Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since January 2008

Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC, lives by the golden rule. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality dependable service at affordable prices for all of your plumbing & home improvement needs; always on time & on budget. We take great pride in exceeding your every expectation. We take care of all of your plumbing needs large & small, from complete plumbing for new construction, additions, & remodels, to all faucets, fixtures, pipes, hot water heaters, drain cleaning, sump pumps, water & sewer mains & more! We treat all of our customers the way we would like to be treated, with honest, reliable, personalized service at affordable prices....

plumbers (267)water heaters (27)well & water pump repair (10)drain cleaning (22)water softeners (8)home remodeling (7)drain pipe installation (6)concrete repair (6)sewer cleaning (4)gas leak repair (3)gas fireplace repair (1)

11/15/2021

Jamie B.

Golden Rule is the best. They do high quality work and don't nickel and dime you. I had issues getting the tub and shower kits from the big box stores, even one getting damaged and Golden Rule took care of everything, even at the last minute.

Description of Work
Bath remodeling, remove old tub and shower and install new tub and shower kits & faucets in 2 bathrooms

Category plumbing, home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/25/2021

03/13/2021

Bryan B.

REALLY appreciated the professionalism and good communication. So many services might be good at the work they do but terrible at getting back to you. Not the case here The men who came were friendly, quick to schedule, followed COVID safety protocols, and always wore the ''booties" to not track dirt in. The left the site very clean and even removed the boxes/trash. These guys will get my first call from now on.

Description of Work
utility sink install and plumbing repair

Work Completed On 03/09/2021

09/01/2020

Teresa G.

Toilets were fixed. We need plumbers back to fix shower head which needs new transfer part from hand held to overhead shower. Also we need to call Moen to get cartridge replacement to switch in hot water in one tub faucet. They also need to comeback to work in two outside hose bibs since they didn’t have needed parts.

Description of Work
Fixed Two running toilets

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

08/28/2020

Laurel S.

They responded quickly to my request for assistance and were able to make an appointment that worked with my scheduled and my needs. They found the issue, resolved it and allowed me to go back to my day. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Disposal not working

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

06/18/2020

Fran R.

Tim Lasko was excellent in helping plan/schedule the work, and Matt, the installer, was punctual, professional, and a really nice guy. Everybody was extremely friendly, Matt communicated well during the install, and the place was clean (and everything working) when he left. I'd hire them again in an instant.

Description of Work
Installed outside spigot

Work Completed On 06/17/2020

06/02/2020

Kim S.

They responded quickly and came out the next day! Very reasonable price too! I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Bathtub water wouldn’t turn off

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

04/20/2020

Dave S.

It went well, and the work was done quickly. Plumber was polite and professional. Surprised he was not wearing a mask or gloves, given CORONA Virus now.

Description of Work
replace emergency shut off valve for washer

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

03/24/2020

Eileen M.

They came out on time and they did the job efficiently. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
They had to clear a clogged drain in my kitchen sink.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 03/24/2020

03/19/2020

Ron M.

drains cleared, garbage disposal replaced, shower faucet, toilet seal

Description of Work
Services scheduled for day after I contacted. All items were completed efficiently and very effectively. Even added items to list onsite. I am beyond pleased with the work and the price! I will not look for any other source when other plumbing needs arise. Thank you! Ron M 3-19-20

Work Completed On 01/08/1970

02/18/2020

Michel V.

I recently used Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting for the installation of a new hot water heater. The 20 year old existing system was heating water inconsistemtly and it started to leak. I found Golden Rule on Angie's list and requested a quote from both them and another highly rated plumbing company. Tim from Golden Rule got back to me first and his quote was similar to the other quote. I selected Golden Rule since Tim got back to me first and he was also very responsive to some additional questions I had. The scheduling was a breeze. They scheduled me for the next day (Monday) in the morning. They showed up earlier than planned but communicated with me ahead of time to make sure that worked for our schedule. They work they performed was excellent. They kept everything clean, communicated clearly what they were doing and why and were patient with my questions and even encouraged me to make sure I understood everything. They also moved the system a bit from the original location of the old system to help with access to the fireplace cleanout that is somewhat hidden behind the system. Overall, the experience was very pleasant and I would certainly recommend Golden Rule based on the work they performed. If I ever have another plumbing job, I will certainly reach out to them first!

Description of Work
Replace Hot Water Heater (Natural Gas)

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/18/2020

02/15/2020

Ryan S.

Went very well. Golden Rule was able to install 50 Gallon Bradford White Heater the next day.

Description of Work
Replace Water Heater

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/12/2020

02/04/2020

Gregory S.

I was able to get an appointment quickly. Plumbers showed up on time and performed excellent work and cleaned up the area before leaving. Very, very happy with the service!

Description of Work
Two jobs - 2 hose bib replacements and 2 toilet replacements

Work Completed On 02/03/2020

11/15/2019

Michael D.

I phoned for an estimate which I received right away. A few days later scheduled the work. They phoned to let me know they were running about one hour late. When they arrived everythink went smoothly and they were finished in about 90 minutes. Everything was cleaned up.

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater in unfinished walk out basement

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

08/26/2019

Kevin C.

Can't recommend Golden Rule Plumbing enough. I'll definitely be using them for all of my plumbing needs going forward. 3 years when we moved into our house, we had an occasional sewage smell coming from our powder room. Golden Rule was able to somehow diagnose and determine that it was coming from an uncapped drainage pipe in the wall because they used to have the washer\dryer on the 1st floor (rather than the basement). They capped and resolved that. More recently, I had a leaking pipe in my basement. They fixed it the same day I called. Prices are always reasonable, they are always super polite, and they don't try to sell you on everything else they see in your house while they are there.

Description of Work
Sewage smell and a leaking pipe

Work Completed On 08/26/2019

07/25/2019

Jamie B.

This company does great work at a very fair price. Will hire again.

Description of Work
Got a new faucet, under counter water filter installed and new outdoor faucet on exterior of house

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

07/15/2019

Carole D.

Tim Lasco came initially to survey the project and prepare estimate. Brett arrived exactly on time and worked hard all day. Both were affable, courteous, knowledgable and very capable! Brett will be back tomorrow to complete the job. I am very pleased! I highly recommend Golden Rule Plumbing!!!

Description of Work
Old tub removed...new tub installed, including tile work.

Category plumbing, hair replacement

Work Completed On 07/15/2019

06/27/2019

Joe .

Installed properly and neatly by a polite , professional named Matt.

Description of Work
Install frost free outdoor hose spigot

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

03/20/2019

Josh N.

Repair was well done and high quality. Bathtub installation not completed and reasons given for not completing were inaccurate. Jobsite not left in good order and not clean.

Description of Work
Plumbing Repair and Bathtub Installation

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

01/09/2019

Lauren A.

He was great. Found the issue and cleared it quickly for a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Clearing sewer main pipe clog

Work Completed On 01/04/2019

11/29/2018

Judith B.

Very nice, they kept me inform and work was great . Pricing very fair. Love my new bathroom.

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel

Work Completed On 11/29/2018

11/19/2018

Connie R.

Hasn't went well because I called and spoke with Golden Rule twice about coming out to identify what was causing the leak. I called and he was going to give me a call later when he was in the office to give me a date/time to come out. I didn't hear from that day so I called again the next day and he apologized for not calling and told me that he would definitely call me later that day with a confirmation of date and time. I actually laughed and said to him "you said that yesterday" and he said he definitely would give me a call (well that was three days ago and I still haven't heard from him). Two or three times Golden Rule has done work for me and were very professional and the prices were good which is why I continue to call them for services. I honestly was very surprised at the lack of communication from them. If I find a good contractor for any job I like to continue calling them because of their work ethics. After calling twice and speaking with someone who promised to give me a call to set up an appointment and not hearing from them is so very unprofessional. If they didn't want the job they could have just said so and I would have moved on. For the jobs that they did do for me everything was great. I am so disappointed in the way that they handled this last call for service because I've wasted time waiting for them and now I still have to find a reliable plumber. My time is valuable the same as their time. Thank you.

Description of Work
Have a leak in my living room which I think is coming from my tub in the master bathroom.

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

09/20/2018

Durgaprasad S.

I was out of country and communicating was difficult for me. He took care of every and processed payments after I returned. The service was prompt but payment collection took some time.

Description of Work
My tenant’s shower cartridge broke.

Work Completed On 08/20/2018

09/10/2018

Emily M.

The work was done well and for what I think is a fair price, but they completely missed one appointment and showed up late for the other.

Description of Work
Install disposal, fix minor leaks