A.H. Davis and Son, Inc.

Founded 1939 • With Angi since June 2010

320 E Gay St

West Chester, PA 19380

Third generation family owned and operated since 1939. Licensed and Insured. Free Estimates

05/25/2015

Rudolf D.

Very well done. Was able to fit into schedule quicker than normal. Well coordinated all the way through the process. Delivered as promised.

Description of Work
replace roof

03/14/2015

J Christopher L.

Smoothly. Very peasant to work with.

Description of Work
Slate placed on entry roof. Very nicely done.

01/01/2015

Paul K.

I called AH Davis to get an estimate to replace the wood siding on our house. Kirk Davis came to our house. (I believe Kirk is the owner/president.) He was polite and professional. He shared some ideas and took some measurements. He stated that he would get back to me in several weeks with some ideas and estimates. After three or four weeks, I called and left a message questioning the status of the estimates. No response. I called twice more about six and eight weeks following the initial visit. I never received a follow-up call, letter or e-mail. I guess the good news is that I learned this before I signed a contract. I do not recommend using this company, despite the very positive first impression.

Description of Work
I called AH Davis to provide an estimate for new siding. No work was completed.

10/23/2013

Matthew T.

Avoid. I called A. H. Davis to schedule an estimate for repairs to my slate roof. Kirk Davis came and looked at my roof and said he would send a written estimate in a few days. After two weeks, I received nothing. I followed up with a polite phone call, an he assured me he would send the estimate shortly. A month later, nothing.

Description of Work
Nothing. I called for an estimate, Kirk Davis came out and and looked at my roof, but the never provided a written estimateas promised.

Kirk Davis contacted the member directly to apologize for the oversight in not getting his written estimate to him in a timely fashion. Kirk Davis / A.H. Davis & Son, Inc. has since provided the member his written estimate for slate roof repairs. Our company has not previously received any negative reviews. Our A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau, our stellar GuildQualtiy ratings and our selection as a Best Pick Reports company are testament to our solid reputation as a quality contractor for over 75 years. You can check out these ratings through links on our website at www.ahdavisandson.com.

06/28/2012

Raymond E.

They are excellent. My experience with them was very fine; they did the work quickly and they did it very well. With regard to price, I had nothing to compare it with. These are people who had done work before and put a roof on twenty years, so it was just a contractor that I knew did good work. I didn't shop around for price; I just assumed that it was going to be in the ballpark. The quality of work was excellent.

Description of Work
AH Davis & Son Inc installed new gutters for me.

Category gutter repair

12/27/2011

Raymond E.

It went very smoothly. They said that the roof was in pretty good shape and did not actually need to be replaced even though it is 20 years old. There was a slight delay in finishing it because it was raining and they don't work in the rain. I would say that it was all done in three days and I was very pleased with the work. They were very courteous and professional, and as far as I can tell, they did a great job. They had put on the previous roof 25 years ago for my father, who has passed away, and so I had their name in my father's file and I just called them up. I didn't get more than one bid for it, and so I don't know about the price, but it seemed reasonable for what they did.

Description of Work
A H Davis & Son Inc removed the previous gutter system which had been partially damaged and installed new gutters with additional downspouts. I wanted a robust system and so it was an upgrade from K5 to K6 gutters. They also did minor repairs on the roof. They also added drains to take the water from the downspouts further away from the house.

Category gutter repair, roofing, drain pipe

ES Excavating

We are a full-service excavating contractor and can also provide you with landscape design and storm water solutions. We aim to complete each of our projects in an efficient and cost effective way. We don’t cut corners and we always take proper precautions to prevent any potential problems and dangers while striving to ensure that the project is complete on time and under budget.

Valdel Plumbing

Residential Plumbing & Drain Cleaning Service. Owners have over 30 years of experience. Proudly servicing Montgomery County, Chester County, Delaware County and lower Bucks County with professional, personal and timely service. Guaranteed respect for you, your time and your home. No job is too big or too small. Call us today for Expert Service, Quality Products, and Affordable Price!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Valdel Plumbing on Angi
    Delaware Plumbing Professionals

We take great pride in being family owned and operated. Our mission is to provide our customers with exceptional service while delivering top-notch quality. Our reputation is based on the service and quality we provide, as well as the safety of our customers and their homes. We strive for transparency throughout your entire experience with our company and as well, promise to be upfront and honest. We treat your home like our home. Call us today for Better Service, Better Price, Better Value!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by Delaware Plumbing Professionals on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, PayPal

ask for details

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about A.H. Davis and Son, Inc.

How is A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. overall rated?

A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. is currently rated 4.6 overall out of 5.

What days are A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. open?

A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. is open:

What payment options does A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. provide

A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available, PayPal

Does A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offer free estimates?

Yes, A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offers free project estimates.

Does A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

Yes, A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offers eco-friendly accreditations.

Are warranties offered by A.H. Davis and Son, Inc.?

Yes, A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offer?

A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. offers the following services: Re roofing, new construction roofing, residing, new construction siding, new gutter and custom metalwork, asphalt, cedar, slate, tile, copper, steel and rubber roofing materials, vinyl, fiber cement & cedar siding materials, windows, doors, decks stucco remediation. James Hardie Fiber Cement Siding.

Are there any services A.H. Davis and Son, Inc. does not offer?

ask for details