McVehil Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1909 • With Angi since September 2005

3.8

46 E Wheeling St

Washington, PA 15301

Additional Contact - Mark Pacilla. Additional Email - kelly@markpacilla.com, markpacilla@markpacilla.com....

05/11/2022

Betty R.

Excellent work, prompt, thorough

Description of Work
Leak in gas line

03/28/2022

Sara R.

Everything went fine. I've been using these guys for many years and they are ALWAYS clean, on time and very eager to explain to you what they did and what to expect. Heck, this time they even came a day early. The workers and the office staff are all very polite and eager to help in any way.

Description of Work
New faucets ordered and installed

03/02/2021

James Z.

great on time, called 20 min before coming. professional thorough, timely. explained adjustments, cleaned up, free checkup.

Description of Work
follow up on furnace maint.

12/15/2020

Sandra T.

It was done professionally, timely and safely during this COvID pandemic. Alex was prompt and very efficient. I’ve used McVehil as my service company for many years and I’m always pleased with their service!

Description of Work
Annual furnace inspection

09/16/2020

Melissa M.

Service was excellent and on time. The office was good with scheduling and the HVAC tech was great.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/19/2020

Matt H.

These guys are clowns. I spoke with the owner Mark several times who kept telling me he would be over to address a gas leak. Never showed and will not return my calls. Multiple calls, multiple promises, no results. If you want the job done right and on time, this isn't your company. (Plus... the owner's son blasted racist banter all over social media - great family)

Description of Work
Gas Line Installation

Category

11/13/2018

Wendy L.

Was unable to find the source of the masterbath leak. Cut two holes in masterbath walls. Claimed the roof was probably leaking. It was not. This photo is of the laundry room ceiling DIRECTLY below master bath. Even related a story about another customer that refused to pay. Know we know why. I left a message at the office and filled out a customer survey. Noone has called but did get an email requesting more details which I returned. But no one has called. Charged 239.95 for service call (59.95) and "look for source of water" (2 hours) 180.00 *was actually onsite from about 10:05 to 11:25, 12 minutes of which was spent writing up the bill.

Description of Work
Master bath leak

11/14/2017

Joni M.

Jeff came first and diagnosed the problem. He came just 10 minutes after I called their number. He diagnosed the problem and determined that he would have to order the part. He put a temporary fix on so that I could use the toilet over the week-end. Monday I received a call that they had gotten the parts and the price of the fix. Anthony showed up Tuesday right on time and finished fixing the toilet by installing the new replacement parts. He completed the job in a timely fashion, explained what he had done and why, and didn't make a mess. He was very polite and pleasant to talk to. I would not hesitate using the McVehil service again.

Description of Work
To replace the flush valve and flapper system

07/20/2017

Donald F.

They lie about the pricing, take advantage of people when they can. I ave taken them to the BBB myself.

Description of Work
I used McVehil Plumbing & Heating to check our AC.

07/18/2017

angela A.

We've been using them for a long time

Description of Work
They serviced the AC.

09/08/2016

Shawn G.

They do a yearly thing for me and periodically when I have emergencies. I've been satisfied with them.

Description of Work
They just serviced my heating.

02/06/2016

Dallas S.

The installation of the water heater was completed first with no issues. A job well done. The whole house filter and bathtub installations were delayed due to the whole house filter manufacturer sending the wrong unit and the tub was the wrong width. Once the correct whole house filter arrived the installation was completed without issue. They installed a bypass system with the unit that works great. The faucet, tub and tub surround replacement went well except the faucet developed a pin hole solder leak. We had to call and a emergency visit was arranged. They had to pull back the surround to get to the faucet. It was repaired in a matter of a couple hours after arrival. Re-installation of surround was done. The overall experience went well. The issues with size of the tub and the leak could have been avoided. McVehil did ensure that we were satisfied with the job completion.

Description of Work
We had a new power vent water heater replaced, we had a whole house filtration system and under kitchen sink reverse osmosis system installed, we had a new faucet, bathtub and tub surround installed.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

07/16/2015

Marianne K.

03/20/2015

William K.

Description of Work
Repaired a leak.

11/20/2014

Kathy M.

They were to come to give me an estimate for repairs on a Wednesday in a mobile home. After waiting all day I called them to find out why. I was told they could not get in touch with anyone. They called on Thursday around noon and said someone would be here this afternoon. After changing my schedule and waiting for them for 2 days they called at 3:30 and said they could not do the job. Not a very good company to deal with.

Description of Work
Nothing

12/09/2013

Janice O.

We responded to a newspaper ad for a furnace inspection for $79.95. We figured we would need a nozzle change; we had changed the filter in September. My husband watched the inspection; the technician did nothing beyond a basic inspection. He changed the filter and nozzle and charged 159.90! An additional $79.95 for a new filter (we buy them all the time ourselves, for a few dollars - and change them ourselves - no skill involved) and nozzle installation?!? Ridiculous!!! We will NEVER call this company again and will spread the word not to be tricked by their misleading ads.

Description of Work
Furnace inspectiion; changed filter and nozzle on oil furnace.

07/01/2010

Kimberly C.

It went as described - quite well.

Description of Work
We had a drain repaired (leaking) and a toilet fixed (clogging / flushing trouble). The plumber was efficient and pleasant. A $25 off coupon applied. We were satisfied and will call them again! Also, their scheduling a**'t. is very pleasant and helpful.

06/05/2008

SHARON S.

It was wonderful! They called before they came. They are all dressed nicely and they were on time. This has been a breath of fresh air. I am very happy with them.

Description of Work
They've replaced faucets. They have put in a new hot water tank. They fixed some toilets. They fixed some outdoor faucets that were not working.

12/10/2007

JEAN V.

It was a nightmare, and still is. The owner never called me or responded to my letter. They sued me, I counter-sued and it is still on-going. They are continuing to charge me late payment fees, and the bill is now up to over $800. In the past I purchased heat wraps at ACE hardware for $31.00 each that were 18 feet in length and cut them down to fit. I wish I had done that this time too.

Description of Work
I called them on a Monday to replace one heat wrap in my cellar crawl space due to a frozen pipe. They told me they would come on Tuesday, but called me late on Tuesday to tell me that the truck did not arrive with their order and would come Wednesday morning. By the time they arrived the pipe was unfrozen, but I let them replace both the hot and cold heat wraps since they were there already. Each pipe is about 11 feet in length. Within the hour he told me he was finished wrapping the pipes and needed about another 1/2 hour to finish and close the crawl space. He submitted a bill to me for $667.00, indicating that he was there for 5 hours and used 45 feet of heat wrap. I called his office to complain and the office manager told me that she could not help me, that I will pay the bill, or they will "see me in court". I asked to speak to the owner and was told "he will never call you back", and he has not. I wrote a letter and submitted payment of $400.00. asking for the owner.

09/14/2005

DOUGLAS W.

SERVICEMAN GOT LOST AND WE WERE CHARGED FOR IT BY THE HOUR.

Description of Work
CLEARED DRAIN THAT WAS BACKED UP IN GARAGE.

Category drain cleaning

Wade Heating & Cooling Inc

Wade Heating and Cooling, Inc is one of Pittsburgh Metro's leading residential and commercial HVAC contractors with the ability to handle all of your needs. We are a Carrier Dealer and are among one of the few to have received the Carrier Distinguished Dealer Award.

Mister Sewer Plumbing & HVAC

Mister Sewer Plumbing & HVAC does it all! We specialize in heating and cooling services, repairs, installs, replacements, repairs, along with being a full-service plumbing and sewer company! We own the latest tools to be able to accurately resolve your problem. We specialize in no dig sewer repair via pipe bursting or pipe lining or (CIPP) cured in place pipe. Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning Company

At Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning, our priority is you, the customer. We’re Allegheny County’s home comfort specialists since 1977. From heating and air conditioning installations to furnace repairs and duct cleaning, we’ve built our excellent reputation through decades of superb service and customer relations. We help you create and maintain a comfortable indoor climate and healthy indoor air. We can install entirely new heating and air conditioning systems, upgrade your current system to energy-efficient, money-saving new models, inspect older systems for safety risks, and repair any equipment necessary. In the event that your equipment needs servicing now, you have peace of mind knowing we’re only a phone call away. We provide 24/7 emergency service.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL & INDUSTRIAL HEATING & A/C, AIR DUCT CLEANING, PLUMBING DRAIN CLEANING, SEWER CLEANING, WATER HEATERS.