ACA Remodeling Inc

Founded 1989 • With Angi since June 2007

4.3

131 S Bolmar St BLDG Z

West Chester, PA 19382

ACA Remodeling is the most reliable remodeling and painting contractor in Chester County. We offer full-service in the West Chester area, providing remodeling services in Exton, Berwyn, the Main Line and other areas surrounding Chester County PA. We are a full-service residential and commercial

11/29/2020

Nathalie P.

Contracted ACA Remodeling to finish the basement in our new construction townhome. The contract included finishing the basement with a full bath and an office. The project was located in Upper Providence Township. We decided to hire Tony as his price was very fair and we appreciated how quickly he responded to our inquiries. Quick response times was important to us as we were brining our baby home towards the end of the scheduled work. However, nearing the end of the project (bathroom) things changed rather drastically and not positively. We postponed this review because we felt bad, as Tony was a generally nice person and didn’t want to impact someones business during a pandemic. At this point we’ve decided to post it to warn CONSUMERS. Tony is a very nice man, who has good subcontractors, however the work completed by Tony was not what you expect from a professional bath and basement contractor. In our case we ended up a bathroom that was rushed. This was clearly visible in the tile work, you’ll note in the pictures Tony lacked the expertise visible by the esthetic issues. The shower pools water and does not drain. When used we spend at least 10 minutes sweeping water out of the base into the drain. For this reason we try not to use the bathroom. Tony did try to fix the shower (wall) tile and the floor tile (more detail below)— the attached pictures are of the final product. We have learned to live with the crooked tiles. The day he uncovered the shower base (the day he finished the job) he had a sign on the shower head that said do not turn on for 24hrs. Which didn’t allow us to do a water test prior to him finishing the work. We can only speculate to determine if this was on purpose. When we discovered this we were advised that he would fix this issue but we would need to sign another contract for this work and would require additional payment. The reason being that he had lowered the price of the bathroom cost as we and he agreed the workmanship (crooked tiles wall/floor) was not up to par (decrease was about around $900). We do want to stress that the subcontractors workmanship was GREAT. The issue is with the work completed by Tony. Tony advised us that his “tile guy” had a conflict and would not be able to do the job so he would handled. We had no issue with this because we assumed ACA Remodeling Basement and Bathroom had tile as an expertise. In strongly voicing our complaints to Tony about lack of care in sealing work area, missed spots, work that needed to be redone- he threaten to walk off the job. Not sure if this was an empty threat but of course the comment happened after we had paid the majority of the contract and what was owed was minimal. You will need to make sure you are supervising EVERY DETAIL and make sure your contract spells everything out. We paid for a shower door change order—which was a mistake on our end without first seeing the door. We found the same door with install for $500.00 less than what we paid. We failed inspections for missing fire proofing, plumbing, etc., and where hit with a sprinkler expense that was not accounted. We had a sprinkler system in the basement however the design of the soffit and the room placement made the system inefficient. Tony was not present for the first inspection because a 3 hour window was provided by the township and he would “have to charge us for this time”. Still don’t understand how that’s possible, the point here is that we failed the inspection and because Tony was not there to hear it first hand from the inspector (I took the best notes I could) this created miscommunication between him and the township. Tony washed his hands clean from the job prior to final inspection. However, thankfully we did pass. But this definitely added to the stress. Save yourself the headache.

Description of Work
Basement and Bathroom

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

05/17/2014

Steve A.

We received the quote and decided that we wanted to change a few things. They had promised us a sketch during the quote process. When we hadn't received the sketch, I reached out to the company and the boss informed me that they don't do sketches. I want to know what I'm getting into and prefer to have the sketch. We may use them in the future.

Description of Work
Gave us a quote for remodeling our bathroom.

Category home remodeling

05/11/2013

Marianne B.

Three years ago we had ACA paint our entire house: trim,stucco,doors,and barn board siding. They did such a great job, we had them come back this year to paint our newly installed windows. Again, they did a great job. My husband is especially fussy about painting and he was thrilled with their work. I am an avid gardener and was pleased to see all of my plants protected from harm during the process. From start to finish, the project was well organized and completed in a professional manner. I will definitely call ACA for our next painting project.

Description of Work
My husband and I recently replaced the windows in our house. ACA painted the windows as well as the surrounding stucco. The job required careful, neat, organized skills.

Category replacement windows, stucco, house painters

03/18/2013

MEG W.

I am sure that I have never worked with a more professional company than Tony Farr and his team! They were so terrific, arriving on time to paint and lay carpet. I even received updates from Tony on the project. The finished project is gorgeous and we are very grateful to have found Tony. He went above and beyond, including installing two clothes rods that we thought we would have to do! For any future projects Tony won't be at the top of our list...he IS our list!

Description of Work
This project was to strip wallpaper, paint walls and ceiling, pull up old carpets and lay new ones.

07/14/2012

Frederick E.

I picked them out on Angie's List- they were rated well, and it said they did painters mostly but it also said stucco. I gave the homeowner the information and the guy came out and said they didn't need to rip down the walls. I'm not sure if my guy showed them the stucco remediation report. If he didn't then the ACA guy is really not responsible for anything. What happened was he sealed up the whole thing and now it's going to take The report said to pull the wall off in certain places to check for mold but they painted over the whole thing. It was a total disaster. They will probably have to be ripped apart. The guy said you're really not supposed seal off stucco, it's got to breath. Now they will have to rip it all apart, it was originally supposed to be $40,000 and now it will probably be double that. If ACA saw the report then they are liable, but if my seller's didn't show them then it's really not their fault. Everything I've ever heard is you're really not supposed to seal off stucco.

Description of Work
ACA Remodeling Inc did a job for a homeowner I was working with.

Category stucco, house painters

For a customer to have a good experience . They need to give the contractor all information about the project. If you have report from a inspector you need to share the report with the contractor. How can a professional perform the right service if they didn't have all the information. If you need a new wall you don't get a sealer put on the stucco. It sounds like the customer needed to get a new wall but only wanted to pay to seal the wall. We try to do the best job we can for all customers. Please checkout our website what other customers say about our work at Thank you !

05/18/2012

jonathan P.

Tony was extremely knowledgable and diligent and patient with my questions. His staff did a great job and Tony was here frequently to check on all aspects of the work. We have received so many compliments on our house. It looks wonderful. All went extremely well.

Description of Work
ACA painted the entire exterior of our stucco house.

04/18/2012

carrie B.

They did a good job for us and we would use them again in the future if need be.

Description of Work
They did some interior and exterior painting for us.

10/13/2011

Laurie N.

They were very professional and reliable. I think their pricing was incredibly reasonable, and I was happy with the quality of their work.

Description of Work
They did a variety of work including major painting, fixing a leak in our bathroom, and the fixing the ceiling that was damaged by said leak.

Category drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/19/2011

Kemei D.

Description of Work
We asked F&M Painting for estimate. But we decided to select another contractor.

09/29/2010

adrian D.

They did a nice job. They were very neat and prompt. The owner inspects the job before and after, to make sure it's exactly what you want. We had a little mark on our wood floor. He personally came by, sanded it, buffed it, and made it invisible.

Description of Work
They power washed and did two coats of stain. They painted our front door, back door, and two rooms.

11/27/2009

Michael B.

Three workers showed up every day (except when it rained), and did the job they were paid to do. Very friendly and kept me posted as to what they were doing. Finished everything in about a week and a half. Had to remind them to paint the back of the oil tank and some spots on the stucco, but didn't complain, just apologized and fixed the problem. Only problem I wish I would have known ahead of time, me not thinking, to take down all the screens from the windows so that after the power washing, there wouldn't be so much c*** behind the windows and cleaning the screens was tough.

Description of Work
Power wash house, Stucco repair (one side of house was unfinished, lots of cracks), concrete slab replaced on side of house, facia and soffit repaired where needed, Exterior painting for the wood, oil tank, and stucco with two coats of paint. Price included materials and labor.

Category pressure washing, woodworking, stucco, house painters

10/16/2007

Kenneth W.

I would hire them again!

Description of Work
They painted the whole interior of my home. They also did crown molding and replaced baseboard molding.

06/20/2007

M W.

It was a wonderful experience!! The men were neatly dressed, professional and very courteous. They used clean drop clothes, wiped everything down, it was just amazing to me how much pride they took in the completion of my job.

Description of Work
Painted the master bedroom including the walls, all woodwork, ceiling, doors and windows. Painted two additional bedrooms including one closet; ceiling, walls all woodwork. Painted the hallway, living room and dining room. Also painted pre hung panel doors and installed.

Castelli Professional Painting, LLC

We are a family owned painting business. We pride ourselves on repeat customers. Our work consists of, but not limited to interior/exterior painting Power washing Wallpaper removal We offer free estimates, call or text Fully licensed and insured

2022 Super Service Award

Old World Painting

Our name comes from the tradition of doing things in the style of the “old world” – where craftsmen put quality first and took the time to do their jobs right. Our antiquated philosophies are the backbone of our operation: - Respect you and your home by leaving it clean at the end of each day/project - Perform quality workmanship with integrity - Provide unmatched communication, so you know what to expect throughout the process We follow processes for all projects as required by project and product specification. Our “by the book approach” is the foundation of our brand. When you choose Old World Painting, you’re investing in quality work that lasts the life of the paint – or when you’re ready for a new look.

2022 Super Service Award

Greg Stahl Interiors

With over 27 years experience in interior and exterior painting, GSI offers painting services to families in Delaware and Chester Counties, the Main Line and portions of South Jersey. Big enough to get the job done in short order, and small enough to provide personalized service, our team is one of the best in the business! 2-3 employees. Cost determined by the job. No travel charge. No service fees.

Offers by Greg Stahl Interiors on Angi

office remodeling, granite counter top installation, kitchen & bathroom remodeling, interior reconfiguration, door & window installation, custom interior & exterior painting, color design consultation, staining & refinishing, wall-coverings removal & installation, faux finishes, stucco repair, carpentry services, windows & doors, decorative moldings, drywall repair, pressure washing