Green Lawn Fertilizing

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2009

Green Lawn Fertilizing is the largest locally owned lawn care company in the Philadelphia Tri-State region. We have been listed in the Philadelphia 100 twice years and INC 5000 the last 6 years based on our rapid growth as a family owned business. We owe our tremendous growth as a business to

4.4

lawn treatment (522)pest control (105)lawn care (85)irrigation system (6)lawn & landscaping (3)

11/17/2022

John C.

I've done my own lawn treatments including lime and overseeding as well as pre-emptive crabgrass control for more than 20 years. However, a few years back it became apparent to me that a few weeds were not going away with my usual treatments. They continued to fester until I decided to act. Fortunately, Green Lawn was the first company i called. They've been very responsive to my needs especially in discussing the applications before doing any work as i typically request through their email service. Each year the lawn looks better and better! I cannot be more pleased with the end result provided by this company! The only caveat is that i am now retired and on a fixed income. When I started with them the treatments were around 40.00 each. Now, they've grown to almost 60.00 each. Very soon, i will not be able to continue because of the price increases. And THAT would be a darn shame!!

Description of Work
Green Lawn did 8 treatments throughout spring summer and fall to eliminate weeds and improve the look and volume of the lawn.

Cost $59.16

10/16/2022

Joseph R.

While the services performed were satisfactory, the total cost per service was excessive. Furthermore, when I inquired about aeration and overseeding, knowing that the germination requirements for grass require specific temperature ranges, I was shocked to find out lawn was aerated and seeded while we were still in the summer. Some of the seeds took to growing while others didn't. I expected the aeration and overseeding to take place in late September. Instead, it was done during the month of august during a relatively dry spell.

Description of Work
Lawn Treatment and Aeration with Overseeding

Work Completed On 08/15/2022

10/09/2022

Joel G.

The lawn looks dug up so hopefully the grass with thicken and prospser. Ask me again in the spring.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding of lawn

Category pest control, lawn service

Work Completed On 10/09/2022

05/12/2022

Dianna B.

I have not used a lawn fertilization and maintenance program for a long time, but I decided to try Green Lawn. I had heard from others that they really do a nice job and now I can confirm on my own. The cost is not prohibitive. The staff and technicians are all very polite and professional. And the best part is my lawn looks amazing. Each treatment is a little over $40 and you only get what you ask for with no one pushing you to buy more.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance

Work Completed On 05/12/2022

06/21/2021

Robert S.

Green Lawn fertilizing staff is extremely customer focused and provide excellent service. They are a go to company of you are looking for lawn care!!!

Description of Work
Lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

06/21/2021

JoAnne C.

Fertilizing was good but the weed control was not the best

Description of Work
Fertilizer & weed control

Work Completed On 06/22/2021

Review for Green Lawn Fertilizing - 1004 Saunders Ln, West Chester, PA - 39379281

06/01/2021

Leroy F.

I was very impressed. They come at the door, they knock, just they way you wanted it. And before they did it. They laid some seeds and cover all the bushes at the back. They did a really good job and I was really happy with them.

Description of Work
Taking care of shrubs and grass.

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 06/01/2021

11/22/2020

David A.

Fertilizer and lime applied at proper times with good results. Weed killer did an inadequate job and I wound up spraying myself with much better results. Overseeding was spotty at best and after 2 years of this service, the same bare spots are still bare. All instructions from the company were followed perfectly. We'll see what Spring brings and decide whether or not to keep these guys.

Description of Work
Full season lawn fertilizing, aeration and overseeding.

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

10/13/2020

Peggy S.

excellent service professional informative service person lawn looks 100% better since using this company

Description of Work
Lawn fertilization treatments

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

Work Completed On 10/05/2020

09/30/2020

Biju J.

I do use green lawn for the seasonal fertilization and they do a good job compared to few Local names i used previously but I used them for Aeration and seeding after seeing $100 off advertisement but it is a disappointment. I shouldn't have used them from my first time experience but when I scheduled second time I mentioned issues I previously had and thought they will improve but the second time was a complete disappointment. I will never use them for aeration and seeding anymore as it is expensive even they say $100 discount which is just a gimmick as I found later more cheaper and better local service. It was total waste of money as the job was very badly done.

Description of Work
Aeration and seeding

Work Completed On 09/28/2020

08/26/2020

Edward K.

Terrible terrible terrible I wasted money and would never hire again. Have more weeds now than I had when I started. Every kind of weed possible Crabgrass, dandelions, mushrooms, chickweed, etc etc and loads of bare spots. I even have a sprinkler system and seeded and paid additional cost for insect control. Came to my house to analyze two times and never provided any service to correct the issues. Advises me too much water, or not enough water and I need to seed and need an airation which I have already done every year with other lawn services.

Description of Work
Full treatment

Work Completed On 08/01/2020

09/30/2019

SUSAN C.

It went very well. Joseph Gibson the technician was very engaged and detail oriented so that grass seed did not go into the planting beds. Joseph sought my input and listened carefully when I asked him to be careful around the in-ground sprinkler heads that I had marked; he also paid extra attention to the areas that I asked him to.

Description of Work
Lawn Aeration and Overseeding

Work Completed On 09/24/2019

09/16/2019

Bodo B.

Poor response to my contacts to their offices by phone and emails.

Description of Work
Lawn aeration and reseeding

Work Completed On 09/15/2019

08/22/2019

ANTHONY C.

Horrible! Poor communication and customer service. They attempt to force service appointments on clients by not communicating their intentions either at all OR in a manner that lets a customer cancel or postpone a treatment if desired. When confronted, they get defensive and in my case outright lie. I would recommend you look elsewhere for service.

Description of Work
Standard Turf Management

Work Completed On 08/22/2019

Review for Green Lawn Fertilizing - 1004 Saunders Ln, West Chester, PA - 38064777

Thank you very much for letting us know. We can assure you that a service manager will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to do everything it takes to make this right for you.

08/03/2019

Mohsin M.

Very poor results and not meeting expectations. So far charged me over 500 dollars for treatment that has done absolutely no results. Crab grass is greener and healthier than ever. Applied grub treatment to lawn which had no grubs and charged me 126 dollars without asking if I needed such. I know my lawn and flora and Green Lawn is not making a difference at all. Cave at Canem. Seems that I get a lot of talk from tech to try to impress me but words are empty and technical understanding is definitely lacking ie ********.

Description of Work
lawn treatment ie. enhancing grass growth and weed control

Work Completed On 07/12/2019

We do care very much about you and your impression of us. We can assure you that a service manager will be reaching out to you as soon as possible to do everything it takes to make this right for you.

07/24/2019

Catherine E.

I have used this company for 3 years and my lawn looks aweful. It has nothing to do with heat because it looks terrible year round. I have neighbors who do not have a lawn service and their lawn looks better than my lawn. Probably will change company in the near future.

Description of Work
Grass maintenance year round

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

We truly apologize and guarantee your satisfaction. Your Service Manager will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!

06/20/2019

James B.

Emanual from Greenlawn has treated my yard for the last couple of years. The lawn looks great, Emanual is always courteous, professional and tends to my unique request. I highly recommend Greenlawn and Emanual for their service and work. JB

Description of Work
Lawn treatment

Work Completed On 06/20/2019

Thank you for your excellent review! It'[Member Information Removed] great to hear that we are meeting our goal of providing the best customer service in the industry. We will pass your compliments along to Emmanuel'[Member Information Removed] manager.

06/17/2019

Kathleen S.

Love Green Lawn. Made a mistake and hired another company and our lawn suffered. Green Lawn has brought it back and more quickly than expected. Our technician is very responsive.

Description of Work
Lawn service 6 x per year

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

We strive for superior customer service, it is our pleasure to serve you! Thank you for choosing a locally owned company.

06/03/2019

Linda M.

They are very professional and efficient with the added bonus of very friendly and pleasant employees. The cost for the season is extremely reasonable.

Description of Work
Lawn care, fertilization etc

Work Completed On 06/03/2019

Thank you for your excellent review! It's great to hear that we are meeting our goal of providing the best customer service in the industry. We appreciate your business.

04/13/2019

Stuart S. F.

The first day Monday April 8, service representative showed up unannounced and he was advised that he couldn’t perform service as my lawn was being raked to clean up Winter Debris. I asked when he would return and he said Wednesday. He didn't show up on Wednesday. I called office and they advised he would be at my home at 11am . Instead he showed up at 8:30 am. I wanted to meet the representative to walk my property and let him understand the property lines. There appears to be a communication disconnect between the office and a new Customer.

Description of Work
First service, for a new customer

Work Completed On 04/12/2019

03/12/2019

Adam T.

The level of service by Green Lawn Fertilizing was incredible! They took care of my lawn weeds, seeded last fall and take care of all my mosquitos. Great customer service and great service. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
We needed Lawn Fertilizing, Weed control, Mosquito control and Aeration and overseeding

Work Completed On 03/12/2019

11/25/2018

Elizabeth B.

We paid for 7 service visits throughout the summer and fall. Each visit was announced in advance by e-mail, performed punctually, and explained by e-mail clearly. The lawn looked good all summer.

Description of Work
Lawn maintenance