Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc.

Founded 2005 • With Angi since June 2010

27 E. Lancaster St.

Red Lion, PA 17356

Hess Ornamental Iron specializes in custom railings, stairs, fences and gates. We also do any kind of metal fabrication and repairs....

10/28/2014

Elizabeth D.

Hess Ornamental Iron designed and built quality aluminum railing(painted black) to replace a crumbling, rusty black wrought iron put in decades ago. They were simply outstanding to work with. Scott Hess actually designed and built my railing. He added decorative touches that showed just how artistic and talented he really is. It was sooo worth the money we paid, because sometimes when you think you're paying for quality, it turns out to be the exact opposite. Not so with this company. I highly, highly recommend Hess Ornamental Iron, LLC because they will give you every bit of your money's worth! .

Description of Work
Replaced front porch railing

Category wrought iron

Thank you [member name removed]! Sooo glad you are happy with your railings. Our goal is to build a quality product and make our customers happy.

10/07/2014

Margie S.

Description of Work
I sent an inquiry through Angie's list to find out whether or not they offer free estimates. Lori responded that estimates are free if we are located within 50 miles. If we were not located within 50 miles, there would be a charge for the estimate, which would be subtracted from the bill if we decided to hire them. We're only 30 miles from Red Lion so I provided our address, however, rather than setting up an appointment to come and to give us an estimate, she asked for photos and measurements and offered to provide a ballpark estimate. I provided a photo of our front porch and a photo of the design we may have been interested in, along with the measurements, and waited. I checked back with her after a few days and received a quote for $3,800 for installation in "York County". We don't live in York County and the estimate was much higher than we anticipated for a rectangular cement pad with 2 steps. I told her that was much more than we anticipated and thanked her for her time. From a sales/customer service standpoint, I thought she might have suggested different styles with a lower price but that didn't happen. She just thanked me for my interest in their business. I'm sure they're very nice people but I got the impression that my business was not important to them, from start to finish.

Category wrought iron

At Hess Ornamental Iron our goal is to make every customer happy. We give the customer the "option" of getting a "ballpark" estimate by sending us pictures and dimensions. This customer chose that option and didn't ask for any other options when given a price. All of our work is custom and not pre-fab, so price will depend on material, design and labor.

09/08/2013

William B.

Prompt response and reasonable price. For various reasons, decided to use a different supplier.

Description of Work
Provided estimate for repair/replacement of wrought iron fence section and grit blast/power coat of 5 additional sections.

05/07/2013

Josephine H.

EXCELLENT Scott, Lori and their work crew are true professionals. We had work done last year and decided to have Scott design a handrail system to our lower yard. The path has a very steep pitch and is wooded on both sides. We use this macadem path as a walkway and tractor access to our lower yard. The handrails are beautiful and very solidly/firmly installed. The pathway was cleaned up beautifully. I now can traverse this pathway feeling very safe. We are thrilled. We will do business with Scott and Lori again, I'm sure. We most certainly have recommended them to friends, neighbors and family.

Description of Work
Designed and installed matching handrails to our lower yard.

10/01/2012

William H.

The response to my initial inquiry was a little slow as was arranging the inspection and getting the quote, so I was a little worried about getting the job done in time. However, after I made the deposit, things took off and they were able to meet my original deadline regardless. Spent a little more than I planned, but the workmanship is first rate and more than makes up for the extra bucks spent. Have another project in mind and plan to hire them again.

Description of Work
Custom railing designed, fabricted and installed at my residence.

09/30/2012

Josephine H.

Excellent. The rails were professionally installed, with neatness and attention to detail. We are very satisfied and will use their service in the future.

Description of Work
In late August I contacted Scott for an estimate on custom outdoor aluminum handrails. Scott help me design some garden handrails that would blend into a woodland setting. We negotiated a very reasonable price and he subsequently designed, fabricated and installed my rails.

Category wrought iron,metal restoration

10/02/2010

John K.

After months of being unable to find anyone to make the custom aluminum horizontal picket railings we wanted for our new AZEK porch/deck and for our foyer staircase, we found Scott's website and our worries were over. Scott understood exactly what we wanted and gave us lots of good advice to ensure we complied with codes while creating a one-of-a-kind look that we wanted. He showed up when he promised, completed the work on schedule and charged us what he had quoted -- even though we decided on an aluminum color which required more powder coating expense on his part. Scott was always upbeat and positive, no matter what demands we made. Customer satisfaction is definitely top priority with Scott. We could not be happier with the look or quality of the railings.

Description of Work
Scott Hess designed and constructed welded aluminum railings for our porch/deck and for our foyer staircase. He had them powder coated and installed and polished the railings.

Category welding,wrought iron,metal restoration

JB Welding & Fabrication

Welding work, handyman, electrical, roofing, concrete, fencing, porches, railing, carpentry, drywall, masonry, insulation, heating/ac, tree removal/landscaping, insulation Free estimates on any job.

J Display Case

We are a custom acrylic fabrication shop with stock designs also shown on our website. Our quality is the finest in the acrylic industry. Display cases, wall cabinets, display covers and bases for antiques, model ships, collectibles, and turntables. Safely packaged and shipped to your door. We ship to all of the US states and cities in 48 contiguous states. Email or call us for a free quote 1 800-971-6276.

Frequently Asked Questions & Answers about Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc.

How is Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. overall rated?

Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. is currently rated 4.9 overall out of 5.

What payment options does Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. provide

Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. accepts the following forms of payment: Check

Does Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offer free estimates?

Ask Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. for details on free project estimates.

Does Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offer eco-friendly accreditations?

No, Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. does not offer eco-friendly accreditations.

Does Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offer a senior discount?

No, Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. does not offer a senior discount.

Are warranties offered by Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc.?

Yes, Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offers warranties.

What services does Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offer?

Hess Ornamental Iron, Inc. offers the following services: Fabrication and installation of custom railings, stairs, fences and gates. Any type of metal fabrication and repairs.