Junk King Pittsburgh

Founded 2005 • With Angi since December 2012

119 Ritter Rd

Sewickley, PA 15143

Junk King of Pittsburgh is a full service residential & commercial clean out service. We take pride in recycling over 60% of all items collected & continue to work hard to increase that number. We truly are Pittsburgh’s greenest junk removal company....

12/16/2020

carrie M.

they were reasonably price, came when they said they would and took them away. Very nice!

Description of Work
2 tvs hauled away

Category garbage collection

11/11/2020

Sherry K.

The guys were actually a bit early, which was fine, and very professional. They wore booties in the house and quickly carried out everything. I called Junk King because I had used them a few years ago and was completely satisfied with the service. I would absolutely recommend JK . And I have no doubt I will be calling them again...to remove things I was once sure I needed but realize now that it’s all just “junk.”

Description of Work
furniture, ac and small items removed

01/06/2020

David S.

Our experience with Junk King was outstanding – starting with their website features for estimating the cost of the project and scheduling the services, to the actual performance of the services. When our day arrived, we received a “heads up” phone call, and the crew arrived on time. The crew (brothers – John and Jake) were friendly, professional, and most importantly very careful and clean when on our property. The first step was to confirm the cost of the project, which matched exactly the website estimate. Once we okayed the cost, John and Jake efficiently performed the haul-away services. We are 100% satisfied (fair value for cost of services), and without hesitation recommend Junk King. Haul-away Services performed: 1. Furniture (Sofa, Loveseat, Futon frame, Console Stereo) 2. Electronics (Projection TV, Lap Top Computers, DVD Players, Boom Boxes, cables, etc.) 3. Sewing machine and stool 4. Pre-cast concrete decorative scallops (12” x 4” x 2”) – approx. 100 5. Paint cans (dry) – approx. 15 6. Miscellaneous household items

Description of Work
Miscellaneous haul-away services.

05/07/2018

Christi N.

They came in and took everything. They were there when they said they would be, quick and clean.

Description of Work
Removal of Debris

01/30/2018

Trudi M.

Curt and Mike arrived on time, quickly gave us what we considered a very fair estimate, and then were able to immediately start removing our items to be hauled away. They were quick, professional, and friendly. We'd definitely hire again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Hauling away furniture and other miscellaneous items

12/30/2017

Michael R.

They were great. Three friendly guys showed up on a snowy Saturday morning and were pleasant and very efficient. They removed an extremely heavy brine tank from our basement, which was no easy task. All told, they were in and out in less than 30 minutes!

Description of Work
Removed a water softener

09/06/2017

Stephen G.

Their was a bit of confusion of the scheduled time, but the company worked through that promptly and were there when they were supposed to be. They worked hard and continuously to load an entire truck with various and sundry household items and other junk.

Description of Work
This was a clean out for a move.

06/20/2017

Terry H.

I purchased a discounted service, $178 worth of service for $160. HOWEVER, I thought that was the price for a truckload, but that only paid for about an 1/8 of the truck. I ended up paying an extra $248 for the amount I had them take away. They need to be much more clear about what that price pays for. I probably wouldn't have purchased it if I had known their overall truckload price. Also, when I requested 3 dates/times when I purchased the discount, Junk King never got in touch with me to set up a time. I had to contact them again to set up the pick up.

Description of Work
Yard debris

05/31/2017

Emily T.

Junk King was very professional and prompt to return calls. They showed up on time and completed the hot tub removal in just a few hours. After cutting out the hot tub they cleaned up the entire area. I was very happy and will defintely hire them again!

Description of Work
Hot tub removal

04/03/2017

John O.

Curt and TJ arrived on time and filled a truck full of the materials. I had some of the items in piles, and the rest they loaded from where it was found. Most of the materials were pretty heavy, and the access was not good from the woods to their truck (up a hill). They were very professional, hard working and responsive during the entire process. In fact, they still had a lot more to remove and came back the following weekend to remove the rest (Curt and Adam)- all covered under the original quote. I was extremely pleased with the owner (Ed) and his team. It was a very difficult job and now I have a woods that are clear of debris. I cannot recommend Junk King Pittsburgh highly enough for any type of hauling or disposal job. Class Act!

Description of Work
I built a new house 2 years ago and wanted to clean up the woods behind my house which had been used as a dumping ground for many years prior. I received 4 estimates and chose Junk King based on price and professionalism of the staff. The job included the removal of 25 tires, a car axle, hundreds of bricks/concrete slabs/tiles, bottles, construction materials, fencing, car parts, pvc pipes and random garbage. I also needed a Saturday appointment due to work.

Category garbage collection, hauling services

03/30/2017

Robert R.

Price quoted was excessive. He gave out $50 discount certificate at Pittsburgh Home Show (discount per full truck, was told we would need 6 to 8 trucks). I asked person who gave quote about discount, he said he would have to talk to the owner. I also sent owner an email. No response at all. I felt cheated (not a good feeling)

Description of Work
cleaning out family member's house, three floors of junk

03/24/2017

Justin T.

Their crew showed up right on time. They were quick and professional, and 15 minutes later they had my mess secured and ready to haul away. Couldn't have asked for an easier appointment.

Description of Work
I needed a couple dozen old doors from a remodel removed.

02/14/2017

Sean W.

Junk King was very professional and gave a good estimate and everything, but another company was a little bit better, so I used the other company. It was a free estimate. The other one was a little better in price. I would recommend Junk King to anyone. It wasn?t bad or anything. The estimate is what I needed, it was perfect. The other company had a better estimate, I just liked the other company a little better. The other company sent someone for the estimate, Junk King sent someone else. Was more impressed by that.

Description of Work
An estimate for cleaning out my father’s home, he had passed away and it was full of junk. It was basically moving everything out.

02/07/2017

PAT A.

They showed up on time and did a great job. they cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
hauled away garbage

12/22/2016

Charles K.

Ultimately when he finally caught up with me he was telling me that he didn't contact because it was some technical issue going with the website so he was having trouble planning and engaging and knowing that was job out there that I kind of find that hard to believe but that's fine, once I did get a phone number and kind of say like hey I paid for this where are you. Once he did follow through the service is great, they showed up on time they were thorough and efficient the execution was great but getting them on site they are very easy to work with in terms of any haulage's were occur because it was contracting materials which sometimes is hard to estimate. Once engaged he was good, they showed up, they wee efficient, they were thorough, they were clean, the owner himself was very involved in terms of being engaged he called me, he followed up, he was communicative once he was engaged. A little bit better feed back and scheduling sooner so as soon as I purchased the deal I would like to have know that they have received it and that even if it is three weeks out to schedule appropriately.

Description of Work
I used Junk King - Pittsburgh for hauling service. In the back of the garage there were some, I had some construction debris from a renovation of a kitchen so I had like flooring materials and couple of broken down cabinets and a old water heater and a old stove so they hauled away that and some light debris like plaster and and some cardboard boxes and things like that.

11/17/2016

Chunks M.

Was able to schedule service for next day. Was given a repeat customer discount. Two gentleman arrived on time, quickly loaded everything and cleaned up after themselves. Excellent service for very little more than renting a dumpster and doing it myself.

Description of Work
Needed haul away after home demo work. Also included some old appliances.

Category hauling services, dumpster service

11/14/2016

Mildred M.

Came the same day I called. Gave an estimate over the phone. Polite and professional.

Description of Work
removal of furniture

11/10/2016

Paula M.

Real nice job, real good. No hidden charges, exactly what they explained it would be. Polite workers.

Description of Work
Haul away TV's, carpets, paint.

09/09/2016

Kenneth Y.

It went good, the crew was friendly and gave me a fair estimate before they started.

Description of Work
A bunch of random junk items removed from backyard

08/29/2016

Iris R.

I just thought it was kind of expensive because I have paid once and then the guys came to the door and I had to pay them again. I thought that was a little bit out of question. They said I had to pay them because it was bigger than they thought. I don't know what they were talking about, but I paid them. They said they didn't know that it was going to be so big. How big can it get? I just filled the thing up. I didn't say anything about it. They took my grandson's ladder and never gave it back. It was really a mix up. They kept saying about the ladder, and I said if it's up there by the junk pile, I guess it's to go. It wasn't supposed to go but they didn't bring it back either. They were supposed to be here at one time but they were late.

Description of Work
They picked some roofing things because my grandson put a new roof on.

08/12/2016

William G.

Not well. I called in response to their ad in the latest Angies List magazine offering "$25.00 any job and $50.00 off any full truck job...." Apparently the ad should have read "$25.00 off...." I thought the $25 was a bit low but his quote came in well over what we have paid to other companies in the past for similar work. Error was in advertisement - should have been written more accurately.

Description of Work
Remove cement pavers

07/28/2016

carol D.

Great. They were on time even early. Called to alert us and did all the work required.

Description of Work
Haul large items

04/23/2016

David L.

Brent and Andrew came right on time, and loaded up everything I put out for them. They even took some extra lumber they noticed was lying beside the house. They were very friendly and very professional and I thought they did a terrific job. I paid $170 in addition to a $99 coupon I purchased previously on Angie's List, so essentially I paid $269 for the whole job. The Angie's List coupon was kinda ambiguous, because all it did was get me $99 off of the total price the hauler gave me. So I don't know if the Angie's List coupon was really worth anything more than the face value of the $99 I paid for it. This was really ambiguous as the coupon didn't say anything like $99 towards $150 worth of junk hauling, it just said $99. For this reason, I would probably not purchase an Angie's List coupon from them again, as I don't really know if it got me anything. I only gave the business a low rating on the price, because it was difficult to see if the Angie's List coupon actually got me anything more than paying full price for the service in the end. In any case, the customer service was great, and it really helped me get rid of a bunch of old stuff, so I would probably use them again if a coupon was offered and was more clear. (Although I think many Angie's List deals can be misleading or ambiguous, so I would suggest you read them carefully before purchasing.) P.S. - Junk Haulers should consider offering additional discounts to customers who put everything outside for them in advance, as it makes their job considerably easier and quicker.

Description of Work
They took everything I put out in the driveway for them. Mattress/Box Spring, old lumber & paneling, old closet doors, and miscellaneous other junk from the garage.

04/18/2016

Guenther H.

The guys contact me promptly and arrived not just on time, but a little early, after checking with me to see if I will be home. The guys Ryan (the boss) and his helper (don't remember his name) did an excellent job! They even raked up the yard to pick up all the small, tiny branches. Very nice, polite young men.

Description of Work
Cleaned up all the bushes/branches/yard debris we had from cleaning up the yard.

03/10/2016

eileen R.

Here is the written estimate. Billing Amount:$238.00 Discounts:$38.00 Total:$200.00. This estimate I got e-mailed to me after in my house they quoted 225.,both estimates high for hauling away my couch ,tv and microwave. They did say they would match any written estimate, but WHY WOULD I GIVE BUSINESS to a company who over charges customers. Got the same job done for 140.

Description of Work
give high estimate

Category hauling services

Hi [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you feel you had a bad experience with Junk King of Pittsburgh. Our quote was accurate and the $25 surcharge was for the TV disposal which has become quite costly. We do our best to run a fair honest business. Our pricing is based on covering our cost of doing business, rent, fuel, insurance ,payroll and a myriad of other fixed and variable costs. We will match or beat any written estimate in an effort to earn a customers business. We were not contacted regarding your 2nd estimate or we certainly would have matched it. Our reputation is quite good and I am sorry to have your black mark on it. If I can help you in any way, please feel free to reach out to me. Sincerely, Ed Stripay Junk King of Pittsburgh 412-953-7642

The Junkluggers of Pittsburgh

The Junkluggers of Pittsburgh is an eco-friendly company providing appliance, furniture, and e-waste removal services and more to residential and business owners of the Pittsburgh area. Our junk removal experts can quickly and effectively remove junk from your property, causing no stress and leaving no mess. Plus, your junk won't sit in a landfill. We're different from other junk haulers because we'll make every attempt to donate, repurpose, or recycle your unwanted items.

Jelly's Garage Doors & Dumpsters

We are a Garage Door company that does installs and repairs, free estimates, senior discounts. We aim for 100% satisfaction that is our goal. Give us a call 412-653-DOOR (3667) We are fully insured and our PA license # is PA021693. Award winning.

Bin There Dump That, Tri-State

Our approach is focused on keeping customers happy by providing well-maintained & attractive, smallest available foot-print Bins, in a wide range of sizes from 4 to 20 yards, and with the type of friendly and knowledgeable customer service that actually helps you select the right sized dumpster for your project - Imagine that! All Bins have double-entry doors for easier and more efficient loading of debris/junk, and are delivered by smaller, single-axle trucks for the best in accessibility through Pittsburgh's narrow streets, providing the most gentle Bin placement via hydraulic hook-lift equipment. All Bins are placed on supports to avoid driveway damage. Our friendly, professional, uniformed drivers arrive when scheduled, and are very skilled at pin-point Bin positioning to suit your requirements - which is the reason, we regularly showcase our latest Bin placements that makes us unique! Plus, our Drivers even sweep-up after the Bin is removed! Guaranteed 24 hour delivery. We service ALL of Greater Pittsburgh, Northeast Ohio (Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown) and the northern Panhandle of West Virginia and adjoining Ohio River Valley. Please give us a call to experience the best in the "Bins-ness"!

Removal - Furniture, Yard Waste, Trash, & Construction Waste. Disposal & Recycling - Refrigerator & Television. Disposal - E-Waste, Mattress, & Hot Tub. Appliance Removal. Foreclosure Clean – Outs.

Hazardous Materials.