Hendrickson Underdeck Ceilings

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2008

328 Lang Road

Sewickley, PA 15143

We install Under Deck Ceilings underneath elevated decks to make a nice dry, bright living space . We can add lights and fans during the installation. This area can also be used for storage....

05/08/2020

Todd K.

Dusty and his crew did an amazing job with our deck, replacing an old (and lesser quality) plastic ceiling with his more durable and beautiful aluminum system. Dusty was incredibly responsive, giving us detailed quotes in person and via email. Once his crew was able to reopen for work (he was temporarily closed during the COVID-19 closures), they immediately came out and completed our large deck project in a single day! The attention to detail that Dusty and his crew are capable of is impressive - they were able to make the patio under deck even more usable by expanding the coverage of the ceiling, moving the drainage and downspouts to a better location, and installing a soffit to the outer portion of the deck that not only looks great but also keeps birds and other critters from getting in. Overall, we couldn't be happier. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Under Deck Ceiling System

06/11/2018

Tracy J.

It went great. Dustin was responsive and friendly. Quote was much less than our deck builder would have charged. We had this done last summer and we have had no issues with it as far as leaking etc. The job took 1 day and he was able to come sooner than originally estimated. He even fixed a downspout that our deck builder had left unattached. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Under Deck Ceiling

09/11/2017

BARBARA S.

From the day Dusty and his associate, Tim, came to install the underdeck ceiling, they worked tirelessly. The ceiling was installed in a day, and the work was done to perfection. We chose the clay-colored ceiling which matched our home exterior very well and is light-colored enough to make the area bright. We decided to also add a light for illumination in the evening. We now have a beautiful area that's nice and dry where we can enjoy the outside during a rain shower. Dusty and Tim did a wonderful job for us and other than the new ceiling, you would never know they were here based on the great cleanup job they did. We would recommend them highly to anyone plagued with leaking under their deck area.

Description of Work
We had a new deck installed last year that replaced a small porch and steps. The job was perfect except for the dripping after a rain storm that came through the slats on the deck floor. This made the patio messy and algae was beginning to grow there. After seeing an ad on Angie's List for an underdeck ceiling, we had Dusty Hendrickson from Hendrickson Contracting visit us with an evaluation of what he could do to eliminate the problem.

03/27/2017

Brian S.

I have been wanting to do this for a couple of years. There is a mother-in-law apartment in the basement of our home and with the new ceiling under the deck, it is like having a covered patio.

Description of Work
Dusty build an under-deck ceiling.

06/02/2016

Ronald D.

11/18/2015

Gary S.

Description of Work
Installed under-deck ceiling

11/18/2015

Berchman G.

Description of Work
I purchased the Groupon to have a consultation on providing an under-deck waterproofing solution. The price was a little more than I wanted to spend although I do not have a point comparison to say the price was more or less than the competition. The gentleman was professional and thorough in telling me the services and cost associated with the product. I decided not to proceed with the project at this time, but I would use their service if the cost was not an issue.

08/25/2015

Kimberly L.

We've worked with several contractors recently. The experience with Hendrickson Underdeck Ceilings was absolutely the best. Communication was excellent. We were told when he would be available, and that is exactly when he came to work on the deck. It is a beautiful addition, giving us almost another room outside. We could not be happier. The quote we received was the best quote out of all the people who gave us estimates, by far, and the work is excellent.

Description of Work
Installed underdeck system and fan

08/16/2015

Susan K.

From the first phone call until the job was finished Dusty, the owner, did a fantastic and professional job. The under deck ceiling is wonderful. His price was affordable and I highly recommend him!

Description of Work
under decking ceiling.

06/23/2015

David R.

04/30/2015

Trina W.

Description of Work
Installed under deck ceiling, including gutter to direct water and keep lower patio dry. Dusty was great at answering our questions and explaining the process. The ceiling looks amazing!

03/06/2015

Samuel H.

10/28/2014

Domenic F.

Description of Work
Put underdecking below my deck that gave my patio a perfect finished look. Very excited about the work he did and how quickly he did it. |I would recommend Hendrickson construction for this type of project. | |

10/15/2014

gregory D.

10/07/2014

Ronald D.

Description of Work
Dusty was exceptional in every way. Helpful in deciding on best approach; attention to detail, sticking to all commitments, and beautiful work. Highest recommendation.

05/20/2013

Jeffrey M.

Dustin and a crewman were punctual, polite and friendly. Their work is top notch. We now have a three season room under our deck that is completely bone dry. Because of some existing limitations with our deck and door height, Dustin had to customize some of the product to make it work. He didn't jam us on price for the customization and the project turned out beautifully. Great contractors and artists as well! We will use them again and we HIGHLY recommend them and the underdeck ceiling system. And they were only at the house for a TOTAL of two days and everything was spotless when the finished. AAA+.

Description of Work
Dustin designed and installed an underdeck ceiling and water containment system. They had to customize it a bit to work with our deck, and along with the fascia, it is a most impressive job.

08/23/2012

Matt H.

It was great. Dusty came out and bid the job. He was fair and very honest about everything. His pricing was the best out there, as I got three quotes. Also, his product was great (aluminum and will never rust). I also liked that he was the one that came out and performed the services. The workmanship and quality is great. We couldn't be happier with our new space.

Description of Work
Dusty installed an aluminum underdeck ceiling and an light/fan ceiling connection. This provided a nice dry patio space for under my deck!

09/29/2011

Daryl P.

His estimate was much higher than other companies. He also mentioned that if it was his home, he would stain over top of the paint. Another contractor said that this was not correct, that you can only paint over stain, not vice versa. Otherwise he was very efficient and prompt.

Description of Work
He came out to give me an estimate on pressure washing, repainting and restaining my deck. His estimate was $2300.00.

Category decks,deck cleaning

I have been refinishing decks for over 10 years and I have never had a complaint about a Solid stain job. The only times it does not hold up the way that it should is when the homeowner does not want to pay to have it preped properly and 2 coats applied properly. This contractor was correct you do not want to put a regular stain down over paint, but with our solid stain you can and I have had great success with it. The reason I did not want this customer to continue to paint down on her railing was that I have found through my experience that the wood will rot in time. Paint does not do a good job of protecting pressure treated wood from the elements. It would have been cheaper for me to put down 1 coat of paint but I try to do every job like it's my own deck. A typical deck refinish for me is between $700 and $800. Most normal sized decks I can clean in a half of a day and then 1 whole day for staining (for a 1 coat product, or the second time I come out to do a solid stain job). The first time I do a solid stain job it costs more for twice the product and twice the labor but my customers are always happy with how it holds up and the fact that the deck is acutally being protected. This deck that I quoted for $2,300 was very large. I was going to do two coats and it was a two tone deck. (2 different colors) which is much more time consuming. This price also included two coats of solid stain on the front railing and trim work around the front railing. This priced the job to take me 5 to 6 days. Thank You, Dusty Hendrickson

08/26/2011

Alexander H.

Dusty performed the service while we were at work and to his specification. The results were what we were hoping for and we are pleased the deck looks so much better.

Description of Work
Stained deck as per quote. Deck wash was quoted but to save time this was performed by us and Deusty reduced his fee for this part of the process.

06/02/2011

PATRICIA B.

I got bids from three contractors for this project last fall so I could be assured an early place on their project list. I chose Dusty. He would have been happy to do my deck first this spring, but there was no dry period to do so. So it took awhile to get it done, but that was entirely weather-based.

Description of Work
Dusty power washed and stained my deck and its long stairwell, arbor, gate, and stairs to a side entrance of the house. In the process, he removed a top row of 1x1s from the arbor that were shading plants too much. I have a small, intensively planted garden, so protection of the plants was a priority. Dusty was extremely careful and worked together with me on wetting and covering them, and all my plantings came through intact. I could see a big difference in his prep work from previous deck jobs I have had done. The wood surface looked raw and "fuzzy," a characteristic recommended by everything I could find on the subject. His staining skills are outstanding; I don't think he spilled a drop of stain. I contracted with Dusty for this job last fall so I could be first on his list this spring. Well, the weather had other ideas about that schedule. It was two months before it was possible to string together four sunny days (one to power wash, one to dry, one to stain, and one to dry again) for the job. Throughout this time we kept in email and cell phone contact. He was great to work with. The weather pushed us to a schedule I'm sure he wouldn't have chosen. The day he stained was Memorial Day, and he worked a ten-hour day. My only problem is that I would choose a different color if I had it to do over again. Something for Dusty to worry about next time!

09/27/2010

Marybeth M.

We were very pleased with Dusty's work from start to finish. He was able to come by to do an estimate by the next day after contacting him. He gave me a verbal quote and then followed up with a written estimate via email. We were fortunate that he had immediate availability. We have already recommended him to another neighbor and friend.

Description of Work
Cleaning and re-staining of the deck and pergola.

09/02/2010

keith L.

Dusty was responsive and worked by himself ( thus keeping the cost low). It took him 2 days and he did a thorough job. he was the least expensive of 5 bids. In order to confirm the quality of his work, I visited his web site which showed examples. He specializes in under deck work, but what I had done was similar. He protected my plants around the deck and cleaned up after himself each day. I would highly recommend him to you.

Description of Work
I had my deck, a children's wooden swing set and backyard adult swing cleaned and stained.

09/18/2009

Michael L.

Dusty returned my phone call promptly. Initially I asked if he could come by on his own and leave me the quote. He said he prefers to look at the job together to ensure everything gets reviewed in detail and arranged a time convenient for me (an evening that week). He showed up on time, looking professional and speaking knowledgeably about the service. He walked me through the various types of stains and wrote up a quote on the spot. I decided to go ahead and made an appoinment for the work. He showed up on time, completed the work in the timeframe he said, and kept the area clean and neat. The work was top notch and the deck turned out great. My deck has a different stain color for the railing which involved a lot of "cutting in" and detail work. He took the time necessary to do the work properly and was never in a rush. I would highly recommend this company. A+

Description of Work
Power washing of deck and brick porch. Staining deck, stairs, and trim.

08/19/2009

Mary C.

It went very well overall. I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
He came out and cleaned and did some small repairs. He then stained the deck, including some of the furniture that was on it.

09/11/2008

ADAM R.

Dustin came out to look at our deck, showed us various options, then sent an estimate promptly. Once we decided on him, the work was completed quickly and very professionally, and the area was completely cleaned up. During the process he accidentally damaged a sliding screen door, but he immediately told us about it and replaced the screen.

Description of Work
Installed Under Deck ceiling system underneath our deck which is over our patio (to keep rain and water off patio when there is inclement weather).

Knoechel Heating Co

Family owned since 1947. Our recent accolades include: Four time winner of the Cranberry Eagle Community Choice Gold Award for best heating contractor as selected by the readers. Penn Power Top performer 2010, 2011 & 2012 for installation of high efficiency air conditioners & heat pumps. Dave Lennon signature award winner 2010. Ranked within the top 1% of Lennox dealers nationwide, demonstrating outstanding accomplishments in customer service and sales leadership!

Sprowls Mechanical

Heating and A/c services. Installs and service repairs. 15 years of experience.

Calfo Mechanical Contractors

12 Years in Business as Pittsburgh’s HVAC Contractor We started this company over a decade ago to meet the comfort needs of our friends, family, and neighbors here in the Steel City. And we have stayed in business because we have maintained a commitment to honest, fair prices, and the best in technical knowledge. If you live in the Pittsburgh area and are looking for a plumber near you or an HVAC contractor near you, you’re in the right place. Red Carpet Treatment During every visit to a home, we lay out an actual red carpet to prevent any additional mess. But what may be even more important than just protecting your home is making sure you feel like you’ve received the best in customer service. We are here to help you accomplish your home heating and cooling goals, not ours! In order to help you reach those home heating and cooling goals, we need to have the best equipment available on the market today. This is why we trust Lennox high performance HVAC systems. Lennox is a single source for efficient, reliable HVAC solutions, so you can trust your new equipment will keep your home at the perfect temperature without wasting energy.

We install Under Deck Ceilings year round.

We are no longer able to continue doing basements, deck cleaning/staining or deck resurfacing. We do not build decks.