Greg The Builder

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2009

4.4

We are fully licensed and insured with 33 years experience PA REG # 010595...

Precision Door of North East PA

Award winning. Precision Door Services Of North East PA the Wyonming Valley and surrounding areas on a daily basis. Most customers are seen within four hours of a phone call for service and our trained technicians arrive with a fully stocked truck. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day. We offer a free service call with repair to Angie's List customer.

D&S Artistic Woodworking, LLC

Make sure you hire an experienced cabinetmaker for your special project. D&S Artistic Woodworking makes high-quality custom cabinets, built-ins, closets and furniture for your home or business in Stroudsburg, Allentown, PA, northeastern Pennsylvania and northern New Jersey. Our custom cabinet makers work directly with you to design your dream cabinets, specific to your style and tastes. Then we use modern computerized equipment, traditional tools and quality materials to build them cost-effectively. You can count on us to build cabinets that fit your needs perfectly, whether they're in your kitchen, bathroom, living room or even a window seat in that odd nook you need to fill. We offer the best in residential cabinets, commercial cabinets and custom carpentry. If you need wooden furniture, we can handle that, too. We'll construct the cabinets that you'll love for years to come

Espinoza Electrical & Construction Services

Free Service Calls and Estimates for Angie's List Members...Welcome to Espinoza Electrical & Construction Services a family owned company. Here at EECS we have the privilege of serving our customers with 7 successful years of experience. Primarily performing residential electrical work along with specialization in Roofs, Siding, Handyman services, Decks & Porches. We offer great quality work at affordable prices. At EECS, we stand behind our workmanship with a lifetime WARRANTY. Give us a call for free estimate for any inquiries. Will do jobs no matter how big or small. Joel Espinoza

09/23/2015

Martin B.

Description of Work
So far so good with this contractor, but he has yet to start the work. This should happen soon as per recent phone conversations.

08/04/2015

GREGORY B.

Did a fine job with estimating and coming in on budget and time. Even when a few surprises occurred, Greg and his father were able to be flexible and make the project work.

Description of Work
rehabed older bathroom

Category handyman service,remodeling,home remodeling

08/18/2014

anthony W.

IT DIDN'T GO. HE NEVER RETURNED

Description of Work
CALLED ONCE TO SAY HE WOULD CALL BACK IN A DAY OR TWO! NEVER HEARD FROM AGAIN!

03/17/2014

Salvatore P.

That was the end of the process. He never contacted me again. I did not receive an estimate nor did he even have the courtesy to call back to say anything! He could have said he's too busy or that he wasn't interested in the job. But there was no further contact from this worker.

Description of Work
He showed up to take measurements and listen to what I was looking to have done.

10/07/2013

Nancy W.

He was nice when he was putting the roofs on the sheds and he seemed very good. We picked out a very nice and costly storm door for our back entrance. Paid for it in full at TM Supply. He was also supposed to change the fill valve and flapper in our commode. I BOUGHT the parts myself at Lowes. We thought he was good and he promised to be back as soon as the door came in. We paid him in full. BIG MISTAKE. After the roofs were done, which he was in a hurry to do because we had a dumpster here cleaning out our basement and he was able to toss the old shingles in it. He did deduct for the hauling of old shingles. But his workers left old shingles all over the yard and even the neighbors were picking them up in their yards. Not good. He promised he would be back to put the door in a few days. The door was bought in mid August. Days were going by, and we still had the dumpster and we were donating a bookshelf to our library. We live in a very small town. When coming home, there is Greg working on someone else's house. He yelled at us, and quot;What are you following me?and quot; Well maybe he didn't get the drift that we lived here all our lives. And we had to pass that way to get home. I asked him if he could just stop over for 5 minutes and change the fill valve as the commode was starting to make a hissing noise. NOPE. Too busy. Mind you, he was paid in full already. and quot;Call me next weekand quot; he yelled. Days go by, and no Greg. We called and he said he was working on a big job putting in windows. I asked when he was coming to do the work, he said he didn't know. We waited and waited. No call from him. It's already over a month that the door is sitting at TM Supply collecting dust. We called and asked him if he can get the door in before I went for surgery. He said, and quot;my truck broke down and my best guy quit on meand quot;. The truck is always breaking down. We got that story many times. So we called our legal firm and was told that this guy has a past and it was not good. You can't always believe what you read on the computer. We called and asked for our money back. He said I was going to come Friday. He never called to tell us until we called asking for our money back. I said no, we just want the money back. He got nasty. I asked him why he didn't itemize his proposal. Nothing was itemized. No labor nothing. In PA that is a state law that you need to write a separate bill for labor and materials. Greg is not doing that. I asked him how much he was charging to change the fill valve. He was $20 more than the licensed plumbers we use. And Greg is not licensed plumber. He said he would leave cash in the mailbox. I said 'you will NOT'. You don't leave cash in a mailbox. I wanted a bank check, and he got furious. We got our money back with a bank check. I hated to write this but people need to know just what some 'builders' will do to get their foot in the door. I never encountered anyone like this and now I can see why his worker up and quit on him. He was doing all the work for Greg. Something wasn't right there. And I see on another part of Angie's List someone else had the same problem with him not showing up and the truck always breaking down. This is the pattern he sets and when I am asking him a question about the work, he is always walking away turning his back on me. Too much in a hurry yet your paying for the services. Yes we made our mistake in paying him in full as he seemed so nice but were we wrong. Once he got that money, he would not return calls and I had to threaten legal action. Beware!

Description of Work
He put roofs on a pool shed and a storage shed. He was supposed to do further work. BUT.....

Category handyman service,plumbing,roofing

In response to this review, we would like to comment and correct things that are not true. The customer signed a contract on 8/17/13 to do the roofs, which were to be started two weeks afterwards. As promised they were done, along with another detail of which the customer wanted done. The customer was walked through afterwards, and with final approval, the job was complete. There were large trash cans to haul debris to the dumpster (which the customer was compensated for since she already had the dumpster) tarps were used to cover the area, and a magnetic roller used to pick up any unforeseen nails. There were absolutely NO complaints ! NONE ! If any shingles were in any yard, they were there previous to the roof being started. The roof was not in good condition. Against Gregs advice, she insisted on paying in full, which included $30.00 for plumbing and the delivery and installation of the storm door for $125.00. She picked out and ordered the door 8/14/13. It arrived at TM Supply on 9/3/13. When Greg asked about the install, she delayed due to on going things at her home. She wanted to wait. When the customer did see Greg on another job... there was no disrespect or nastiness involved. he stopped what he was doing and walked to her car after they yelled his name. The following me was a JOKE !! That's it, no drama. ***THE TRUCK was looked at by 3 different mechanics. The 2nd was to try to remedy the issues but called a few days before the scheduled appointment to say he had broken his back. The 3rd Mechanic replaced the engine a week later. ALL VERIFIABLE !! ***THE WORKER.... did quit. With no two week notice, nothing. No clue as to why, and honestly none of your business. Workers get paid and are expected to do just that. WORK !! ***RETURNING PHONE CALLS..... GREG returns all calls. If he doesn't answer... he's working!! Voice mail specifically state" Please leave your name, telephone number and a brief message and we will return your call as soon as possible. If your calling on a weekend or Holiday your call will be returned on the next business day. She must have called on a Sunday because she called at approximately 12:01 AM Monday and expected a cll back. Not going to happen, he's sleeping. ***THE REFUND As requested was given on 9/17/13. This was by check. There was never any mention of cash, as it is not good business for the customer or the business itself. This was in the amount of $215.00 This covered the $125.00 for the storm door, $30.00 for the plumbing that her plumber could have done for $10.00 and the $60.00 gracious tip she wanted refunded that she had given for the great roof job. She never mentioned how she called a few days after the contract was signed, to cancel, but then called again because they changed their mind and wanted him to do the job. Any one with a calender can figure out the time line involved. As far as being qualified Greg has certification for three years of plumbing. He is also certified in windows, doors and siding. He is track pipe certified and has certification in lead paint removal. He is licensed with the State Attorney General and is fully insured. This is not only displayed on his truck, but on every contract and business card, it's the law. He has numerous references available with verifiable names and numbers. All you have to do for a break down is ask. SHAME ON YOU !!! SHAME on you for putting down a good man. He would never show any disrespect to anyone, and this includes you! You describe him as being rude, disrespectful and arrogant. This is not true. Thank you for letting me voice my concern as to my character, reputation and business. GREG THE BUILDER

09/18/2013

Sandra S.

Date and time was arranged for delivery and installation. Greg and his crew arrived on time. They explained what they were going to do and started to work immediately. They were very polite, considerate, and organized. They were respectful of our home and cleaned up as they worked. It was a two day job for the three workers. Throughout the day Greg kept us updated on their progress.When the job was complete they went through the house with us to make sure we were satisfied with everything.Working with Greg was a very positive experience. We purchased the doors and windows from window world and Greg was the installer. We consider ourselves lucky to have had him. We discussed with Greg other projects we would like to do in our home in the future, and we found him to be very informative and knowledgeable of different products available and how to install them properly.

Description of Work
They installed windows in our whole house including basement. Also installed front entry and storm doors.

Category handyman service,replacement windows,doors

06/18/2013

DAVID R.

very well. I have been using Greg's services since 1999. He always goes the extra mile for us.

Description of Work
basement got flooded. Greg did total remodel of family room.Gutted the family room,all new framing,insulation,waterproofing,windows,drop ceiling,electrical and lighting and doors and trim.

Category siding

08/01/2012

Lisa G.

They installed two Air conditioning units. They were nice and fine. They were punctual. They did a good job.

Description of Work
I have used Greg The Builder for handyman services.

11/01/2011

Catherine B.

Greg is very reliable and very good at what he does. He showed up when he said he would and was punctual each time. He and his crew were very good with clean up after each workday. We found that he was not only very good at installing doors, but he was good at everything we asked him to do. We will call Greg for future jobs-big and small.

Description of Work
Greg The Builder was a general contractor that was highly recommended to us for installation of our new interior doors and exterior front door. He installed three interior doors, bi-fold closet doors, and two exterior doors. Our front door opening was enlarged to accommodate our new door which included two side-lites. Because we liked his work, we hired him to trim all the doors and one window, as well as base board trim in our foyer/ kitchen. All the trim involved custom work. He also drywalled our kitchen. He has done electrical work with light switches and replaced a hose bib.

Category remodeling,doors

10/20/2010

stephen B.

He has done a lot of work for me and he is fantastic. I can’t say enough good things about him. He is reasonably price and does high quality work. He follows up and follows through. He is reliable too. I probably spent $4000 for the bathroom remodeling and $15000 for the roofing work.

Description of Work
Greg the Builder is installing a new roof on my house right now. He has done some other odds and ends. He did some remodeling in a bathroom. It included plumbing, lighting, countertops and cabinets.

Category custom cabinets,countertops,handyman service,lighting,plumbing,roofing,home remodeling

Greg The Builder

Founded 1979 • With Angi since October 2009

4.4

Pittston, PA 18643

Windows, Doors, New construction and all phases of remodeling. Not sure? Call ... we would be happy to answer any questions. All calls are returned the same day !