WITT PEST MANAGEMENT

Founded 1908 • With Angi since December 2003

Witt Pest Management is Pittsburgh's OLDEST and MOST ADVANCED pest control company. For more than a century, we have been protecting the health and property of businesses and homeowners throughout the Greater Pittsburgh area. As a family-owned and operated company, our team is dedicated to meeting the needs of our customers with the highest level of personalized, quality service. Harry L. Witt started Witt Pest Management in 1908 with a simple business philosophy: give people the best service possible at a fair price, and you've got a good chance for success. More than 100 years later, our philosophy is still the same. We have become industry leaders in productivity and innovation, taking the practice of traditional pest control and evolving the concept by emphasizing "pest management," a more proactive and holistic approach to monitoring and managing real and potential pest problems at commercial facilities and residences. We consider our service, sales and office staff to be a part of our extended family, creating an atmosphere that encourages personalized service and genuine customer care. In fact, all members of our pest solutions team are focused on delivering exceptional service to every customer, every time. Because we're Pittsburghers and care deeply about the people who live in our region, the health and well-being of our customers, their families, their pets and their property is our top priority. All of our service technicians are licensed by the PA Department of Agriculture and receive ongoing training and advanced certifications. As a QualityPro Certified company, we meet the highest industry standards. To strengthen your confidence in Witt Pest Management, every employee is required to pass detailed background checks, as well as regular drug testing....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+18 more images

pest control (86)lawn treatment (3)

07/21/2022

Journey M.

I was very pleased! My technician (Neal) was very helpful and polite. He efficiently addressed the problem and answered all my questions thoroughly. Very good experience!

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 07/21/2022

Thank you so much for the great feedback and for taking the time to share your experience with our company and your tech Neal!

04/01/2021

Thomas K.

The process was efficient and professional. Brian was really awesome and answered all of my questions. I could not be happier with the initial experience. Hopefully, the rodent(s) is/are exterminated quickly.

Description of Work
Rat control

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

Thank you for the review and we will make sure Brian and our team works toward elimination and prevention. Cheers, Adam Witt

07/29/2020

Ian M.

Excellent, I still use them for maintenance. They found where the rodents were accessing the basement (plugged what they could) and because of that I am working with a mason company to patch the foundation issues ( still pending). Until then, I am using them and having them spray around the house is an added plus. It has been worth every penny. The staff have all been very friendly, engaging and professional. They listen and take their time and really work with you. I am very satisfied.

Description of Work
Rodent removal

Work Completed On 07/29/2020

07/14/2020

Julia P.

Witt was able to schedule next day services, and the technician did a great job. They seem very organized and were upfront about cost.

Description of Work
Treating house for mice and moths

Work Completed On 07/14/2020

Wow thank you so much for taking the time to share how we did. Welcome to Witt and we appreciate the privilege of protecting your home!

06/15/2020

Denisse S.

I called Witt after purchasing a home with signs of a potential mice & rat problem. The house is around 100 years old with a very narrow dirt crawlspace which had old rat traps and a rat carcass in addition to mouse droppings in closets. I had a different pest inspector come in who told me yup that's a rat and pointed out mice droppings inside the house . He put a few traps and called it a day. I was still worried after reading about rodent infestations and the importance of sealing a home to avoid intrusion. I contacted Witt and they were able to schedule me within a few days and sent the very lovely and knowledgeable Stan. I really can't say enough about how great Stan was. Not only did he do a thorough job evaluating the home for potential entry points (he even crawled into the scary looking crawlspace!) he was also extremely patient when answering all my questions. He closed up a small hole he saw with steel wool and gave me suggestions for remediating some larger structural openings that could be issues. He also assured me that the mice droppings were old and that he saw no evidence of recent mice activity. He then put rat snap traps and bait boxes in strategic locations ensuring they would not move (the other company didn't weigh the mice traps down so they've been blowing everywhere) . He just completed the process today so I cannot review whether it worked or not but with their 2 week follow-up and monthly preventive maintenance I have faith that if there is a rodent issue it will be remediated quickly. Cannot recommend them enough especially if you can get Stan !

Description of Work
Inspection for potential rodent issue

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you for the great feedback on your experience with our company and your technician Stan. We are thrilled that we helped you and provided you peace of mind also. We are excited to see you again and continue to keep your home protected from rodents.

01/10/2020

Martha Y.

The staff are professional and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
pest control

Work Completed On 01/10/2020

10/12/2019

Brett K.

Great company! From the moment we called to the moment the technician arrived we were updated every step of the way. We highly recommend Witt!

Description of Work
Pest control

Work Completed On 10/12/2019

Thanks for the review! We appreciate your business and you taking the time to share your WITT experience!

10/09/2019

he N.

My tech Zach was awesome. Knowledgeable, friendly, thorough and meticulous, answered all our questions and put us at ease. Would recommend definitely!

Description of Work
Inspection

Work Completed On 10/09/2019

Thank you so much for the review and so happy you were pleased with your tech Zach!

09/09/2019

Douglas F.

Excellent service. Friendly and professional technician spent lots of time looking for issues, talking about portions of the preventive maintenance plan, and assuring us that we could call at any time if we noticed any issues/concerns. Careful with shoe covers and thorough explanations of monitoring devices, particularly careful to let us know what risks there might be for our cats (e.g. if they step on a glue board for monitoring it’s not toxic and olive oil will take off the sticky residue without harming the kitty).

Description of Work
Evaluate to determine any active pest issues and put in place preventative plan to avoid future issues.

Work Completed On 09/09/2019

Thank you so much for the great feedback and your business. I will certainly let your technician Joe know that you were pleased with his service and we look forward to protecting your home.

07/26/2019

Peg S.

I sent a request for service via email in Angie's List and got an immediate response on the next business day. I had an appointment within 2 days and the service was very professional. Because of rain, I was not able to get an outside treatment that day, however, Rob returned the next day when he had a break in his schedule and completed the treatment. We have not seen an ant since that day. Thank you very much.

Description of Work
Had a problem with ants in the house

Work Completed On 07/17/2019

That is so wonderful to hear! Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with our office and your tech Rob. We look forward to keeping your home ant-free.

06/29/2019

Heather J.

This is the first experience we have done with an exterminator. Because of all of the rain, we have had small ants coming in. Joe was great! He explained everything thoroughly and was kind and professional. We even talked about our dogs, which is one of the concerns I had with having the treatment done- I didn't want anything toxic to my dog. I highly recommend Joe!

Description of Work
Ant extermination

Work Completed On 06/28/2019

So happy your first experience with a pest management professional was a great one! Thank you so much for the awesome feedback on the service and your Witt technician.

06/10/2019

Regina P.

Very well. Entire home and yard were inspected, small possible entries were plugged, Bait traps were set. Will return in two weeks to do another inspection. Encouraged me to call with any concerns.

Description of Work
Home inspection for rodents

Work Completed On 06/10/2019

That is great to hear! Thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to resolving your problem.

05/22/2019

Carole G.

Excellent phone rep when I called. Great tech Joe Anderson who explained everything and reassured us that we will be protected.

Description of Work
Originally termite control 15 years ago. Presently carpenter ants.

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

Thank you so much for the review and so happy you were pleased with the service from phone call to visit. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance. All the best!

04/26/2019

Jay F.

Very knowledgeable, personable, and thorough. We developed a plan to address the problem and they answered all my questions. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Inspection of a potential insect problem

Work Completed On 04/25/2019

Thank you for the great feedback and for choosing WITT! I will make sure your tech Zach knows you were pleased.

03/07/2019

Divya H.

The service tech Mark was extremely friendly and thorough. With two visits and their biopesticide option to eliminate bedbugs, we have been problem free for more than 6 months now!

Description of Work
bedbug extermination

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

So happy to hear! We know how stressful bed bugs can be and it delights us that we were able to help you put the whole ordeal in your rear view. Thanks for sharing your feedback on our work and your tech.

10/23/2018

Philip M.

Witt was extremely professional and affordable. Took out a yearly service contract with them.

Description of Work
Found several mice in basement area of home.

Work Completed On 09/05/2018

Thank you! Happy to hear that you were satisfied with service, price and quality. Welcome aboard! Best, Adam Witt.

10/12/2018

ROGER B.

Work performed. Now waiting for results.

Description of Work
Inside and outside spider control.

Work Completed On 10/12/2018

Thanks for the review and we appreciate your business. If can take up to a week for activity to dissipate but we are confident you will see results very soon. Please contact us if you need any follow up.

10/09/2018

kim C.

WITT offers a monthly plan that really suits the individual needs. They will come back as many times as necessary to eliminate the pests without additional expense. The servicemen are always pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
insect and pest prevention

Work Completed On 10/09/2018

Thanks for the feedback. If there is anything I can do to get us to an A, please let me know. Cheers, Adam Witt

08/03/2018

DANIEL W.

Dave quickly located source of noise, Honey Bee Hive on exterior of house. Was treated and we noticed immediate response with noise quickly diminished. It was raining in the morning, so he was unable to do regular seasonal treatment, but returned later in the day when weather had cleared.

Description of Work
Investigate and treat noise in ceiling

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

07/20/2018

Patricia D.

Dave was very professional and knowledgeable, He checked the whole house. He was very pleasant and goes the extra mile for the service I wanted for my mothers house.

Description of Work
Checking whole house for bugs

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with my company and your tech Dave. So happy to hear that you were pleased and please let us know if we can be of any additional assistance.

07/13/2018

tracey C.

Witt is always willing to go above to meet our needs and to take care of what is needed. They are both professional and kind.

Description of Work
pest control

Work Completed On 07/13/2018

Thanks for the lovely review, really appreciate and happy to hear your have been pleased with the service.

07/12/2018

T B.

Technician (Dave) was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
Pest treatment at house.

Work Completed On 07/12/2018

Thank you for sharing your experience, and happy to hear you were pleased with your recent service and your technician Dave.

07/10/2018

Naseem W.

Fantastic! I was with Witt for over a decade and they always did a really good job, but one day a young guy came knocking at my door from another companythat kinda like had a ring like adaptive environmental. The guy seemed to really know his stuff and promised me the stars & moon if only I sign up for a year contract. I thought maybe there really was something better out there that I had been missing by being with Witt for so long so I gave them a try. 1. Different guy each time, and always seemed to be his first week or month on the job. Every time with Witt I had the same guy who I recognized and knew, he knew my problems, so I didn’t have to explain every time, and he clearly had a ton of experience and knowledge. 2. When I had more problems with pests because of the NEW company, I would bring it up on their visit and the newest new guy would claim that the previous exterminator had no idea what he was doing. He laughed and said he put roach traps down for your closet moth problem. Apparently they didn’t have the kind of traps needed in their truck this time either. Witt come completely stocked up for any potential problem you might have. I have had random things that I bring up on the spot, and he goes to his truck and has everything he needs to take care of it. Even has enough to leave stuff with me if I want it. 3. After my year contract was over, I dumped the inept lying company who ended up telling me that they did not cover closet moths, even though the man who came to my door assured me that they did and guaranteed they would be gone. Despite that, they would not let me out of my contract or give me a discount or anything. As soon as I could I ran back to Witt and I am so happy to be back!!! They picked right up where they left off, the same familiar faces knowing just what I need. I’m never making that mistake again. I’m with them for good now. WITT is DEPENDABLE and QUALITY!!!

Description of Work
Bug control indoor/outdoor