Pioneer Pole Buildings Inc

Founded 1998 • With Angi since November 2012

4.4

716 S Rte 183

Schuylkill Haven, PA 17972

Pioneer Pole Buildings is the premier builder of post frame buildings in PA, NJ, DE, MD, WV, VA, and NY. Pioneer was founded in 1998, and has since built our business and quality reputation on providing customers with top quality buildings at very competitive prices.

10/02/2017

Pam H.

Worst company I have ever dealt with. Sign in April and construction started in September. Nothing was what agreed on. They put the garage door on the back, not where the driveway was. Every comment was..check the contract. Oh and you can never change the contract or add additional. I told them I wanted gutters. They said I'm. Or getting hem for free! I never asked..they refused to put any one because it was not in contract. So I paid someone else. Everything kept getting delayed and was told in April would be 6 weeks. 6 months later after complaining and complaining, I get a crappy building. Concrete uneven and leftovers laying all over drive way. They put 2 boards to keep stone in around. 1200 sq ft building and didn't finish the rest. Wrong garage door and it doesn't close. Screws missing. QA guy said I was unreachable to go over it with him because I was 10' away in building they were adding on too. Filing complaints and potentional lawsuit

Description of Work
1200 sq ft Addition

06/13/2017

paul P.

Once the quote was set, the process was flawless. Lead times were as expected. The construction was painless and extremely fast. 1.5 days and it was complete. Will use PPB again!

Description of Work
Delivered and constructed a 32 x 56 x 14 pole barn for residential and light commercial use.

03/28/2017

Theresa S.

The customer service rep Heather made this deal happen. Her knowledge base and personal service was as good as it gets. Signed the contract in Oct 2015 and construction date was Jan 20 2015; a bit of a wait but a great job. and done in 2 work days. After 2 years there's not a speck of rust or leak anywhere. The construction crew came from a distance but did a perfect job and worked hard, efficiently and as a team All the metal and screws and trim work was superbly done. We had outside contractors eventually do the aprons to the inside and guttering and electrical and it's a great building. The pic shown is just what they left and it was totally workable. Minor snag was not seeing the ceiling height detail in the contract so if that's a critical point for you, look closely at the prints and paperwork. Pioneer's website is fabulous. The library of building styles and colors will show you just what they can do and what you can have; spend some time at that site.

Description of Work
Steel pole building garage

02/14/2017

William S.

done in 1 1/2 days

Description of Work
40 x52 pole bldg

01/10/2017

CHRIS A.

Excellent - Very professional, comprehensive up-front communication so that you know what to expect, high quality product, good referrals for supportive services (e.g., concrete flooring), very friendly and helpful.

Description of Work
Pole barn/shed at my residence

10/06/2016

Alan S.

The building itself is great, good quality. In preparation for construction we had to make the site level. We had a contractor come in and build up the site to make it level. Our contractor created a compacted level site using a modified stone mix as recommended by Pioneer. Pioneer's contract includes a statement that the customer is responsible for cleaning up the site after the building is complete. When they came in to drill the holes for the poles their machine totally destroyed the surface that we had prepared. I didn't expect it to be beautiful, and I thought I could rake it out when they were done. I planned to have our garage floor be the modified stone mix that we had installed. When they were done it was impossible to rake, and needed a bobcat to come in and regrade the whole floor. While they showed me a video before construction, the impression I got from the video was very different than what we actually ended up with. I complained to Pioneer and sent them pictures. They told me that was the way the floors always end up unless you make a concrete floor. They were quite unresponsive knowing they had a very unhappy customer. Then they installed the garage doors. It turns out the garage doors close down 3-1/2" lower than the walk in door. If a building has a floor one would think that all of the doors should be at the same level at the bottom floor level. I reported this to them also. They said their quality control person would look at it. I have not heard any response from Pioneer. Their poor responsiveness and apparent lack of caring makes it certain that I will never use them again.

Description of Work
Built us a 20' x 30' garage with a lean to added on one side

08/30/2016

G W N.

TULPEHOCKEN AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT WASTEWATER TREATMENT RENOVATION PROJECT

Description of Work
WAS SPECIFIED IN BID PACKET BUT DIDN'T HAVE BUILDING DESIGN OR COST OF MATERIAL WORKED UP. DON'T RETURN PHONE CALLS ON INQUIRES, HAVE CALLED EVERY DAY FOR QUOTE ON PROJECT THAT THEY ARE SPECIFIED AS MANUFACTURE. SALES MANAGER HEATHER EVENS IS NEVER IN OR CALLS BACK.

09/10/2015

Andrew K.

Pioneer Pole Buildings have been providing quotes for a 24 x 36 x 12 Pole Barn with accessories for roughly 2 years now. My Building Highlights: 24 Deep x 36 Wide x 12 foot Ceilings Poles 8 foot on Center (2) 12 wide by 10 high garage INSULATED Doors with Tracks (1) 36" Steel INSULATED man door Trusses set on 2 foot centers with 4/12 standard pitch Hurricane Ties (Required by township) 40 Year Warranty on Metal Siding and Metal Roof Skirt Barrier tape around the outside and bottom skirt board Painted snow guards to match color of roof 36 foot Cobra Ridge Vent on roof 1 foot overhang on gable and eaves end Roof has double bubble vapor barrier Gutters and Downspouts My Experience with PPB has be EXCELLENT!!!!! Kevin the Project Manager, and especially Heather Evans in Sales are the BEST IN THE BUSINESS!! These two alone are very prompt with returning phone calls and emails, and answering ANY and I mean ANY questions you may have regarding your building, building materials, site, and even they went as far as calling my township and getting all the requirements for me ahead of time. In My case, My building was not approved the first time around. When I got that phone call the first thing that came to my mind was "oh man.. Now i have to shell out 500$ to get the engineered plans redone and submitted.." Well I was WRONG. I called Kevin, and we talked about the situation for 5 minutes.. Since these people and this company are truly genuine, honest and not out there to just take your money, they WAVED the 500$ fee to re draw the plans!!!!! My Building materials were just dropped off today (9/10/2015) and construction is set to take place from 9/14/15 - 9/17/2015. My experience with PPB has been nothing but excellent, and I have already passed along contact information to a few other friends looking to get work done! THANK YOU PIONEER POLE BUILDINGS!!!! This is a dream come true!!

Description of Work
Pioneer Pole Buildings have been providing quotes for a 24 x 36 x 12 Pole Barn with accessories.

12/18/2014

Rich S.

Description of Work
Reface a 20 x 20 x 20 barn that was wood with 27 gauge steel. Install steel trim around each window, door and along the roof line. Three guys worked ~9 hours to install the steel siding. They arrived early (before 7 AM) and started working right away even though it was only 23 degrees out. They removed flood lights and reinstalled them, worked around other utilities that are supplied to the barn. I don't think most people will even know that the wood siding has been covered with steel. |I did ask for matching red paint when talking to the estimator and was told not a problem but that did not show up with the materials. Other than that, I am very pleased with the workmanship and the way the barn now looks. I would use Pioneer Pole Barn again if I ever had the need.

03/27/2014

charles T.

Price was the best in the area. The setting up of the contract was fairly easy and choices were clear. Work was delaysed 2 weeks for weather. Day of construction work crew showed up on time and did a professional job at a speed that I did not expect. The building was up in 1 day. The work crew cleaned up their mess and all extra garbage and materials were pickwed up by Pioneer as promised. Other then the short delay to do the construction the experience has been pleasureable.

Description of Work
build a 24 x 24 pole building

03/25/2014

Margaret Y.

They had the garage up in one day. The service was fantastic and very reasonable. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Put up a 40x30 garage.

Category garage doors, remodeling

05/08/2013

Lewis H.

Amazing experience. I contacted the company on 27 Jan 13 get a quote. I received the quote the next day and scheduled a site visit for the next week. Shawn came out and walked the site with me and used a laser level to establish how much grading I would need (the need the entire site to be within 6" of level). Luckily I was only 10" off so it was not hard to level it out. It took about 2-3 weeks to get the sealed plans from Pioneer so I caould apply for my building permit from the township. Once I got the permit, I contacted Pioneer and we scheduled installation for 30 days later. The process was smooth and efficient. The materials were delievered on 1 April 13. They arrived at 0730 and were bundles in a very neat configuration. They were unloaded in less than 30 minutes. I barely had time to go refill my coffee before the next crew arrived to dig the footings. The dug all of the footings in about 90 minutes and then we had to wait for the township inspector to pass thefootings (which he did the next day). The build team arrived at 0800 on 3 Apr 13 and jumped right into the construction. There were three of them and they obviously had worked together before and built quite a few of these as there were no wasted movements. By 4pm they had all of the framing done and would have kept going by high winds prevented them from starting on the siding. The next day they arrived again by 0800 amd started putting the room and siding on the building. Once that was done, they finished small trim work and picked up the site and were done by 1pm. They told me the garage door installer would be there within 3 workdays to install the doors (Pioneer has contractors that do this in order to maintain the door warranty). The door installer came the following Monday (8 Apr) and had all 3 doors installed in 2 hours. Overall, the experience was awesome. From dealing with Heather and Monica concerning permits, schedules, and other random questions to the Quality Control inspector that signed off on the building and cleaned up most of the rest of the material it was a painless process. I would highly recommend Pioneer to anyone looking to add a pole building to their property.

Description of Work
They constructed a 40' x 30' x 10' pole building with three 9' x 8' insulated garage doors, one 6-panel entry door and eaves/gables with a one-foot overhang all the way around the building.

04/22/2013

Ed S.

They were very patient with me. They did a beautiful job. The quality was just excellent. They are the best.

Description of Work
They built a pole building.

11/30/2012

Lori S.

We were extremely pleased with the whole experience from our recent dealings with Pioneer. Each and every one of the employees were polite, prompt, cordial, and attentive to detail. The company is very professional both in their way of doing business as well as the individual employees themselves. We met wtih the sales rep in mid-october and within 1 month the entire process was complete. Along the way, they keep you informed of the progression and status of your work order and met all of their self-imposed deadlines. We found their rates to be the best and the quality of their workmanship is top-notch. We would definitely recommend them to anyone thinking of adding a building to their property and will use them again ourselves if we find a need for another building in the future.

Description of Work
Contacted sales rep from Pioneer from ad I had seen in local publication. Met with sales rep on 10/19 and ended up placing order for a 24x32/10 building. Sales rep went over work order process and what to expect. Workers showed up on time for the 11/13/12 scheduled date of construction and building was completely installed within 2 workings days, and process from start to finish was accomplished within 4 weeks of our initial meeting w/rep, as promised. Crew worked non-stop throughout each day and left the worksite in same condition as they found it.

11/15/2012

Philip W.

They had the best pricing and completed the job in 2 days. Great communication, providing plans, etc. Experience was better than expected.

Description of Work
Built a 24' x 40' pole building garage on my property.