McVehil Plumbing & Heating

Founded 1909 • With Angi since September 2005

3.6

Additional Contact - Mark Pacilla. Additional Email - kelly@markpacilla.com, markpacilla@markpacilla.com....

STAAB & SONS INC

COVID-19; Still Open and able to safely service you. Emergency Service? Please call directly instead of requesting a quote for faster response times. Mention Angie's List when calling for priority pricing and service. Family owned and operated since 1929. Winner of the 2013, 2015 & 2016 Angie's List Super Service Award. Winners of the 2011 Better Business Torch Award for business ethics. We have been serving our customers in Allegheny and surrounding counties for many years. We have over four generations of experience and there is not a job or system that we cannot handle. Large or small our HVAC employees are factory authorized, NATE certified and EPA certified technicians. Our plumbing techs are D.O.T. certified with master and journeyman licenses. All of our employees are trained in their field of expertise along with Staab and Sons high level of business ethics along with the knowledge and expertise to get the job right the first time around is the cornerstone of the quality of service our customers have come to expect!

Offers by STAAB & SONS INC on Angi
Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning Company

At Phillips Heating & Air Conditioning, our priority is you, the customer. We’re Allegheny County’s home comfort specialists since 1977. From heating and air conditioning installations to furnace repairs and duct cleaning, we’ve built our excellent reputation through decades of superb service and customer relations. We help you create and maintain a comfortable indoor climate and healthy indoor air. We can install entirely new heating and air conditioning systems, upgrade your current system to energy-efficient, money-saving new models, inspect older systems for safety risks, and repair any equipment necessary. In the event that your equipment needs servicing now, you have peace of mind knowing we’re only a phone call away. We provide 24/7 emergency service.

Mister Sewer Plumbing & HVAC

Mister Sewer Plumbing & HVAC does it all! We specialize in heating and cooling services, repairs, installs, replacements, repairs, along with being a full-service plumbing and sewer company! We own the latest tools to be able to accurately resolve your problem. We specialize in no dig sewer repair via pipe bursting or pipe lining or (CIPP) cured in place pipe. Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

03/02/2021

great on time, called 20 min before coming. professional thorough, timely. explained adjustments, cleaned up, free checkup.

Description of Work
follow up on furnace maint.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/15/2020

It was done professionally, timely and safely during this COvID pandemic. Alex was prompt and very efficient. I’ve used McVehil as my service company for many years and I’m always pleased with their service!

Description of Work
Annual furnace inspection

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

09/16/2020

Service was excellent and on time. The office was good with scheduling and the HVAC tech was great.

Description of Work
Furnace repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,air duct cleaning

08/19/2020

These guys are clowns. I spoke with the owner Mark several times who kept telling me he would be over to address a gas leak. Never showed and will not return my calls. Multiple calls, multiple promises, no results. If you want the job done right and on time, this isn't your company. (Plus... the owner's son blasted racist banter all over social media - great family)

Description of Work
Gas Line Installation

Category

11/13/2018

Was unable to find the source of the masterbath leak. Cut two holes in masterbath walls. Claimed the roof was probably leaking. It was not. This photo is of the laundry room ceiling DIRECTLY below master bath. Even related a story about another customer that refused to pay. Know we know why. I left a message at the office and filled out a customer survey. Noone has called but did get an email requ...

Description of Work
Master bath leak

Category plumbing

12/31/2017

Had them do some plumbing work that required a small bit of pipe and some labor. Job was done, but I was billed $2800. The old owner is reimbursing me for the repairs, but they wanted a detailed statement of work completed. My bill literally has $100 for miscellaneous supplies and 27 hours of labor. We called 4 times and asked Mark for a more detailed statement. EVery time we cal or stop he's not there and we never get a callback. Just before Christmas my furnace quit working. I didn't know who to call, so I gave McVehil another call. The cost was $190 for after hours diagnostics. Their tech (Josh) stated that it had to be the pressure switch since my furnace is notorious for that issue. He said he could probably get it running until they were able to get a part on Monday. Since it was Saturday and I have a 5-month-old and 2-year old I couldn't risk them getting cold, so I had him come out. He looked at the furnace for about 30-40 minutes and said the controller board was bad. He gave me a quote of $395. I checked the internet and this board was $80 online and takes 10 minutes to change. I am experienced in electronics and IT with over 20 years of experience. It's no different than changing any other board out. I ordered the board and it came Wednesday. CHanged it and nothing was fixed. I called and spoke with Mark and he said they are the professionals and they need to do the work. He said that sometimes you have to fix one problem to find the next. My BS meter was off of the charts, so I called another HVAC tech who runs a professional and honest business. He came in 5 minutes and found the problem. He was done in an hour and we had a furnace. I reinstalled the original board and to no surprise, the furnace STILL WORKS! I emailed and asked for my $190 back since their tech is either an idiot or a con artist. They never responded. These are the only 2 conclusions to draw. The part that was bad was SUPPOSED to be tested and is as simple as touching a voltmeter to it. AVOID THEM!!!!

Description of Work
Plumbing in the summer, emergency HVAC when our furnace stopped working a few weeks ago

11/14/2017

Jeff came first and diagnosed the problem. He came just 10 minutes after I called their number. He diagnosed the problem and determined that he would have to order the part. He put a temporary fix on so that I could use the toilet over the week-end. Monday I received a call that they had gotten the parts and the price of the fix. Anthony showed up Tuesday right on time and finished fixing the toilet by installing the new replacement parts. He completed the job in a timely fashion, explained what he had done and why, and didn't make a mess. He was very polite and pleasant to talk to. I would not hesitate using the McVehil service again.

Description of Work
To replace the flush valve and flapper system

Category plumber

07/20/2017

They lie about the pricing, take advantage of people when they can. I ave taken them to the BBB myself.

Description of Work
I used McVehil Plumbing & Heating to check our AC.

07/18/2017

We've been using them for a long time

Description of Work
They serviced the AC.

09/08/2016

They do a yearly thing for me and periodically when I have emergencies. I've been satisfied with them.

Description of Work
They just serviced my heating.

Category heating & cooling contractor

COMMERCIAL, RESIDENTIAL & INDUSTRIAL HEATING & A/C, AIR DUCT CLEANING, PLUMBING DRAIN CLEANING, SEWER CLEANING, WATER HEATERS.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available