Donnelly Heating Air Conditioning

Founded 1998 • With Angi since June 2010

4.4

242 Green Tree Dr

West Chester, PA 19382

We professionally install, service and repair HVAC systems. Give us a call today....

05/21/2022

Bruce B.

We switched to Donnelly Heating & Air Conditioning Inc because we needed a new Heat Pump System installed. After receiving several proposals from both large and smaller local companies we selected Donnelly. Tom came out for a presale review of our system. He was professional, on time, knowledgeable, asked the right questions so he could prepare a proposal that met our needs and situation. No high pressure, no upselling, using his experience to recommend the correct Heat Pump System at a reasonable price. He addressed all concerns and questions we had with the correct solutions. The installation crew was on time, very professional, knowledgeable, and experienced. The correct installation is as important as the system you select. Otherwise, you could have issues down the road or not happy with the installation. They were on time, professional, explained all they did and how to get the most efficiency from our new system, took the time to explain the system and were careful to keep everything clean and neat. We also installed a Fresh Air Anti-Virus/Mold/Odor and Dust Ozone Free Purifier which other companies didn’t even offer. You will be very happy if you need a small repair or an entire new heating and cooling system. We highly recommend Donnelly Heating & Air Conditioning for all your heating and cooling needs.

Description of Work
New heat Pump System

11/20/2018

Kwangmo K.

After founding some issues on my furnace a month ago, I called Donnelly to check up my furnace, but they cound not find the problem at that time. Somehow the furnace was working OK when the technician checked the furnace. Anyway I paid a service fee ($89) at that time. A month later, my furnace was broken again. The technician from Donnelly diagnosed a mulfunction of mother board and he placed an order. I paid another service fee ($125) for just checking the furnace. While waiting the parts from Donnelly, I contacted another contractor to check up other wall mounting heating unit. This certified contractor kindly checked the furnace and found the problem of my furnace. The problem was not a mother board, but the pressure unit. So I called Donnelly to cancel the order of mother board. However Donnelly refused to cancel my order. Donnelly said I have to pay the shipping and handling fee on mother board to cancel the order and forced me to pay ($76) it. First of all, Donnelly made a wrong diagnosis and asked the consumer to pay their mistake. It looks like they are about to change a good mother board with a new one with customer expense. Poor quality, inexperiened technicians, bad customer service and greedy. That is Donnelly at West Chester. Do not use them! Total I spent $290 to Donnelly for nothing.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

11/19/2018

Dianne G.

Amazing! Tom gave me the best estimate for the work I needed done (he was one of 4 companies I contacted); I received the best service, the best value, and professional and efficient work. I highly recommend this company - and that is an understatement. The work was completed in a timely and efficient manner; I was able to pay in 3 installments. It was scheduled in a matter of weeks; and completed faster than I would have imagined possible.

Description of Work
I needed 2 HVAC units (electric heat pumps) replaced.

11/02/2018

Rob F.

My review should be read in conjunction with the previous customer review. I was the second contractor called in after Donelly did not respond with a price for their diagnosis of a bad control board on the customers office rooftop unit ( RTU) While true that the board was not working, it was my diagnosis that 2 legs of the 3 phase electric delivery were out due to open fuses. A further inspection determined that 2 of the 3 pins on the RTU compressor were shorted to ground. Necessitating a compressor swap our. As this was a R-22 unit it needed a refrigerant change to an environmentally friendly refrigerant. I ultimately subcontracted the repair to a commercial contractor and the unit was up and running with the same control board a day later. The contractor is erroneous in his response that this customer is not his. Attached please find a pic of the original invoice that the customer sent to me as proof. Very troubling company. Do not use

Description of Work
Diagnosis of commercial rooftop unit

11/01/2018

AL S.

Terrible! the tech they sent over tried to measure 3 phase voltage at the rooftop fuses and didnt know what he was doing! Instead of turning off the power up at the disconnect, he proceeded to our main panel inhouse and knocked 6 workstations offline with a breaker he threw? He then proceeded to tell me our thermostat wasnt developing the required dc voltage the rooftop unit required to work (FAIL! thermostats dont develop voltage) He concluded it needed a new logic board and said he would order it and left. I called a reputable source and that contractor diagnosed the problem as a blown compressor, he replaced it and got the system up and running in 2 days. Meanwhile, no call back from Donnelly? when I called they said they were having problems finding the logic board. I informed him of the techs incompetence and that I wanted a refund of the service visit ($110) and the owner said he couldnt do that! NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE THESE GUYS!

Description of Work
Rooftop AC unit failed, needed repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

This is not our customer, may be another contractor with similar name

06/16/2017

Rita G.

Donnelly's men came, they were prepared to do the job and did it in two days. They were a pleasure to have in the house.

Description of Work
Replace 2 air conditioning units.

03/16/2017

connie M.

After Donnelly installed the unit it leaked water through my bedroom ceiling. Donnelly came back out and said they fixed the issue. However, shortly after I woke up at 3AM one morning to hear and see more water leaking through the ceiling. I called Donnelly again and they came again. I had to pay money to another HVAC company to inspect Donnelly's work. This other company identified that Donnelly had installed the AC unit incorrectly. I shared this information with Donnelly. They sent out one of the main Donnelly technicians who worked on the unit again. The AC unit hasn't leaked since but it hasn't been used due to the winter months. Donnelly did pay for the repairs to the ceiling. Their original pricing was the cheapest out of the other estimates I received.

Description of Work
They installed a brand new AC unit in my attic.

12/02/2016

H M.

The pricing was between the most expensive (Horizon) and the least. Mr. Donnelly said he was a perfectionist and would be certain the job was just right. Although the system was installed correctly as far as I can tell it was done sloppily. One of the installers was sufficiently rude that I considered sending them away before they started. The intake to the house was not properly caulked something I later remedied. The heat pump was placed on a thin metal platform rather than cement and began tilting after one year. I called this to service technicians' attention repeatedly without any response. In 2014 or 2015 a Donnelly service man took pictures saying he would 'let the office know.' Nothing happened. I mentioned it again in the spring of 2016, Again, no action. Finally, when making the 2016 winter service call I requested it be addressed and was told the technician would take 'new pictures.' When I asked to speak with Mr. Donnelly, I was told any questions would be relayed to him. After the technician came, I received a call that righting the unit would cost $250. When I asked for the details of the telephone estimate, the person said, "I don't know. I'm not a technician." I asked for a written proposal and was told she would ask Mr. Donnelly for it. When I said it was my feeling the heat pump should have been installed on concrete to begin with she stopped me saying, "before you get into this any deeper, I will speak with Mr. Donnelly. Have a nice day" and hung up. I was telephoned several days later by the same person saying the $250 charge broke down to $100 for "travel time" $25 for parts and $125 for labor. No written estimate. I again asked to speak with Mr. Donnelly and was again told she would relay the message. I was willing to pay for the repair not a $100 travel charge for a company located 7 miles away. A third call the same day from another person resulted in a possible offer of a credit toward a future cleaning after she checked with Mr. Donnelly. She also suggested changing the drainage a condition that existed at the time of the installation. I called another contractor who said he would level the unit with stones for the same price. When the second representative gave me the final position of the company, it was the $250 was a 'discounted' price reduced from $475 to level the unit with stones because I have a service contract with the company. That is the exact amount the independent contractor estimated to disconnect the unit, empty the freon, install a pad underneath, level and reinstall it. To me, the person with ultimate responsibility is obligated to stand behind his company's work rather than a protective wall of messengers. Mr. Donnelly personally promised 'perfection,' delivered bare adequacy and, in my opinion, overcharges his customers for repair work.

Description of Work
Donnelly HVAC installed a heat pump, propane heater and AC system in 2012.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

09/30/2016

Edwin H.

Installers came on time, were very respectful. They performed a clean job and did the job within the time previously agreed with "Donnelly". Price was reasonably and within our budget.

Description of Work
Installation of 2 heating and air conditioning systems. Including transition ductwork, exhaust piping and wiring. Also, removal of old system, equipment, refrigerant and debris from installation.

08/24/2016

William S.

Technician arrived promptly. He was polite and neat. Work was completed in timely manner. Equipment use was explained well.

Description of Work
Replaced HVAC unit in our home. Seasonal service for other HVAC unit.

05/06/2016

Rick M.

Went fine. Installed when promised, when they ran into a problem, it was fixed in 2 days. Good group to work with.

Description of Work
Install propane boiler system.

02/03/2016

Leisa N.

Excellent experience & service. Prompt, clean, very thorough.

Description of Work
Installed new heat pump & electronic air filter.

01/23/2016

Ms. Debby S.

Excellent from start to finish.

Description of Work
New heat pump system installed.

04/23/2015

Jennifer J.

They did a good job. The service technician and the office staff might not be communicating well.

Description of Work
They installed our heat pump 5 years ago so they came out to service it. It was just the regular seasonal cleaning, getting ready for summer. They cleaned and inspected the inside and the outside.

02/26/2015

Jessica E.

Lou, the installer, was on time, clean, personable and explained my new system in great detail. He was amazing! I would recommend them to all.

Description of Work
I had a cracked heat exchange on my oil furnace. Sheller diagnosed it but never bothered to provide me with an estimate. Donnelly came to the rescue on no notice and had a new heater and A/C unit installed on the next business day.

02/22/2015

David S.

Mr. Donnelly's crew showed up on time and finished early. The work was first rate and the follow up was excellent!

Description of Work
Replace furnace and AC unit.

07/28/2014

NOEL N.

They made a complete mess. Left wires uncovered. Didn't insulate ductwork. Very sloppy job and very unprofessional work.

Description of Work
They didn't install system like previous system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We are responding to the review [removed member name] posted. We want home owners to understand the reason for [removed member name] negative review. This installation was completed by us on 01/27/2007 not in 2011. At the time of the installation the new HVAC system was tested; it was running efficiently. Then on January 25, 2014 an electrical problem, with the main panel, accrued damaging the electric heat package inside the newly installed heat pump. An electrician confirmed that this was what caused the problem. We discussed the findings with her and explained that we would return to her home to replace the damaged heat package for the cost of $380.00. We did return to her home and replaced the damaged the heat package. We still have not received payment for that Invoice #3960 for $380.00 In 2007 Mrs.[removed member name] submitted a complaint to the BBB reputing paying this invoice and saying her electric bill where high. We responded to her BBB complaint; following our response it was determined that she was responsible for that payment. After this we still tried to please her. Again we returned to her home and repaired her existing duct (not duct that we installed) at no charge. We tried to take care of her pre- existing problems, even though they had nothing to do with our installation. Unfortunately she never understood that we completed a quality installation for her. Now, seven years later she is still attempting to prove herself correct. Again those outside circumstances at her home had absolutely nothing to do with our HVAC installation and quality craftsmanship. Please understand that we are a hard working family owned and operated company. We are upset to see this review on our page and hope the you will not take this one very seriously. Sincerely, Karen Donnelly

06/23/2014

Doris V.

Have a service contract as heating unit installed by company and is warranted. Maintenance service is thorough. Service hours inconvenient-weekdays only and latest window is 1:00PM. Need to take off work to accommodate. Weekend emergency service hours are limited and not available after 2:00PM. Good for people who do not work.

Description of Work
semi-annual service, used in fall and spring

06/09/2014

Anne M.

great. he was very professional, cleaned up area after he was done so you would never know he had been there

Description of Work
cleaned air conditioning unit, air cleaning unit and associated filters. tested to be sure operational for summer

05/17/2014

Cheryl M.

Donnelly's service was great. My heat pump broke. Even though I was a new customer they came to my house within 45 minutes of my phone call. I had a new unit the next day. The service men were courteous, informative & neat. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed new heat pump. Removed old unit.

04/29/2014

Carole and Joe L.

It took Lou and Dave(?) 2 days to do the job, We went away to avoid the mess, and when we got home we wouldn't have known they were here except for the new outdoor A/C unit. They were good enough to call me at the end of the day so I could rearm the security system. So, it went well, but I wasn't there to see the details.

Description of Work
Tom came and quoted a complete replacement of my 25 year old air conditioning system. His bid was right where I hoped it would be. Like other bidders, he noted that it would be a difficult job because of the inside unit being in a very tight place. Unlike the others, he figured out how to do the job and did not shy away from bidding. He started a few days after I accepted the bid.

01/23/2014

Brian B.

Donnelly was our 3rd estimate andwe knew right off of there professionalism, ability to talk to a novice HVAC family that we are we found the right guy!

Description of Work
New AC unit, furnace and humidifier.

08/21/2013

Arthur S.

The Jonnesey team was from start to finish.

Description of Work
Two new central Gr system.

07/17/2013

Debby B.

We had a not-so-good experience with our heat pump installed by another contractor. Tom was here and gave us an estimate. He seems extremely knowledgeable and took the time to explain why the original contractor's proposed system would not work. He inspires confidence in his knowledge of HVAC systems. We will be making a decision in the very near future.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for a new Heat Pump

05/31/2013

Dominic P.

Donnelly started on time every day. They finished 1/2 day early. Very professional install. Completely satisfied.

Description of Work
Install central A/C unit, air handler, and duct work. Central A/C unit outside house, duct work, etc. Done in attic.

DiBiase Heating & Cooling Company

Since 2008, DiBiase Heating and Cooling Company has been West Chester’s go-to source for heating, air conditioning, indoor air quality services, water heater services, and more! Available in Downington, Chester Springs, and all of the surrounding areas, we specialize in fast, effective workmanship and customer-focused service that leaves our customers 100% satisfied. From installations and replacements to preventative maintenance, our licensed, insured, trained, and certified team members take care of everything your equipment needs to keep your home environment comfortable, clean, and healthy. Our doors are open 24/7, and we’re always available to provide you with same-day appointments, virtual consultations, free proposals, and more. Call today to let our team make your home as comfortable as possible!

R.F.BONDURANT Plumbing & Heating

Welcome to the website of Richard F. Bondurant Plumbing & Heating LLC, one of Pennsylvania's most respected providers of plumbing and heating services. We are a full service family-owned and operated plumbing and heating contractor. For more than 30 years, we've provided our customers with the most efficient on-the-sport service possible. Your needs and our reputation are extremely important to us. This is why we stand behind everything we sell and install. Whether your're constructing your new home, looking to remodel your bathroom, needing to update your hot water heating system or simply needing to fix a leaky faucet, we have one goal in mind: togive you superior services at a great value. Our staff of professionals receive continuous training and education on new and current technologies. As a member of the Plumber-Heating-Cooling-Contractors Association (PHCC), all work performed will meet or exceed local & state plumbing code standards. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business.

Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC

Golden Rule Plumbing & Contracting, LLC, lives by the golden rule. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality dependable service at affordable prices for all of your plumbing & home improvement needs; always on time & on budget. We take great pride in exceeding your every expectation. We take care of all of your plumbing needs large & small, from complete plumbing for new construction, additions, & remodels, to all faucets, fixtures, pipes, hot water heaters, drain cleaning, sump pumps, water & sewer mains & more! We treat all of our customers the way we would like to be treated, with honest, reliable, personalized service at affordable prices.

Water Heater, Boilers, Furnaces, Heat Pumps, Air Conditioners Replacements, Repair & Installation.

Duct cleaning