College Hunks Hauling Junk

Founded 2012 • With Angi since January 2012

308 Westtown Rd

West Chester, PA 19382

Chester County & Philly Junk Removal and Donation Pickups. College Hunks Hauling Junk® provides you with friendly and uniformed collegiate teams to remove unwanted items directly from your attic, basement, or any other current location. We remove all non-hazardous items including furniture, appliances, construction materials, renovation debris, yard waste, and more. We take pride in providing professional teams who are trained to move or dispose of your items properly while also respecting you and your property. Your College Hunks Hauling Junk experience will be worth telling your friends about!...

08/18/2020

Nina F.

They increased the pricing quote the night before the move (from $110/hour for two movers and $110/truck fee at an estimated 5.5 hours to $165/hours for three movers and a $165/truck fee at 7.5 hours) and then damaged 6 furniture items beyond repair. The movers didn't use hand trucks and the move took a very long time as they moved every box down the hallway one-by-one. The movers used NO protection for my furniture in the truck (that is my assumption based on the extent of the damage). The furniture was moved one mile - this was not a long haul move. I submitted a claim the day of the move including details of the damage, the concerns with the move and photos of the damage, and was told it would be resolved in three days. It is a full week later and despite my reaching out to receive an update on the status of the damage, I have none. I have moved whole households (this was a 1.5 bathroom/1 bedroom/850 square foot condo) across country and have had little to no damage. I could never in good conscious recommend this company.

Description of Work
Three part move

08/16/2019

James B.

Malik and Harry did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Removing very heavy couch.

08/12/2019

Helene H.

Malik and Harry actually arrived early. They were higly professional, courteous, thorough, and fast. I couldn't believe how quickly and efficiently they both worked. They were pleasant and personable. I highly recommend this service.

Description of Work
Couch, treadmill, 3 air conditioners removed from basement and 2nd floor. Shelves storage tubs, computer moved from 2nd floor to basement.

07/16/2019

Michael G.

Easy and efficient to schedule.(We were doing a move in place, i.e. moving large pieces of furniture within the house, including a 400lb jukebox to the basement) Upfront, competitive prices (competitors included "travel time", etc) The guys themselves were GREAT, on time, very efficient, very polite. Have to give a shout out to Malik B & Harry W, they are amazing!!! If a project like this ever arises again, i'll be calling Malik & Harry. PS- this may be my first angies list review, I tend not to bother with reviews, or yelps. Malik and Harry deserve it though.

Description of Work
Rearranging large pieces of furniture

Category moving companies, home & garage organization

06/06/2019

Suzanne J.

It went beautifully. Two gentlemen, Harry and Malik, were punctual, professional and went above and beyond to be helpful. They did an incredible job. It is because of them that I would use this company again. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Picking up living room furniture for donation

04/12/2019

Elinor B.

The gentlemen who helped us out were courteous and kind. Their work was efficient and timely. All good!

Description of Work
Hauling patio furniture

03/20/2019

Lauren S.

Dom and Will were true professionals. They got the job done quickly and for a great price. I enjoyed working with them and would absolutely call them again.

Description of Work
Moving furniture and removing junk.

Category garbage collection, hauling services, moving companies

02/16/2019

Johanna R.

Harry and Malik were courteous and efficient. They were conscious about not bumping into walls, doors, lights, etc. Total time spent on junk removal was 30 minutes.

Description of Work
Junk removal

02/08/2019

alison K.

Crew was inept. Knows nothing about moving furniture and placing appropriately in a home. They may be great for hauling and shoving in a storage area or to the dump. We were not happy with that the movers left our furniture piled up in one room because they said they had to leave? They could not do their job so they bailed. They are terrible movers. We had to find professional movers to do the job that College Hunks could not do. They accomplished the task in less than a half hour. Don't get duped by this company. They suck.

Description of Work
moving furniture from one location to another about 48 miles away

09/21/2018

Cheryl F.

It was the worse experience.I told them that they had to take the door off my fridge. They did not have the tools, had to use my tool. They did not measure anything. They also rip my son door jam. They had nothing to work with. They had to call the company to get help on how to get the door out my house.

Description of Work
pick a fridge from my house to take to my son house.

06/15/2018

kyle M.

Pat, Saybrim, and Desean all did a wonderful job and made our move very simple, thanks!

Description of Work
movingfrom west chester to downingtown

06/08/2018

C M.

AMAZING! They called ahead of time to confirm, needed very little direction, and got my bulk items removed in no time! Very professional! My movers were Milby, Maurice, and Alex! They were great!

Description of Work
Junk Removal & Hauling

06/06/2018

Thomas M.

Moved a 5000 square foot house. Very pleased w/ service. Movers arrived on time and were professional, polite and friendly and handled my items w/ care. They worked extremely hard x 12 hrs on a hot, humid day w/ nary a complaint. Their energy level was fantastic. Kudos to John Bags, Pat, Harry W, Jack and Fatin!

Description of Work
Moving from one home to another

05/15/2018

Mandana S.

Braxton and Joe did a great job hauling furniture from my house. They were prompt and courteous. The price provided was very reasonable. I would use College Hunks again.

Description of Work
Hauling furniture

03/27/2018

Jeanne G.

Pat, Mike B and Liam did an excellent job. They were fast, friendly, and very professional. They were very careful handling the items they moved. This is the second time I have used College Hunks and I would definitely use them again. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moving items from one storage unit to another, including a stop to pick up additional goods between the stops.

03/01/2018

Susan S.

I can’t say enough nice things about John Bags and Matt C who helped us last weekend. On time, hard working polite. I paid less than expected because they worked so quickly. Very impressed and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Moving and hauling

02/28/2018

Judi S.

Absolutely terrific. They called ahead to let us know when they would arrive. They were quick, efficient and easy to work with. The price was reasonable and we discussed possible use of other services they provide.

Description of Work
took away old sectional

02/26/2018

Joanne M.

Brandon and Maurice did a great job removing furniture and junk from our basement. They were on time, professional, and very courteous. Will definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Junk removal

02/24/2018

Rick C.

I had two teams (Braxton, Raf, Jay Kip and Andre). These guys were awesome!! They were fast, pleasant and best of all, reliable. Easiest move I've ever had. And I've moved A LOT.

Description of Work
Moving and Junk Removal

01/15/2018

Jody D.

Braxton and Tom were very nice and courteous. I really appreciated their professionalism. They arrived on time and removed the items very quickly, so as to allow me to attend to my day.

Description of Work
Removal of twin bed and some construction materials

12/31/2017

Timothy S.

these two individuals Braxton and Jason were simply exceptional!! Outstanding in all aspects- Professional, on-time, caring, efficient Fair price We will use this service again!

Description of Work
Removal of furniture, small appliance

11/13/2017

Joyce M.

ALL OF THE MOVE WENT OFF PERFECT, TIMELY, WELL ORGANIZED AND SUPER PROFESSIONAL.

Description of Work
WE HIRED THIS COMPANY TO PACK OUR TRUCK FOR AN OUT OF STATE MOVE. THEY WERE COMPLETELY PROFESSIONAL, WORKED EFFICIENTLY, AND AT A STEADY PACE. THEY WERE EXTREMELY CAREFUL AND ALL WORK WAS DONE AS PROMISED. THEY WERE ON TIME AND EVERY THING WENT PERFECT. I WAS CONCERNED WITH OUR NOT GETTING THE CORRECT SIZE TRUCK, BUT FIT EVERYTHING IN THE TRUCK IN A WELL THOUGHT OUT, ORGANIZED MANOR AND WE EVEN HAD SOME EXTRA ROOM. BEST MOVERS EVER.

10/23/2017

Melissa D.

I think we got lucky and had a phenomenal group of guys to come out and help us. Other than that, we did not have a good experience with our expected service. My husband just had emergency back surgery and I just delivered our baby girl, so we were really counting on these guys for a stress-free move. Michael, our estimator, was polite and knowledgeable. And thank GOODNESS for our movers, Aaron, Harry, and Trey. They were so hardworking, respectful, kind, clean, and really cared about our home and belongings. The issue we had was with whoever managed the schedule because they sent us a truck that was too small, costing us time (the guys had to do three trips instead of one like we were promised!!) and therefore money, and then never called me back when I left them voicemails about how disappointed I was. I recommend this group strictly because of Michael, Harry, Aaron, Trey, and also Raphael and Tiger who helped us pack. But be warned - if you schedule services you should call the morning of to make sure you’re getting what you were promised!!! And make sure you request those guys.

Description of Work
Packing and moving

10/16/2017

Daryl A.

Perfect. Braxton, Maurice and Kevin were kind, polite, professional and incredibly accommodating. They arrived on time and completed the job in an efficient manner. Pricing was spot on. Use CHHJ and hope you are lucky enough to get this crew. Thank you gentlemen.

Description of Work
Removing junk and donatable items from 4 areas of our home.

09/10/2017

Gabrielle W.

Prompt, professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Hauling large furniture for donation.

Get It Done Services

We provide junk Removal, hauling, heavy lifting, moving services, clean outs and more just ask

Sylvan Friendly Movers

Full Service Packing and Moving Services. Servicing all of Baltimore, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, and the state of Delaware.

Millennium Moving Co

Millennium Moving & Storage in Montgomeryville, Pennsylvania, is the full moving service offering local and long-distance moving expertise. We also offer short- and long-term storage options. Learning the art of moving, like any profession, takes professional training, attention to detail, and a passion for excellence. Our company has the passion and experience it takes to make your move smooth. That's because our ongoing training is given to every team member, giving our moving counselors, packers, drivers, and crewmen the knowledge they need to serve your moving needs. By using innovative equipment, packing materials, and techniques, we also ensure the utmost protection of your valued possessions. With 75 years of combined moving experience, we truly are the moving pros. If the idea of moving everything in your home seems overwhelming, our professionals promise to make your move manageable. We will personally assign you a moving counselor who is organized, efficient, and an experienced veteran to move you and your family into the future. Additional DBA - Millennium Moving & Storage. Family owned & operated. Moving available Monday through Saturday (8:00 AM - 6:00 PM) Sundays upon availability

$10

Furniture Removal, Junk Removal, Recycling, Appliance Removal, Appliance Disposal, Appliance Recycling, Trash Removal, Debris Removal, Packing, Labor, Moving Labor

Hazardous Materials Removal