Archadeck of Chester County

Founded 1980 • With Angi since February 2011

1307 Barkway Ln

West Chester, PA 19380

Here at Archadeck of Chester County, we deliver the service and community commitment of a local, family-owned business backed by the strength of a parent company that has built over 75,000 incredible outdoor structures since 1980. Local family owned & operated. Additional DBA - Exterior Design Concepts. Additional e-mails - info@archadeck.net, chesterco@archadeck.net. Additional website - www.archadeck.com....

06/19/2018

Rudy E.

Excellent!

Description of Work
Deck post replacement

Category decks, deck cleaning

Thanks, [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate the time you took to do the review.

08/22/2017

Robert K.

Everything went very well. Juan was of enormous help in the design phase. Elam is a skilled craftsman. All of the workers were courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Our deck was completely rebuilt.

Category decks

Thank you for reviewing our services, [Member Name Removed]. We hope you get much enjoyment from your new deck and screened porch. Please contact us if anything needs our attention.

08/14/2017

Michael G.

Outstanding price, quality work, and services provided. It's a raised deck with walkout basement directly below. During the demolition phase, we discovered water damage and rotted wood. I had already planned to replace the Ledger which is where the deck attaches to home. What we didn't anticipate was the majority of the wall below deck was also damaged. This cause a 1 day delay in construction project, they provided a very reasonable quote to repair everything. Can say it enough... Outstanding price, quality work, and services provided.

Description of Work
Old deck on Townhouse completely removed, New deck built with extension.

Category decks

Thank you for taking the time to review our service. We appreciate you chosing Archadeck.

06/08/2016

Jamie B.

It was a pleasure to work with Archadeck. Juan was very responsive and knowledgeable. The crew that installed the deck were professional and hard working. They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
Removed approximately 800 square feet of existing wood decking and railings and replaced with composite decking and aluminum railings. Rebuilt two sets of stairs and replaced support posts.

Category decks

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. It was a pleasure for us to work with you also. Enjoy the deck!

05/18/2016

R K.

05/15/2016

Carol L.

Since we agreed on the project in November, it took some time to figure out when to start construction based on the timing of the new door delivery as well as the weather. Once the project started, though, Juan kept me well informed on the timing. His crew did high quality work, especially his carpenter, and they left the job site clean at the end of every workday. They were also willing to work with us when we needed to take time out of the schedule to install wiring for the new portico light, and they fixed unexpected molding fit problems due to changes in measurements before and after the new stoop was installed. All in all, we were very pleased with Archadeck and highly recommend them to anyone looking for porch or molding installation,

Description of Work
Archadeck replaced our front door, sidelights, and molding, plus added a new arched portico and railings to our front landing. The stoop had already been replaced by a contractor recommended by Archadeck.

Category decks

Thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate the comments.

01/26/2016

Bob M.

Juan was extremely professional and a pleasure to deal with. Even when I had a follow-up request 6 months later he was terrific helping me out. His crew were able to tear down and re-deck my deck in basically a day. The new deck looks great and the staircase is solid, the workmanship is terrific. They removed all the debris and left my yard looking great as well. I am extremely happy with Juan and Archadeck and would highly recommend them. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Remove old rotted decking, stairs and privacy wall on my 10' x 10' deck with landing and 12 step staircase. Replace decking and privacy wall, build and reinforce new set of stairs.

Category contractors, decks

[Member Name Removed], thank you for taking the time to review our services. We appreciate your comments and look forward to doing business with you again if you have any further needs.

10/27/2015

Bob M.

I really could not have asked for a better experience. The process was not stressful at all for me. I felt that the price was reasonable considering the amount of work that was being done. Everyone involved was professional and kind. Juan even worked with me... I needed to sign the contract so he came to my workplace so that I could do so. I'm extremely satisfied and would highly recommend Archadeck to anyone!

Description of Work
This review is coming from my daughter, Lynn: My deck was in very bad shape and needed some major help. Juan came out and took a look at everything the next business day after I called. We spoke about price and some specifics and agreed on the service. Juan's team removed all of the planks, railings and the staircase and repaired a warped support beam. They also secured the deck using some lateral supports.

Category decks

Thanks for taking the time to do a review of our services. We are happy that you the experience was pleasant and hope you get much enjoyment from your new deck.

10/16/2015

John S.

Unlike any other person I contacted from Angie' list, Juan came out, looked at the job, and sent me an estimate. It took me all summer contacting people for the job. I was stood up, there was no follow up...very unprofessional. Juan was professional and prompt. After he completed the job he said it wasn't as much work as he thought and reduced the estimate by half. I would definitely hire Juan again.

Description of Work
I needed a new concrete footing for my deck. They dig out old one and lured new one while jacking up the top deck.

Category decks

Thank you for reviewing our service. While we rarely do small repairs during the busy building season, when it comes to deck safety we know it's critically important and we attempt to respond as quickly as may be needed.

07/25/2015

kevin G.

I have been in construction all most 45 years, and I could count on one hand the number of contractors with the attention to detail, and ability that Juan and his crew showed from start to finish. This was a detailed project and the crew came through every time. I cant say enough good things about them.

Description of Work
Built a sun room from the ground up. stick framed.

Category contractors, decks

12/05/2014

John R.

Juan and his team were excellent. They exceeded our expectations. The porch and deck look great. The craftsmanship and quality is first rate. We are very particular and looked at many contractors before deciding to go with Juan. We spent a couple of years thinking about this project, so we had a very good idea of what we wanted. Unlike some contractors, Juan didn't try to tell us what he wanted, he listened and offered great suggestions. They have an extensive amount of photographs to help with design ideas. We liked the work he did on other properties and checked into his many referrals. All were very positive. The team started on time and once they started stayed on the job until it was completed. There was no worrying if they were going to show up today or not. They were there every day. We used Timbertech composite for the decking and railings. All of the trim was the highest quality Azek. We wanted a hip roof so as to not interfere with windows on our second story- which worked out great- but adds a level of complexity to the building. They took great care and attention to all of the details. They used the highest quality materials and worked with us to ensure it was exactly was we wanted. I would not hesitate to refer Archadeck of Chester County to anyone looking for a porch or decking. We are very satisfied.

Description of Work
Juan and his team from Archadeck of Chester County built a screened in porch with an attached deck.

09/29/2014

Reed W.

It has been six months since we did our project with Juan and his team and we can now say with confidence what a great product they have. Our new deck is very attractive and comfortable. As important, the project was a full tear down and we have had several experienced contractors applaud the professional manner in which the deck was reconstructed to the highest building standards. The project was carried out in a very professional manner and they were very respectful of our home and privacy. We are comfortable recommending Archadeck of Chester County to any homeowner in the region.

Description of Work
Tear down and rebuild 350sq ft deck

04/09/2014

Stephen K.

I live in a HOA, so there were a lot of restrictions when building the roof. They met all the criteria with the materials. It looks like the roof came with the house!

Description of Work
They designed and fabricated a roof for an existing deck.

Category awnings, decks, roofing

03/03/2014

Connie T.

The porch and deck are beautiful. The team was professional and always aware of the quality of the job. Taking the time to make it just right. The porch looks like it's always been there with the perfect match on the roof and materials. We are very happy with the job and would happily recommend Archadeck of Chester County to our friends.

Description of Work
Archadeck built a new deck and screened in porch for us.

01/09/2014

Amelia H.

I couldn't be more pleased with the work done by Archadeck. The job was done quickly and looks fantastic. I had been searching for a contractor to replace/extend my existing deck and replace the stairs leading to my front door for close to two years with little success, until I requested an estimate from Archadeck. The team was always on time, very respectful of my person and home and built me a beautiful deck. They handled all 3rd party issues (home owners association requests and inspectors) professionaly and quickly. I strongly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Deck and stair replacement

12/18/2013

SUSAN C.

By the time I was ready to begin work, Juan politely declined to be considered because his book of work had grown so busy that he could not get my job done.

Description of Work
Provided written bid to demo a deck, hot tub and concrete pad. Juan Cardona (owner) was punctual, professional, answered all of my questions and provided a detailed written estimate.

Category decks, excavators

07/22/2013

Daniel F.

The work was done on time, within budget, and to my expectations. Juan and his crew are VERY responsive and customer oriented.

Description of Work
Replaced the decking boards and railing on our deck with a Timbertek product.

05/08/2013

Grace H.

I didn’t receive any response from this company.

Description of Work
I called Archadeck of Chester County for an estimate on a deck.

Category decks

I never heard of this person. I have no record of a call from her.

04/30/2013

Kevin V.

After searching for a reliable company to repair my screened-in-porch, I stumbled upon Archadeck of Chester County. Juan Cardona came out to the house on our appointment day and was earlier than expected. He was professional, respectful and looked at the porch while trying to not disturb what my family had going on inside. He was courteous to get all of his measurements for an estimate with minimal disruption to us. The estimate was a little higher than what my wife and I were able to afford but Juan worked with us to see how we could lower the cost with various options to be a little more manageable. Right away, I felt like he was not trying to get as much money out of me as possible. On both days of work, Juan and his company were there early. Never mind on time, but they came in at least 15 minutes early each day. After agreeing to completely replace the wood framing and porch door, Juan promptly communicated an issue to me with the knee high wall that we were going to leave and build upon. He showed me how the wall was not salvageable and he and his workman suggested various options to extend the screen to the bottom of the concrete slab and put up a railing in order to comply with code. He sent me a picture to see what we could expect and revised his estimate keeping in mind the constrained budget my wife and I had. The work was done in a day and a half, it looked exceptional and my wife and I couldn't be happier with the work that Juan and his company did. It basically is a brand new screened-in-porch wrapped in vinyl for minimal up-keep. I even had random questions on how to make the concrete slab underneath look a little nicer and Juan was always courteous to answer with suggestions or advice when possible. At the end of the project, I told him that I wished they didn't just do decks and porches because I was so impressed with their work ethic, professionalism and attention to detail and would have used them for everything I needed to fix.

Description of Work
Repair screened-in-porch: holes in screens, wood framing damaged and rotted, door damaged, knee high wall rotted out and needed replacement.

Category contractors, decks, screen repair, deck cleaning, woodworking, sunrooms

04/16/2013

Wayne A.

They were very knowledgeable. The quote amount was about $10000. They did follow up. But I went with another company that was more local and I felt a little more comfortable with the other company. Also, the price quote of the other company was a little better.

Description of Work
Archadeck of Chester County gave us a quote.

04/09/2013

Denise M.

Archadeck and Juan Cardona were very professional. Frankly, I had a little difficulty locating a company to rescreen my porch and I was delighted when Mr. Cardona came to give us an estimate in the Fall. We agreed on a price and he indicated he would contact me in the Spring to set up an installation date. He called me yesterday asking about the possibility of doing the work today and his men were here promptly this morning and completed the job in a few hours. The screening looks great. Job well done. His men were polite and efficient. I would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Archadeck rescreened my 16x16 porch. The panels were roughly 7' x 8'.

03/18/2013

Michael P.

Juan was one time for our first appointment; delivered the estimate promptly; provided all the documentation necessary to receive approval from our HOA; and the work was completed on time, on budget.

Description of Work
Replaced rotting cedar deck boards with 5 x 3/4 pressure treated boards.

01/31/2013

Charles L.

They came out and examined the existing deck and made special efforts to procure the same decking material for the extension (since my deck materials had been discontinued. They went so far as to contact the manufacturer to obtain similar decking to the existing one. They came out and did the work in day and did a wonderful job. I can't even tell it was an extension. The price was very reasonable. I would without doubt use them again for any deck work mat

Description of Work
Archadeck made an extension to my existing deck with the same materials Archadeck made special efforts to secure the same decking materials so that match.

06/01/2012

Laurie M.

Wow. this project went surprisingly smoothly. I attribute this all to Juan and his capable craftsmen. This was a large project, almost a year in the planning before I even contacted Archadeck of Chester County. Once I contacted Juan Cardona, he responded with complete professionalism. He stayed on budget and ahead of schedule. Whenever there was a hiccup in the plan- (and when is there never a hiccup??), Juan adopted a problem solving approach. I felt like he always strove to keep my best interest in mind. Juan hired workers that displayed excellent craftsmanship as well as professionalism. I feel Juan is trustworthy and capable. I really can't say enough good things about Juan and his crew. i am already dreaming about the next project that i can use them for.

Description of Work
14' x 24' cedar screened porch, 8' x 10' deck, small interior addition. Project included lowering of a floor, new crawl space, complicated roof line.

Category contractors, decks, remodeling, roofing, basement waterproofing, deck cleaning

02/15/2011

Jeff S.

We started the design process in July 2010. Juan Cardona came to the house to discuss the project and took some measurements. Initially we were looking to have the deck constructed from Cumaru, another Brazilian hardwood and although Juan had never used this material he went out of his way to try to get it for us. Unfortunately the supplier let us down so the deck was ultimately built with IPE. IPE is a relatively expensive Brazilian hard wood. It is dense and durable with an appearance similar to teak, which makes it an excellent material for outside structures like decks. However, it does require special building techniques including pre-drilling and sealing of all cut ends to prevent splitting and checking so it is important to use a contractor that has experience with this material and Juan has built quite a few of them. The design process took some time and for the most part this was my fault for not knowing exactly what I wanted. Sometimes it took a while for him to respond. Juan is very set in his ways and throughout the course of the project we did have a couple of conflicts but we managed to work through them. It took some time to get the material and there were delays due to bad weather so the deck wasn?t completed until early October 2010. The two man crew that did a majority of the work was polite and capable. In the end we got the beautiful deck we had envisioned so we were very pleased with the outcome.

Description of Work
Archadeck of Chester County designed and built a 240 sq ft freestanding IPE deck. The deck was well designed with professional engineering drawings including all necessary load calculations needed for obtaining a permit, which Juan acquired but I paid for. The decking, handrails, stairs and a small landing off the back door were constructed of solid IPE, the rim joists were covered with IPE fascia boards. Decking was laid down with hidden fasteners at an extra cost but worth it in my opinion. The supporting structure is substantial with the posts buried as opposed to sitting on concrete piers, a perfectly acceptable construction method and in my opinion more visually appealing.