attention, he wanted to assure I got service asap. Appreciated his prompt response. Many times I call and never get a call back. Shows to the integrity of how he runs his business !!

Description of Work
Requested quote

07/11/2015

Doug S.

From the very beginning Craig was outstanding. He explained the process and did not pressure me at all. I got two other estimates and Craig was also the lowest. I decided to have him to the work because of his honesty and commitment to quality. The crew arrived at 7:30 am and worked until about 7:30 pm. My wife was home all day and she said the crew worked steadily all day and never heard one swear word. The foreman had 30 years of experience. The finished up the next morning and the roof looked great. The cleaned up afterward until the place was spotless. They even did a couple extra tasks on the roof and the gutters with out charging me. High quality work at a reasonable price. I won't go to another roofer after this experience. Good to see that great companies still exist out there.

Description of Work
Replaced shingles on roof of house and shed.

05/15/2015

Carol P.

Ryan and his crew arrived on time and ready to work. They began by covering my driveway and my landscaping around the work area. After this was in place the men moved the containment bins into place and removed the old roofing material. I was pleased with the clean as you go ethic. As the men worked the step by step process, everything was like clockwork. The job was done in a timely manner and to perfection. After completion the area was policed for debris, and a magnet was dragged to be sure there were no nails or metal pieces on my property. I am pleased with every aspect of the job, from my initial visit from the estimator Brian, Ryan and his crew, to a visit from Craig after the job was completed. Everyone was respectful and professional. This is a first class operation and the price was fair and honest. I would reccomend Craig to anyone looking for a new roof. You won't regret it.Give them a call today and look for a coupon in the Clipper.

Description of Work
installed new roofing

05/04/2015

Sara S.

I contacted the provider for some work to be performed on my home. Without taking time to come and see what the work entailed I was emailed back that the job was too small. Having experience with the home improvement business and working extensively with customers, I find it is seldom a good idea to assume a job is too small when in reality it could lead to additional work.

Description of Work
nothing

Category siding

When you contacted me you DID explain the work that you wanted done. I then responded the same day and let you know that it was too small of a project for us. It was more like a "HONEY DO LIST". We do full residential roof replacements and larger scale jobs. I choose what projects we take on and when a potential customer contacts you and you INDEED respond the same day and let them know WHY we can't take on the project that is CARING about the customer. My workers DEPEND AND RELY on me to provide work for them and I do a great job of that and we take GREAT PRIDE in OUR reputation that we have built. I take it very PERSONAL when a customer or a potential customer gives us a bad grade on this list. SO PLEASE DON'T SOUR GRAPE!!!!